2024 Hurricane and Tropical Weather

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Milton downgraded to category 4

Here's the latest status on Milton: The hurricane is centered 560 miles southwest of Tampa. It's a strong Category 4 packing 155 mph winds as of 5 a.m. EDT and is tracking east-northeast at 12 mph.

The storm is expected to regain Category 5 strength Tuesday morning and maintain this strength through the day Tuesday. Milton is expected to make landfall as a major Category 3 hurricane late Wednesday.

I feel for you and had a dad that also would have stayed.
Though my mom would have booted out saying "good luck Joe".
My mom would have done the same, which is part of the reason why they weren't married long lol.
Talked to my son last night, he's stationed in San Diego, and he's going to call them today to see if he can get them to go elsewhere. Plus my uncle (dad's brother who he doesn't speak to) emailed me, worried about them. The rest of the family sees how dangerous this decision is, but we're dealing with a very high degree of stubbornness. At the end of the day, none of us can force them, but we can let them know that we're stressing out due to their decision.

"The storm intensified quickly on Monday, becoming a Category 5 storm,
before being downgraded to a Category 4 on Tuesday.

It had sustained maximum sustained winds of 155mph (250kph),
the National Hurricane Center said.

It's predicted to hit around the Tampa Bay area
before travelling over Orlando.

There is a warning of a possible eight to 12ft storm surge (2.4 to 3.6m) -
the highest ever for the region -
and the potential for widespread flooding."

Last edited:
Well I just found out my nephew who has a condo in Sarasota went down from Indiana to secure his boats and condo. He is going to stay there. This makes me crazy. Prayers for all that are going to be in the path of Milton.

Well I just found out my nephew who has a condo in Sarasota went down from Indiana to secure his boats and condo. He is going to stay there. This makes me crazy. Prayers for all that are going to be in the path of Milton.
I know you and the rest of your family are going to be so stressed about this decision.

Tell him, not sure if this has been shared, to change his voicemail every hour or two stating the time, date and that he is okay or what is happening at that point, so at least if he loses service you all will have an idea of what is going on. I read that this is what some of the Helene survivors did.

I know you and the rest of your family are going to be so stressed about this decision.

Tell him, not sure if this has been shared, to change his voicemail every hour or two stating the time, date and that he is okay or what is happening at that point, so at least if he loses service you all will have an idea of what is going on. I read that this is what some of the Helene survivors did.
Thank you much I will do just that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OKseeker
Back