2024 Hurricane and Tropical Weather

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was your experience Hurricane Iniki??? Hit Kauai in 92... pretty sure it was 92. We were there , a full year later..... almost everything was still shut down and the sense of heartbreak and despair was still with all the people.

Hurrican memories just hang on........ f o r e v e r
No it wasn't Iniki. It was in the late 60s. But my brother experienced Iniki when he lived there. The devastation then was awful. He also experienced the threat of a tsunami in Maui few years later, but that turned out ok. Can't remember which earthquake caused that fear...maybe Fukushima I think.

Friend of mine just posted a picture on FB of a tornado in Clewiston by Lake Okeechobee. Said there was also major tornado on Alligator Alley, Miami this morning, and another warning in the area.
Four confirmed tornadoes this morning and Milton is still about 300 miles off shore.
:confused:

Friend of mine just posted a picture on FB of a tornado in Clewiston by Lake Okeechobee. Said there was also major tornado on Alligator Alley, Miami this morning, and another warning in the area.
Four confirmed tornadoes this morning and Milton is still about 300 miles off shore.
Max Velocity on YT is live streaming stuff about tornado warnings at present.

Posted 2 hours ago by Reed Timmer.

Attachments

• IMG_8131.jpeg
    IMG_8131.jpeg
    141.9 KB · Views: 18

Here’s why Milton could be a prolific tornado producer

From CNN Meteorologists Mary Gilbert and Brandon Miller
Multiple confirmed tornadoes have torn across South Florida since this morning, and it may just be the beginning of the chaos.

Milton’s outer rainbands are interacting with a front draped over Florida which is charging up the atmosphere with an extra boost of energy. The state will also warm up through the afternoon, before Milton’s heaviest rain and thick cloud cover arrive and limit additional heating. Heat fuels severe thunderstorms.

This extra atmospheric energy, combined with afternoon heat, some lingering dry air and added spin in the atmosphere from Milton will allow the hurricane to produce quite a few tornadoes over the next several hours.https://www.cnn.com/weather/live-news/hurricane-milton-florida-10-09-24/index.html?t=1728496084468

Watching these you tubes with these storm chaser guys....it's madness. You can't even see through that heavy rain and fog. How could they know there might be a tornado forming right above or in front of them? I guess their equipment shows what's going on?

I am going to assume they left the dog there for someone with better means to come along and rescue it before the hurricane hits. I have no idea if that is true, but that's what I want to believe.

jmo
It is still terrible

I am going to assume they left the dog there for someone with better means to come along and rescue it before the hurricane hits. I have no idea if that is true, but that's what I want to believe.

jmo
It could have been a stray and was running into traffic. That area is heavily congested. Hopefully, it was not intentionally turned loose with no protection.

Hurricane Milton: Tornado sweeps over bridge during meteorologist's live report

Those poor first responders!

The meteorologist tells viewers to be looking for water churning from rotation of a water spout and tornado while commenting about the first responders who are dutifully right there sitting ducks.

I’d be screaming call 911 get them off the bridge quick my radar shows rotation headed for them!

What would NBC-6 TV's chief meteorologist John Morales do?

I think he would warn them.

imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillianlily