2024 Hurricane and Tropical Weather

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I waffle between thinking everything will be ok, to I don’t know if I’ll even have a house to come back to. I’m not in an evacuation zone nor a flood zone. But they’re telling everyone in the area to leave.

At the moment the plan is to return on Saturday. It’s 7 hours from Panama City Beach to Sarasota. If I don’t have power when I return, I’ll need to find a place to stay. Hopefully with a friend that I know has a room and has offered it.

Attachments

• IMG_6227.jpeg
    IMG_6227.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 9
I waffle between thinking everything will be ok, to I don’t know if I’ll even have a house to come back to. I’m not in an evacuation zone nor a flood zone. But they’re telling everyone in the area to leave.

At the moment the plan is to return on Saturday. It’s 7 hours from Panama City Beach to Sarasota. If I don’t have power when I return, I’ll need to find a place to stay. Hopefully with a friend that I know has a room and has offered it.
Please take care of yourself and stay safe!

Good to know you’re safe. We are thinking about all of you affected from across the pond.

SICKENING. FHP Troopers rescued a dog left tied to a pole on I-75 near Bruce B Downs Blvd this morning. Do NOT do this to your pets. Awful.
I am going to assume they left the dog there for someone with better means to come along and rescue it before the hurricane hits. I have no idea if that is true, but that's what I want to believe.

jmo

There's another, longer more detailed account (which I can't find, it wasn't zoo tampa) of how zoo staff are staying with animals, which need more help, which will be terrified, etc. Some will be put in sealand vans with food, water and staff.

There was a hurricane in Southern FL about 20 years ago or so, many of the animals from "Jungle Island" got free. Which is why you see wild parrots, flying in flocks along US 1, in Miami. I loved watching them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaveyJ
Back