2024 Hurricane and Tropical Weather

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Slightly off at a tangent, but does anyone else remember Israel Keyes talking in one of his interviews about relocating to the SE USA specifically because it would be easy to prey upon victims amongst the chaos? His plan was to live and work as a mobile contractor moving between disaster areas.

Israel Keyes....

what a disgusting/evil person...

I'm looking for the post from the 88 year old who had gone through Andrew, owned properties on the west coast of FL. and was wondering about their property in Murphy NC. Their property should be be fine. Murphy wasn't affected by Helene as far as I know. I'm just outside Asheville in Brevard helping family here and now freaking about family scattered all over FL. If you can find the post for me please tell them Murphy is safe to go too! Thanks!
Here you go:
Well I survived with damage, recoverable damage, but damage nonetheless. The island flooded as expected and the water was higher than previous storms. My two rental houses up in Pasco County had more damage as the surge was over 10 feet there. Both houses had all belongings destroyed. Neither tenant had renters insurance (against my recommendations). Both renters did not evacuate even though it was a mandatory evacuation for that area. One had to be rescued from the water. Why people do not take these warnings seriously I do not know and just put it down to them being idiots. That particular tenant is threatening to sue me for loss of habitation. Good luck with that buddy. Anyway, all belongings have been hauled to the street for pickup and plans were in the works for crews to start tearing down the drywall, etc this week. That is on hold for now. My house on Lido fared better as their had been mitigation done to limit damage. A wall of sorts to reroute the surge from the house. It held, but water did come up from beneath the cement base of the house but it was limited to 1 1/2 to 2 inches of water inside. As opposed to 4 feet.

Now on to this new nightmare. I am too old for this at 88 years old. As much as I love living on the water in paradise I do believe I am done. After Andrew I purchased a little plot of land up in the mountains near Murphy NC as a get away if things got really bad and I had to vacate for a long period of time. I never had to and the kids/grandkids use it as a summer camping spot. Who knows what condition that is in now, and I really do not even want to know. One can handle only so much loss in a short period of time.
So I'm out for who knows when folks. Good luck to all in the next few days/weeks/months.

@iridized —Murphy is safe.

4:00 PM CDT Mon Oct 7
Moving: E at 10 mph
Min pressure: 905 mb
Max sustained: 180 mph
[td]
HURRICANE AND STORM SURGE WARNINGS ISSUED FOR PORTIONS OF THE FLORIDA WEST COAST... ...MILTON POSES AN EXTREMELY SERIOUS THREAT TO FLORIDA AND RESIDENTS ARE URGED TO FOLLOW THE ORDERS OF LOCAL OFFICIALS...

[/td]

Reminder if you live in a flood zone and drive a Tesla or other EV… don’t leave your car in the garage during the storm.Saltwater can cause them to catch fire and the battery fires can be very, very difficult to put out. It could catch your house on fire.

Ugh, the pressure has dropped again. From 911 when it reached Cat 5 winds now down to 905
Reminder if you live in a flood zone and drive a Tesla or other EV… don’t leave your car in the garage during the storm.Saltwater can cause them to catch fire and the battery fires can be very, very difficult to put out. It could catch your house on fire.

Yeah, don't let your EV, or electric scooter or electric bike store in or near your house burn your entire house down in a flood because of the storm surge.

Milton's barometric pressure has dropped again from 911 this morning to 905 this afternoon with an increase in winds to 180 mph.

It is already stronger than Hurricane Andrew, which decimated southern Florida.

8 Category 5 hurricanes have hit the continental US. Katrina was one of those, Andrew was another.

People who don't want to leave their homes, won't go. May as well give them a Sharpie to print their names on their arms for identification. They will do it, defiantly.

People have free will. May as well respect their wishes.

I understand your point, but I do not respect their wishes when they willingly put others lives in jeopardy. Rescue workers will be out there looking for those who defy the evacuation orders.

Atlanta Motor Speedway is opening up its campgrounds for those people evacuating Hurricane Milton.

The speedway said Monday that it will “provide dry camping free of charge in its Legends Premium Campground for RVs and Legends Tent Campground for pop-up campers and tents.”

I live across the country, but I'm following. Keeping all in the path of this monster in my thoughts.
Mandatory evacuation zones. So many residents ...

Evacuation zones in Pinellas County, Florida, have expanded ahead of Hurricane Milton and residents are even being encouraged to leave the county altogether.

All residents in zones A, B and C, as well as all mobile home parks, are under mandatory evacuations, Emergency Management Director Cathie Perkins said Monday.
The zones:

I have friends in Bradenton, just south, but too close to the water.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chaterbox888
Back