Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the little girl's mom's perspective:

http://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com...r-girl-involved-kissing-discipline-speaks-out

The mother of a girl involved in the case of a 6-year-old Cañon City school boy being suspended for a second violation of giving a classmate unwanted kisses said she feels the school district has done a "great job" in protecting her daughter "from sexual harassment."

Cañon City School District officials defended their decision Tuesday to impose a recent two-day suspension on a first-grade student at Lincoln School of Science & Technology after his mother, Jennifer Saunders, said he kissed a female classmate on the cheek in November and then kissed the same girl on the hand Dec. 4.

The girl's mother, Jade Masters-Ownbey, spoke out on a Facebook page and gave permission to the Daily Record to publish her response.

"Not once, but over and over...not with her permission but sneaking up on her...not without warning and consequences prior to suspension," she stated."

NONE of this should have been released to the media...none of it.

NONE of this should have been released to the media...none of it.

You may be right, but I'm glad it was. This has given us a good chance for discussion, and some new, good ways of looking at things. If nothing else, this situation made us think, and hopefully re-evaluate why we have the reactions we do.

While the incident does meet the definition of sexual harassment, it also could fall under a misconduct policy, Gooldy said. Either way, he said, it is still the same misbehavior and the consequences would be the same.

"I did make decision based on the results on the investigation that I did," DeWolfe said.

She said this is a rare case because typically with younger students, they stop the undesired behavior after they are talked with and it's described that it's not appropriate at school.

"This is very rare," she said. "I would say that in the last nine years I have had to speak with a student three or four times and each time the student has chosen to stop the behavior."

http://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com...ce-technology-student-suspended-after-kissing

bbm

"(The public) needs to make sure they know the whole story, and they need to make sure that they understand that there is another student involved in this situation whose rights need to be protected, as well," Gooldy said.

The incident started when the boy kissed the girl on the cheek in November and then he again kissed her on the hand in December. The ongoing incidents reportedly were welcomed by the girl.

http://www.chieftain.com/news/2103544-120/incident-student-suspension-girl

“The category of behavior was changed from sexual harassment to misconduct. It has never been about labels for us, we just want the behavior to be corrected,” said Superintendent Robin Gooldy.

bbm, and of course it doesn't help when she likes it and doesn't tell him to stop. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseCherami