Status
Not open for further replies.

YaYa_521

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
18 Jun 2022
SBBM
Four inmates escaped...
...from the Federal Correctional Complex Petersburg’s satellite camp in Hopewell, Virginia, around 1:45 a.m.
...from left, Corey Branch, Tavares Lajuane Graham, Lamonte Rashawn Willis and Kareem Allen Shaw
1200x0.jpg

Branch, 41, - possession with intent to distribute fentanyl and felon in possession of a firearm
Graham, 44, - possession with intent to distribute 500 grams or more of cocaine and 28 grams or more of cocaine base, and possession of a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime
Willis, 30, - possessing and concealing a stolen firearm and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon
Shaw, 46, - conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute a measurable quantity of heroin

Anyone with information about the four men is encouraged to call the United States Marshals Service at (804) 545-8501.

4 federal inmates escape from minimum security Virginia prison

Officials: 4 escape from Virginia prison satellite camp

Authorities searching for 4 men who escaped from Virginia prison satellite camp

Officials: 4 Escape From Virginia Prison Satellite Camp

4 inmates escape from Virginia federal prison camp

Close to I-95 and 295 in Virginia. If they had a vehicle, they could be out of the area pretty quickly. https://www.google.com/maps/search/Federal+Correctional+Complex+Petersburg’s+satellite+camp+in+Hopewell,+Virginia,+/@37.2994604,-77.366076,9926m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en-us

I-95 will take them anywhere in a hurry if they have wheels, as @ClaireNC says above. One of the busiest drug corridors in the US.
BOLO, folks who are close to that interstate.
Wondering how they got away -- just curious...

I-95 will take them anywhere in a hurry if they have wheels, as @ClaireNC says above. One of the busiest drug corridors in the US.
BOLO, folks who are close to that interstate.
Wondering how they got away -- just curious...
I highly suspect this was likely a well-planned escape aided by people on the outside. I won't be surprised if they had help from people on the inside, too. :rolleyes:

How does this keep happening? I hope they are found quickly.
What's interesting to me is that they were in a minimum security camp for drug related crimes. This leads me to believe that their sentences might not have been terribly long. I would think they would just do their time and move on. Now I imagine they will be facing more serious charges and have much longer sentences.
I stand corrected.
Branch, 41, was serving a 160-month sentence for possession with intent to distribute fentanyl and felon in possession of a firearm. Graham, 44, was serving a 120-month sentence for possession with intent to distribute 500 grams or more of cocaine and 28 grams or more of cocaine base, and possession of a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime, the agency said.
Willis, 30, was serving a 216-month sentence for possessing and concealing a stolen firearm and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. Shaw, 46, was serving a 194-month sentence for conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute a measurable quantity of heroin, the BOP said in the news release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news!

1 of 4 who escaped federal prison satellite camp surrenders
SBM

One of four inmates who escaped from a federal prison's satellite camp in Virginia over the weekend has turned himself in, ... [snip] ...Tavaraes Lajuane Graham showed up at the satellite camp of the Federal Correctional Complex Petersburg in Hopewell, Virginia, early Sunday,...

Snip

The U.S. Marshals Service is offering a reward of up to $2,000 per escapee for information leading to their capture,

Inmate turns himself in after escaping federal prison in Hopewell, 3 inmates still on the run

SBBM

Tavares Lajuane Graham
AAYFGno.img

“I don’t believe the community is at risk,” Connolly said.
...it is believed the escapees left the facility sometime after 9:30 p.m. This was when the last impromptu head count was taken before the inmates were discovered missing at 1:45 a.m.

One escaped Virginia inmate is back in custody, three are not

SBBM

While officials don't believe the men to be a violent threat, police in the area do suggest people who live near the facility be aware of their surroundings. "They're somewhere within our region. So protect yourselves and keep your properties secure," Petersburg Police Chief Travis Christian said. "If you see people lurking around in your neighborhoods that you're not used to seeing, you need to contact the police so that we can come out and least check the individuals out.”

2 more inmates who escaped from prison satellite camp in Prince George surrender

21 Jun 2022
SBM

Corey Branch, 41, and Kareem Shaw, 46, turned themselves in without incident just after midnight Tuesday, ... [snip] That leaves Lamonte Rashawn Willis, 30, of Suffolk, who Connolly said remains on the run.

2 more inmates surrender; 1 still missing from Prince George prison
SBBM

A reward of up to $2,000 is offered to anyone with information that leads to the arrest of Lamonte Willis.

Anyone with information about these men should contact the United States Marshals Service at 804-545-8501.

One of 4 escapees from Prince George federal prison still on the run; others surrendered

AAYIfhQ.img

Lamonte Rashawn Willis, 30, of Suffolk, is the only one of the four who escaped June 18 to still be at-large.

Great news, finally! But I'm curious...what kind of social activities do federal inmates have the privilege of attending while in a minimum security prison? :confused: o_O

Last of four escapees from Prince George federal prison is back in custody: Officials

SBM
Lamonte Rashawn Willis, 30, of Suffolk, turned himself back in at the prison on River Road around noon Wednesday, ...

[snip]

Because they were trustees, all four men were allowed access to life beyond the complex's walls with limited supervision. An official with the U.S. Marshals Service office in Richmond said the four were apparently out socially Friday night and chose not to return in time for the head count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member