4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #95

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to SR testimony: He retired from LE (20 years service) in May 2014 and started the company ZetX.
He has testified as an expert since retiring from LE.

54:20

US v Reynolds

From testimony since then, we know the federal grand jury in 2023 was looking (warrants) at other suspects per the D in the Motion to Compel hearing. One ATT warrant with real time tracking was for "someone else" in Spring 2023 per AJ in the same hearing.

When M Baker was querried about this, he said it was not a mistake and that he had receipts (in the comment section of the article he posted).

JMO
Could you link with time stamp to where Defense mentioned this federal grand jury stuff and any other official docs ( you write warrants?). It's not ringing any bells for me but have not watched the entire latest MTC hearing if that is your only ref to support your opinion that there are existing suspects in addition to the arrested one ie BK. It's the first I'm hearing about it and I have my doubts it will come to anything if it is even accurate. You say Spring 2023? Moo

The post you're replying to wasn't about different years of similar looking cars of the same make. It was about an entirely different car - Sentra vs Elantra, along with the years. And that isn't really how it happened. Had they said "some white car that maybe looks like this," then it might not be as big a deal. But instead, they definitively came out and said "we're looking for THIS car, please let us know if you see it." They were pretty confident only until they found out BK didn't drive that particular car.
RSBBM

The two cars look pretty similar to each other, coming from a person (me :) ) who doesn't know much about cars. I found some images on Kelley Blue Book.

Also, the NYT article also says (BBM) "But further scrutiny of the video footage produced more clarity, and on Nov. 25 the police in Moscow asked law enforcement agencies to look for a different type of car with a similar shape: white Hyundai Elantras from the model years 2011 to 2013." ... "Just across the state border, at Washington State University, campus police officers began looking through their records for Elantras registered there. Among those they found was one registered to Mr. Kohberger...". And they go on to say the year of BK's car was 2015, not 2011-2013. To me, the article implies that the further scrutiny led them to look at the Hyundai Elantras instead of the Nissan Sentras (which are similar-looking vehicles especially in a grainy video, IMO), which led them to BK. Not the other way around. Although it seems parallel investigations were occurring as well. I wouldn't be surprised if I missed something, what could have led them to BK prior to Nov. 25? When did the geneology results come back (the article says "by December 19", but of course that could mean anytime before!)? IMO It was pretty clear that LE was on to BK during his trip to PA.

My main point I guess is that I don't understand why it matters NOW, what would it change wrt the charges or other evidence against BK? If they started "looking at" BK for whatever reason and he drove a Little Red Corvette, and they changed the BOLO to "look for a Little Red Corvette now, not a white Nissan Sentra"...THAT could show bias.

Article for reference: Inside the Hunt for the Idaho Killer (Published 2023)

Pictures of 2015 Sentra and Elantra from Kelley Blue Book:

Attachments

• 2015NissanSentra.jpg
    2015NissanSentra.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 1
  • 2015HyundaiElantra.jpg
    2015HyundaiElantra.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 1
Could you link with time stamp to where Defense mentioned this federal grand jury stuff and any other official docs ( you write warrants?). It's not ringing any bells for me but have not watched the entire latest MTC hearing if that is your only ref to support your opinion that there are existing suspects in addition to the arrested one ie BK. It's the first I'm hearing about it and I have my doubts it will come to anything if it is even accurate. You say Spring 2023? Moo
You are right! TY
Federal Grand Jury Subpoenas, not warrants.
Spring 2023 ATT warrant: advanced timing records not for BK

2:11:39
Federal Grand Jury Subpoenas

I did not transcribe below, just notes: She says more.

Well into late 2023 subpoenas related to the victims.
The D does not know why these were subpoenas and not warrants.
Is that because they are pursuing the alternate suspects that exist in this case. There are several sets of cell phone records produced.
Different phone numbers from different providers.
Phone numbers the D has to figure out who they belong to.

3:15:30
ATT advanced timing records

AJ: ATT advanced timing records. These are not related to BK. Related to other records done later for other phones.

ATT 4/13/2023
For the time period of: June 23, 2022, to August 1, 2022
AT&T Wirelus Number: Subscriber Name: Unknown at this time
AT&TWireless Number: Subscriber Name: Unknown at this time
To include both Historical Records and Real Time/Provisional Records

It isn't my opinion. It is what was said in the hearing by the attorneys.
They mentioned subpoenas late into 2023 related to the victims, Phone records from numbers with different providers. The D mentions the alternate suspects that exist in this case. AT asked BP about advanced timing records from ATT during questioning (sorry no time stamp). AJ mentioned them not being for BK. That LE does not have advanced timing records related to BK (3:14:54).

JMO

edited a sentence for clarity
edit: changed folks to phones

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members