Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

2/13/23

According to a new report from The New York Times, Kohberger, 28, was terminated from his position as a teaching assistant at Washington State University (WSU) after school officials were informed about his behavior toward some female students.

Citing anonymous individuals with knowledge of the situation, the Times reported that one female student accused Kohberger of following her while other female students said that the 28-year-old Ph.D. student made them feel uncomfortable. However, the newspaper reported that the investigation into his behavior toward women did not uncover any wrongdoing.

The jail has a maximum holding capacity of 42 individuals. Why would they even ask that? It's public record. Detention

There's eleven people listed on the site.

Who is asking what?

Thanks for these links. Good photos.

Last edited by a moderator:
No. This is the latest information out regarding BK and women and it isn't specific, in fact, it is very vague:

2/13/23

According to a new report from The New York Times, Kohberger, 28, was terminated from his position as a teaching assistant at Washington State University (WSU) after school officials were informed about his behavior toward some female students.

Citing anonymous individuals with knowledge of the situation, the Times reported that one female student accused Kohberger of following her while other female students said that the 28-year-old Ph.D. student made them feel uncomfortable. However, the newspaper reported that the investigation into his behavior toward women did not uncover any wrongdoing.

Who is asking what?

Thanks for these links. Good photos.

Someone called the jail and asked about capacity and cell towers. FCC Registered ones are also public. Grabbing at any comment I guess. They didn't answer citing the gag order.

I think CC is just saying that the content of the messages was innocuous, not the fact that he apparently kept sending them, which would be the harassment. IMO

Thank you!

This is exactly what I was saying which should be obvious.

Persistent, unwanted messages from a stranger could feel threatening, which is the opposite of innocuous.

IMO, we have no "proof" of any motive. We have theories, speculation, hypotheses, conjecture, but no "proof."

The only "proof" IMO that we will ever have for motive is if BK breaks down and tells us why. And even then he may be lying.

Jmo

I wonder why they would call the jail for cell tower information?

And the gag order doesn't apply to the general public, just court officials and family members and LE.
They may have called someone else too. I just read they'd asked about the jail capacity and number of cell towers. I should have brought the original post over. I linked it below;

From linked post: Palermo, a former University of Idaho student who is one of the reporters covering the story, said one of her colleagues was trying to get information from law enforcement about how many prison cells were in the Latah County prison where Kohberger is being held, however, they did not answer her question.

“They wouldn’t even answer that and that seems that the gag order wouldn’t apply to something like that.

I believe she is a public employee of Kootenai County. Latah County contracted with Kootenai for her services in the BK case and is paying Kootenai (not AT) $200/hour. AT receives no additional compensation from either county as I understand it.

She is a government county employee.

On Banfield they are reporting on her clearance from the judge regarding conflict of interest. The judge has no issue with it.

Great debate points by Mark Geragos, who also pointed out waivers may have been signed by the involved parents & step-parents as well as BK without the prosecution being informed.

At least that's what I thought he said.

If no waivers are in place, MG said a potential appeal issue still exists.

I was happy to hear MG slam the gag order, which I find a regressive court practice.

JMO

Nov 15 2022 Not seeing a bloody trail.
1676609760209.png

Yesterday, the Mayor of Moscow, Art Bettge, said in an interview reported by the New York Times: “The overall assessment is that it’s a crime of passion."

But Ethan Chapin’s mother, Stacey Chapin, refuted the claim in an interview with the Idaho Statesman this morning.

She said: “They were stabbed. We got the call.

“I don’t want people to make assumptions about our kids. It wasn’t drugs and it was definitely not some passion thing between these kids. Someone entered the house.”

View attachment 403407

Yesterday, the Mayor of Moscow, Art Bettge, said in an interview reported by the New York Times: “The overall assessment is that it’s a crime of passion."

But Ethan Chapin’s mother, Stacey Chapin, refuted the claim in an interview with the Idaho Statesman this morning.

“I don’t want people to make assumptions about our kids. It wasn’t drugs and it was definitely not some passion thing between these kids. Someone entered the house.”

The video that came up was from those first few days. Was there a different video you thought was worth seeing?

View attachment 403407

What of current interest did you see in the video?

Is the lack of a bloody trail on the patio indicative of something suspicious in your view?

I guess the perp could have taken a few seconds to remove his shoes. Maybe he left a duffle bag by the door just for that purpose, who knows?

Is the lack of a bloody trail on the patio indicative of something suspicious in your view?

I guess the perp could have taken a few seconds to remove his shoes. Maybe he left a duffle bag by the door just for that purpose, who knows?
Or just wiped his shoes on a carpet before his exit. JMO

Watched this great forensic vid on shoe prints that someone posted about mid way through last thread. Latent prints are often lifted from crime scenes with or without blood. I think we know from PCA that killer didn't wear shoe covers that stopped his prints from being left. The one print we know of revealed blood IMO. I am confident a number of prints belonging to the killer were lifted from inside the house, even if they are not usable in trial because Vans are not located. MOO

"There's somebody here." K to M... X to E.

I think it's entirely possible that, as X was moving about the house, she narrowly missed BK in his stealth mission to the 3rd floor. Would footfalls be enough?

Slider door open.

Sounds not yet reported by the surviving roommates.

Did BK wash his hands? Did X or E flush a toilet, turn on a light? Did BK leave shoes by the door, a backpack, something that wasn't there moments ago when she'd passed by there?

It really is stuff of nightmares, the things that go bump in the night and we quietly talk ourselves into trusting that there's no one there.

Except there is.

JMO

Watched this great forensic vid on shoe prints that someone posted about mid way through last thread. Latent prints are often lifted from crime scenes with or without blood. I think we know from PCA that killer didn't wear shoe covers that stopped his prints from being left. The one print we know of revealed blood IMO. I am confident a number of prints belonging to the killer were lifted from inside the house, even if they are not usable in trial because Vans are not located. MOO
Why would they be not usable at trial? They still show a shoe size, even if they can't find the shoes. They nailed Richard Ramirez even though he'd ditched his shoes. Finding the exact shoes is nice, with blood still on them, for preference, but it's not the end of the world if they don't. If the prints match BK's shoe size, it's still evidence that puts him in the frame. If his feet were significantly bigger or smaller, it would STILL be important evidence, but of far more use to the defense.

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. We don't need the shoes. We don't need the knife. They're still going to nail this guy.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member