4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #95

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
RSBM.

Isn't it true that the defense would also need to show that Boise HASN'T been subjected to the same extensive publicity and misinformation?

Also, if the trial were moved, does it mean same judge, same prosecutors, just different jury pool? Or does the judge and/or prosecutor change too?
Same Judge and same prosecutors.

The defense evidently polled residents of Boise with their phone survey and believe they can get a non biased jury from Boise. And I am sure the Judge will move the trial to Boise.

Same Judge and same prosecutors.

The defense evidently polled residents of Boise with their phone survey and believe they can get a non biased jury from Boise. And I am sure the Judge will move the trial to Boise.
I agree, Sassy. I believe, in order to avoid one reason for potential appeal, the judge will order the trial moved to Boise. I do believe that jurors, even if they've heard of some details of the crime, are able to remain unbiased and strive to do the right thing. I think there will be an enormous amount of publicity surrounding this trial, and it's difficult to avoid all forms of media. And so I hope that there is no talk of sequestration.

I think what is important in D's account is that it does not include that she heard people running past her door.

Somewhere back in the wilderness of old threads, I think it was related that a previous resident of the home said that you could hear people moving through the home. That it wasn't a quiet house. I think the fact that throughout it was floored with modern lino, not carpet, would mean that the conjecture that people running urgently thought the home would be loud is a probability.

A pursuit would also give someone a chance to scream for help or in alarm... and we know that didn't happen.

MOO
A student named Ashlin Couch originally joined Kaylee, Xena... and the rest on the lease at 1122 Kings Road. She only lived there a few days on the first floor and moved out. I think the noise was too much for her. I wonder if she will be part of the trial?

Reactions: Dre
I agree, Sassy. I believe, in order to avoid one reason for potential appeal, the judge will order the trial moved to Boise. I do believe that jurors, even if they've heard of some details of the crime, are able to remain unbiased and strive to do the right thing. I think there will be an enormous amount of publicity surrounding this trial, and it's difficult to avoid all forms of media. And so I hope that there is no talk of sequestration.
All of that is true...unless I get called for jury duty...bring it on at that point. Unbiased I am not. ;)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back