5801 Eagle Drive for sale

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Dani_T said:
I still haven't tried that Blooming Onion!
Ohhhhhhhh, it is soooooooo good. Esp in dipped in the mayo/horse radish sauce. What I wouldn't give for one right now. LOL!

armywife210 said:
I just wanted to let y'all know that the former Routier home is now up for sale. I was searching Rowlett for homes on realtor.com and it popped up in front of me. It has a lot of pictures of the home, and you can also go to 5801eagledrive.com The current owner has put that webpage up, and it has a ton of pictures, in and out, of the home. There have been some changes to the homes interior (and exterior, but only slightly) but it made me better understand how the house looked inside and outside. The fountain is gone in front, and the hot tub house has been taken down and what remains appears to be a little deck patio thing.

Thanks, I noticed that big ole fountain is gone.

Goody said:
TJ likes all kinds of food, plus he would be retired military so he can shop on the base at Mildenhal (think that is how you spell it). I can't see me over there on any kind of permanent basis. Maybe a lengthly visit, like 6 months at the most.

What I would miss the most would be Mexican Food and the Blooming Onion. hahahahah.

What the heck is a blooming onion? I've heard my very Lancashire mum say that bleeding onion or bloody onion but she was swearing at the onion, not eating it.

I live in an apt btw and have no clue what a house would cost so that's why I've stayed out of this discussion. However, that house would cost at least $500,000 in my neck of Canada with that square footage. Over a million in upper Canada and out west.

I was watching something on the Aussie boom that Dani was talking about and they were literally auctioning off the houses for over a million pounds in Sydney. Australia is very expensive, so is England, Canada not as bad yet.

Cami, a blooming onion here in Texas is an onion that is cut in a certain way (hard to describe how it's cut!), then dipped in batter and fried, and served with a dipping sauce. They're very good. Not sure if they're the same all over the country, though, so Goody or one of the others might need to give you details on there's.

cami said:
What the heck is a blooming onion? I've heard my very Lancashire mum say that bleeding onion or bloody onion but she was swearing at the onion, not eating it.

I live in an apt btw and have no clue what a house would cost so that's why I've stayed out of this discussion. However, that house would cost at least $500,000 in my neck of Canada with that square footage. Over a million in upper Canada and out west.

I was watching something on the Aussie boom that Dani was talking about and they were literally auctioning off the houses for over a million pounds in Sydney. Australia is very expensive, so is England, Canada not as bad yet.

The Routier house was only what 1700 sq. ft/????? And that would go for $500K in Canada? If that's true, I'm going to put my house on wheels and pack it up for shipment to Canada. I could use a couple mil.

Jules said:
Square footage was listed as 2940 on the website selling the house.

Thanks! I thought 1700 seemed small - where did I get that from, I wonder????? Still pretty small though to go for $500K~!~! :D

Jeana (DP) said:
Thanks! I thought 1700 seemed small - where did I get that from, I wonder????? Still pretty small though to go for $500K~!~! :D

I knew it looked bigger than 1700... ;)

Even at 2940, $500k is high - at least here in the Houston area.

Jules said:
I knew it looked bigger than 1700... ;)

Even at 2940, $500k is high - at least here in the Houston area.

That's why I think we need to send our houses up North!!!

cami said:
A blooming onion is just as Heart described. It is cut like artichoke leaves if that helps with the imagery. It is all hooked together at the base so it blossoms out. It is dipped in a batter and deep fried. Served piping hot with a special horseradish sauce. O, it is so good.. Kind of like an onion ring dipped in a hot sauce. Other restaurants are now coming up with variations of it. One has onion petals with the hot sauce dip. That one, the onion petals are not hooked to the core. It is served in individual pieces, still deep fried though.

cami said:

Wow! Goody better hunker down and stay where she is.

HeartofTexas said:
Cami, a blooming onion here in Texas is an onion that is cut in a certain way (hard to describe how it's cut!), then dipped in batter and fried, and served with a dipping sauce. They're very good. Not sure if they're the same all over the country, though, so Goody or one of the others might need to give you details on there's.

Ohhhh yummy that does sound good. I love onions on everything and cooked in everything, LOL.

Yes, I get your drift about the onion being cut so that it resembles a flower blooming probably????? It's like creating a rose from a radish, a bunny from an apple, that sort of thing.

Jeana (DP) said:
The Routier house was only what 1700 sq. ft/????? And that would go for $500K in Canada? If that's true, I'm going to put my house on wheels and pack it up for shipment to Canada. I could use a couple mil.

I think you have your sq. footage wrong there girl.

Well I too think I was a little hasty with my price but I was going by a program I had watched not too long ago and the feature home in my neck of the woods was $4-500,000 but now looking at some listings they are not that expensive. A brand new home in a new development, apprx 3000 sq. ft. goes for $279,000.

I'm looking at a house for sale right now in a suburb of the city I live in. It's a single family bungalow, 975 sq. feet. The asking price is $167,900 Cdn.

There's another one in the same subdivision that is approx. 1736 sq. ft. and they are asking $179,900 Cdn for it.

Well yah you would get more home for your dollar in Canada due to the exchange rates. One American dollar is worth $1.19 Cdn. right now.

cami said:
I think you have your sq. footage wrong there girl.

Darlie's is just under 3000 according to the realtor. She should have the most accurate figures.

Goody said:
Darlie's is just under 3000 according to the realtor. She should have the most accurate figures.

Yup, we cleared all that up before!! I don't know where Cami's been! :slap:

Any buyer would know about that house within one day of looking at it! My real estate friend says you do have to disclose deaths here too, not because of the law, but because of the litigation if you don't. Those houses are too big for the lots, in my opinion, which is why that stupid fountain looked so out of place that it was actually removed to improve the look of the property.

My son is a contractor in Massachusetts. He always laughs about the prices of the houses down here in Dallas. He says I could not touch the house I have, valued at about $225,000 here, for less than half a million anyplace in Mass and in some places, like Newton or Wellesley, it would cost much, much more. You probably could not insulate my pool room enough to make it practical either, so you would not duplicate it up there with their strict building codes. It would make the price prohibitively high.

I have "lakefront" property, but it is really "swampfront" property--or marshfront, to be more specific! You cannot swim in it--too marshy. The ducks love it but it really is only good to fish in or feed ducks in. The houses across the street without lakefronts or marsh access are valued slightly lower, but not what you might think--only about $20K lower.

And yes, homes in New England are way overvalued!

And didn't Outback Steak House start those bloomin onions? I love them too--they slice an onion like sections of an orange and dip it in batter and deep fry it. Yummy.

Cowgirl said:
I have "lakefront" property, but it is really "swampfront" property--or marshfront, to be more specific! You cannot swim in it--too marshy. The ducks love it but it really is only good to fish in or feed ducks in. The houses across the street without lakefronts or marsh access are valued slightly lower, but not what you might think--only about $20K lower
Ha! I'm picturing mosquitoes galore!
36_11_5.gif

And didn't Outback Steak House start those bloomin onions? I love them too--they slice an onion like sections of an orange and dip it in batter and deep fry it. Yummy
Yeah, Outback Steak House started them. Slicing like oranges sections is a good description still attached at the bottom. I think we've discussed the Bloomin' Onion to death now..lol

Should I chime in here? We've got a 2600 sq ft. house that we paid $94,000 for. And no it's not falling down. It could use a decorater, but the houses in this part of VA are more laid back than what I've seen in the Dallas area. And no, it's not in a bad neighborhood and it's not a poor little mill town. It's a well off paper mill town. Even the nicest homes don't have all those BIG drapes and fancy doo dads on the walls, etc. Our house has a big front porch, with a swing, a breakfast nook, kitchen(duh), formal dining room, living room, large foyer, family room, 3 full baths and 3 large bedrooms on about 1/2 acre for less than $95,000! And I love it because it was built about 1920 by one of the original owners of the paper mill. Lots of history, and no creepy feelings.

Well, I see the house has already dropped $8,000 in price since this thread started. It's now priced at $189,900, which puts it closer to what I thought it would go for.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back