30 March 2010: Blog entries about the Susan Cox Powell case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Pickie Chickie
You are doing a wonderful job keeping us all informed regarding Susan's case. Many of us consider this case heartbreaking beyond words. Did you know her?
I am sending positive thoughts that there can be some resolution in this case. I certainly worry about the boys; they are not in a healthy environment from all accounts.
Keep up the good work!

Pickie Chickie
You are doing a wonderful job keeping us all informed regarding Susan's case. Many of us consider this case heartbreaking beyond words. Did you know her?
I am sending positive thoughts that there can be some resolution in this case. I certainly worry about the boys; they are not in a healthy environment from all accounts.
Keep up the good work!

Thank you for expressing your appreciation. No, I didn't know Susan. I just got interested in the case because of the suspicious circumstances. Because I recently learned about "Google Alerts" and set one up for Susan Powell and Josh Powell, I have been able to read every article and watch every video about this case.

I am hoping this case will be solved soon and the person who is guilty for Susan's disappearance punished appropriately.

I also hope that Susan's boys end up in the custody of a loving couple who will be able to raise them to be loving, kind, giving and mentally healthy adults.

I wish I had read this before leaving Moab just this morning, I would have checked it but now that's 450 miles away. Not because I think she's there, but because it's a great place to go and poke around for the slightest excuse. A beautiful place.

It's very reassuring to me, that if Susan is anywhere near there she will be found. The Jeep Safari is going on now and the whole region is crawling with people out exploring everywhere. Hwy 313 is so popular they had to restrict camping in the area.

If this is where Susan is resting, it won't be for long.

My daughter is driving to the Jeep Safari thing right now...
I just called her to tell her to look for Susan.

http://heartsknitforsusan.wordpress.com/

Interesting to learn from this blog entry that Susan was a licensed real estate broker. She took the exams at Josh's urging.

Kiirsi // April 7, 2010 at 7:39 am | Reply

I had forgotten about the realtor thing because it wasn’t a big deal in her life…Josh insisted that she get a real estate license so she could also show clients houses if he was busy. So she studied and got it, but didn’t really use it before he got his permanent job and let his license expire.

You’re welcome

It takes at least 150 hours study to get a license, so it's no small undertaking for a woman who is already in a full time job and supporting her family.

It doesn't suprise me at all that Josh dropped his grand plan before Susan actually required the license, but she had it anyway. I think she's have been good as a realtor, since people skills feature prominently in the useful abilities for a Realtor.

http://heartsknitforsusan.wordpress.com/

Interesting to learn from this blog entry that Susan was a licensed real estate broker. She took the exams at Josh's urging.

It takes at least 150 hours study to get a license, so it's no small undertaking for a woman who is already in a full time job and supporting her family.

It doesn't suprise me at all that Josh dropped his grand plan before Susan actually required the license, but she had it anyway. I think she's have been good as a realtor, since people skills feature prominently in the useful abilities for a Realtor.

Kiirsi // April 7, 2010 at 7:39 am | Reply

I had forgotten about the realtor thing because it wasn’t a big deal in her life…Josh insisted that she get a real estate license so she could also show clients houses if he was busy. So she studied and got it, but didn’t really use it before he got his permanent job and let his license expire.

Josh didn't let his brokers or real estate licenses expire, it was Susan

joshpowellrealestatelicense1.jpg

joshpowellrealestatelicense2.jpg

susanpowellrealestatelicenseexpired.jpg

Interesting. It expired only a week before she went "missing." I'll bet Josh saw no reason to spend the dough to renew when he was sure she wasn't going to be needing it in the near future....

Interesting. It expired only a week before she went "missing." I'll bet Josh saw no reason to spend the dough to renew when he was sure she wasn't going to be needing it in the near future....

That's possible - they may have decided she had a good thing going at her current place of employment and that it wasn't worthwhile to keep her license up. Could of been her decision to just let it go. May be a coincidence about the timing.

I'm a little confused or lacking in RE knowledge.., but why was her original issue date in 2005 and his in 2008?

Is the reason one is a broker and the other an agent?

That's an odd coincidence. Bear in mind this is Susan's best friend Kiirsi saying Josh let his license expire.

AFAIK you have to act as an agent for some time, possibly three years, before you can take the exam to become a broker, and then a further period before you can become a principal broker, so that you have a few years experience in the industry.

The time period for qualification may vary from state to state.

I'm a little confused or lacking in RE knowledge.., but why was her original issue date in 2005 and his in 2008?

Is the reason one is a broker and the other an agent?

They are two different things. A real estate agent needs a broker to complete/finalize the sale.

They are two different things. A real estate agent needs a broker to complete/finalize the sale.

Yes, I'm familar with that, but I'm questioning about the date of issue and then the expiration date. Did Josh have to renew every year, where Susan (agent) wouldn't have to renew for 3,5, etc? Hope I'm explaining this ok.

Yes, I'm familar with that, but I'm questioning about the date of issue and then the expiration date. Did Josh have to renew every year, where Susan (agent) wouldn't have to renew for 3,5, etc? Hope I'm explaining this ok.

How do I renew my license?

Licenses are valid for a two-year period and must be renewed no sooner than six weeks prior to and no later than the expiration date.

SOURCE: http://realestate.utah.gov/realestate/real_licensing.html

SERVICE FOR SUSAN

By Kirsii Hellewell

A 4-Month Anniversary & Susan’s Own Words: Part 2

DATE of blog entry: April 6, 2010

Spotlight: Susan Powell
Susan is the third of four girls and was raised in western Washington state. She and Josh got married in 2001 and moved to Utah in 2004. She has two sons, Charlie and Braden.

Her favorite foods are Greek and Italian. Popcorn and spaghetti are like chocolate to her. Her food philosophy is “Cheese, peanut butter, ranch dressing or A-1 sauce makes anything taste good.”

Her favorites are: color = forest green, lavender/lilac purple; songs = “I Don’t Understand,” “Which Part is Mine” and “Celebrating the Light” by Michael McLean; books = anything murder/mystery, especially Mary Higgins Clark; movies = Enchanted, Get Smart, and most Disney movies.

Her hobbies are: crocheting, doing yard work, cleaning, doing hair, American Sign Language, yoga and pilates.

Her favorite places to go are Washington state to see her family and to be outside hiking and camping. She would love to go to Hawaii with her husband.

She is a licensed series 7 and 63 stockbroker, real estate agent and cosmetologist. She highly believes in saving money by growing a garden and becoming more self-sufficient with your food storage.

CONTINUED AT SOURCE: http://heartsknitforsusan.wordpress.com/

SERVICE FOR SUSAN

By Kirsii Hellewell

A 4-Month Anniversary & Susan’s Own Words: Part 2

DATE of blog entry: April 6, 2010

Spotlight: Susan Powell
Susan is the third of four girls and was raised in western Washington state. She and Josh got married in 2001 and moved to Utah in 2004. She has two sons, Charlie and Braden.

Her favorite foods are Greek and Italian. Popcorn and spaghetti are like chocolate to her. Her food philosophy is “Cheese, peanut butter, ranch dressing or A-1 sauce makes anything taste good.”

Her favorites are: color = forest green, lavender/lilac purple; songs = “I Don’t Understand,” “Which Part is Mine” and “Celebrating the Light” by Michael McLean; books = anything murder/mystery, especially Mary Higgins Clark; movies = Enchanted, Get Smart, and most Disney movies.

Her hobbies are: crocheting, doing yard work, cleaning, doing hair, American Sign Language, yoga and pilates.

Her favorite places to go are Washington state to see her family and to be outside hiking and camping. She would love to go to Hawaii with her husband.

She is a licensed series 7 and 63 stockbroker, real estate agent and cosmetologist. She highly believes in saving money by growing a garden and becoming more self-sufficient with your food storage.

CONTINUED AT SOURCE: http://heartsknitforsusan.wordpress.com/

Friends knew Susan loved gardening, but now say she was forced to grow vegetables to compensate for what she was not allowed to buy.

CONTINUED AT SOURCE: http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-susan-powell-family-news-conference-website,0,6670292.story

TRUTHSTICK
Friday, April 9, 2010
Susan Powell

"I have a friend who was on the board of directors of a land fill here in the Salt Lake Valley for a while. And he would go to conferences around the country to learn more about the business. He said that in most of the country, where they don't pay attention, all you need to get rid of a body is a roll of carpet, and a pickup truck."

Read this scene. If Susan was a fan of these books, she probably had some lying around the house. Did anyone else read them?

http://www.fictionwise.com/servlet/mw?t=book&bookid=4902&id=58370

No, but I've been waiting for someone to comment on this thread in hopes people would notice what I did. Since nobody did, I'm going to have to bring this up.

The following was filled out on a slip and given to some ladies at the LDS church who published this in a newsletter or church publication:

"Susan is the third of four girls and was raised in western Washington state. She and Josh got married in 2001 and moved to Utah in 2004. She has two sons....

She is a licensed series 7 and 63 stockbroker, real estate agent and cosmetologist. She highly believes in saving money by growing a garden and becoming more self-sufficient with your food storage."

Who do you think filled out that form? It sure sounds like JOSH wrote it!
In my opinion, the writing style is the same as on the http://susanpowell.org site!​

Read this scene. If Susan was a fan of these books, she probably had some lying around the house. Did anyone else read them?

http://www.fictionwise.com/servlet/mw?t=book&bookid=4902&id=58370

The description of the book is rather chilling, considering that Susan is missing and was probably murdered:

Neeve Kearny may be the only person in New York worried about the disappearance of Ethel Lambston. Ethel, a bestselling author famous for her juicy exposes, is one of the best customers at Neeve's exclusive Madison Avenue boutique. But Ethel's ex-husband, her parasitical nephew, and the fashion moguls skewered in her latest article all have reason to be glad she's no longer around... When Ethel Lambston is found with her throat cut, Neeve's memories of her mother's long unsolved murder loom up once again. Now as an innocent witness in the Lambston investigation, Neeve is drawn into a new nightmare... a sinister labyrinth of greed and ambition that will lead her into mortal danger... A stunning tale of murder, glamour and romance, While My Pretty One Sleeps is the most exciting novel yet from Mary Higgins Clark, America's undisputed master of suspense.

No, but I've been waiting for someone to comment on this thread in hopes people would notice what I did. Since nobody did, I'm going to have to bring this up.

The following was filled out on a slip and given to some ladies at the LDS church who published this in a newsletter or church publication:

"Susan is the third of four girls and was raised in western Washington state. She and Josh got married in 2001 and moved to Utah in 2004. She has two sons....

She is a licensed series 7 and 63 stockbroker, real estate agent and cosmetologist. She highly believes in saving money by growing a garden and becoming more self-sufficient with your food storage."

Who do you think filled out that form? It sure sounds like JOSH wrote it!
In my opinion, the writing style is the same as on the http://susanpowell.org site!​

Yes. And who writes about themselves in the 3rd person, saying "susan" instead of "I"?

About the book excerpt, what struck me is that he buries her in a cave in a wooded area. After wrapping her in plastic and cleaning up the crime scene. At night, in a snowstorm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back