25 October 2011 Main Stream Media coverage of Baby Lisa

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was AFTER, he said thats the pic the police have been showing everyone.. So it was a face he recognized. I dont buy it.. Jersey was cleared and like I said, I believe he had nothing to do with this.
I don't think they went much out of the neighborhood showing his photo. Motorcycle dude doesn't live in the neighborhood that I am aware of so chances are slim he was shown it. Not impossible though that he saw it.

So what. She doesn't have a legal drivers license = she wasn't driving anywhere, so that's irrelevant.
How frequently should she have checked on the baby what's the recommended increment of time?
BBM

Regardless whether you are on the fence or favouring a particular side I think everyone here will agree that 8-9 hours is too long to go without checking on an ill (and what must have been) quiet infant.

Truth is though that we don't know when DB checked on Lisa because she cannot recall. Might have been 3 hours or perhaps 8-9. We just don't know.

Does anyone know when the first time we learned that JI ran across the street to call 911 or find Lisa.

I've never heard that version. I read that he suddenly remembered he had his work cell phone in his pocket. :waitasec:

I completely AGREE. Sounds like they are asking for sympathy in the form of CASH. Even that last line about them living "paycheck to paycheck". What's that got to do with it?

By the way, EDUCATION begins at home. If I wanted to raise my kids with a good CATHOLIC education, I might not want them to see me living in an adulterous relationship & having a baby with my lover/boyfriend/fiancee while I am still married to my husband! YIKES!

BBM : Yep ... IMO, that is outright asking for DONATIONS ...

MOO MOO and MOO !

Ding ding ding! Winner.

We keep 2 guns and a baseball bat by our bed, but leave windows and doors unlocked and make sure all the internal doors are closed so we can't hear a stinking thing if someone does decide to break in!

^^^ This is a PSA on what not to do if you are concerned about a break-in.

Do we know that they kept two guns and a baseball bat by the bed or is that the way those items were left after the search?

According to her, she had no phone that could make outgoing calls, either. So, again, let's review:

1. A mother left in the sole care of 2 small boys and a sick infant.
2. She can not legally drive.
3. She has no way to call out in an emergency.
4. By her own admission, she was DRUNK (and may have even passed out).

Let's assume for a moment there was a fire. Let's assume for a moment that one of the children fell down and spit their head open. You honestly do not see a problem with this "drunk, can't drive, can't call out on the phone" scenario?

Really?
Lets put another 'spin' on it. If this was a daycare provider or a nanny that was 'drinking on duty' there would be outrage with or without an accident. But because its mom, its okay? Whether there was an abduction or she did something herself, she is responsible. Her actions (drinking to 'black outs') were directly or indirectly responsible for what happened. Either way.

If she was in fact drunk.

Please discuss main stream media here. *This is not a general discussion thread*. Post articles and videos and discuss shows from today here.

bumping up again...

please attack the post and not the poster... and do so with respect. thank you

This is why it was very good judgement as to why Jersey's photo was not public knowledge. Sightings would be 'pure'.

But anyone could find his mug shot on-line if they knew his name. I know it was not officially released. But motorcycle guy by his own admission did not come forward for "about a week." So I would be interested in timeline of the events there. What made motorcycle guy to finally figure out there could be a connection between the man he supposedly saw and missing LI?

Ding ding ding! Winner.

We keep 2 guns and a baseball bat by our bed, but leave windows and doors unlocked and make sure all the internal doors are closed so we can't hear a stinking thing if someone does decide to break in!

^^^ This is a PSA on what not to do if you are concerned about a break-in.

One of the boys heard clicking which could have been from burglary tools at a door or window. If the burglar exited by a door, he/she may not have locked the door behind them.

One of the boys heard clicking which could have been from burglary tools at a door or window. If the burglar exited by a door, he/she may not have locked the door behind them.

DB said she did not close the window, so why would any burglar need tools? It wasn't closed.

The reported sightings have come from as far as California, people just certain they’ve spotted the blond-haired Kansas City baby whose cherubic face has been printed on fliers and circulated on national television programs since her disappearance three weeks ago.

Yet so far, the roughly 200 calls fielded by Kansas City police have only generated a string of false positives in the search for Lisa Irwin.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...as-city-baby/2011/10/25/gIQAFH9sFM_story.html

I think that's exactly how this case will rest, no matter how it's solved (or not) with many on this board.

She may be completely innocent of harming her baby, she may be telling the absolute truth and a stranger or acquaintance came in the house in the wee hours and stole her baby. But she's guilty anyway, of drinking and not submitting to interrogation for more days on end.

I think she's probably innocent. No adults are sinless, that was for Jesus Christ alone. I think there is a population of posters who believe she is guilty, and nothing in the world will take that back, not even finding her buried in some weirdo's yard with a full confession.
So maybe it's time to go to the dog park.

Happy posting, all.

BBM ~ I agree completely.

I became interested in the baby Lisa case from day one and found this WS forum via a link on Twitter. I was very excited, as I was looking forward to intelligent and open-minded discussion related to the case. <modsnip>
Fine, everyone here is entitled to their opinion. But it is obvious that for many here, no matter what Deb does it will be twisted to make her look bad and prove her "guilt".

Yes I realize that there is a chance that DB is guilty. But based on the evidence and my own observations thus far, I do not believe that Deborah harmed her child, accident or otherwise. I believe it is possible that someone abducted Lisa (without knowledge/direction of DB and/or JI). I also believe it is VERY possible that JI has everyone fooled and is behind all of this, and that Deborah might be threatened or manipulated into helping cover for him. That would explain a lot, her admitting to behavior that makes her look bad, changing timelines etc. that make her look guilty... did it ever occur to anyone that some of the decisions DB made were to benefit (cover for) someone OTHER than herself? Someone started a thread to discuss Jeremy's involvement in Lisa's disappearance (LDT thread), but very few of us even bothered to give it any consideration. <modsnip>

LE has spent HOURS interrogating this couple and HOURS searching not only THEIR property but the uncle's property where they are staying. They have collected bags of evidence. They have interviewed countless people. Someone please explain to me why Deborah has not yet been arrested, if it is so obvious that she murdered Lisa.

Has it also occurred to anyone that perhaps LE does not or no longer suspects DB at all, but is allowing that impression to linger so as to not tip off their actual suspect?

Or, perhaps, LE doesn't have a freakin clue as to what happened to Lisa. They announced their lack of objectivity in this case loud and clear the day they announced to the public so early in the case that the parents were "no longer cooperating". No way around it, that was a verbal attack on the parents and has done NOTHING to help find Lisa... they could have easily stated something to the effect of "we have more questions for Lisa's parents and are urging them to provide us with answers promptly".

I could go on and on... I think what bothers me most is that many here know EXACTLY how they would act if this happened to them. I used to feel that way about some of my annoying whiny attention-seeking drama-creating patients... until I had my own disastrous and agonizing hospitalization. I was surprised at how I "acted", and ashamed at how I had judged the behavior of some of my former patients. Until you walk in someone's shoes...

Anyways, still holding on the hope that Lisa is alive and safe somewhere... prayers for her and those that love and miss her.

MOO of course

Speaking on the topic of this thread -

It seems MSM is slowly pushing this story down in the queue list. I've only seen 2 or 3 mentions of it this morning on FOX - and those were just small "blurbs" - nothing of any length. Sadly, this will continue as long as no new news surfaces. We see it here all the time. MSM is very fickle and will move on to the next "breaking news story" because its all a ratings game.

I'm frustrated that LE didn't conduct any searches yesterday (see Nursebeemee's post in the searches thread - has a link to this). I'm aggravated that the parents are refusing to sit down with LE and answer the hard questions. I'm angry that the print media is publishing statements by the parents and their attorney about their "economic status" and "wants for a better (private) education" for the boys - instead of trying to find Baby Lisa.

With that - I'm off to my backyard. Its a beautiful day here and we are now "eyeing" Rina to my south. I'm not liking what I'm seeing and this weekend - probably Halloween could be a nasty nasty weather event. Don't like the ones that come up and hit us from behind - those are always the worst.

I'll check in when I take my breaks. And I really hope to see the Baby Lisa has been found.

I am starting to wonder what kind of relationship the Irwin's had with the neighbor across the street. Seems like someone here made a comment that someone said JI ran across the street looking for Lisa? or did I imagine that? Anyone else hear that, or have a link to that info? (if it IS info)

What we know is that this motorcycle guy did not even contact LE for about a week. I am having a hard time believing this story as it is.
But Elizabeth Smart's sister didn't identify her sisters captor until six months later. Are we to discount that?

Assumed of confirmed?

What day was Jersey's photo published, anyone remember?

We know the alleged witness waited a week to go to police (I too question the integrity of this sighting).

If Jersey's picture was published on day 10, and this man spoke up on day 7, it would stand to reason that he had been given a photo lineup before it was published in MSM. Since he was not a neighborhood man, it also stands to reason that he didn't see the photo prior to it being released by MSM.

I just want to make sure we don't take perception as fact.

Taking my unintelligent, simple-minded self outside for some fresh air.

It wasn't even a week but "about a week." So who knows how long that actually was before he reported it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member