2024 Hurricane and Tropical Weather

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The house is intact! The fence is still up! We have water! No power. No internet. My sweet neighbors took video and walked all around the house to look for damage. I’ll drive home on Saturday. My daughter will ride with me.

The screening needs to be replaced. The downspout needs repaired. The tree branches need to be picked up and taken to the curb. Some probably need to be cut up smaller so the county will take them.

I have no idea how these things will be taken care of. I’m praying some landscaping fairy will come along and put it back together enough so it can be mowed.
The most important thing is you are safe and your house isn't damaged. I would be sure and have someone check your roof just to be sure.

My grandson is ok. His company was staged in St. Lucia so that after the storm they could start to remove trees and work along with the power companies to restore power. Unfortunately. he is somewhat traumatized because he was in the location. where tornadoes hit last night, and helped with searching and rescuing the people. He saw dead bodies for the first time in his young life.
Oh, that's so hard for him.

We rarely recognize how difficult can be for first-responders and support workers to have to deal with very sad situations they run across.

He is to be thanked for his work and his support in dealing with a situation few others could do.

I have friends who live on the east coast. She posted pics on FB of the extensive damage in her area....Martin County, in the south east. She and her husband live in a well fortified home, but they had 4 tornados touch down within 3 miles, very stressful and frightening, and this was before Milton even made landfall. No damage to their home (other than debris, trees etc).
These numerous tornados....who would have known? Awful.
eta: FB is Martin County Sheriff's Office page

I have friends who live on the east coast. She posted pics on FB of the extensive damage in her area....Martin County, in the south east. She and her husband live in a well fortified home, but they had 4 tornados touch down within 3 miles, very stressful and frightening, and this was before Milton even made landfall. No damage to their home (other than debris, trees etc).
These numerous tornados....who would have known? Awful.
eta: FB is Martin County Sheriff's Office page

I've read about large hurricanes having big storms, including thunder and lightning, but I've never really paid much attention to tornadoes, because you often can't really tell if the winds are very high.

It appears that these hurricane-spawned tornadoes are likely to be huge, strong, persistent, and very much more destructive. I don't know how anyone on the east coast could really have thought to prepare for an extended, 6-hour long tornado warning.

Sure, they were likely worried about local flooding and rain, but not thinking of hurricanes. They didn't even have hurricane shelters set up there.

Thank you for sharing this. It's good to be advise for these hazards, and to make sure they get support and rebuilding, too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IndigoRose
Back