6 more weeks of winter

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's mild here too in the Chicago area and I am loving it! We've had no below zero degree weather, at least not yet. (crossing fingers). In fact, we only had 11 days in January were it was 32 degrees or colder. (Yes, I counted, lol.)

In fact my natural gas bill was only 38.89 for December where my electric bill was 60.15. My furnace was out for 3 days in December so I had to use an electric heater. Electric for November was 53 something. I can't ever remember winter electric bills being more than natural gas bills. I'm loving it!

I wish every winter was like this! Supposed to be about 50 again today. I'm not complaining.

Cubby - We have about the same weather as I'm in southern WI. It's great lately, isn't it?? This kind of weather this time of year is unheard of.

Weather here has not been bad at all. I would love for an early spring. Barely any snow!!!!! But I am probably jinxing myself. We can get snow in april :(

Frankly, I think Phil should have an eye exam. What the heck. We haven't had six DAYS of winter down here in NOLA. :)

The DC area is still waiting on winter. Sure, we got a dusting of snow here and there, but it feels like winter has passed us by. It was in the freaking 70's yesterday. :|

We haven't even had winter here yet in WI. We got 2 days of outdoor ice skating on the pond behind our house. Very strange weather. I guess that's payback for having such a tolerable summer heat wise last year.

No real winter here in Mass either, other than the Halloween blizzard. We had about an inch of snow a couple weeks back, but otherwise I've barely had to break out my winter coat so far.

So if winter wants to stay a bit longer, I'm ok with that, as long as it doesn't mean one of those freak April snowstorms. :)

Cubby - We have about the same weather as I'm in southern WI. It's great lately, isn't it?? This kind of weather this time of year is unheard of.

We're loving it! Nothing like it being warm enough for the kids to wear hoodies in January!

Canadians are the biggest cry babies about weather.Pay them whiners no mind.:takeabow:

I do love them though.

What I read is that the town officials in Puxatawney actually make the decision as to whether Phil sees his shadow or not.

Kind of like controlling the situation, I guess. Not that the cute little rodent controls it, but the officials in town make a decision to report what THEY want to report.

Not sure if it true, but I'm suspicious by nature.
Dang, is nothing sacred anymore?! lol

What I read is that the town officials in Puxatawney actually make the decision as to whether Phil sees his shadow or not.

Kind of like controlling the situation, I guess. Not that the cute little rodent controls it, but the officials in town make a decision to report what THEY want to report.

Not sure if it true, but I'm suspicious by nature.

It's Pennsylvania, you're probably right.:innocent:

Bring it on! There's been no winter in Minnesota, and with about six more weeks left, we can tolerate it. It was 48 degrees on Jan 31. Today I walked 3 miles on clear trails. Weekend predictions are in the low 40's. No snow at all predicted.

Best winter yet here in PA.
Loving the dry roads!
I'm scared to death about FEB/MAR..........
will we get buried in snow????
Poor PHIL, I read he only saw his shadow 16 times in all these years.

:seeya: :seeya:

Hey guys you can send it my way. We've had very little really cold temps and no snow where I live. I'd love just one week of it then it can melt.

Anyone want to help me out! The bugs are going to be horrendous this year if something doesn't happen. :innocent:

Thanks

:seeya: :seeya:

Hey guys you can send it my way. We've had very little really cold temps and no snow where I live. I'd love just one week of it then it can melt.

Anyone want to help me out! The bugs are going to be horrendous this year if something doesn't happen. :innocent:

Thanks
Wasps are already coming out here. One crawled up my pants leg and stung me while I was eating dinner Wednesday night. (I got the little bugger though).

We had a terrible spider problem last year, and I fear it will be worse this year because of the warmth. I'll suck it up and put up with some cold if it means I don't have to do battle with those big hairy spiders again.

a6937c6c-e826-fdb4.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Columba64
Back