4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #91

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@imstilla.grandma Thx for the links.

The ^ videos open and run, but no cc, and no transcript shows below.
Cannot hear/listen to audio atm.

If parents make any new points, can someone pls summarize? TiA.
First one is showing 'never before shared' pics. Still waiting on a full digital copy from her phone from authorities. These are the last moments from your child's life, and you're sitting here fighting with someone that doesn't care. (DEFINITELY not my opinion, that's his. I think he's (understandably) very emotional about it. Also my opinion that loved ones shouldn't be privvy to all info LE has when a trial hasn't even happened.)

They were able to collect some of Kaylee's belongings over the summer, which raised concerns for them with how well possible evidence was processed, including a trashcan from Kaylee's room that was full and appeared untouched (which has been talked about pretty extensively in this thread)

After I got the above typed up I stopped because I recognized it as something I've recently read, so searched for an article you can instead read. :)

I'll take a look at the 2nd vid in a moment.

@imstilla.grandma Thx for the links.

The ^ videos open and run, but no cc, and no transcript shows below.
Cannot hear/listen to audio atm.

If parents make any new points, can someone pls summarize? TiA.
2nd vid is just the same portions of the first interview/video, just from a different source. Nothing new.

First one is showing 'never before shared' pics. Still waiting on a full digital copy from her phone from authorities. These are the last moments from your child's life, and you're sitting here fighting with someone that doesn't care. (DEFINITELY not my opinion, that's his. I think he's (understandably) very emotional about it. Also my opinion that loved ones shouldn't be privvy to all info LE has when a trial hasn't even happened.)

They were able to collect some of Kaylee's belongings over the summer, which raised concerns for them with how well possible evidence was processed, including a trashcan from Kaylee's room that was full and appeared untouched (which has been talked about pretty extensively in this thread)

After I got the above typed up I stopped because I recognized it as something I've recently read, so searched for an article you can instead read. :)

I'll take a look at the 2nd vid in a moment.
@Gemmie
Thx so much for all the info. Most sounds familiar.

What is the difference between a digital phone log and what you see on your bill? IIRC Kaylee was on the G's phone plan. Her sister looked at her phone activity and told the media and internet about the calls to J right before the murders so what are they wanting to see from LE?

More detailed.

What do Cell Phone Records Show?​

Cell phone records, otherwise known as “Call Detail Records”, show the caller’s phone number, duration of call, start and end time of the call, and the cell phone tower the phone was connected to. Text message meta data is also attainable, but the actual contents of the messages are not in the CDRs.

Additionally, a call detail record will provide all call attempts whether they connected or not.

I know the G's may be causing some issues by being vocal, but they are victims of BK as well and are so very angry and hurt. I cannot judge their actions, even if I don't agree with all of them. I don't know how I would react if I had a daughter killed in the manner in which Kaylee was (actually all of them Madison, Kaylee, Xana and Ethan), I'd probably be losing my mind.

Ethan's family seem to be channeling their pain and frustration in as much of a positive way as possible, speaking out at public venues, bringing positive affirmation of their son. The rest of the families seem to be radio silent. Maybe that's how they're handling their grief, by just not addressing it at all in the public.

Grief and pain and the way we process it is so individual. I feel so very bad and sad for all the families. Nobody should be put in this situation to begin with. I hope for all their sakes that BK's trial starts as soon as possible and he goes away forever. It won't bring their loved ones back, but maybe a first step to justice will be their first step towards healing.

JMO

Judge denied permission to appeal to the Supreme Court. Judge said he remained confident that the grand jury acted correctly, and that the probable cause standard of proof is rooted in settled law.

Judge is allowing the courtroom’s own cameras to broadcast the hearings online. Friday marked the first Kohberger hearing that was livestreamed on Judge’s YouTube page.

I wonder if that came from Logsdon. It's certainly melodramatic enough for him. I realize that death penalty appeals go on forever, but I still thought it was outrageous to tell the families that it will be decades before they have any chance for peace.
Agreed, very Logsdon-esque. It is very disheartening whomever made that public statement.

IMO

That's pretty much admitting BK will be found guilty.
Yeah, I'm surprised at that. I thought this lawyer was pretty experienced. Seems a rookie move to brag about defending your client to the end by implying they're going to jail for, like, almost thirty years (presumably how long they expect appeals to go on for) before the trial's even happened.

MOO

WOW......

You really nailed it!
A real slip up.....basically telling the world their client will be found guilty so they anticipate years of arguing appeals.

Also, this statement makes it clear that BK will not be taking a plea deal which would normally mean he would plead guilty in exchange for LWOP.

One reason AT said she needed more time to prepare was for the Penalty Phase Trial. This means there could be 2 issues to appeal.

1.) The guilty verdict
2.) The death sentence

2 Cents

Agreed, very Logsdon-esque. It is very disheartening whomever made that public statement.

IMO
It was Logsdon.

IMHO it seemed like he was reacting more than responding. I personally think he pulled 28 out because of BK's age rather than it being the number of years it would realistically take - especially since 28 years is not, imho, realistic.

And, to be honest, I had to re-watch the hearing, and segments of it, a few times because everything felt off. I do not believe that Logsdon or the defense were saying BK is guilty, or at least I didn't hear anything that indicated or implied that. IMHO he could have chosen his words more carefully, and I wouldn't dare try to guess what he was thinking, but I didn't get the impression he was admitting defeat.

1:20:40

It was Logsdon.

IMHO it seemed like he was reacting more than responding. I personally think he pulled 28 out because of BK's age rather than it being the number of years it would realistically take - especially since 28 years is not, imho, realistic.

And, to be honest, I had to re-watch the hearing, and segments of it, a few times because everything felt off. I do not believe that Logsdon or the defense were saying BK is guilty, or at least I didn't hear anything that indicated or implied that. IMHO he could have chosen his words more carefully, and I wouldn't dare try to guess what he was thinking, but I didn't get the impression he was admitting defeat.

Thank you for posting this maconrich, I am going to watch when I finish up with the Murdaugh juror retrial motion. :)

I find "pretty much admitting BK will be found guilty" extremely interesting since the defense knows a LOT more than we do about the case. I wonder what evidence they have, that we haven't seen, that seems to tie things up nice and pretty with a bow with this case?

Can't wait to find out what it is!

Last edited:
Just my opinion, but the media should have included the rest of the sentence. It might not have been as gasp worthy, but it would have at least been correct.

"A trial won't put an end to this case. This case will go on for 28 years if they do actually achieve a conviction."
- Jay Logsdon

Just my opinion, but the media should have included the rest of the sentence. It might not have been as gasp worthy, but it would have at least been correct.

"A trial won't put an end to this case. This case will go on for 28 years if they do actually achieve a conviction."
- Jay Logsdon

yes, that is a BIG DIFFERENCE with the second half of the sentence.

Gee whiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member