50/60 year old Amnesia Victim, Savannah, Ga area

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind taking a state to start looking for information.......

What are you guys putting in for search phrases though and what state would you guys want me to take???

Kel

Maybe you could take Colorado, since that was the other state Mr. Kyle was familiar with?

Here are some excerts from the article. Officers found no clothes, wallet or anything to identify the man. Police told Kyle they found no signs of a crime, but Kyle believes he was mugged.

According to the paramedics' reports, three depressions showed on the right side of Kyle's head, which could have come from blows delivered with a blunt object. The report also indicated Kyle was unconscious but breathing when he was found, and that he was sweaty. Prolonged exposure to the sun had left him blinded.
Paramedics also noted signs of possible neurological problems.

Two weeks later, Kyle was transferred to Memorial Health University Medical Center. He was semiconscious, records show.
the burger establishment's name.
Doctors assumed the amnesia was temporary and a result of stress. They had no idea it would still be a problem three years later.
During the past three years, Kyle has gone in and out of different hospitals, long-term care facilities and shelters.
In November 2004, he was taken to the J.C. Lewis Health Center,

Kyle achieved such good health that he started to work at the medical center. He did building maintenance, changed beds and helped with patients.
He worked for a year and a half as a residence manager, but he was never paid, Kyle said.
The Rev. Micheal Elliott, president of Union Mission Inc., said Kyle's recompense was free shelter, free food and free medical assistance.
"Because we couldn't establish his identity, I could only pay him illegally without a Social Security number," Elliott said. "We found ourselves in a moral dilemma. We took care of this guy for more than a year, but we can't break the law. So Benjaman got frustrated and left, against our wishes."

Vague flashbacks
On May 31, Kyle grew weary of not earning a paycheck and left J.C. Lewis - the only home he had known, he said.
Since then, Kyle has moved back and forth among the homes of friends. Most of them are nurses and people he met at J.C. Lewis.
He works whatever odd jobs he can find for under-the-table cash to buy food and clothing.
Twice he has returned to the Burger King where he was found.
"I thought seeing the place would help. It didn't," he said. "I don't remember how I ended up in Richmond Hill or how long I was lying there."
He also has talked to operators at most of the motels and restaurants in the area, but no one has found an abandoned car or any records that the man was there.
During the past three years, vague flashbacks have popped into his head, Kyle said.
For some reason, the name Benjaman - "with the A, not the I" - has logged into his mind. He's not sure if that is his name or the name of a family member, but he likes the name, he said.
He decided to use the last name of Kyle because that would make his initials BK - just like the short version of Burger King.
"I got tired of the jokes about Burger King," he said.
Doctors estimate Kyle is in his late 50s or early 60s, so he has adopted a 1948 birth date.
Kyle said he remembers living in Indiana and Colorado, but he doesn't know when or where. He has no memories of Richmond Hill or any other place in the South.
He believes he has three brothers, but he can't picture them or remember their names.

Kyle can read and write and has the intelligence of an adult.
He believes he might have worked in a nice restaurant, because he has a lot of knowledge about kitchen equipment and restaurant design.
He spends most of his days searching the Internet. He surfs missing-person Web sites, hoping to find his picture. He looks at photographs of Indiana and Colorado, trying to stir up more images in his head.

prohibits him from getting a job, applying for government assistance or getting more medical care.
"If I could just get a job and start over," he said. "Then, I could work on the rest of it."
Georgia Legal Services was trying to help him obtain a Social Security number, but they hit a wall when Memorial Health wanted $800 to obtain copies of his medical records, said U.S. Rep. Jack Kingston, R-Ga.
Kyle said things started to turn around a bit last month after a friend wrote to Kingston for help.
"We're just thinking there is some family out there who may have written him off like he's dead,"Richmond Hill police recently issued a report describing Kyle's injuries, which they have labeled as a miscellaneous incident. It's not known if there has been any response from anywhere. Richmond Hill Police Chief Billy Reynolds did not return two telephone calls Friday.
DePriest, Kingston's district case manager. "That's why we are at square one."

Searching for a family
At Kingston's request, the FBI took Kyle's fingerprints and forwarded them to the National Criminal Justice Information Services Division in West Virginia. There, technicians ran the prints through their national databases, which include convicted criminals, crime scene evidence and anyone who ever served in U.S. armed forces, said William Kirkconnell, supervisory senior resident agent for the FBI in Savannah.
"There was nothing on file," They also took photographs and checked to make sure Kyle was not in the federal Witness Protection Program, Kingston said.
The congressman's office is trying to get the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta to provide psychiatric help for the man, including hypnosis.

ooohh sorry guys I didnt mean to post so much of that story I was just going to copy some of the things that stood out to me in the article

he was attacked who is to say they didn't steal his clothes along with everything else? Maybe he was down there under false pretenses for a business deal and the person thought he was dead when they dumped him behind the dumpster. Did they check the dumpster when they found him for any clues? Check hotels in the area?(do they make copies of ID's at all hotels?maybe left luggage behind and didn't check out)

Sorry just thinking out loud.

This is from the article,

He also has talked to operators at most of the motels and restaurants in the area, but no one has found an abandoned car or any records that the man was there.

What are you guys putting in for search phrases though and what state would you guys want me to take???

Kel

here are some keywords I've been using - missing presumed dead drowned declared legally dead lost unaccounted for deceased

you can use all different combinations of those for different results too.

You can also search within a certain year, and add the name of a state if you want to restrict the location / timeframe...

The search engines I use are
http://www.google.com/
http://www.goodsearch.com/ (powered by Yahoo; each time you do a search, money goes to charity)
http://clusty.com/

Any other good search engines out there?

FOUND CAR INTENSIFIES SEARCH FOR MAN

Source: MELISSA MANWARE, STAFF WRITER
When James Mciver left his south Charlotte home Sunday and didn't return, his family worried. After his Volvo station wagon was found damaged and abandoned in a northern Charlotte neighborhood known for drugs Thursday morning, police became concerned as well. On Thursday afternoon, Charlotte-Mecklenburg police Detective Mark Balmas asked for the public's help finding Mciver, a 47-year-old unemployed pianist. He would like anyone who has seen Mciver since Sunday or

Published on April 16, 2004, Page 2B, Charlotte Observer, The (NC)

This is all I could find about this guy or this car, not sure if he was found or what the outcome was......

Kellie

I will do Colorado......

I just started before seeing that message about me doing Colorado.....

Searching Google News with the terms....... Abandoned Car Missing and searched for only 2004 and had a tons of hits that should probably be looked into.....
I will start searching Colorado now.......
Kel

Kel

Thank you, let me know what state you decide on. I've been using Google with the state+whatever subject you want to search. Such as Utah+presumed dead or whatever combo you can think of.

Thank you Dimples, I added you to the list. I would also search state, local and county missing person agencies, such as sheriff's departments.

Benjaman Kyle Search List
*States completed

CO-Dimples
IN-Phenolred
IN-Gina M
NB-AJ1020
OK-SS
OR-SuziQ
TX-KT CAN
UT-SuziQ*

I'll take ME, NH and VT if nobody has taken it yet! Thanks

Done!

Benjaman Kyle Search List
*States completed

CO-Dimples
IN-Phenolred
IN-Gina M
ME-Synthia
NB-AJ1020
NH-Synthia
OK-SS
OR-SuziQ
TX-KT CAN
UT-SuziQ*
VT-Synthia

One thing I have noticed, Look at the spelling mr Kyle is using for Benjaman, When I have googled that it asks me if I mean Benjamin. It seems that is the MORE COMMON spelling, BENJAMIN. and Benjamin could also be a last name his dads name, his sons name. I went to school with a girl with the last name Benjamin. Here in Indiana
The name Benjaman is only what he feels is familiar to him and he feels this is the way it is spelled. It could have actually nothing to do with his real name, but be the band that recorded his favorite song at one time or was a childhood friend. I think we have to keep in mind his memories could be incorrect. As in the story someone posted earlier, the memories the man had of having children etc. proved to be false memories.

I would love to work on this one. I am here in GA. Working on some TV stuff, hopefully....would love to do something on this guy. I just found this case by accident (love that New posts button)....I am printing the thread now to catch up. I would like LTWH to advocate for this guy.

Is there anything specific I can do to help you all?

I would love to work on this one. I am here in GA. Working on some TV stuff, hopefully....would love to do something on this guy. I just found this case by accident (love that New posts button)....I am printing the thread now to catch up. I would like LTWH to advocate for this guy.

Is there anything specific I can do to help you all?
Hmmm...you can get some rest and quit hitting that New Posts button!!

I think we are moving along well on this one, Christine. Of course, if there is anything you could find in local newspaper archives involving a possible scenario on or before August 21, 2004 which could be connected it would be great! : ) I would also like LTWH to advocate for Benjaman! :blowkiss:

Byline: Eric Peterson Daily Herald Staff Writer Schaumburg resident James J. McGinn was reported missing a year ago today, and police are renewing their efforts to enlist the public's help in finding the 55-year-old. McGinn was last seen by relatives on May 17, 2003, leaving Riverwoods in his 1996 green, four-door Ford Taurus with Illinois license plates KARMC1.

Schaumburg Police Lt. Dennis Carroll said a medical condition of McGinn's has kept the search for him a priority throughout the past year. "He's bipolar and was suffering from depression at the time," ..

Can anyone else find anything else out about this one? I know yall are amazing at searching and can find things I have looked for constantly....I can't find out if this guy was ever found or anything. I logged into my military account and they have a newspaper article searcher there, that is amazing.......I have been looking for anything in Colorado and I am coming up empty so far. I am still looking and almost done with the google news colorado search though.

Kel

I just talked to the reporter at the Daily Herald. I directed him to our site so he could compare the photo he has to Benjaman's and he doesn't believe it is him. He is going to try to email me the photo they have for Mr. McGinn so we can be certain.

He was very cooperative and I appreciate him taking time to help us. Thank you, Mr. Peterson.

Thanks so much SS, being over here in Europe it is hard with the time difference and phone costs to call stateside numbers, You guys are the best!!!!!!!!

Kel

I just renewed my subscription to the newspaper archives and found an article on James McGinn. He doesn't look like Benjaman to me, but it is only a black-and-white photo in the newspaper. Maybe Mr. Peterson has a better copy.

I'll search the newspaper archives for info on Benjaman too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyShakes