2024 Hurricane and Tropical Weather

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The house is intact! The fence is still up! We have water! No power. No internet. My sweet neighbors took video and walked all around the house to look for damage. I’ll drive home on Saturday. My daughter will ride with me.

The screening needs to be replaced. The downspout needs repaired. The tree branches need to be picked up and taken to the curb. Some probably need to be cut up smaller so the county will take them.

I have no idea how these things will be taken care of. I’m praying some landscaping fairy will come along and put it back together enough so it can be mowed.

Attachments

• IMG_0056.jpeg
    IMG_0056.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0063.jpeg
    IMG_0063.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0062.jpeg
    IMG_0062.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0049.jpeg
    IMG_0049.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0048.jpeg
    IMG_0048.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0050.jpeg
    IMG_0050.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0068.jpeg
    IMG_0068.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0071.jpeg
    IMG_0071.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0069.jpeg
    IMG_0069.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0070.jpeg
    IMG_0070.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 63

90689091-13944735-image-m-22_1728556183204.jpg

Yikes!

'As if Hurricane Milton’s devastating winds and storm surge were not enough to worry about, a wildlife expert is warning of another danger— hungry alligators.

Christopher Gillette, who operates an animal sanctuary in northern Florida, warned his Instagram followers that the alligators “are going to be on the move in the floodwaters” in the wake of the storm.

“Make sure you’re staying out of the floodwaters the best you can,” Gillette said in a video crouched beside an alligator.

“Obviously there’s emergency situations, people are going to do what they got to do, but if you can try, stay out,” he said.'

The house is intact! The fence is still up! We have water! No power. No internet. My sweet neighbors took video and walked all around the house to look for damage. I’ll drive home on Saturday. My daughter will ride with me.

The screening needs to be replaced. The downspout needs repaired. The tree branches need to be picked up and taken to the curb. Some probably need to be cut up smaller so the county will take them.

I have no idea how these things will be taken care of. I’m praying some landscaping fairy will come along and put it back together enough so it can be mowed.
so happy for you!

My grandson is ok. His company was staged in St. Lucia so that after the storm they could start to remove trees and work along with the power companies to restore power. Unfortunately. he is somewhat traumatized because he was in the location. where tornadoes hit last night, and helped with searching and rescuing the people. He saw dead bodies for the first time in his young life.

So glad to see that your house is all right! How kind of your neighbors to take and send you photos. They evidently got through the storm okay.

Good news! Glad your home is ok!

My grandson is ok. His company was staged in St. Lucia so that after the storm they could start to remove trees and work along with the power companies to restore power. Unfortunately. he is somewhat traumatized because he was in the location. where tornadoes hit last night, and helped with searching and rescuing the people. He saw dead bodies for the first time in his young life.
Wow, that was a tough experience for him. I can't imagine... But thank goodness he is okay.

Wonderful news! I know you are so relieved to see the photos

“Milton was not the worst case scenario,” Gov. DeSantis says:

The hurricane weakened before landfall.
Storm surge was not as bad as expected.

What did seem to be a surprise: so many tornadoes.

The tornadoes definitely surprised me. I have a bunch of videos from the one that plowed through Wellington where I live. They won't post here. It was scary, looked like it should be in Kansas or Missouri.

Remember our "Milton/Trooper" Pooch ? :)

Update:

1728576849014.jpeg

"The dog was taken to the Pet Resource Center in Tampa.

Later this afternoon,
on the Facebook page for
Lost and Found Pets of Hillsborough County,
the five-year-old pup has been returned to his owner.
It is not known who tied him up."

His history:

1728576962799.jpeg

Last edited:
That would be very traumatic to anyone. I hope he has someone he can talk to.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
70DaysofSilence
Back