4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #90

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChatteringBirds

Reaction score
This tragedy seems to be breaking news:

Police said they responded to King Road for a report of an unconscious person. When officers arrived, they “discovered four individuals who were deceased...”

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8
Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread#62 Thread #63Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70 Thread #71 Thread #72 Thread #73 Thread #74 Thread #75Thread #76 Thread #77 Thread #78 Thread #79 Thread #80 Thread #81 Thread #82 Thread #83 Thread #84 Thread #85 Thread #86 Thread #87 Thread #88 Thread #89

Media Thread/No Discussion
Media Thread/No Discussion #2

Probable Cause Affidavit

Press photo album (compilation courtesy of WS member cujenn81)

Moscow ID Police Department Facebook page

City of Moscow re King Road Homicide

Media Guide to the Idaho Courts

Detectives are looking to develop context for the events and people involved in the four murders at 1122 King Rd in Moscow, Idaho. Anyone who observed notable behavior, has video surveillance, or can provide relevant information about these murders:

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN REMINDER:

It is okay for members to discuss Visual Snow Syndrome because it was referenced by BK himself in his social media. Also, iirc, a BK family member had referred to him having or possibly having OCD. Those two conditions may be discussed because they are sourced to the accused himself and to his family members.

What members can not discuss are other random mental health conditions beyond those specified above. None of us is in a position to diagnose the mental health of a person we have never met. Introducing various and sundry, potential diagnoses only serves to derail the thread with opinions, debate, unrelated personal anecdotes, etc that may end up not being remotely related to this case.

Thank you.

ADMIN NOTE:

Speculation must be based on some known fact. Posts about a confidential informant are not based on known fact and it is at times being stated as fact.

Many posts have been removed. Please move on from that discussion.

ADMIN REMINDER:

As per TOS, general discussion of the death penalty is one issue that is not allowed. In our experience, it only leads to bickering over personal beliefs. It is a social justice issue that will never be resolved through discussion at Websleuths. Members may discuss it as it relates directly to the potential of it being on the table in this specific case.

Same with politicizing. Political discussion in any fashion is a violation of TOS. IOW, reference to the Dems/Reps, blues/reds, etc has no place in this discussion. Politicizing is one violation that may result in permanent Warning Points being assigned.

Please familiarize yourselves with TOS and post accordingly.

Thanks !!

Pappa Rodger has now been mentioned by MSM (Dateline) so I think we can discuss. I have discussed the FB persona quite a bit. There are more articles than just Dateline, I believe.

The account was deleted after BK was arrested, but fell silent when he was arrested. I believe there were interactions between FB and the Latah County investigators.

Pappa Rodger is, I believe, the right spelling. Again, we don't really know, but the MSM is interested in it - and there was interest from LE in the account, as well.

IMO.
We approved discussion of the Pappa Rodger Reddit account back in January. (I'm not aware of a separate FB account.)

Just for the record going forward, it was specifically stated that the Pappa Rodger Reddit account was removed by Reddit prior to BK's arrest:

from: Bryan Kohberger believed to have joined online discussion groups

An admin of the group later clarified that despite Rodgers' apparent authority in the group, he was never an admin or moderator.

Kristine Cameron, wrote: 'He was on her and argued incessantly with people and said some really creepy stuff and posted similar questions to Bryan's crime questions.

'We removed Pappa Rodgers at 7:10 the evening before Bryan's arrest. He created a group page and had 6 people in it.

'No one has heard from Pappa Rodger since the arrest.'

1684990846755.png

ADMIN NOTE:

For those members who may have forgotten, discussion about the skinned dog is off limits:

ADMIN NOTE

This post lands at random.

Okay folks, bleach was speculation so please move on from that discussion.

As for what unsavory types might read here and get hints about, I'm sure there are a zillion other things they would zero in on. We can't control the universe, and we've never yet heard a perp exclaim "I did it because I read it on Websleuths" ;)

For those who haven't seen it, Gray Hughes has put out a video comparing the movements of the Elantra before entering the house (as described in the PCA) with the surveillance footage from Linda Lane. It's not very long, only 15ish minutes and actually watching the visual of the route the car took- exactly matching the times noted in the PCA- was helpful and really illuminating to see, even believing I already had an accurate grasp of the timeline of events from reading the PCA.

A decision has been made to allow discussion of the surveillance footage that is being discussed on Gray's channel.

Gray Hughes is a well established and trusted source at Websleuths, and the fact it is actual video and it appears to be in sync with the PCA timeline does not really place it in the realm of rumor.

It is cooling off and the leaves are coming down in the Pacific Northwest. Snow is forecast later this week in Moscow, just in time for the hearing on Thursday.

We are drawing near to the one year anniversary of the challenging events of November 13, 2022.

So here is to you Kaylee, Maddie, Ethan & Xana. Illuminate our world and help us to understand.

Thank you for bringing the weather up, Chloegirl.
It was discussed early on that snow may have been a factor in the timing of this act, and that is something that has always seemed plausible to me. Had the killer waited even one more day to commit the act, the presence of snow on the ground would have made it MUCH more difficult to cover his tracks.

Investigative reporter accused of spreading falsehoods in University of Idaho murder series​

In a digital publication series, "The Eyes of a Killer," Howard Blum reports on the Moscow Murders. He claims that Steve Goncalves was conducting his own investigation into the murders and accuses Goncalves of taking liberties with the case, potentially jeopardizing Byran Kohberger's case.

In a statement from the Goncalves family lawyer, Steve Goncalves denounced much of what Blum states in his publications, saying Blum is profiting from his dead daughter and his family's grief.

"I just want to make it very clear to the public that we have not spoken to Mr. Blum about the death of our daughter. . . This is nothing more than grandstanding and a very, very poor attempt at getting attention. This piece is obviously fictional but written in poor taste. The Goncalves Family would ask that everyone please respect the victims of this tragedy and continue to support trustworthy journalism," Goncalves said in a statement to NonStop Local.

Investigative reporter accused of spreading falsehoods in University of Idaho murder series​

In a digital publication series, "The Eyes of a Killer," Howard Blum reports on the Moscow Murders. He claims that Steve Goncalves was conducting his own investigation into the murders and accuses Goncalves of taking liberties with the case, potentially jeopardizing Byran Kohberger's case.

In a statement from the Goncalves family lawyer, Steve Goncalves denounced much of what Blum states in his publications, saying Blum is profiting from his dead daughter and his family's grief.

"I just want to make it very clear to the public that we have not spoken to Mr. Blum about the death of our daughter. . . This is nothing more than grandstanding and a very, very poor attempt at getting attention. This piece is obviously fictional but written in poor taste. The Goncalves Family would ask that everyone please respect the victims of this tragedy and continue to support trustworthy journalism," Goncalves said in a statement to NonStop Local.
Steve pretty was open in early interviews about questioning the people closest to his daughter and hiring his own folks to conduct his own investigation.

I'm guessing Blum did what he's been doing this entire time. Taking granules of truth and using them to speculate. I only read the first in his series and I remember him describing things that he couldn't have possibly known. I know that this is a method to add literary flourish to hook the reader. But it's extremely disruptive, hurtful and disingenous when you consider he's doing it in real time.

The guy is a wannabe Capote. Too bad he's lacking the nuance and empathy to capture the truly important components in this crime and subsequent (and ongoing) investigation.

MOO

Bryan Kohberger will return to court for two hearings on Thursday, on Oct. 26.

First there will be a 9:30 a.m. hearing that will be closed to the public. Kohberger’s attorneys want the indictment to be dismissed or remanded to a preliminary hearing on the grounds of grand jury bias, inadmissible evidence, insufficient evidence and prosecutorial misconduct.

At 1 p.m. there will be a hearing to address the question of grand jury instructions. Kohberger’s attorneys are citing cases as far back as the founding fathers of the Constitution to prove the point that the grand jury was misled.

The State has objected to what they called the defense’s “jarring theory,” and pointed to the Idaho Supreme Court, which they say has maintained the correct standard of proof is probable cause.

Idaho law states, “The grand jury ought to find an indictment when all the evidence before them, taken together, if unexplained or uncontradicted, would, in their judgment, warrant a conviction by a trial jury.”

Does anyone know what “jarring theory" is?

1/3 I’m in Moscow, Idaho for the Bryan Kohberger hearings tomorrow. Both have to do with the defense challenging the grand jury indictment. The morning hearing is closed to the public/media, but the afternoon hearing is open.

2/3Kohberger’s defense says there was an error in the instructions given to the grand jury. Also – they claim there was grand jury bias and improper/lack of sufficient evidence to indict.

3/3The grand jury bias claim is interesting. Because grand jury proceedings are secret, I suspect anything related to bias and specific jurors will be discussed at the closed hearing in the morning.

Bryan Kohberger will return to court for two hearings on Thursday, on Oct. 26.

First there will be a 9:30 a.m. hearing that will be closed to the public. Kohberger’s attorneys want the indictment to be dismissed or remanded to a preliminary hearing on the grounds of grand jury bias, inadmissible evidence, insufficient evidence and prosecutorial misconduct.

At 1 p.m. there will be a hearing to address the question of grand jury instructions. Kohberger’s attorneys are citing cases as far back as the founding fathers of the Constitution to prove the point that the grand jury was misled.

The State has objected to what they called the defense’s “jarring theory,” and pointed to the Idaho Supreme Court, which they say has maintained the correct standard of proof is probable cause.

Idaho law states, “The grand jury ought to find an indictment when all the evidence before them, taken together, if unexplained or uncontradicted, would, in their judgment, warrant a conviction by a trial jury.”

Does anyone know what “jarring theory" is?
MOO, it’s the defense’s argument that BARD rather than PC should have been the Grand Jury standard to indict.

Which is just plain wrong, MOO:
I.C.R. 6.5. Indictment | Supreme Court

(a) Sufficiency of Evidence to Warrant Indictment. If the grand jury finds, after evidence has been presented to it, that an offense has been committed and that there is probable cause to believe that the accused committed it, the jury ought to find an indictment. Probable cause exists when the grand jury has before it evidence that would lead a reasonable person to believe an offense has been committed and that the accused party has probably committed the offense.”

All MOO, of course!

I am not a fraternity person, per se, but the timing of this is so excellent. It counters the hearing. This may end up being a difficult day and so I was bouyed in seeing it as well as hopeful that Hunter was too and the entire family of Ethan, Xana, Kaylee & Maddie. So often we remember the story, and so it's nice to remember the people.

If BK is guilty, I hope that today goes according to what the victims need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14