4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #95

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@newsfromkerri

Prosecutor Bill Thompson's office is handling the case on behalf of the state, with assistance from attorneys Jeffery Nye and Ingrid Batey. Anne Taylor is leading the defense with Jay Logsdon and Elisa Massoth. Judge John Judge is presiding in District Court.

12:48 PM · Jun 27, 2024

The Lewiston Tribune's Kerri Sandaine is providing live coverage of today's 10 a.m. hearing in the Bryan Kohberger case at the Latah County Courthouse in Moscow. Her updates will be posted here as they come in.

A livestream of the hearing can be watched here. The videos aren't archived when the hearing ends.

@newsfromkerri

One of the big questions that's still on the table is change of venue. That discussion has been postponed until August. But if they agree on a trial date today, that will be a major accomplishment. It's been moved and debated many times during the past 18 months.

12:54 PM · Jun 27, 2024

AT has questions about the State's capital case, wants extra discovery that the State will use to present their aggravation and mitigation case (for DP). AT wants it ahead of her March date. State says it will if they can supplement it based on what the Defense then does.

Sounds very cat and mouse. Stategering....

That's it. Short hearing!

I’ll be live tweeting the Bryan Kohberger hearing at 10. Trial date could be set today. We’ll see what happens.

Judge John Judge’s livestream link provides the live broadcast from the Latah County Courthouse. Tune in here at 10, if interested in viewing.

This is a scheduling hearing for various motions in play and deadlines for filing pre-trial materials, such as proposed jury instructions and questionnaires. Kohberger will be in court with defense team.

Before the hearing gets rolling, here's a little background: Kohberger, 29, is accused of stabbing four UI students to death on Nov. 13, 2022. If convicted, he could face the death penalty. He has pleaded not guilty to the charges, and is incarcerated at the Latah Co. Jail.

Prosecutor Bill Thompson's office is handling the case on behalf of the state, with assistance from attorneys Jeffery Nye and Ingrid Batey. Anne Taylor is leading the defense with Jay Logsdon and Elisa Massoth. Judge John Judge is presiding in District Court.

One of the big questions that's still on the table is change of venue. That discussion has been postponed until August. But if they agree on a trial date today, that will be a major accomplishment. It's been moved and debated many times during the past 18 months.

I guess I should have said it's been an issue that comes up frequently. I believe the first actual date was in October of last year? Haven't had another one set in stone. Thanks!

Waiting for #Kohberger hearing to get started. I keep hitting refresh. Sometimes it takes a few minutes to get going, but I get antsy. Thanks for following along today.

It's live now! Court proposing trial date for June, 2025. Both sides say it's reasonable trial date, at this time. Trial could take almost 3 months, judge says.

Taylor is now discussing deadlines for pre-trial motions. Setting deadlines is a great step, judge says. Process takes awhile.

Wow! It's already over. Shortest hearing ever for this case. Judge said he's glad everyone's working together.

@newsfromkerri

That was fast! And fascinating!

AT wants to know how the State will present their DP case, what they're using for aggravating and mitigating factors, and the State will provide that in discovery by March, bit they want to know what the Defense will attempt to counter it with, if I understand today's exchange correctly. They were both very measured in their words, neither betraying anything!

And what was BK thinking? They're talking about HIS LIFE.

Though I just don't think he cares. Not the way most people would care anyway. He's just watching it play out. Detached IMO is his natural state.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back