4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #95

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have an alternate (and unpopular) theory that he wiped the sheath down very well before the murders handling it only with his gloves afterward on that early morning. I believe he intentionally left it there as a "signature' as well as to try to suggest to the police that it was a military person who did it.

However, he missed the inside of the female snap area and his DNA was on there.

I could be 100% wrong. He could have dropped it in the dark room and felt around to find it and having just killed 2 girls instead of 1, but gave up and cut his losses and decided to go downstairs and leave it there since he thought there was no DNA on it anyway.

On the other hand, the sheath was on the bed and if he dropped it from his left hand it would be on the bed. If it was in his pocket it could have gone on the bed or in the floor.

I go back and forth on this... but I lean towards him wanting to be like a Zodiac killer that left clues and signatures but never gets caught.. to make it a legend over time.

My 1 cent's worth....
I go back and forth with this idea often myself. He's so arrogant I believe BK quite capable of leaving it on purpose.

The smartest guy in any room in his mind, except now we can say jail cell. Hah

I have an alternate (and unpopular) theory that he wiped the sheath down very well before the murders handling it only with his gloves afterward on that early morning. I believe he intentionally left it there as a "signature' as well as to try to suggest to the police that it was a military person who did it.

However, he missed the inside of the female snap area and his DNA was on there.

I could be 100% wrong. He could have dropped it in the dark room and felt around to find it and having just killed 2 girls instead of 1, but gave up and cut his losses and decided to go downstairs and leave it there since he thought there was no DNA on it anyway.

On the other hand, the sheath was on the bed and if he dropped it from his left hand it would be on the bed. If it was in his pocket it could have gone on the bed or in the floor.

I go back and forth on this subject... because the forgotten sheath is really the reason he got caught in the first place. Major blunder.

But I lean towards him wanting to be like a the Zodiac Killer that left clues and signatures on purpose but never got caught.. to make it a legend over time. He was absolutely fascinated with serial killers and probably wanted to be one. What better way to make a murder mystery than to leave knife sheaths at every crime scene. He becomes a serial killer to be known as the Knife Sheath Murderer.

Just my 1 cent's worth....
I've finally decided that, so much is yet to be revealed, none of can be sure what theory is right or wrong. The only thing I'm confident of at this point is that we're probably due for some pretty decent "holy cow" moments during the trial.

But I lean towards him wanting to be like a the Zodiac Killer that left clues and signatures on purpose but never got caught.. to make it a legend over time. He was absolutely fascinated with serial killers and probably wanted to be one. What better way to make a murder mystery than to leave knife sheaths at every crime scene. He becomes a serial killer to be known as the Knife Sheath Murderer.

Just my 1 cent's worth....
I agree with you. I don't feel that being an absolutely anonymous killer was his plan. His plan was to become a famous serial killer, and spend his life gloating over the stupidity of everyone else.

He definitely came prepared that night and had put considerable thought into this crime- he was able to remove what must have been blood soaked clothing and shoes, clean off his hands, and dispose of all of that without leaving a single trace in his car.

He definitely came prepared that night and had put considerable thought into this crime- he was able to remove what must have been blood soaked clothing and shoes, clean off his hands, and dispose of all of that without leaving a single trace in his car.
Think this is spot on. Maybe BK now spends hours and hours asking…… ‘how did I miss that part of the snap’?

And since it seems the sheath was heavily cleaned, that tends to IMO support a theory that it was intended to be left? MOO

I've finally decided that, so much is yet to be revealed, none of can be sure what theory is right or wrong. The only thing I'm confident of at this point is that we're probably due for some pretty decent "holy cow" moments during the trial.
I agree. The prosecution is handling this the best way possible by keeping details out of the news media for now. It's such a horrible, sensational case with so much media coverage. If details were made public, the defense would have distorted all the evidence as they played out their side of the story.

Agree, there may be some "holy cow" moments during trial that defense will have to explain.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
subzero55
Back