4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #95

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that BF's shoe size is vastly different to the attacker.

Also, for BF to have left the print in question, she would have had to put on her shoes and walk through the blood of her housemates, as the print left was revealed in greater detail by investigators using a chemical that reacts to blood proteins.

MOO

A tall person usually has a long show size.

The eyewitness said tall and athletic but not muscular.

Unless the shoe print size is TINY, this will not rule out BK. Nobody can wear a tiny show size who has a big foot.

Looks like a nothing burger.

I agree with everyone that has indicated the DNA seals the guilt. I've been reading the recent discussion around the circumstantial evidence that we are aware of and started considering what I might do if I were a juror. The following is IMO:

The following DO NOT have anything directly to do with or prove BK was involved; but, IMO, are facts:
Regarding Video/Car:
FACT: A car circled the area adjacent to the house three time in the immediate hour prior to the murders.
FACT: The driver of the car could see lights on or off in the house
FACT: A window for one of the rooms where murders occurred was adjacent to the road the car passed by.
FACT: The car was a white Elantra
FACT: The car had no front license plate
FACT: The physical appearance of Elantra's in those years were very similar (NOTE: Maybe an expert would be brought in the discuss the differences)
FACT: BK has a white Elantra with Pennsylvania license plate at the time (Pennsylvania does not require a front license plate.

Witness:
FACT: Partial description of suspect does not rule out BK as a suspect (description is consistent with BK's features)

Regarding BK's cell phone (only what is know from PCA):
FACT: Cell tower picked up signal that he left apartment @ 2:XX (oh shoot, I don't have the PCA handy).
FACT: Cell tower lost signal (while still on WSU Campus)
FACT: The timing of the cell tower lost signal and the video showing a car circling the area of the home aligns (I.e. sufficient time for the car with the cell phone that lost signal to get to Moscow)
FACT: Cell tower south of Moscow (southeast of WSU campus) picked up cell signal after the murders
FACT: Wawawai Park is southwest of WSU campus
FACT: Moscow is east of WSU campus

FACT: No Alibi evidence (that we are aware of at this time)

When considering the Circumstantial evidence alone, I can say it is a coincidence that BK has a white Elantra (lots and lots of people do). It is also a coincidence that BK's cell just happened to lose signal while still on Campus (seems unlikely coincidence though). It is also a coincidence that the witness description is consistent with some of BK's features. I don't know.....all these coincidences together with no alibi? Hmmm, as a juror, I "might" be inclined to say he is guilty with the circumstantial evidence alone. With the death penalty on the line though, I struggle more with guilty on circumstantial evidence alone. I need the DNA.

My point is....other potential jurors might also think the circumstantial evidence is enough for a guilty verdict.

I enjoy reading all the opinions. But jmo when he was arrested and every second since - he's just been stone cold silent. Some can and will say nobody knows how they will react in that type situation. Well bull. Imagine your innocent self strolling thru a mall or better yet, in the kitchen of your own home and officers surrounding you and arresting you for FOUR murders.
I cannot be alone when I say I would be screaming to the heavens and snot nose crying that absolutely no way. And after I was behind bars my friends and family would be doing it for me.

That's not exactly true. He has only said one thing that we know of and I would imagine that AT has told him to not say anything to anyone.

Jason LaBar, a public attorney for Monroe County, Pa., told The Washington Post on Saturday that the suspect, 28-year-old Bryan Kohberger, plans to waive his right to an extradition hearing to send him back to Idaho to face charges.

“He’s willing to waive because he’s looking forward to being exonerated. Those were his words,” LaBar said.

That's not exactly true. He has only said one thing that we know of and I would imagine that AT has told him to not say anything to anyone.

Jason LaBar, a public attorney for Monroe County, Pa., told The Washington Post on Saturday that the suspect, 28-year-old Bryan Kohberger, plans to waive his right to an extradition hearing to send him back to Idaho to face charges.

“He’s willing to waive because he’s looking forward to being exonerated. Those were his words,” LaBar said.
I think I recall he also asked if his parents had been arrested too.

MOO

I think I recall he also asked if his parents had been arrested too.

MOO

On Twitter a non-law enforcement person not working on the case said that Bryan asked if "anyone else was arrested." When Newsweek reported on this they said they were never able to verify that BK even asked this. If he asked this it is not because he has an accomplice, the Moscow Police Chief made it clear.

Kohberger's Pennsylvania attorney Jason LaBar told Law&Crime’s Angenette Levy that Kohberger spoke with law enforcement for five to 15 minutes at the Pennsylvania State Police barracks following his arrest early last Friday morning.

Initially, Kohberger waived his Miranda rights but then requested an attorney. LaBar said Kohberger told him that police asked his client if he understood what was going on, and he responded by saying something to the effect of “yes, certainly I’m aware of what’s going on. I’m 10 miles away from this.” Then, LaBar said, Kohberger invoked his right to counsel and asked for an attorney.

On Twitter a non-law enforcement person not working on the case said that Bryan asked if "anyone else was arrested." When Newsweek reported on this they said they were never able to verify that BK even asked this. If he asked this it is not because he has an accomplice, the Moscow Police Chief made it clear.

Kohberger's Pennsylvania attorney Jason LaBar told Law&Crime’s Angenette Levy that Kohberger spoke with law enforcement for five to 15 minutes at the Pennsylvania State Police barracks following his arrest early last Friday morning.

Initially, Kohberger waived his Miranda rights but then requested an attorney. LaBar said Kohberger told him that police asked his client if he understood what was going on, and he responded by saying something to the effect of “yes, certainly I’m aware of what’s going on. I’m 10 miles away from this.” Then, LaBar said, Kohberger invoked his right to counsel and asked for an attorney.

Okay, cool. Didn't remember the sourcing was that dubious. Happy to be corrected.

Okay, cool. Didn't remember the sourcing was that dubious. Happy to be corrected.

There have been people speculating that BK was concerned if his dad had been arrested because his dad travelled from Idaho to Pennsylvania with him.

Absolutely not. Dad is innocent family member. Even SG has compassion for him.

‘I have no ill will towards you’: Father of U of I murder victim addresses Bryan Kohberger’s parents in interview​

When asked if he had anything to say to Kohberger’s parents, he sympathized, as a parent himself in this tragedy.

“I have no ill will towards you. You have a baby. You have a family. You have these kids. You did your best. His wife shares the same job responsibilities as my wife. It’s really weird. Most people don’t know that. But, my wife teaches at a school; so does she. They actually have the same certificate of learning. I could see them as a family that, unfortunately, had a child that made some poor decisions — very poor decisions. Maybe they’ve seen some red flags they probably should’ve brought up. But I don’t know that. So, I have no ill will for ’em, and I really feel bad for them. I really do. If one of my children put me in that situation, I would do like, what they did: I would love them, but I would be very sorrowful and I don’t know how I would deal with that. That’s a different kind of pain than what I’m dealing with today.” -Steve Goncalves

2 Cents

Last edited:
@mmeynstyn excellent summary. I would add, at least Idaho jurors are not from Florida!!!

MOO, is that if BK was indeed completely innocent, why wouldn't he want a trial sooner? He is a young man, being incarcerated in a jail at his age, would be beyond frustrating.

I am interested in BK, because we have not heard a lot about any employment that he has had...he seems so odd, nuerodivergent?

I would have been more likely to give him a pass, if his alibi had been believable, "I was at home in my bed asleep.". But of course, he had to embellish it...star gazing, indeed.

Thank you for sharing this, I usually don't read Newsweek.

@mmeynstyn excellent summary. I would add, at least Idaho jurors are not from Florida!!!

MOO, is that if BK was indeed completely innocent, why wouldn't he want a trial sooner? He is a young man, being incarcerated in a jail at his age, would be beyond frustrating.

I am interested in BK, because we have not heard a lot about any employment that he has had...he seems so odd, nuerodivergent?

I would have been more likely to give him a pass, if his alibi had been believable, "I was at home in my bed asleep.". But of course, he had to embellish it...star gazing, indeed.
By the definition of neurodivergence, he is neurodivergent just based on his VSS.

FACT: The car was a white Elantra
Respectfully snipped for focus.

Keep in mind LE first identified the car as a Nissan Sentra and only later changed it to an Elantra. AT will almost certainly point that out.

A week after the killings, records show, investigators were on the lookout for a certain type of vehicle: Nissan Sentras from the model years 2019 to 2023. Quietly, they ran down details on thousands of such vehicles, including the owners’ addresses, license plate numbers and the color of each sedan.

By the way, you did a great job of listing the evidence to date!

Keep in mind LE first identified the car as a Nissan Sentra and only later changed it to an Elantra. AT will almost certainly point that out.

Do you have a link on the Sentra? My memory had it an Elantra (first three model years)
They got videos in as time went on.

Last edited:

It is actually good that LE looked at other cars instead of just focusing on one car, which would mean that LE refused to do a complete investigation. This includes looking at cars made in different years. We know LE checked older Elantras and this is good, this is how investigations are conducted.

2 Cents

They 100% found them in the house and another fact is BF 100% owned several pairs of vans. Most pics of BF where you can see her shoes she is wearing vans.

They found what in the house? The Vans? We know they found Vans footprints in the home. Is that what you mean? Or are you talking about BK's home? I'm confused.

Chris Cuomo asked LaBar about it on NewsNation and you can see his response in this video here at 4 minutes and 29 seconds.

....LE first identified the car as a Nissan Sentra and only later changed it to an Elantra. AT will almost certainly point that out.
RSBM

Why though? I am really confused why this matters at all (what vehicle LE initially looked for in early days of investigation vs what they ended up looking for after they had more information), especially given how similar the early vs later are. IMO, in the early days, some LE officer assigned to the task made a note of some white car that ""maybe" looks like"this", then as a similar looking vehicle popped up in more videos later, LE appropriately had some expert take a look and narrow down the year, make, model.

Even if they were way, way off (ie., a 1965 Black Mustang), there'd be some reason. (Like...That driver was the door dash driver, or that driver was heading to a shift at the whats-it place....questioned/released).

Anne Taylor introduced Wawawai Park as Kohberger's favorite location. She did not claim that he was ‘stargazing’ that morning, but that he was driving in that area that morning. She claimed that he often did hike and run and/or see the moon and stars.

His alibi is not ‘stargazing’ at Wawawai Park. He was out driving in the early morning hours of November 13, 40 miles from Moscow, from the house. [“He drove throughout the AREA south of Pullman, Washington, west of Moscow, Idaho, including Wawawai Park.”]

Allegedly, he used to hike/run/drive while living in PA. He didn’t start these activities when he moved to Pullman.

Also, let's be honest if his alibi was he was at home sleeping would your opinion really be any different?

AT also said that his alibi 'is more than just Bryan driving around'.

Again for the record and I've said it numerous times that I don't think BK is innocent but I'm also not like many of you who seem to have already convicted him.

IMO, there's A LOT more to this story than we've heard or know and I will say that what we don't know could be 100% proof that he is guilty. But from what we know publicly I just don't see how people are so convinced he is guilty.

For example, what if it turns out that the door dash driver drives a white four door sedan? I mean what if that white 'elantra' in the video has nothing to do with the crime that night? What if it's actually the white four door sedan on another video that is on camera picking up the guy at the dumpster late that night?

MOO

Chris Cuomo asked LaBar about it on NewsNation and you can see his response in this video here at 4 minutes and 29 seconds.

Thanks

Moscow, Idaho, Police Chief James Fry is asked by NBC News' Dana Griffin whether Kohberger inquired if others were in custody in connection with the slayings. Fry responded, saying he couldn't confirm that Kohberger made such a statement.

Later Dana Griffin asked if he was "100 percent" confident that Kohberger was the only suspect in the killings, Fry said he was, "without a doubt."

At 17 minutes 20 seconds

Do you have a link on the Sentra? My memory had it an Elantra (first three model years)
They got videos in as time went on.
I think the only place this has ever been mentioned was a Mike Baker article in the New York Times. I think it's possible a source told him Elantra and he heard Sentra. I guess we'll find out at trial if the defense brings it up in cross.
IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amps
Back