50/60 year old Amnesia Victim, Savannah, Ga area

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
r washr "warsh"r oilr "oirl"r boilr "boirl"
(Inserting an r in words like the above is typical of the southern Midland, especially the Ohio River basin, including southwestern Pennsylvania, southern portions of Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois, and parts of the "Border States" to the south.)

http://www2.hawaii.edu/~bender/chklst.html

doesm't mean anything but who knows

I did get the video e mailed out to the news stations

I'm afraid we might be getting a bit hung up on his accent (or lack there of) pointing to a specific location - my dad and my husband both say warsh (as in "I'm going to warsh the dishes") and it drives me BONKERS ;) ("there's no R in wash..." I tell them). But they're both from Nebraska. I think his accent sounds very mid-American - but the lack of a specific accent could point to anywhere from Nevada to Ohio.

Also - he could have grown up and lived the better part of his life in "mid-America" and then moved to somewhere with an indigenous, more obvious accent - Georgia, Texas, Boston, etc. He could be reported missing from anywhere if that was his last known location.

Benjaman looks like he could be my uncle - maybe we can adopt him until he finds his own family. :p

I was having a thought (be careful, they're few and far between :p ).

What if we each sent an email out to our circle of family and friends with Mr. Kyle's picture and a short blurb about him, and include LE contact information? I don't want to create a negative impression of Mr. Kyle through a series of forwards, but a single, well-timed email that our friends and colleagues might take a minute to forward might mean the difference in this case.

I'm just thinking back to an email I got last week about a litter of 6 puppies who were found on a gravel road. The original sender wanted to find homes for them, and by noon that day I had received the email a couple times - but all the puppies were placed by early that afternoon. Maybe that was an isolated incident, but it seems like the good in people usually comes through to rally around a cause.

What do you think?

Okie - I sent the email to lots of friends and family. As I was adding people, I realized how many people I know in different geographical regions of the US. So hopefully we'll get his picture out there and someone will recognize him!! Please PM me if you want a copy of the email, I can forward it to you to pass along.

I'm feeling hopeful today! :woohoo:

I'm afraid we might be getting a bit hung up on his accent (or lack there of) pointing to a specific location - my dad and my husband both say warsh (as in "I'm going to warsh the dishes") and it drives me BONKERS ;) ("there's no R in wash..." I tell them). But they're both from Nebraska. I think his accent sounds very mid-American - but the lack of a specific accent could point to anywhere from Nevada to Ohio.

Also - he could have grown up and lived the better part of his life in "mid-America" and then moved to somewhere with an indigenous, more obvious accent - Georgia, Texas, Boston, etc. He could be reported missing from anywhere if that was his last known location.

Benjaman looks like he could be my uncle - maybe we can adopt him until he finds his own family. :p
I disagree on being hung up on his accent. I think it is quite telling as to his origins. It wouldn't matter where he was reported missing if someone knew him from where he came from 20 years or more ago. It would be a name and a starting point.

I already have dibs on the adoption tho....try page two post #40. LOL :crazy:

Okie - I sent the email to lots of friends and family. As I was adding people, I realized how many people I know in different geographical regions of the US. So hopefully we'll get his picture out there and someone will recognize him!! Please PM me if you want a copy of the email, I can forward it to you to pass along.

I'm feeling hopeful today! :woohoo:
This worries me as most people see those forwarded cases as hoaxes. This could propose a problem for credibility of this case.

This worries me as most people see those forwarded cases as hoaxes. This could propose a problem for credibility of this case.

That was my only concern - however I think it's worth the risk. I included a link to the doenetwork page in my email, so readers could verify the validity of the case. I'm crossing my fingers that those with concerns will do their research before dismissing it.

Two things will happen when someone reads the email - either they'll forward it or they won't. If they don't forward it, then we're not out anything. Plus that's one more person who will have seen his face.

I already have dibs on the adoption tho....try page two post #40. LOL :crazy:

Maybe we can share him - he can have Thanksgiving dinner with me, and then you can let him visit for the holidays. :) Mr. Kyle, are you reading this? Do you care if we pass you around?? :waitasec:

I sent his story, information, and links to our news media, so hopefully they will pick it up. I noticed the one thing we are lacking is a direct link to Mr. Kyle to be included in our letters. I think the news media will find this troubling in such a story because it will mean they have to go through the Savannah media to obtain this.

Our credibility is on the line here, too. We need to provide them with accurate information.

I sent his story, information, and links to our news media, so hopefully they will pick it up.

Good deal! I really really wish GMA, The Early Show, or The Today Show would pick this story up, he needs some national, blanketing coverage.

I sent his story, information, and links to our news media, so hopefully they will pick it up. I noticed the one thing we are lacking is a direct link to Mr. Kyle to be included in our letters. I think the news media will find this troubling in such a story because it will mean they have to go through the Savannah media to obtain this.

Our credibility is on the line here, too. We need to provide them with accurate information.

I agree - I replied too fast! :)

On the doenetwork site, there's a link to the Savannah FBI with a contact # - maybe we can share that. That's the contact info I put in my email.

For a news story, I don't know if they will want to contact the FBI as opposed to contacting him personally or his spokesperson, as the case may be.

Good deal! I really really wish GMA, The Early Show, or The Today Show would pick this story up, he needs some national, blanketing coverage.
They are good avenues for starters, but CNN, FOX, MSNBC, etc. will rerun the piece in intervals instead of just once which happens on the early morning shows.

For a news story, I don't know if they will want to contact the FBI as opposed to contacting him personally or his spokesperson, as the case may be.

True - I thought you were looking for credibility. The FBI is more credible than Savannah area media, IMO.

True - I thought you were looking for credibility. The FBI is more credible than Savannah area media, IMO.
No, what I am talking about is when you ask news media to do a story on a person that is not a criminal, you normally provide them with direct access to that person instead of the FBI or another news organization. I am not saying the FBI isn't credible, but I don't know they want to bother with the media at this point. Before his story goes national...Mr. Kyle needs to either set up a way to contact him or he needs to appoint someone to be a spokesperson on his behalf to handle the media blitz. The nurse seems to be willing to fill this role in some capacity, but is she capable of handling things if they become national?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon