9 Year Old Begs to go Home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That may be all true, but the babysitter had absolutely no right to not bring the baby back all of those years ago. She had no right and her mother had no right to determine where Sonya should live. Kids are not born with the right to a pony and designer clothes. Many great adults are born out of ****** childhoods. Yes it sucks that not every child can be spoiled and have perfect parents, but unless she was/is abused then no one has the right to remove her from her biological family. I feel very sorry for this baby girl, but right now, legally, she belongs with her father - even if he is a criminal.

Not only did the babysitter have no right, there are very specific laws about child abduction by someone other than parents. If one wants a spotlight shone deeply on their actions, I can't think of a better way to do it than call in the news media and pretend you are "saving" a child. The tragedy in this case is that it took so long for the TN system to figure out who the bad guys really are.

JMO

Babysitter turned the child into DCF. Isn't that what a concerned citizen supposed to do?
How did she belong with her father? Do you think the authorities should have put her in the same cell in federal prison so her father could raise her when he was locked up?

According to news reports, the babysitter took the baby to Tennessee rather than contact Nebraska DCF, which later approved placement of the child with her relatives while the father was incarcerated.

JMO

I'm confused, who actually has the child right mow?

Sent from my Galaxy S4, using Tapatalk Blue.

I'm confused, who actually has the child right mow?

Sent from my Galaxy S4, using Tapatalk Blue.

State of Tennessee DCF has oversight and she has been in the physical custody of her biological father for the last few months.

According to news reports, the babysitter took the baby to Tennessee rather than contact Nebraska DCF, which later approved placement of the child with her relatives while the father was incarcerated.

JMO

Father gave permission for babysitter to take the child to Tennessee.
The relative approved (or not, depending on the source) was bio grandma who certainly has her hands full. She took in seven grand nephews and nieces when their relative abandoned them. If you ask me it's way too many children to raise by an elderly person.
Also I am not very impressed by her child raising skills.
Considering her son is a convicted felon.

Please keep personal comments directed at other posters out of the discussion.

Thank you,
Tricia

That may be all true, but the babysitter had absolutely no right to not bring the baby back all of those years ago. She had no right and her mother had no right to determine where Sonya should live. Kids are not born with the right to a pony and designer clothes. Many great adults are born out of ****** childhoods. Yes it sucks that not every child can be spoiled and have perfect parents, but unless she was/is abused then no one has the right to remove her from her biological family. I feel very sorry for this baby girl, but right now, legally, she belongs with her father - even if he is a criminal.

Indeed, it's sad when people damage their property through their actions, but property is property and that's the primary principle we should be defending here.

The thing is she hasn't been hidden away all this time. Her birth family have known where she was, authorities in both states have known where she was. For most of that time the various caregivers have had no legal standing. Any of the parties could have taken action to remove her at any stage but didn't. I find it bizarre that she was just left with the last set of adults holding the baby, and no official placement was made, but it is what it is and social services need to take responsibility of that and do what's best for the emotional wellbeing of the child.

Another aspect that strikes me as odd is the fact that the father supposedly allowed the "babysitter" to take the (then) baby to another state for a week. She's being described as a "babysitter" or what we in the UK would call a "childminder": someone who's paid to take children into their home while the parents are at work. I'm not a parent, but surely if the childminder has to go away for a family emergency, it's typical to just find another childminder for the duration or stay home from work, not have them take the child with them? What this arrangement sounds more like is that he had semi-permanently handed over the care of his child to this woman while he was pursuing his various criminal enterprises.

http://www.omaha.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20140316/NEWS/140318867/1685

Really , Sonya is a victim of all of these people. She wasnt going to send the baby back. That sounds like an intentional act to me.

From the article you link to:

"Now he was running a business called Security Alternatives Inc. that advised convenience stores and other places, his mother said, on how not to get ripped off."

Given his other activities at the time, this makes me think protection racket, rather than legitimate security consultancy.

Father gave permission for babysitter to take the child to Tennessee.
The relative approved (or not, depending on the source) was bio grandma who certainly has her hands full. She took in seven grand nephews and nieces when their relative abandoned them. If you ask me it's way too many children to raise by an elderly person.
Also I am not very impressed by her child raising skills.
Considering her son is a convicted felon.

It's also important to note that the grandmother lost custody of her own son, the child's uncle, due to admitted neglect and abandonment and recently lost custody of one of the seven grandkids due to a founded allegation of neglect.

The Judge and the state must agree with you because the child is now back with her biological parent. There may be no evidence she was ever abused by her father but the Judge is still having the state provide CPS oversight for now. I think if there is even a hint she isn't being treated properly, she will be removed and placed into another foster home.

JMO

Via Safe Haven Has Twins on the Way'...A year after widower G. S. abandoned his 9 children at a hospital under the Safe Haven law, he was expecting to become the father of twins with another woman
:banghead: http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/06/30/father-who-ditched-nine-kids-via-safe-haven-law-has-twins-on-way/

The guy ditched his kids and now they are with their dead mom's aunt. He sounds like a real piece of work but I'm baffled why it might matter to this case.

According to your link, the children are with the aunt of Stanton's dead wife. I applaud any family that takes in children so they won't be split up with strangers.

JMO

It's great if this person is actually capable of taking care of so many children.

The Judge and the state must agree with you because the child is now back with her biological parent. There may be no evidence she was ever abused by her father but the Judge is still having the state provide CPS oversight for now. I think if there is even a hint she isn't being treated properly, she will be removed and placed into another foster home.

JMO

I hope that they are watching the situation very closely.

It's great if this person is actually capable of taking care of so many children.

I think she may have received a lot of support from the community and social services due to the bizarre circumstances. But I'm also baffled why it even matters considering they don't live in the same city as McCaul.

I hope that they are watching the situation very closely.

I think so. The Judge requested an update next month. I think the news articles have mentioned that the state has said he is cooperative and done everything he's been asked to do. Which is great news.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobcatbob
Back