DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChatteringBirds

Reaction score
This tragedy seems to be breaking news:

Police said they responded to King Road for a report of an unconscious person. When officers arrived, they “discovered four individuals who were deceased...”

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8
Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16
Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24
Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28
Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32
Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40
Thread #41 Thread #42
Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48
Thread #49
Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56
Thread #57
Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread#62 Thread #63 Thread #64
Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70 Thread #71 Thread #72

Media Thread/No Discussion

Probable Cause Affidavit

Press photo album (compilation courtesy of WS member cujenn81)

Moscow ID Police Department Facebook page

City of Moscow re King Road Homicide

Detectives are looking to develop context for the events and people involved in the four murders at 1122 King Rd in Moscow, Idaho. Anyone who observed notable behavior, has video surveillance, or can provide relevant information about these murders:

Last edited by a moderator:
The following Johnny Law youtube was originally posted by Mayboy1998 earlier today but because it was not a podcast host we were familiar with and we did not have time to view it in its entirety, it was removed. Having now had time to view it, it is being approved on a one-time basis because it does seem to provide an excellent analysis of the layout of the house, where individuals may have been sleeping, and it speaks to the location of the red liquid in relation to the overall layout of the house.

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random

To any members who have complained about removal of their off topic posts and TOs issued for derailing the discussion.

There is a very good reason Off Topic posts are a violation of Websleuths TOS.

First of all, the threads are not personal chat or comedy rooms. Off topic posts derail the thread, making the thread all about you and what you want to talk about. Each day, hundreds of members and thousands of guests come to Websleuths to read about the topic the thread is dedicated to, not to read about you or your life or what you think is funny. It is disrespectful to the victims who these threads are dedicated to.

The one thread you post off topic in is not the only active thread that Mods and Admins deal with every day. WS has thousands of threads, 212,000+ members, and only 4 staff to deal with hundreds of active threads 24/7 .

Simple math ... if there are 200 members currently online and even 5% of those members feel it is okay to sneak in that innocuous little off topic post, and each of those 10 posts receives 10 responses and those responses receive even 2 responses each, that is 200 off topic posts alone that our volunteer Moderators would have to search for and remove in a day (in addition to all the other TOS violations they have to deal with).

This means that for your little post that you think is harmless, our staff have to go through pages and pages of posts to find all the responses to your OT post.

Please be courteous to other members, the families and guests reading here, and to our volunteer staff who work very hard in trying to keep the discussions respectful and on topic.

Thank you.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT CHRIS MCDONOUGH AND THE INTERVIEW ROOM

Nothing that Chris M says is allowed on this forum unless it is backed up by law enforcement.

Chris has personally lied to me. He accused an innocent man of being Brian Laundry. He lied about being removed from the Crow lawsuit. He was removed but then put back in the lawsuit and lost. Chris told me he was removed from the lawsuit and was not sued. He never told me he was added back into the lawsuit and lost. Chris was sued for getting a false confession in the murder of Stephanie Crow.
I could go on but suffice it to say anything he says is not allowed. Even if it is in mainstream media.

Again only if what he said is backed up by an actual law enforcement source.

Here is the documentation on the Crow lawsuit
The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Ruling from 2010 which overrules Dougie's decision from 2004.

Retired judge slams Crowe case

"A federal trial judge in San Diego dismissed the bulk of the civil rights suit in 2004. But six years later, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals revived the lawsuit, finding that Escondido police violated the civil rights of Crowe and his friends during “hours of grueling, psychologically abusive interrogations.”

The above links come from a great YouTube creator called Scientific Skeptic. If you go to this video there are more links describing the interrogation tools used by Chris and others in the Crow case,

Because Chris mistakenly named the wrong man on my YouTube channel and never told me to take down the false information I made this apology video when I discovered what happened,
Here is the apology video I had to make because of what Chris said on my Livestream.

The glove that Chris found was not there on the day of the Moscow Idaho murders

The MOB Crew has a great video showing the ground the day of the killing where the glove was found later in the month. On that day the glove was not there. Go to @2:35 of this video

I am not suggesting Chris did not legitimately find the glove. Just showing you it has nothing to do with the case. I will be shocked if Chris updates the story about the glove.

For those of you who know me this is an extremely unusual step for me to take. This is how strongly I feel. I was lied to but more importantly, because of Chris' actions, people's lives were threatened in the Summer Wells case.

Please do not discuss this post on this thread. If you have any questions please email me at websleuthsvideos@gmail.com

Tricia

The thread will reopen in about an hour to give members time to read the following and "Like" the post to indicate you have read and understood.

The following is not allowed:

Sleuthing or encouraging sleuthing individuals who are not officially named POIs and are not suspects at this time

Generalized bashing of or attempts to discredit LE or make insinuations/accusations about them when members have no knowledge of what LE has or has not done, what they know or do not know

Insinuations about a potential attempt at cover-up by the U of I is not based on any known fact, is wild speculation and is off limits

Members can not bring “comments” by the general public into this discussion. They are considered rumor and your post will be removed and member may face a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

NO LINK, NO POST !! Even screenshots require a link.

“Opinion articles” are not allowed. Members are encouraged to form their own opinions based on what we know via MSM or LE, scholarly or other approved sources, not based on opinions of thousands of others throughout the WWW.

Hyper-focusing or nit-picking and bickering about things that don’t matter .. i.e. if someone uses a word that you think should have been another word. Scroll and roll and roll your eyes in the privacy of your home .. no need for everything that goes through your head to end up on your keyboard.

New members MUST read The Rules of this site that they agreed to upon registering at Websleuths. Ignorance of our law is no excuse ;)

Once again, a reminder to "Like" this post to indicate you have read and understood the above.

Thanks everyone.

Sillybilly
WS Administrator

Just a friendly reminder,

If you are going to post a photo and/or screenshot, an approved source link MUST BE INCLUDED! Otherwise, it and any responses to it will be removed.

This is the appropriate way of including a source link: Live

This is not the appropriate way of including a source link:
A86A8D26-96C6-46A2-A0A6-ACE14EA7A38E.jpeg

Thanks!

Mad

[IMG alt="NyxNY"]https://www.websleuths.com/forums/data/avatars/m/306/306518.jpg?1673816282[/IMG]

NyxNY

Post from previous thread asking me:​

"Serious question. How do you suppose they (inmates) are getting email without an internet connection?"

Technically there is an internet connection to email but no web browsing interface to access. Thus, interaction on the internet - world wide web - is cut off.

You can block the internet on 2 different levels. You can do it on the machines themselves or you can do it through computer network protocols that block anything outside of the inmate's emails.

Computers can be free standing or built right into the walls - just a screen in the wall - like a bank teller machine.

Last edited:
Since DailyMail used Xana's Step Sisters Reddit comment as a direct source, NewsNation has been breaking stories that line up almost verbatim with other comments shared on Reddit following the murders. Some from the very same post that Xana's sister in law posted in.

We are up to 3 stories now.

I really hope that NewsNation isn't just trolling old anonymous comments from the week of the murders and citing them as anonymous sources without direct attribution to said source.

It could all be jut a coincidence...but I'm starting to doubt it.

I keep seeing a lot of speculation about what the 'forensic downloads' of DM and BF's phones referred to in the PCA that helped police tether the time of the murders here:
The combination of D.M.'s statements to law enforrm€nt, reviews of forensic doumloads ofrecords ftom B.F. and D.M.'s phone, and video ofa suspect video as described below leads investigators to believe the homicides occurred between 4:00 a.m. and 4:25 am

And IMO it's DM's and BFs text messages. Likely to each other and unresponsive roommates about the sounds they were hearing and what was going on in the house. Which I'd say is a pretty solid way to lock down the time that theses crimes were committed.

MOO.

Since DailyMail used Xana's Step Sisters Reddit comment as a direct source, NewsNation has been breaking stories that line up almost verbatim with other comments shared on Reddit following the murders. Some from the very same post that Xana's sister in law posted in.

We are up to 3 stories now.

I really hope that NewsNation isn't just trolling old anonymous comments from the week of the murders and citing them as anonymous sources without direct attribution to said source.

It could all be jut a coincidence...but I'm starting to doubt it.
Maybe they started with Reddit and then reached out to those people directly?

I keep seeing a lot of speculation about what the 'forensic downloads' of DM and BF's phones referred to in the PCA that helped police tether the time of the murders here:

And IMO it's DM's and BFs text messages. Likely to each other and unresponsive roommates about the sounds they were hearing and what was going on in the house. Which I'd say is a pretty solid way to lock down the time that theses crimes were committed.

MOO.
Or maybe BF was asleep and didn't respond to DM's messages but LE can confirm the time the messages were received from DM on BF's cell phone.

On the last thread, concerns were raised about AT's contract with Latah County, under which she receives $200/hr. This is a common rate charged to public agencies for attorneys, such as assistant attorneys general.

Although the articles below are somewhat dated, they are illuminating on this topic.

In 2020, a writer for Idaho Education News expressed concern over the $400/hour rate contracted by the Superintendent for Public Instruction for litigation counsel, when she sued to prevent drastic cuts to the education budget from affecting Idaho's students. This was more than double the rate for the attorneys arguing the other side of the case. A former justice of the Idaho Supreme Court defended the rate in a subsequent letter to the editor:

"...Please allow me to put this in some perspective. I write as a lawyer with approximately 61 years of experience, seven of which were as a Justice of the Idaho Supreme Court. I have been in solo practice, as well as a partner in law firms ranging from two to forty attorneys...Attorneys in Boise with David Leroy’s expertise and experience command fees at $450 or more per hour...."

Makes AT seem a piker...IMO

Anne Taylor is the Chief Public Defender in charge of the office of the public defender in Kootenai County. So I assume that she is a public/county government employee.
I believe she is a public employee of Kootenai County. Latah County contracted with Kootenai for her services in the BK case and is paying Kootenai (not AT) $200/hour. AT receives no additional compensation from either county as I understand it.

Thanks for this. So much for all the talking head blather about a conflict of interest.
Reply by @Cassady:

"Do these articles link the actual agreement? Does the agreement have a conflicts clause in it? A waiver of potential conflict clause? Is there an exhibit, amendment or addendum specifically showing the defendant has waived any potential conflicts? I have not seen a link in the articles I read to the actual document.

IMO if the agreement does not specifically address potential COI issues, especially related to the defendant's waiver, then it does not speak to potential COI issues....IMO. There may be other documents that speak to the COI issue.

If the case proceeds to trial with current counsel and the defendant is convicted, there better be some sort of documentation about the defendant waiving any potential COI issues related to counsel's former representations of victims' parents. If not, this will become an issue on appeal...IMO.

This fee agreement does seem to cover the attorneys' and support staffs' billable hours and other related costs. Attorneys from Boise may have charged a slightly higher billable rate than the attorneys from Cd'A....IMO.

I am not sure how actual attorneys providing analysis on a glaring potential COI is "blather"? It is a tricky question. The only arguments made by the few attorneys I have heard or read against there being a potential COI in this case almost always seem to be based on "judicial economy" and not on the rules of professional responsibility. Most attorneys who have commented on this issue in this case tend to think there is at least a potential COI and/or and an actual COI...IMO."

With due respect, IMO attorneys who are acting as news analysts are not acting as "actual attorneys." They are nothing more than pundits, and to me their motives are suspect. They have no more weight than any other talking head. And I'm pretty sure no actual attorney who is providing actual legal services to actual clients in this case is inclined to defer to anonymous social media posters.

NO ONE has described an actual conflict of interest that affects AT's representation of BK. There's an obvious reason for this: if an actual COI exists, the underlying facts are shielded from public view by attorney client privilege.

If there were a waivable conflict of interest, both CK and BK would have to sign fully informed waivers to resolve it per the professional responsibility rules, and the last we heard from CK she adamantly refused. So waiver does not seem to be an option.

A potential conflict of interest has been more than adequately called to the attention of the Latah County Commissioners, and their staff has a responsibility to assure that AT can carry out the terms of the representation agreement.

I think the silence of the media speaks volumes. COI is not a real issue in this case at this point. All MOO.

Reply by @Cassady:

"Do these articles link the actual agreement? Does the agreement have a conflicts clause in it? A waiver of potential conflict clause? Is there an exhibit, amendment or addendum specifically showing the defendant has waived any potential conflicts? I have not seen a link in the articles I read to the actual document.

IMO if the agreement does not specifically address potential COI issues, especially related to the defendant's waiver, then it does not speak to potential COI issues....IMO. There may be other documents that speak to the COI issue.

If the case proceeds to trial with current counsel and the defendant is convicted, there better be some sort of documentation about the defendant waiving any potential COI issues related to counsel's former representations of victims' parents. If not, this will become an issue on appeal...IMO.

This fee agreement does seem to cover the attorneys' and support staffs' billable hours and other related costs. Attorneys from Boise may have charged a slightly higher billable rate than the attorneys from Cd'A....IMO.

I am not sure how actual attorneys providing analysis on a glaring potential COI is "blather"? It is a tricky question. The only arguments made by the few attorneys I have heard or read against there being a potential COI in this case almost always seem to be based on "judicial economy" and not on the rules of professional responsibility. Most attorneys who have commented on this issue in this case tend to think there is at least a potential COI and/or and an actual COI...IMO."

With due respect, IMO attorneys who are acting as news analysts are not acting as "actual attorneys." They are nothing more than pundits, and to me their motives are suspect. They have no more weight than any other talking head. And I'm pretty sure no actual attorney who is providing actual legal services to actual clients in this case is inclined to defer to anonymous social media posters.

NO ONE has described an actual conflict of interest that affects AT's representation of BK. There's an obvious reason for this: if an actual COI exists, the underlying facts are shielded from public view by attorney client privilege.

If there were a waivable conflict of interest, both CK and BK would have to sign fully informed waivers to resolve it per the professional responsibility rules, and the last we heard from CK she adamantly refused. So waiver does not seem to be an option.

A potential conflict of interest has been more than adequately called to the attention of the Latah County Commissioners, and their staff has a responsibility to assure that AT can carry out the terms of the representation agreement.

I think the silence of the media speaks volumes. COI is not a real issue in this case at this point. All MOO.
RBBM
Respectfully, what we don't know due to attorney client privilege does not negate this issue.

I'm sticking with @Cassady on this one.

Whether it is a real issue is TBD. Silence from those involved because of "privilege" does not leave the media much room for gathering what might be pertinent information the public has a right to know.

It would be great to hear some more balanced viewpoints on this issue. It's not settled. Silence does not clothe the involved parties with impunity.

MOO

I believe she is a public employee of Kootenai County. Latah County contracted with Kootenai for her services in the BK case and is paying Kootenai (not AT) $200/hour. AT receives no additional compensation from either county as I understand it.
I read on CLIO that Idaho attorney hourly rates are estimated as 180-400 depending on what for. SO the PD is paid very low side even in a capital defense case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14