Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Jersey's friend lived across the street from the Irwins? :waitasec:

Is that why JI says he immediately went across to the street to see if Lisa was there or does the neighbor that was drinking with DB that night live there?

They couldn't become full members of the Catholic church, nor would a Catholic school accept them, because they are living in an adulterous relationship. They can't take communion either. Not until DB gets an annulment and DB and JI get married would they be fully accepted into the school/church.

Having said that, Catholic schools do take non-Catholic students but they are excluded from religious activities (mass, first communion, confirmation, etc) and the parish provides no financial assistance to them. If DB thinks the Catholic community will take pity on them and offer to provide an education for her two boys, she is wrong. She'll pay the $14,000 a year just like every other non-member, if they take them in the first place.

BBM--

Are you saying that their children would not be allowed to attend Catholic school because their parents are not married?

***ALERT - JUST OPINION AND THINKING OUT LOUD HERE - SPECULATING, IF YOU WILL***
I'm wondering - remember One Eyed Jacks? The bar that Jersey got kicked out of for being drunk and being rude (or was it fightin?). Did Mr. Biker Dude get into it with Jersey at One Eyed Jacks one night and now - well,,,, payback is a pain - THIS IS JUST MY OPINION AND MAYBE SOME STINKIN' THINKIN' Just odd that this guy waited a week to report this, couldn't remember a whole lot about it - but can pick a local homeless, handyman out of a lineup after this long?
***END OF SPECULATING AND STINKIN' THINKIN'***

Interesting indeed :)
I've never been there, but the online reviews seem to point to it being a friendly neighborhood biker bar..FWIW

I think that's exactly how this case will rest, no matter how it's solved (or not) with many on this board.

She may be completely innocent of harming her baby, she may be telling the absolute truth and a stranger or acquaintance came in the house in the wee hours and stole her baby. But she's guilty anyway, of drinking and not submitting to interrogation for more days on end.

I think she's probably innocent. No adults are sinless, that was for Jesus Christ alone. I think there is a population of posters who believe she is guilty, and nothing in the world will take that back, not even finding her buried in some weirdo's yard with a full confession.

So maybe it's time to go to the dog park.

Happy posting, all.

Please forgive me, by no means do I wish to insult you personally here, so please take this as a general statement. Even though I have quoted you, I do understand your position. I respectfully disagree. Even yesterday as I re-viewed Jeremy recount the list of suspects I watched Deborah's responses when the reporter told her that Lisa is a beautiful child, and Deborah started listing the wonderful qualities about Lisa; in the correct tense "She is..a happy child" She will go to others etc..... It seemed that she did have a look of pride in her daughter, but this does not match with her overall behavior and responses in this case. Huge red flags.

That being said.

With all the posters that believe that DB is innocent...

I cannot for the LIFE of me figure out WHY and HOW anyone can minimalize and diminish the idea that this woman acted in such an grossly irresponsible manner that her child is now GONE. A human being is missing seemingly off the face of this earth and the way this mother has acted is the antithesis of what a parent would do when they are trying to locate their child. Not only has she not been involved, and assist in locating her daughter, dare I say she has absolutely impeded this investigation!

Totally befuddling that anyone can justify any part of this behavior? I am trying to understand the mindset that can see it from that perspective and I simply cannot. :(

O! O! O! - Also have to wonder how the local Catholic population/church would feel about DB's remark when asked about moving back into the house?

DB: "I call it the "OMEN" house now" Link is Megyn Kelly's FOX interview.

JMHO.

Something DB wants. They live paycheck to paycheck. Catholic school isn't cheap. Ain't gonna happen living paycheck to paycheck. JMHO - this statement was put out there in hopes a local Catholic school will "offer" the boys free tuition because of the "predicament" they are in. GMAB

How about THEY WANT TO FIND BABY LISA" ???? Huh? What happened to that? Remember HER????

*********************must sit on hands, must sit on hands****************

BBM: I agree ... and last night on HLN, one of the reporters [can't remember name] ... reported that DB was seeking assistance from a "spiritual adviser" ...

It is one thing to pray and have a prayer vigil, etc. BUT ...

IMO ... it's REAL HINKY when "religion" is brought in while an "investigation" is ongoing ...

MOO MOO and MOO ...

Taken from the closed thread.

Respectfully snipped and BBM.

Momtective, this is not directed at you but since you bring up innocence, I'm jumping off your post. I don't agree with you but I do respect your opinion. :)

Anyway, jumping on the word innocence. As we stand now, DB has not been proven guilty in a court of law. That doesn't make her innocent but it also doesn't make her guilty.

Now when I think of innocence, I think of Lisa. An innocent harmless baby who deserved to be protected.

That night she was not. Her mother admitted she was drunk. That's negligent. Sure it doesn't make DB a murderer but it does show she was irresponsible. There is no excuse for willingly getting drunk, for willingly choosing adult time with three kids in the home, one of which was sick.

I can look past a lot. I can ignore the cavader dog hit, even though I don't doubt it. I can consider LE has played too much hardball and maybe has tunnel vision. I don't believe that either but it's not out of the realm of possibility. I can get past the numerous times the time line has changed, blaming it on faulty media reporting even though most of it comes straight from DB, JI and their lawyers.

But what I can't get past is that by her own admission, a woman admits to being drunk when being the sole care giver for three children that night, at that moment. It's wrong and I think she deserves scrutiny for it and I see people overlooking or excusing it and it bugs me.

And if DB is lying and wasn't drunk perhaps something more sinister happened. No one lies about that and risks scutiny if there isn't a worse truth that needs to be covered up. Unless you need a defense strategy.

Lisa is truly the only innocent one here. It may not be the kind of innocent based on the law but then in my eyes DB wouldn't be innocent by law either for risking her children's safety by choosing "me time" when she was the one responsible for them that night.

Anyway, back on topic (sorry mods) I see "Jersey" is back. Maybe his other alias is "White Blob"

All my opinion :twocents:

Considering the "sickness" was a cold and not the measles, it's likely the mother (having hands on knowledge of her children's habits as far as sleeping and waking go) she put them down thinking she could drink and they would be fine. Drinking in your own home, expecting the safety that is normally afforded one in their own home, I don't think it's ridiculous. In addition, expecting the father to be home at some point in the night, it's reasonable to say she was not NEGLECTFUL.

BBM--

Are you saying that their children would not be allowed to attend Catholic school because their parents are not married?

No, not because the parents are unmarried. Because DB is married to one man and living in an adulterous relationship with a different man. Though they wouldn't be thrilled that the parents were living together outside of marriage either, now that you mention it. They would probably be shunned to some degree for that, but the fact that DB is married, yet living with different man, would not be accepted. They might let the kids into the school, but certainly would exclude the parents from full church membership and they certainly would not provide $$$ assistance or scholarships to the kids.

Babies have been taken from homes with stone cold sober parents sleeping in them. .

Snipped for brevity...

This site claims that @200 children are killed by their mothers per year

http://crime.about.com/od/female_offenders/a/mother_killers.htm

It also states that 3-5 children are killed A DAY by their mother or father. Not by a stranger.

On the flip side of that only 278 infant abduction have occurred since 1983 (almost 30 years) and only 13 were strangers. All but 1 was returned alive.

Yes, it has happened that children have been kidnapped from houses where sleeping parents were, the odds of it being the case here are fairly low.

I hope like hell it was a stranger, but the hinky factor and stats don't back that up. If I am wrong, I will gladly write a public apology.

BBM: I agree ... and last night on HLN, one of the reporters [can't remember name] ... reported that DB was seeking assistance from a "spiritual adviser" ...

IMO ... it's REAL HINKY when "religion" is brought in while an "investigation" is ongoing ...

MOO MOO and MOO ...

I don't know, in certain cases I could see it happening in a non-hinky way. People with missing children pray for miracles. They consult with psychics. They desperately want their child to come home. I can certainly see that playing out with a return or new development of religious faith, because they are desperate.

Now, whether that's the case here or not....well. I'm sitting on the fence as to what happened, but my perception of DB doesn't fit with that expression of religious faith.

MOO MOO and MOO ...

I think prayer vigils and candlelight vigils are a waste of time, they don't do anything to return the child/ person missing, And really if she needs a priest or deacon or pastor or whatever, I can imagine it's a common need by someone who has had their child taken from their in the dark of night.

No, not because the parents are unmarried. Because DB is married to one man and living in an adulterous relationship with a different man. Though they wouldn't be thrilled that the parents were living together outside of marriage either, now that you mention it. They would probably be shunned to some degree for that, but the fact that DB is married, yet living with different man, would not be accepted. They might let the kids into the school, but certainly would exclude the parents from full church membership and they certainly would not provide $$$ assistance or scholarships to the kids.

Wow. It never ceases to amaze me how stereotypes are repeated and repeated.

I have 4 children, in the age range of DB's children, and let me tell you... their nightly "habits" change day by day, and definitely aren't the same when they are sick.

Cold or not, if you have a sick child and you drink enough to get drunk and/or black out... there is no excuse for that. It is neglect, pure and simple. Whenever I have drank at home, my husband is already home from work, and my children are already in bed, and I surely don't get drunk or black out.

It baffles me how this behavior could be excused by anyone. This wasn't "adult time", this was a 25 year old mother acting like a child, and putting her needs before her children. And not only that, then DEFENDING her selfish behavior all over national television.

No remorse for getting drunk and not hearing your daughter being "kidnapped"? IMO, there's nothing more hinky in this case than that.

Considering the "sickness" was a cold and not the measles, it's likely the mother (having hands on knowledge of her children's habits as far as sleeping and waking go) she put them down thinking she could drink and they would be fine. Drinking in your own home, expecting the safety that is normally afforded one in their own home, I don't think it's ridiculous. In addition, expecting the father to be home at some point in the night, it's reasonable to say she was not NEGLECTFUL.

She was a sole caretaker. She doesn't have a legal drivers license. She didn't have a working phone either-or so we have been told. She got drunk, by her own admission, and doesn't even know if she checked on the baby. I guess what what I am trying to say is: what is reasonable to you does not sound reasonable at all to me.

So Jersey's friend lived across the street from the Irwins? :waitasec:

I saw that interview,too. Also, the Irwins had reported someone attempting to steal their car. They slept with a baseball bat and two guns in their bedroom.

Johnny "Jersey" Tanko has a record of tampering with a car and burglary. Describing him as a "handyman" seems unsupported by the evidence. I haven't heard anyone say that he worked for them. It seems he was a vagrant in the neighborhood, squatting in abandoned houses. He had within days prior to the disappearance been thrown out of a bar and had stolen from a local market. He doesn't fit the profile of the harmless beloved neighborhood drunken homeless ex-con who rode around on a bicycle with a backpack.

It is the neighbor across the street that says that the Irwin house lights were on at 11:30 p.m. and it was to the neighbor across the street that Jeremy Irwin ran to when he learned his daughter was gone. It is this neighbor who is Jersey's friend.

The good thing is that LE is holding him indefinitely on a federal warrant for failing to check in with his probation officer. Don't know why the federal probation--the other convictions are out of state court.

I have 4 children, in the age range of DB's children, and let me tell you... their nightly "habits" change day by day, and definitely aren't the same when they are sick.

Cold or not, if you have a sick child and you drink enough to get drunk and/or black out... there is no excuse for that. It is neglect, pure and simple. Whenever I have drank at home, my husband is already home from work, and my children are already in bed, and I surely don't get drunk or black out.

It baffles me how this behavior could be excused by anyone. This wasn't "adult time", this was a 25 year old mother acting like a child, and putting her needs before her children. And not only that, then DEFENDING her selfish behavior all over national television.

No remorse for getting drunk and not hearing your daughter being "kidnapped"? IMO, there's nothing more hinky in this case than that.

I have only 2 children <modsnip> but if someone had not taken her child, no one would have been hurt by her having alcohol.
It's not her fault IF someone entered her home and committed this crime. And since we know this has happened in other instances where the parents had not been drinking, it can be seen as a moot point.

Wow. It never ceases to amaze me how stereotypes are repeated and repeated.

Posters are simply pointing out how the Catholic Church would view this relationship. No one is slinging around any stereotypes, just stating the facts wrt the Catholic Church.

(And with that...I'm going to drag myself back to the thread topic.) :)

And yet she left the window open and doesn't know if she locked the door. On the night her husband was not home. That doesn't strike me as someone so concerned about personal safety.

***ALERT - JUST OPINION AND THINKING OUT LOUD HERE - SPECULATING, IF YOU WILL***
I'm wondering - remember One Eyed Jacks? The bar that Jersey got kicked out of for being drunk and being rude (or was it fightin?). Did Mr. Biker Dude get into it with Jersey at One Eyed Jacks one night and now - well,,,, payback is a pain - THIS IS JUST MY OPINION AND MAYBE SOME STINKIN' THINKIN' Just odd that this guy waited a week to report this, couldn't remember a whole lot about it - but can pick a local homeless, handyman out of a lineup after this long?
***END OF SPECULATING AND STINKIN' THINKIN'***

RBBM: This bar "One Eyed Jacks", I would like to know :

1. IF the "motorcycle witness" goes to this bar ...

2. IF DB, JI, any of their family, any of their friends go to this bar ...

3. The night "motorcycle man" said that he saw a "man walking with a baby at 4:00 a.m." ... I would like to know WHAT "motorcyle man" was doing out at 4:00 a.m., MAYBE he was leaving the bar OEJ, was he going to work, was he going home, WHAT was he doing OUT at 4:00 a.m. ?

MOO ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member