4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding how many BK "intended" to kill. While he may have focused his obsession on one young woman (I'm not convinced yet), he knew the house was home to multiple people with potential overnight guests.

I believe he wanted to kill as many people as possible that night. You can't enter a home that houses multiple college students thinking, "I'll just rape one and leave." Easy enough to find that kind of victim if that's what he wanted. And very difficult to accomplish in a house like this even in the cover of sleep & darkness.

I think body count was important to him. He might have been surprised by Ethan, but even then BK was prepared to a degree that poor E never had a chance.

JMO

I personally don't agree with this theory but it's JMO

One point in argument that I'd make is he didn't 'just want to rape one', he wanted to do something very specific to one very specific person and he had a plan IMO. It's entirely possible that what he intended to do had nothing to do with leaving anybody dead and it's possible that the thing he had in mind came from a psychotic drive and makes no sense to anybody.

If he wanted to go down in history as a mass murderer who was hard to trace, with his intelligence (people are saying he's stupid we all know he absolutely isn't), he would have bought a gun for sniping and taken down the entire college campus and still been able to flee.

I'm not trying to make excuses for this bloke but I truly suspect what he set out to do and what he actually did are two very different things. We may find out as he may talk or his medics may submit reports that bring light. JMO MOO

don't people wind up dialing 911 about a break in and when they give the address, the operator says: "no, no, that's just the FBI conducting a no-knock raid on your house; sit tight... what's your name again? Oh, you're not the target, no worries."

Yeah you ring the police and say 'two blokes just tried to grab me in the street whilst I was walking home' and they say 'just do what they tell you...'. Then you KNOW. If you know you know.

I think it would be next to impossible to climb up to the 3rd floor deck. It looks to me like the deck floor extends out over the support posts. You would have to climb up, reach backwards, and basically hang there and somehow pull yourself up on those slats (a few feet) to grab the top railing. Shimmying is hard.

The more I think about the house layout, the more I think the occupant/s of the 2nd floor bedroom were part of the original plan. He could have came down from the 3rd floor and immediately exited. Voices or no, Xana nor Ethan could have visually spotted him unless one or the other was completely out of the bedroom and past the bathroom. Of course, there's the good possibility Xana was out in the open due to that JIB delivery. At any rate, he could have bypassed them completely and never would have been spotted from a partially obscured frontal view by DM.

All JMO

Why would BK expect K to be at home on the upper floor? She hadn't lived in the house all semester, IIRC. And BK didn't live in the area before that term.

The idea that KG was the only intended target seems to be based on remarks her father made shortly after the murders. But there are other explanations as to why her wounds were more severe, if that was the basis for his remarks.

ETA It occurs to me the same reasoning applies to Murphy. BK had no reason to expect the dog would be present on the upper floor.

I am surprised the "upper floor entry" theory has so much traction here, as it is by far and away the most difficult way to get into the house. As has been discussed at length, sliders are notoriously easy to open, even when locked. The kitchen slilder was at ground level and required no climbing.

I agree. I was just entertaining the idea. My preferred idea is that M was the target and it's entirely possible BK had no idea K was in the building or even in town (aside from possibly they had crossed paths earlier in the evening / unsure / unverified). If he was targeting M, he may have well thought he would have undisturbed control of the entire 3rd floor, that he could render M unconscious or subdue her, lock her door... well you know it's not my place to get into horror movie scenarios. JMO MOO

It's my belief (so JMO) that the night he was dumping trash in a neighbors trash can (likely using a flashlight) was not the same night he was taken into custody and had a flashlight on his person. It makes sense to have a flashlight if you're dumping trash in the middle of the night, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense (to me) to have a flashlight on you when the cops beat down your door in the middle of the night on some random night when you're not hiding trash in your neighbors yard.

It sounds like (to me) that he was fully clothed and had a flashlight on his person in the middle of the night when they took him into custody. Seems odd.

This is how I understand it after consideration. He was taken in dressed in that set of clothes with two pairs of gloves and a flashlight about his person. JMO MOO.

I personally do not believe that when *all* the serious crime agencies raid a person they think has perpetrated quadruple murder in one go, they say 'would you like to put some clothes on please'. If naked they put a paper suit or an aluminium blanket over you and whip you out that house so fast your feet don't touch the ground. They are glad to find you naked. This is because they believe you may be armed, have a weapon nearby, could detonate an incendiary device, have your room booby trapped, or are rigged up with a suicide vest, have about person something to kill oneself with. They don't mess around these people and anyone who thinks they gave him the dignity and space to put clothes on is a very lovely and innocent minded person IMO :)

What's with the gloves though? The other items were on his person so why did he have 2 pairs of gloves on him as well? Wondering if the flashlight and gloves weren't used during BKs dumpster diving and perhaps he had them in his pockets? Just seems weird. JMO FWIW.

Possibility he wore gloves all the time for daily activities as we know he was phobic of cooking pots that had ever touched meat, this would lean towards 'eccentric' phobias that meant he wore gloves in many situations as well as maybe he was doing something nefarious or planning to that night.

Yeah. I don't know why we haven't come up with a more civilized way of getting criminals than by traumatizing anyone within a 3-mile radius. I really feel for anyone else in the home that night. They didn't deserve that.

MOO.
I'm certainly not advocating in favor of traumatizing anyone but LE has three main objectives with a raid: taking the suspect into custody, making sure no innocent people are hurt or taken hostage, and making sure they all go home safely. LE typically doesn't know any of the people in that house, the family dynamics, or if there are any weapons to be worried about. Will the parents attempt to help their son or simply stand aside? Will the target surrender or opt for a shootout? Taking everyone in the residence by surprise minimizes the opportunity for any organized resistance as well as making it less likely that there is any time for the target to take anyone hostage or access weapons. Doing their best to assure everyone's safety is, in many ways, the most humane and civilized thing LE can do. MOOooo

1/4 Transcript of secret court hearing in January between Bryan Kohberger’s public defender Anne Taylor and the judge has been made public. Taylor told the judge she has no conflict representing Kohberger because she has never met Idaho victim Xana Kernodle’s mother.

2/4 Victim Xana Kernodle’s mom CK previously said Taylor represented her on drug charges. But Taylor told the judge she has not met CK or provided her any legal advice.

3/4 Anne Taylor’s name was listed on paperwork involving CK’s case – but Taylor told the judge because she is chief public defender, her name appears on every document in the public defender’s office.

4/4 The judge questioned Kohberger, and he said he feels comfortable with Taylor as his lawyer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Full READABLE list of seized items from Daily Mail:
  • Knife
  • Book with underlining on page 118
  • AT&T bill for Bryan C. Kohberger
  • Glock 22 Gen S. 40 Caliber serial #BMXVSQI
  • Smith & Wesson pocket knife
  • Folder containing vehicle paperwork
  • Acer laptop
  • Green leafy substance in green container
  • Documents
  • Green leafy substance in plastic bag
  • White paper with password
  • Power cable
  • Cell phone
  • Three Glock 40 caliber magazines (empty)
  • Vooks
  • Black face masks
  • Prescription
  • Black gloves
  • 1 black hat 1 black mask
  • Personal identifying documents
  • New Balance shoes
  • Dark colored jacket
  • Dark jackets
  • Dark color shirts
  • Dark color pants
  • Clear plastic glove