4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #95

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Actually, he should have attached the knife sheath to his belt. Kay-bar sheaths have loops for threading through a belt. Kohberger must have carried the knife sheath in his pocket instead, or even worse, in his hand--sloppy planning on his part. Because when he started his attack, one of the girls must have pulled it out while desperately trying to fight him off in the dark. He didn't notice and he lost the knife sheath with his touch DNA on it under one of the girl's bodies JMO

According to Blum's book, investigators found a receipt for a dark blue Dickie's coverall. DM says he seemed to be "all in black" which is how a dark navy jumpsuit would look indoors without bright light.

I don't think he wore a belt. IMO, he wanted a costume that was easily gotten out of and stuffed into a waiting trash bag or waterproof duffle, for disposal immediately afterwards as he drove around the loop route back to Pullman.

Personally, I think his ability to keep all but footprint blood evidence off his person and his car (and even his apartment) is remarkable and shows less than sloppy planning. He thought that part out. He surely wore gloves and something he could take off and dispose of (including the knife).

Those Dickies would have had a pocket and he might have thought he put the sheath into his pocket, but missed. Dickies do have deep pockets (some with elastic at the top) designed for carrying various tools or items.

It's possible that Kaylee could have pulled it out (odd thing to do while trying to fight and flee). I think Maddie was still prone in bed when attacked. Defensive wounds were reported for Xana, and SG said that his daughter "fought" but we have nothing other than that comment about Kaylee.

I'm guessing he noticed the missing sheath when he went to put everything else in his disposal bag. But he didn't have time - this entire plan was predicated on the whole thing going down in the middle of the night, with no witnesses, and no one calling the police. He had to have thought about the police coming. No blood evidence or victim DNA found in the car (which presumably he also cleaned thoroughly - but still, I was very surprised that investigators found nothing).

Although not shocked, since BK is a student of criminal procedure.

I went through various photos online of servers at The Mad Greek. I was not able to locate an employee photo with a name tag of any kind. IMO, BK could not have located the address of any of the residents of 1122 King Rd without at least knowing a first and last name, but I’m unconvinced he had that opportunity.

Still waiting to hear from BT, what if any, victim was known to BK prior to 11/13/22.

While the M would be a clue, what if the M stood for Michelle, Mary, Morgan, Melanie or Melissa? Usually in casual food service your name tag for waitstaff is first name only. If BK didn’t stalk her in person or online how did he figure out where she lived and that she was the only girl in the house whose name started with M?

JMO

She wore those boots out in public they were her favorite boots. Her first and last name starts with M and her bedroom can be seen from the road.

Easy to stop back behind the house and see her window, I could do this without stalking.

Stalking is making a person uncomfortable - stalking is not driving by and looking at a house window that is clearly displaying a large M in the window.

2 Cents

Last edited:
She wore those boots out in public they were her favorite boots. Only her first name starts with an M and
her bedroom can be seen from the road.

Easy to stop back behind the house and see her window, I ould do this thisisnot stalking.

Stalking is making a person uncomfortable - not driving by and lookin at their house.
Stalking can absolutely include driving by and looking at someone's house.

Stalking is made up of a pattern of behaviours, some of which a victim may be aware of and may cause them fear, and some of which they may be completely unaware until they are made known to them.

MOO

Stalking can absolutely include driving by and looking at someone's house.

Stalking is made up of a pattern of behaviours, some of which a victim may be aware of and may cause them fear, and some of which they may be completely unaware until they are made known to them.

MOO

It is not stalking if I drive by a house and look at someone's window display or cute halloween decorations or just admiring the house or stop in front of a house looking for directions on my phone.

2 Cents

Last edited:
It is not slalking if I drive by a house and loom a someone's window display or cute hollowwen decorations or just admiring the house.
Not in isolation, but as part of a pattern of surveillance behaviours leading up to a home invasion and quadruple homicide? You bet your boots.

As I said, stalking is a pattern of behaviours. Some of which a victim may be aware of, some not. And if the perpetrator in the lead up to this crime drove by the house to try to ascertain which rooms were occupied, or if a certain individual was in a certain room, that definitely qualifies as stalking.

MOO

Not in isolation, but as part of a pattern of surveillance behaviours leading up to a home invasion and quadruple homicide? You bet your boots.

As I said, stalking is a pattern of behaviours. Some of which a victim may be aware of, some not. And if the perpetrator in the lead up to this crime drove by the house to try to ascertain which rooms were occupied, or if a certain individual was in a certain room, that definitely qualifies as stalking.

MOO

The whole point was that BK did not have to exhibit stalking behavious to know who the victms
were. Or to find K's room.

Easy to take photos of their house and doors and windows then study those photos. Easy to watch them online and learn about them from their Facebook/Instagram/Twitter. Easy to dm to be a "follower" on social media.

He even reach out through her DM to say hi but she blew him away.

Yes...Doing all of this over and over again - escalating these behaviors - does start to get into stalking territory.

Last edited:
While the M would be a clue, what if the M stood for Michelle, Mary, Morgan, Melanie or Melissa? Usually in casual food service your name tag for waitstaff is first name only. If BK didn’t stalk her in person or online how did he figure out where she lived and that she was the only girl in the house whose name started with M?

JMO
Let’s not forget being in coffee shop and they call out your name because they wrote it on your cup.
There are so many ways to find out a students name, Uni social media, announcements, people’s names/photo posted on all kinds of info, student directory, standing behind person while they pay for something and have card out, overhear them speaking on phone & saying name, hearing other people talk about person, team or club photos, seeing them sign up for something like pool table in a bar & you sign up next, karaoke … all those places where you give your name. Of course, then I’m sure he followed her home & watched.

Let’s not forget being in coffee shop and they call out your name because they wrote it on your cup.
There are so many ways to find out a students name, Uni social media, announcements, people’s names/photo posted on all kinds of info, student directory, standing behind person while they pay for something and have card out, overhear them speaking on phone & saying name, hearing other people talk about person, team or club photos, seeing them sign up for something like pool table in a bar & you sign up next, karaoke … all those places where you give your name. Of course, then I’m sure he followed her home & watched.
I've had grocery stores do that after I put in my phone number to get member rewards. They'd see your name on their screen so were instructed to thank the customer by name. It annoyed the heck out of me so I logged on and changed my name to Don't Say My Name. lol

So, as you said, there are many, many ways to get a person's name (and address). It just takes really wanting it to be able to do so. I sense that he 'really wanted it'.

All MOO

Last edited:
I went through various photos online of servers at The Mad Greek. I was not able to locate an employee photo with a name tag of any kind. IMO, BK could not have located the address of any of the residents of 1122 King Rd without at least knowing a first and last name, but I’m unconvinced he had that opportunity.

Still waiting to hear from BT, what if any, victim was known to BK prior to 11/13/22.
He could have very well found 1122 first and then found the names of the residents through the hundreds of public record look up sites. The majority of them support searching by address. From there it's a short hop skip and a jump to social media profiles and employers. JMO, of course.

I don't think it's out of the real of possibility that BK went for a drive around that neighborhood and saw the girl(s) there. Before any encounters at Mad Greek (if you're to disbelieve the owners assertions)

Those 'People Search' sites fueled by data brokers have been under a lot of hot water lately for reasons like this.

He didn't need to know her name. Or her address.

Easily he could have called the restaurant to enquire about vegan dining at any point, could have waited in the parking lot for closing and followed a waitress home. Watched her enter, watched lights turn on. Saw her in her bedroom, back-lit.

The rest, a little sleuthing -- not hard for anyone in the the digital age, easy for an academic. He may have watched her on subsequent nights, watched how easily the slider was accessed. Noted no other bedroom lights on the top floor.

He may have entered the house on a previous occasion, rifled through her things to find her name. Getting her name, no challenge. He had time.

IMO, he wasn't reckless*. He was methodical. A great deal of careful planning...

(Just a lot he failed to factor for.)

*murder is reckless, ruthless. I just mean he was deliberate in his actions, viscious as they were.

JMO

I've wondered about that when it was revealed that some members of his family were worried he was involved in this.
Exactly! Their worry and suspicions about him being the murderer don't make sense if he only had a background of petty theft, or something similar. So he stole his sister's phone - why would they then think he was possibly the murderer? No, it had to be a lot more than that. And I find it interesting that at least one of his sisters thought he might be the murderer. Sometimes in a family the parents might know that their son/daughter has done something wrong, but they don't tell the other kids. It's very telling if a sibling also knows, IMO. It indicates it was something pretty big. Although I suppose it may not have been an actual crime - maybe things he wrote, drawings he did? Carved a pet up with a knife? What things might indicate that your son/brother is likely a murderer?

He could have very well found 1122 first and then found the names of the residents through the hundreds of public record look up sites. The majority of them support searching by address. From there it's a short hop skip and a jump to social media profiles and employers. JMO, of course.

I don't think it's out of the real of possibility that BK went for a drive around that neighborhood and saw the girl(s) there.

I was thinking that was a good possibility--maybe at a time when the girls were all sitting out back or visible in the kitchen during one of his late night drives.

I was also wondering if he ever drove over to Moscow, parked somewhere public, and just went jogging around the university area/neighborhoods. Whether he was doing it for nefarious purposes or not. He might have just been out for a jog and spotted the house/girls and had something go "ping" in his head.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aebuser
Back