Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Hurricane Milton on Monday 7 October.

1728345600734.jpeg

"There's a warning of a possible eight to 12-foot storm surge (2.4 to 3.6m) -
the highest ever for the region -
and the potential for widespread flooding.

'This is the real deal here with Milton',
Tampa mayor Jane Castor told the media.

'If you want to take on Mother Nature,
she wins 100% of the time'."

Last edited:
I understand your point, but I do not respect their wishes when they willingly put others lives in jeopardy. Rescue workers will be out there looking for those who defy the evacuation orders.
The problem right now is that there is no where they can go. People who lost their homes due to Hurricane Helene are in any hotels available in Florida, Georgia and South Carolina. I feel for those hoping to find a place to stay.

Floridians should evacuate to the west, go to Alabama, Mississippi, etc....don't go east! This storm may take a turn and go up the coast. That's our evacuation plan to go west if a storm is moving north, north east. It's amazing what a difference a 100 miles makes.

The problem right now is that there is no where they can go. People who lost their homes due to Hurricane Helene are in any hotels available in Florida, Georgia and South Carolina. I feel for those hoping to find a place to stay.
And then there are the pre-existing unhomed people. Where would they go? They can get arrested for camping in many cases.

I worry about so many people in the path of this hurricane. I wish all of my fellow WSers and their loved ones a safe week. It just seems so unfair to be hit with two devastating hurricanes is short succession.

Checking in from Dunedin Florida, aka, where Milton is expected to visit. My thoughts and prayers are with my neighboring people who are on websleuths. Stay safe.
Spent a day in Dunedin a few years ago, when I was visiting family. Such a beautiful town! Stay safe!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaMaude
Back