4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChatteringBirds

Reaction score
This tragedy seems to be breaking news:

Police said they responded to King Road for a report of an unconscious person. When officers arrived, they “discovered four individuals who were deceased...”

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10
Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19
Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22Thread #23Thread #24 Thread #25Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28
Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread#62 Thread #63Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70 Thread #71 Thread #72 Thread #73 Thread #74 Thread #75 Thread #76 Thread #77 Thread #78 Thread #79 Thread #80 Thread #81

Media Thread/No Discussion

Probable Cause Affidavit

Press photo album (compilation courtesy of WS member cujenn81)

Moscow ID Police Department Facebook page

City of Moscow re King Road Homicide

Media Guide to the Idaho Courts

Detectives are looking to develop context for the events and people involved in the four murders at 1122 King Rd in Moscow, Idaho. Anyone who observed notable behavior, has video surveillance, or can provide relevant information about these murders:

Thread #81

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN REMINDER:

It is okay for members to discuss Visual Snow Syndrome because it was referenced by BK himself in his social media. Also, iirc, a BK family member had referred to him having or possibly having OCD. Those two conditions may be discussed because they are sourced to the accused himself and to his family members.

What members can not discuss are other random mental health conditions beyond those specified above. None of us is in a position to diagnose the mental health of a person we have never met. Introducing various and sundry, potential diagnoses only serves to derail the thread with opinions, debate, unrelated personal anecdotes, etc that may end up not being remotely related to this case.

Thank you.

ADMIN NOTE:

Speculation must be based on some known fact. Posts about a confidential informant are not based on known fact and it is at times being stated as fact.

Many posts have been removed. Please move on from that discussion.

ADMIN REMINDER:

As per TOS, general discussion of the death penalty is one issue that is not allowed. In our experience, it only leads to bickering over personal beliefs. It is a social justice issue that will never be resolved through discussion at Websleuths. Members may discuss it as it relates directly to the potential of it being on the table in this specific case.

Same with politicizing. Political discussion in any fashion is a violation of TOS. IOW, reference to the Dems/Reps, blues/reds, etc has no place in this discussion. Politicizing is one violation that may result in permanent Warning Points being assigned.

Please familiarize yourselves with TOS and post accordingly.

Thanks !!

Pappa Rodger has now been mentioned by MSM (Dateline) so I think we can discuss. I have discussed the FB persona quite a bit. There are more articles than just Dateline, I believe.

The account was deleted after BK was arrested, but fell silent when he was arrested. I believe there were interactions between FB and the Latah County investigators.

Pappa Rodger is, I believe, the right spelling. Again, we don't really know, but the MSM is interested in it - and there was interest from LE in the account, as well.

IMO.
We approved discussion of the Pappa Rodger Reddit account back in January. (I'm not aware of a separate FB account.)

Just for the record going forward, it was specifically stated that the Pappa Rodger Reddit account was removed by Reddit prior to BK's arrest:

from: Bryan Kohberger believed to have joined online discussion groups

An admin of the group later clarified that despite Rodgers' apparent authority in the group, he was never an admin or moderator.

Kristine Cameron, wrote: 'He was on her and argued incessantly with people and said some really creepy stuff and posted similar questions to Bryan's crime questions.

'We removed Pappa Rodgers at 7:10 the evening before Bryan's arrest. He created a group page and had 6 people in it.

'No one has heard from Pappa Rodger since the arrest.'

1684990846755.png

ADMIN NOTE:

For those members who may have forgotten, discussion about the skinned dog is off limits:

ADMIN NOTE

This post lands at random.

Okay folks, bleach was speculation so please move on from that discussion.

As for what unsavory types might read here and get hints about, I'm sure there are a zillion other things they would zero in on. We can't control the universe, and we've never yet heard a perp exclaim "I did it because I read it on Websleuths" ;)

He ordered a KBar and sheath on Amazon 7 months before the murders (that places the order around April 2022) and apparently brought it with him to Washington: Bryan Kohberger bought Ka-Bar knife from Amazon months before murders

Some of us are suspicious that he was aware of MM and KG for much longer than just August of 2022 based on the search warrants that date back into 2021. JMO

Where is this evidence that BK bought a Ka-Bar knife?

All this article says is:

NBC’s Dateline special “The Killings on King Road” reported that the 28-year-old accused killer shopped online for the military-style knife in April 2022.

The report indicates that Mr Kohberger took the knife with him when he moved.

What report?

Ok everyone. Please post all the information you can find to support these 2 assertions:

1.) BK purchased this Ka-Bar knife.

2.) BK took the knife to Washington.

Bunch of BS...so prove me wrong.

It would be BREAKING NEWS if BK bought this knife. Please, link me to all these headlines, they must be here.

Or is it just an Amazon Search Warrant LOOKING for the knife purchase?

Last edited:
Maybe he'd just lost his mind and no longer cared what became of him, as it would appear that his plan was not so much a considered plot by someone intelligent and forensically aware as an 'anti-plan'?

Although he seems to have subsequently tried to evade LE so it would appear he did care, somewhat. Confusing.
<modsnip>

I'd say that all of the serial offenders I've interviewed try to cover up, afterwards, but keep working the same criminal veins they worked before. Antisocial types are characterized by not feeling much - until they are caught then they are self-interested. I'm not talking about formal diagnostics, but about the kinds of traits that both LE and others regard as "antisocial."

I think there was definitely a trigger for this crime. I think BK had been in that neighborhood before, for whatever reasons, and that he was planning crimes as he went along his criminology route. Maybe he thought it was just "thinking and planning, in order to be a better criminologist; to understand the criminal mind."

Perhaps the ejection from his doctoral program meant that he "went to the dark side" with his knowledge about crime. I can definitely picture that. Perhaps, like Elliot Rodger, he had quite a mental map of what crimes he wanted to commit and in what style and what order.

IMO.

NBC’s Dateline special “The Killings on King Road” reported that the 28-year-old accused killer shopped online for the military-style knife in April 2022.

It’s in the Dateline episode/podcast as being reported by one of their sources. If you mean has it appeared in official/unsealed documents, then I guess no. I guess at that point it becomes a question of Dateline’s reputation, but I don’t think I’ve followed a case this contentious while it was being covered by them in real time.

Nearing the end of this episode. Allegedly arrested standing in the kitchen, wearing latex gloves, shoving items into zip lock bags. As one does.

My god, he’s so much dumber than I’ve been saying.
Love your posts.

OMG, And/OR he's so much sicker. His OCD behavior/thoughts became bigger than anything else.

Maybe BK didn't stalk/ target girls because he liked them but because he saw them as his enemy. Then due to his OCD he stalked them every way possible, including social media. He had a type not as an admirer, out of any fondness but as his adversary, because of the loathing he had for this type of girl. He stalked girls that fit those he fantasized about killing. And the thoughts took over.

JMO

So is there anything from the collection of warrants that suggests a reason why his parents were subpoenaed in PA?
No. The PA subpoena would be about crimes specific to Monroe County in PA - felonies. I did provide a link to the list of PA felonies above, and I did a lot of research on the language for the PA Investigatory GJ, but it could be anything, and may not even be related to BK. It could be another crime the parents witnessed. imo

Love your posts.

OMG, And/OR he's so much sicker. His OCD behavior/thoughts became bigger than anything else.

Maybe BK didn't stalk/ target girls because he liked them but because he saw them as his enemy. Then due to his OCD he stalked them every way possible, including social media. He had a type not as an admirer, out of any fondness but as his adversary, because of the loathing he had for this type of girl. He stalked girls that fit those he fantasized about killing. And the thoughts took over.

JMO
I've even wondered if he chose these specific girls simply because he knew the media would pick up a story about the violent deaths of pretty sorority girls with active SM lives.

What report?

Ok everyone. Please post all the information you can find to support these 2 assertions:

1.) BK purchased this Ka-Bar knife.

2.) BK took the knife to Washington.

Bunch of BS...so prove me wrong.

It would be BREAKING NEWS if BK bought this knife. Please, link me to all these headlines, they must be here.

Or is it just an Amazon Search Warrant LOOKING for the knife purchase?
This report was on May 26, so you're a bit late to the party. This explains where Dateline got their information. It makes sense. PA LE is NOT under the ID gag order, nor is the FBI. Dateline NBC's Keith Morrison discusses Bryan Kohberger, Idaho murder case

Dateline is a reputable show. IMO they are not going to risk getting sued or losing their sources. Either PA LE or FBI found the origin of the K Bar knife and sheath. They know BK took it to WA because, it was not in his parents house when they arrested BK and searched that house and his vehicle and the sheath turned up in ID, so logically BK bought it and took it with him to WA.

This report was on May 26, so you're a bit late to the party. This explains where Dateline got their information. It makes sense. PA LE is NOT under the ID gag order, nor is the FBI. Dateline NBC's Keith Morrison discusses Bryan Kohberger, Idaho murder case

Dateline is a reputable show. IMO they are not going to risk getting sued or losing their sources. Either PA LE or FBI found the origin of the K Bar knife and sheath. They know BK took it to WA because, it was not in his parents house when they arrested BK and searched that house and his vehicle and the sheath turned up in ID, so logically BK bought it and took it with him to WA.
<modsnip: rude>

"The question of how the KA-Bar knife came into his possession, and when he may have decided to go to the west coast to go to school - and whether or not that had some bearing on decisions about purchases of knives and so on," Morrison said. So how much planning may have been involved? We can't say for sure, but there are some interesting indicators."

I want the evidence showing BK BOUGHT THE <modsnip: profanity> KNIFE. Everyone has him hanging guilty as charged but no BARD proof.... The entire media has him in front of the firing squad ....

I think absolutely he's likely guilty but prove it to me <modsnip>

Ok but his cell phone data (traveling far more than a runable area) as well as surveillance footage of a car matching his were tracked during the night of the murder. So why are we questioning him running to/from the crime scene? Or are you just pondering why he didn’t?

If the latter I believe he had a plan to rid of evidence afterwards and needed the car to get to location to do so. Moo

Anonymous sources are anonymous sources. Look at what happened with the people swearing BK was linked to Dana Smithers. It turned out to be false, per law enforcement -- thanks to an anonymous source. Look at the reports from sources about IN police stopping the car on FBI orders. Again, false. There have been a number of debunked reports on this case.

It's not that the MSM means harm. And certainly Dateline would never broadcast anything they didn't believe to be true thanks to the confirmation of their source. But the source, him or herself, could be wrong. Look at the news about Mad Greek -- two separate stories being told, one by an anonymous source, one by the owner of the restaurant.

Dateline dropped the bit about the knife with no further information. Didn't even say it was a LE source. Just because they reported something doesn't make it a confirmed fact, IMO. They could be right. But they may be wrong and IMO, it's important to keep that in mind too.

IMO, Dateline totally ruined their "reputable" status by irresponsibly linking BK to a crime committed before he even moved to the area. That was nothing but sensationalistic melodrama.

MOO.

<modsnip: rude>

"The question of how the KA-Bar knife came into his possession, and when he may have decided to go to the west coast to go to school - and whether or not that had some bearing on decisions about purchases of knives and so on," Morrison said. So how much planning may have been involved? We can't say for sure, but there are some interesting indicators."

I want the evidence showing BK bought the <modsnip: profanity> knife.

That interview with Keith Morrison happened before the Dateline episode in question actually aired. It was a teaser.

I found an automated transcription of the actual episode but it’s a little messy.

“ … a month before [graduation from DeSales], our source tells us police have found that Bryan Kohberger went online and visited Amazon dot com to buy a couple of items, a knife—A Ka-bar advertised as the best fixed blade knife in the world for hunting, sporting, military—and a knife sheath.”

Some typos in the automated transcription fixed or clarified by me. You can listen to the whole podcast on any podcast app. Or watch it, I assume.

Again, this comes down to whether or not you believe Dateline has viable sources, <modsnip>

No. The PA subpoena would be about crimes specific to Monroe County in PA - felonies. I did provide a link to the list of PA felonies above, and I did a lot of research on the language for the PA Investigatory GJ, but it could be anything, and may not even be related to BK. It could be another crime the parents witnessed. imo
I wonder if Kohberger's parents feel like the PA authorities are on a witch hunt regarding their son. So many "experts" are of the opinion that Moscow was not his first crime scene.

I realize the GJ has the power to subpoena the parents against their will -their lawyer tried to squash the subpoena, but there must be some guidelines or basis for requiring them to appear. Otherwise, what stops a GJ from abusing their power?
Especially since their testimony may be shared with the Idaho LE.

I have learned a lot about GJ's because of this case; more than one kind, sharing of info, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14