9 Year Old Begs to go Home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree.

However, this country is full of lousy parents.
Terminating parental rights isn't done willy nilly. He was given notice, did he even show up for the trial or respond?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At this point it doesn't matter because his parental rights are intact. Whatever kind of legal stunt the foster parents tried to pull in court has backfired badly on them.

I still question how Tennessee ever got jurisdiction over child custody when the child was born and resided in Nebraska with a parent and both biological parents resided in Nebraska. afaik, the child had no ties to Tennessee whatsoever at the time the babysitter left Nebraska with her.

JMO

I agree.

However, this country is full of lousy parents.
Terminating parental rights isn't done willy nilly. He was given notice, did he even show up for the trial or respond?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not at first. When he finally decided to care, he was back in jail and couldn't show up. He committed several crimes AFTER his daughter was taken "on vacation" by the baby sitter and failed to return her. I posted a long time line with links to how I pieced it all together.

Here is a timeline of the case and dad's record:

1. 5-25-84 - (Age 13) Dad is arrested for one count of something that is sealed.
2. 6-27-84 - Dad is arrested for two counts of something that is sealed.
3. Dad pleads guilty to the 5-25-84 charge and the June charges are dropped. He is sentenced to 6 months probation at home.
4. 9-8-86 - (Age 15) Dad is arrested, pleads guilty and is sent to jail for 14 months. He is released just after turning 17.
5. 5-16-88 - (Age 17) - Dad is arrested again 4 months after being released from detention. He is charged with three counts of burglary. He pled guilty to one of the counts in exchange for having the other two dropped, and was sentenced to 1-2 years in prison. He is released from his second stint in prison at the age of 18, after spending 10 months in jail for burglary.
6. 7-89 through 1-90 - (Ages 18-19)- Dad is on probation.
7. 6-25-90 to 6-27-90- (Age 19) Dad goes on a 2 day robbery spree, robbing four convenience stores and two innocent, random individual targets. He was convicted of three of the robberies. He spends 6 years in prison. [At 2348 26 June 90 Ms. Brown [manager of the store] observed suspects 1 [John McCaul] and 2 [John’s buddy] heading for the front door of the store about to enter. Suspect 1 (taller stick-up man) had a shotgun protruding from a grey colored “suit”-type jacket or coat. Ms. Brown attempted to hold doors closed to prevent entry, but was unsuccessful. Suspect 1 [John McCaul] pushed Ms. Brown to the end of the counter, telling Suspect 2 “get the money [illegible]”-and ordering Ms. Nickie [store clerk] to “hit the floor”. … After retrieving the below items from the cash register both suspects started for the door. Suspect #1 [John McCaul]-as an after thought grabbed two cartons of Marlboro Reds prior to exit; fleeing on foot …http://houseofveritas.weebly.com/blo...n-in-the-dark]
8. 7-28-97 - (Age 26) Dad is released from prison.
9. 8-97 - Dad meets Jeff Hoover, two weeks after Dad is released from prison. Hoover tells dad he had to “whack a couple of people” a month before. Indeed, Hoover murdered two people in a drug deal gone wrong. Dad says nothing to LE about this information and continues to hang out with Hoover. He does not warn his brother and his brother’s family, with whom he is living, that Hoover is dangerous. Hoover borrowed and used Dad’s brother’s gun for the murders, however, so the brother probably wouldn’t have been too alarmed by the info.
10. In 2001 (Age 30) John was arrested for 3rd degree assault (a misdemeanor), then again the next week for “assault by mutual consent.” He appears to have been setting up fight clubs.
11. 1997-2006 - (Ages 26-35) the Dad makes statements indicating he was involved in drug trafficking and drug running with the Hell’s Angels during this time period. But, as he states when asked directly about what crimes he committed during this time period, “The only thing I was charged for was gun crimes”.
12. 2004-2005 - Dad is part owner of a strip club which was shut down after raids found it employed underage girls (one of whom was later found murdered), and seven pounds of marijuana, a gun and various distribution paraphernalia at the club.
13. 6-04 - Dad is cited for speeding but fails to appear on his ticket.
14. 7-04 - The child, “S”, is born.
15. 4-05 - The mother requests and receives a restraining order against Dad.
16. 2005 - The child’s mother gives up her parental rights and Dad is awarded custody of the child.
17. 2005 - Dad hires a caregiver to care for the child.
18. 7-05 - The caregiver takes the child to TN with Dad’s permission.
19. 9-27-05 - The caregivers alert LE to having child and ask what to do. Later that same month, Dad sends two friends to try to get her back. LE and DCS is called. The men are prevented from taking the child.
20. 10-5-05 - DCS is granted custody of the child. Dad does not attend the hearing. The adoptive parents begin providing care for the child 5-6 days per week.
21. 10-05 - in mid-October 2005, Dad is arrested for firearms possession. He posts bond.
22. 12-5-05 - Dad receives a firearm in violation of the law prohibiting felons from owning firearms. He is released on $10,000 bond.
23. 12-13-05 - While out on bail–Dad was cited for not having valid license plates on his car. He failed to pay the fine or appear, and had a bench warrant issued for his arrest.
24. 12-05 - Two weeks later Dad is pulled over again - this time cited for driving without his license and having no valid registration. As part of his sentence his driver’s license was suspended.
25. 1-11-06 - Dad is cited again for driving without his license and having no registration, but now also for driving with a suspended license. He does not show up to court - again - and so once more a bench warrant was issued for his arrest.
26. 1-24-06 - Dad was pulled over and cited for not having proper registration on his car. His license was further suspended. He spends two weeks in jail for failing to appear on his traffic ticket warrants.
27. 1-27-06 - One of the buddies that tried to get the child back from TN is granted a restraining order against Dad for harassment.
28. 2-28-06 - Dad is pulled over for speeding. In his car is found a gun and meth and drug paraphernalia.
29. 2-28-06 - Dad receives a firearm in violation of the law prohibiting felons from owning firearms.
30. 3-06 - Dad is pulled over for having improper lights and driving with a suspended license. He fails to appear again and is arrested again on a bench warrant. He spent two days in jail.
31. 4-3-06 - The child is placed in the adoptive parents’ home as foster parents.
32. 4-20-06 - Dad is pulled over for failure to stop and driving with a suspended license. He again fails to appear and a bench warrant is issued for his arrest.
33. 4-20-06 - Dad is indicted for receiving firearms in violation of the law prohibiting felons from owning firearms.
34. 7-3-06 - the adoptive parents petition the court to terminate the parents’ parental rights and adopt the child.
35. 8-06 - the paternal grandmother’s home is approved as a placement for the minor.
36. 10-4-06 - At hearing, the court in TN issues a finding that the child was dependent and neglected and continuing DCS’s legal custody of the child.
37. 10-5-06 - the paternal grandmother files a motion to intervene and seeks custody of the child.
38. Fall 2006 - (Age 35) Dad pleads guilty to weapons charges and is sentenced to 15 years.
39. 3-13-07 - Mom’s parental rights are terminated in TN.
40. 1-07 - Dad’s sentence is reduced to 7.5 years after he turns state’s evidence in the Hoover murder.
41. 6-13-08 - Dad is deposed by phone in connection with the request to terminate his parental rights.
42. 7-6-08 - Dad’s parental rights are terminated. He appeals.
43. 10-9-09 - the adoption is overturned.
44. 10-26-12 - (Age 41) Dad is released from prison with strict parole conditions.
45. 1-29-14 - The child is taken by DCS and given to Dad who she had not seen since she was an infant.

http://tba2.org/tba_files/TCA/2009/sjm_112309.pdf

http://bringsonyahome.com/sonya-hodgin-story/

http://houseofveritas.weebly.com/blo...ry/john-mccaul

Last I checked, every convicted felon knows there is punishment for every crime prior to commission of the crime. Unless this guy was convicted of a crime involving the child, the child's welfare wasn't an issue because the child also had a mother at the time as well as other family members.

I find it bizarre that anyone believes placing a child with strangers in foster care is a more suitable arrangement than with family when at least two child placement agencies have determined the family is a suitable placement.

JMO

To me, it's not that being placed with strangers is better than being placed with family, necessarily. But that's kind of what happened here. The child did not know her bio family at all, anymore, having left them as an infant. THEY are the strangers. The foster parents are her family.

But as to the suitability of her bio family, her mom didn't care and her parental rights were terminated. In fact, her rights were terminated back in Nebraska, and then again in TN.

As to dad, as we know, he was too busy to come to court to fight for his kid, on numerous occasions spanning a year, despite having received notice, and instead continued, as a parolee, to commit numerous crimes like failing to appear, being a felon in possession of a firearm and meth possession, AFTER the child was taken from him and a dependency court case started. So at least back then, I can state he was not suitable.

As to the rest of the family:
Here is the criminal and dependency court record for Dad’s parents (including the child’s grandma who was rejected as a placement by TN DCS and who has her own background with social services and the dad’s father who was accused of raping and molesting his own, six year old granddaughter) and his brothers:

http://houseofveritas.weebly.com/blo...stays-together

Oh, and her siblings? How dad virtually abandoned most of their lives? Some of them have criminal records too.

Yeah, so when we look at what's suitable, "strangers" with criminal and social services records don't compare with parents who have raised her for 8 years. And back when those parents were strangers themselves, no one from the bio family seemed to care, except grandma, who was not granted custody, for obvious reasons.

Thank you for reposting that timeline, gitana1.

I stand by my opinions. This child will be lucky to live to age 18 in the "care" of that career criminal and his criminal friends and criminal relatives. This child would be far, far better off, and much safer, with qualified foster parents that are complete strangers.

She should be returned to her adoptive parents, IMO, but if that can't happen, qualified foster parents would be best. She has been placed in very grave danger on a technicality, IMO, with people who have proven over and over that they are career criminals-- and that is all they care about. IMO, these people, the dad, his friends, and relatives, have proven over and over that they are the dregs of society. A cesspool environment of drugs, violent crime, weapons, poverty, and squalor. Nice place for a beautiful 9yo girl, right? Ripe for abuse, neglect, and exploitation, IMO.

I hope the dad re-offends quickly, so he can return to prison, where he belongs, and the child can start over.

I stand by my opinions. This child will be lucky to live to age 18 in the "care" of that career criminal and his criminal friends and criminal relatives. This child would be far, far better off, and much safer, with qualified foster parents that are complete strangers.

She should be returned to her adoptive parents, IMO, but if that can't happen, qualified foster parents would be best. She has been placed in very grave danger on a technicality, IMO, with people who have proven over and over that they are career criminals-- and that is all they care about. IMO, these people, the dad, his friends, and relatives, have proven over and over that they are the dregs of society. A cesspool environment of drugs, violent crime, weapons, poverty, and squalor. Nice place for a beautiful 9yo girl, right? Ripe for abuse, neglect, and exploitation, IMO.

I hope the dad re-offends quickly, so he can return to prison, where he belongs, and the child can start over.

Her grandmother is qualified as a foster parent.

At the same time the Hodgins were trying to adopt Sonya, DCS was attempting to place her with her paternal grandmother in Nebraska.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Foster-parents-in-custody-dispute-seek-adoption-5560310.php

BBM. Could you please link to these criminal relatives? Nebraska only lists one inmate with the last name McCaul and it is for burglary and robbery crimes committed by John McCaul ten years prior to his daughter's birth. Thanks.

http://dcs-inmatesearch.ne.gov/Corrections/InmateSearchServlet

To me, it's not that being placed with strangers is better than being placed with family, necessarily. But that's kind of what happened here. The child did not know her bio family at all, anymore, having left them as an infant. THEY are the strangers. The foster parents are her family.

But as to the suitability of her bio family, her mom didn't care and her parental rights were terminated. In fact, her rights were terminated back in Nebraska, and then again in TN.

As to dad, as we know, he was too busy to come to court to fight for his kid, on numerous occasions spanning a year, despite having received notice, and instead continued, as a parolee, to commit numerous crimes like failing to appear, being a felon in possession of a firearm and meth possession, AFTER the child was taken from him and a dependency court case started. So at least back then, I can state he was not suitable.

As to the rest of the family:
Here is the criminal and dependency court record for Dad’s parents (including the child’s grandma who was rejected as a placement by TN DCS and who has her own background with social services and the dad’s father who was accused of raping and molesting his own, six year old granddaughter) and his brothers:

http://houseofveritas.weebly.com/blo...stays-together

Oh, and her siblings? How dad virtually abandoned most of their lives? Some of them have criminal records too.

Yeah, so when we look at what's suitable, "strangers" with criminal and social services records don't compare with parents who have raised her for 8 years. And back when those parents were strangers themselves, no one from the bio family seemed to care, except grandma, who was not granted custody, for obvious reasons.

You linked a blog, not a MSM website. I don't believe the blog is remotely truthful.

JMO

Her grandmother is qualified as a foster parent.

At the same time the Hodgins were trying to adopt Sonya, DCS was attempting to place her with her paternal grandmother in Nebraska.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Foster-parents-in-custody-dispute-seek-adoption-5560310.php

But they chose the Hodgins instead. Possibly because grandma had two, separate findings of child neglect against her.

You linked a blog, not a MSM website. I don't believe the blog is remotely truthful.

JMO

Well, I can't fault you for not relying on a blog. But if it is false, I assume the relations the bloggeried about are planning a big, fat slander suit.

Qualified foster parent who raised a felon and meth head, as for hoping the father reoffends sorry that is so sick. He messed up and has turned his life around now considering what a lousy job of raising his daughter David Hodgin is obviously not a fit parent and for his own sake to stop him also becoming a meth head his son should be placed in foster care or adopted on the whim of a stranger.

But they chose the Hodgins instead. Possibly because grandma had two, separate findings of child neglect against her.

Well, I can't fault you for not relying on a blog. But if it is false, I assume the relations the bloggeried about are planning a big, fat slander suit.

Defamation lawsuit filed months ago.

I have yet to see any msm article supporting the claim the grandmother had any findings of neglect lodged against her. I think this court case dragged out for years because such allegations were lodged in court but were never supported by facts. Takes a long time to unwind it, unfortunately.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/2...-in-high-profile-cross-country-custody-battle

Here is a complete, detailed timeline of the case and dad's record:

1. 5-25-84 - (Age 13) Dad is arrested for one count of something that is sealed.
2. 6-27-84 - Dad is arrested for two counts of something that is sealed.
3. Dad pleads guilty to the 5-25-84 charge and the June charges are dropped. He is sentenced to 6 months probation at home.
4. 9-8-86 - (Age 15) Dad is arrested, pleads guilty and is sent to jail for 14 months. He is released just after turning 17.
5. 5-16-88 - (Age 17) - Dad is arrested again 4 months after being released from detention. He is charged with three counts of burglary. He pled guilty to one of the counts in exchange for having the other two dropped, and was sentenced to 1-2 years in prison. He is released from his second stint in prison at the age of 18, after spending 10 months in jail for burglary.
6. 7-89 through 1-90 - (Ages 18-19)- Dad is on probation.
7. 6-25-90 to 6-27-90- (Age 19) Dad goes on a 2 day robbery spree, robbing four convenience stores and two innocent, random individual targets. He was convicted of three of the robberies. He spends 6 years in prison. [At 2348 26 June 90 Ms. Brown [manager of the store] observed suspects 1 [John McCaul] and 2 [John’s buddy] heading for the front door of the store about to enter. Suspect 1 (taller stick-up man) had a shotgun protruding from a grey colored “suit”-type jacket or coat. Ms. Brown attempted to hold doors closed to prevent entry, but was unsuccessful. Suspect 1 [John McCaul] pushed Ms. Brown to the end of the counter, telling Suspect 2 “get the money [illegible]”-and ordering Ms. Nickie [store clerk] to “hit the floor”. … After retrieving the below items from the cash register both suspects started for the door. Suspect #1 [John McCaul]-as an after thought grabbed two cartons of Marlboro Reds prior to exit; fleeing on foot …http://houseofveritas.weebly.com/blog/johns-shotgun-in-the-dark]
8. 7-28-97 - (Age 26) Dad is released from prison.
9. 8-97 - Dad meets Jeff Hoover, two weeks after Dad is released from prison. Hoover tells dad he had to “whack a couple of people” a month before. Indeed, Hoover murdered two people in a drug deal gone wrong. Dad says nothing to LE about this information and continues to hang out with Hoover. He does not warn his brother and his brother’s family, with whom he is living, that Hoover is dangerous. Hoover borrowed and used Dad’s brother’s gun for the murders, however, so the brother probably wouldn’t have been too alarmed by the info.
10. In 2001 (Age 30) John was arrested for 3rd degree assault (a misdemeanor), then again the next week for “assault by mutual consent.” He appears to have been setting up fight clubs.
11. 1997-2006 - (Ages 26-35) the Dad makes statements indicating he was involved in drug trafficking and drug running with the Hell’s Angels during this time period. But, as he states when asked directly about what crimes he committed during this time period, “The only thing I was charged for was gun crimes”.
12. 2004-2005 - Dad is part owner of a strip club which was shut down after raids found it employed underage girls (one of whom was later found murdered), and seven pounds of marijuana, a gun and various distribution paraphernalia at the club.
13. 6-04 - Dad is cited for speeding but fails to appear on his ticket.
14. 7-04 - The child, “S”, is born.
15. 4-05 - The mother requests and receives a restraining order against Dad.
16. 2005 - The child’s mother gives up her parental rights and Dad is awarded custody of the child.
17. 2005 - Dad hires a caregiver to care for the child.
18. 7-05 - The caregiver takes the child to TN with Dad’s permission.
19. 9-27-05 - The caregivers alert LE to having child and adsk what to do. Later that same month, Dad sends two friends to try to get her back. LE and DCS is called. The men are prevented from taking the child.
20. 10-5-05 - DCS is granted custody of the child. Dad does not attend the hearing. The adoptive parents begin providing care for the child 5-6 days per week.
21. 10-05 - in mid-October 2005, Dad is arrested for firearms possession. He posts bond.
22. 12-5-05 - Dad receives a firearm in violation of the law prohibiting felons from owning firearms. He is released on $10,000 bond.
23. 12-13-05 - While out on bail–Dad was cited for not having valid license plates on his car. He failed to pay the fine or appear, and had a bench warrant issued for his arrest.
24. 12-05 - Two weeks later Dad is pulled over again - this time cited for driving without his license and having no valid registration. As part of his sentence his driver’s license was suspended.
25. 1-11-06 - Dad is cited again for driving without his license and having no registration, but now also for driving with a suspended license. He does not show up to court - again - and so once more a bench warrant was issued for his arrest.
26. 1-24-06 - Dad was pulled over and cited for not having proper registration on his car. His license was further suspended. He spends two weeks in jail for failing to appear on his traffic ticket warrants.
27. 1-27-06 - One of the buddies that tried to get the child back from TN is granted a restraining order against Dad for harassment.
28. 2-28-06 - Dad is pulled over for speeding. In his car is found a gun and meth and drug paraphernalia.
29. 2-28-06 - Dad receives a firearm in violation of the law prohibiting felons from owning firearms.
30. 3-06 - Dad is pulled over for having improper lights and driving with a suspended license. He fails to appear again and is arrested again on a bench warrant. He spent two days in jail.
31. 4-3-06 - The child is placed in the adoptive parents’ home as foster parents.
32. 4-20-06 - Dad is pulled over for failure to stop and driving with a suspended license. He again fails to appear and a bench warrant is issued for his arrest.
33. 4-20-06 - Dad is indicted for receiving firearms in violation of the law prohibiting felons from owning firearms.
34. 7-3-06 - the adoptive parents petition the court to terminate the parents’ parental rights and adopt the child.
35. 8-06 - the paternal grandmother’s home is approved as a placement for the minor.
36. 10-4-06 - At hearing, the court in TN issues a finding that the child was dependent and neglected and continuing DCS’s legal custody of the child.
37. 10-5-06 - the paternal grandmother files a motion to intervene and seeks custody of the child.
38. Fall 2006 - (Age 35) Dad pleads guilty to weapons charges and is sentenced to 15 years.
39. 3-13-07 - Mom’s parental rights are terminated in TN.
40. 1-07 - Dad’s sentence is reduced to 7.5 years after he turns state’s evidence in the Hoover murder.
41. 6-13-08 - Dad is deposed by phone in connection with the request to terminate his parental rights.
42. 7-6-08 - Dad’s parental rights are terminated. He appeals.
43. 10-9-09 - the adoption is overturned.
44. 10-26-12 - (Age 41) Dad is released from prison with strict parole conditions.
45. 1-29-14 - The child is taken by DCS and given to Dad who she had not seen since she was an infant.

http://tba2.org/tba_files/TCA/2009/sjm_112309.pdf

http://bringsonyahome.com/sonya-hodgin-story/

http://houseofveritas.weebly.com/blog/category/john-mccaul

Here is the criminal and dependency court record for Dad’s parents (including the child’s grandma who was rejected as a placement by TN DCS and who has her own background with social services and the dad’s father who was accused of raping and molesting his own, six year old granddaughter) and his brothers. This is the child’s new family she is supposedly so happy reuniting with:

http://houseofveritas.weebly.com/blog/the-family-that-felonies-together-stays-together

http://houseofveritas.weebly.com/blog/not-so-stranger-danger

Unfortunately both sides in this dispute make accusations the veracity of which is sometimes difficult to ascertain. I was not able to find any specific details on this, although the JM supporters' "These are lies, all lies, we are going to sue you" do not leave me with a good feeling.

Do you have any specifics on this?

Sorry I only check in every so often when there isn't a case I am watching. Item 12 that I bolded.

So again if the grandmother is not suitable to be foster parent because her son is a felon. Please explain how David Hodgins is a suitable foster parent because his daughter is a felon.

Qualified foster parent who raised a felon and meth head, as for hoping the father reoffends sorry that is so sick. He messed up and has turned his life around now considering what a lousy job of raising his daughter David Hodgin is obviously not a fit parent and for his own sake to stop him also becoming a meth head his son should be placed in foster care or adopted on the whim of a stranger.

BBM. Are you serious?? "Turned his life around"??? John McCaul has an extensive rap sheet with multiple jail and prison sentences from age 13 to his 40's!! How exactly has he turned his life around?

Does he have a full time job? Difficult for paroled felons to find employment, particularly for a man with an extensive criminal history like his! (Who would hire such a candidate?)

Is he off all public welfare and subsidies?

Does he have employable job skills, or is he participating in a full time vocational program?

Can he read and write? Does he have a GED? Can he do math well enough to manage his finances? Does he have bank accounts? Credit? If he can't qualify for credit cards, is he managing his bills? Can he use a computer?

Has he been off all drugs with clean drug tests? How many and how often?

Has he taken any parenting classes?

Does he have a car? Driver's license?

Can he cook?

Does he have stable housing?

Has he abandoned contact with any relatives and friends who have criminal records? Does he take S around people with extensive criminal histories, or who are on parole?

Who does he leave S with when he cannot personally supervise her? Like, while he is at a full time job during the summer school break? Is he employed? How many hours per week? Is he successful at this job? Does he have behavior or attendance problems at his job? Has he held a job consistently for more than a year?

Who are S doctors now that she is in a new state? Has she had any check ups with these doctors? How is her care paid for? Is she in counseling at least 1-2 times a week, both alone, and with John McCaul? Is John McCaul in counseling at least 1-2 times a week with qualified mental health specialists?

Is S involved with any of her previous interests? Is she on any sports teams now, or involved with any hobbies? Does she have friends outside of the family? Does she visit those friends at their homes?

Just a few of the literally hundreds of issues John McCaul will need to adequately address in order for anyone to seriously consider that he has "turned his life around", and could reasonably expect to parent a 9 yo girl he hasn't see since she was an infant.

This man has a nearly 100% chance of re-offending and returning to prison. Prison and crime is all he knows, and he has made that lifestyle his "career." The ONLY chance he has to turn his life around is to get job training, extensive psychological and mental health counseling, and ongoing life coaching, a GED if he doesn't have one, and restart his life in a new environment separate from his old habits and old lifestyle. He shouldn't be mounting those challenges while trying to figure out how to parent a child he has practically never met. He has no idea how to live a normal life, pay bills, etc. He has been in jail or prison half his life.

If he wants to be a father so badly, let him find a woman and start over. Leave this poor 9yo girl alone. She deserves a life if her own, as far from the stigma of being his birth daughter as possible. He has saddled her with an almost unbearable life load to carry, due to his own deplorable and criminal life choices. If he has any human feelings for this child, he should let her go. If he did that,and truly did the things to "turn his life around", then maybe he would be ready to parent a child. But not now, IMO.

Crime is what John McCaul knows. I'm betting he will return to what he knows. I just hope S isn't hurt any worse in the process.

BBM. Are you serious?? "Turned his life around"??? John McCaul has an extensive rap sheet with multiple jail and prison sentences from age 13 to his 40's!! How exactly has he turned his life around?

Does he have a full time job? Difficult for paroled felons to find employment, particularly for a man with an extensive criminal history like his! (Who would hire such a candidate?)

Is he off all public welfare and subsidies?

Does he have employable job skills, or is he participating in a full time vocational program?

Can he read and write? Does he have a GED? Can he do math well enough to manage his finances? Does he have bank accounts? Credit? If he can't qualify for credit cards, is he managing his bills? Can he use a computer?

Has he been off all drugs with clean drug tests? How many and how often?

Has he taken any parenting classes?

Does he have a car? Driver's license?

Can he cook?

Does he have stable housing?

Has he abandoned contact with any relatives and friends who have criminal records? Does he take S around people with extensive criminal histories, or who are on parole?

Who does he leave S with when he cannot personally supervise her? Like, while he is at a full time job during the summer school break? Is he employed? How many hours per week? Is he successful at this job? Does he have behavior or attendance problems at his job? Has he held a job consistently for more than a year?

Who are S doctors now that she is in a new state? Has she had any check ups with these doctors? How is her care paid for? Is she in counseling at least 1-2 times a week, both alone, and with John McCaul? Is John McCaul in counseling at least 1-2 times a week with qualified mental health specialists?

Is S involved with any of her previous interests? Is she on any sports teams now, or involved with any hobbies? Does she have friends outside of the family? Does she visit those friends at their homes?

Just a few of the literally hundreds of issues John McCaul will need to adequately address in order for anyone to seriously consider that he has "turned his life around", and could reasonably expect to parent a 9 yo girl he hasn't see since she was an infant.

This man has a nearly 100% chance of re-offending and returning to prison. Prison and crime is all he knows, and he has made that lifestyle his "career." The ONLY chance he has to turn his life around is to get job training, extensive psychological and mental health counseling, and ongoing life coaching, a GED if he doesn't have one, and restart his life in a new environment separate from his old habits and old lifestyle. He shouldn't be mounting those challenges while trying to figure out how to parent a child he has practically never met. He has no idea how to live a normal life, pay bills, etc. He has been in jail or prison half his life.

If he wants to be a father so badly, let him find a woman and start over. Leave this poor 9yo girl alone. She deserves a life if her own, as far from the stigma of being his birth daughter as possible. He has saddled her with an almost unbearable life load to carry, due to his own deplorable and criminal life choices. If he has any human feelings for this child, he should let her go. If he did that,and truly did the things to "turn his life around", then maybe he would be ready to parent a child. But not now, IMO.

Crime is what John McCaul knows. I'm betting he will return to what he knows. I just hope S isn't hurt any worse in the process.

BBM. Links have been posted here repeatedly to msm articles stating the father has employment. And I'd really like to know your basis for your claim that he has a 100% chance for re-offending. The child has been in his care for seven months and it is being monitored by authorities. What information do you have that neither authorities nor media have?

Now out of prison, he is working at a meatpacking plant and trying to get to know his daughter.

http://www.omaha.com/news/grace-neb...cle_e9effcc8-ffbb-5f6a-a61b-9c1be3dab5d5.html

The Bureau of Justice Statistics tracks recidivism.

3 IN 4 FORMER PRISONERS IN 30 STATES ARRESTED WITHIN 5 YEARS OF RELEASE

WASHINGTON – An estimated two-thirds (68 percent) of 405,000 prisoners released in 30 states in 2005 were arrested for a new crime within three years of release from prison, and three-quarters (77 percent) were arrested within five years, the Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) announced today.

More than a third (37 percent) of prisoners who were arrested within five years of release were arrested within the first six months after release, with more than half (57 percent) arrested by the end of the first year.

Recidivism rates varied with the attributes of the inmate. Prisoners released after serving time for a property offense were the most likely to recidivate. Within five years of release, 82 percent of property offenders were arrested for a new crime, compared to 77 percent of drug offenders, 74 percent of public order offenders and 71 percent of violent offenders.

The arrest of former prisoners after release increased with the extent of their criminal history. Within five years of release, 61 percent of released inmates with four or fewer arrests in their prior criminal history were arrested, compared to 86 percent of those who had 10 or more prior arrests.

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/press/rprts05p0510pr.cfm

Many more links to statistics and data collection here. There is even a tool to input info for a specific offender to estimate their risk of reoffense in the next 1-5 years, broken down by year.

http://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=tp&tid=17

The bolded areas highlighted by me above. John McCaul has quite an extensive criminal history, with "many" arrests (probably in excess of the 10 noteworthy in the BJS studies), as well as multiple episodes of incarceration. We only know a portion of his history- I suspect there is EVEN MORE we don't know about. John McCaul's criminal history is not a rumor, or some "made up" criticism to make him look bad. He is a career criminal by every definition that exists. He is only out THIS TIME because HE LIED about having information to solve a DOUBLE HOMICIDE, and cut a deal. Wow, that really shows how he has turned his life around. The truth only matters if you can use it to your advantage to cut a deal and reduce your most recent sentence??

BJS stats and commentary is pretty clear that the more extensive the criminal history, and the more incarcerations an inmate has, the rate of recidivism just continues to go up. Perhaps someone may quibble that a recidivism rate of 77 to 86% (on the low side, given his history, IMO) is not statistically "nearly 100%" as I stated above, but statistics don't lie. I hope this man violates his parole, or commits a new crime that doesn't involve S, and goes back to prison where he belongs. Statistics show that he is very likely to do just exactly that. I just hope it happens sooner, rather than later, so the child can be shuffled again to a better situation.

We are each allowed to form our own opinions, and I have formed mine. This child should not be under the care of this career felon, IMO. Nothing good can come of that for her, IMO. As to whether she should be with the Hogins, that's another discussion. But it is abundantly clear to me that S should not be anywhere near John McCaul. He has enough problems of his own to work on, without the added burden of a 9 yo girl. He is dangerous, IMO.

BBM. Links have been posted here repeatedly to msm articles stating the father has employment. And I'd really like to know your basis for your claim that he has a 100% chance for re-offending. The child has been in his care for seven months and it is being monitored by authorities. What information do you have that neither authorities nor media have?

Now out of prison, he is working at a meatpacking plant and trying to get to know his daughter.

http://www.omaha.com/news/grace-neb...cle_e9effcc8-ffbb-5f6a-a61b-9c1be3dab5d5.html

Quite a few cases where "authorities" should have been monitoring or claimed to have been monitoring, that didn't end well.
So the fact that authorities are supposedly monitoring doesn't impress me one bit.

The Bureau of Justice Statistics tracks recidivism.

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/press/rprts05p0510pr.cfm

Many more links to statistics and data collection here. There is even a tool to input info for a specific offender to estimate their risk of reoffense in the next 1-5 years, broken down by year.

http://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=tp&tid=17

The bolded areas highlighted by me above. John McCaul has quite an extensive criminal history, with "many" arrests (probably in excess of the 10 noteworthy in the BJS studies), as well as multiple episodes of incarceration. We only know a portion of his history- I suspect there is EVEN MORE we don't know about. John McCaul's criminal history is not a rumor, or some "made up" criticism to make him look bad. He is a career criminal by every definition that exists. He is only out THIS TIME because HE LIED about having information to solve a DOUBLE HOMICIDE, and cut a deal. Wow, that really shows how he has turned his life around. The truth only matters if you can use it to your advantage to cut a deal and reduce your most recent sentence??

BJS stats and commentary is pretty clear that the more extensive the criminal history, and the more incarcerations an inmate has, the rate of recidivism just continues to go up. Perhaps someone may quibble that a recidivism rate of 77 to 86% (on the low side, given his history, IMO) is not statistically "nearly 100%" as I stated above, but statistics don't lie. I hope this man violates his parole, or commits a new crime that doesn't involve S, and goes back to prison where he belongs. Statistics show that he is very likely to do just exactly that. I just hope it happens sooner, rather than later, so the child can be shuffled again to a better situation.

We are each allowed to form our own opinions, and I have formed mine. This child should not be under the care of this career felon, IMO. Nothing good can come of that for her, IMO. As to whether she should be with the Hogins, that's another discussion. But it is abundantly clear to me that S should not be anywhere near John McCaul. He has enough problems of his own to work on, without the added burden of a 9 yo girl. He is dangerous, IMO.

And yet here we are 5 years later he is still not arrested she is a straight a student and dcs ont thin being with the hodgins is good for her
http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...n-judge-rules-year-old-stay-nebraska/9182089/
Originally she wanted to visit them but no she doesn't I amsure by now she has found out the lies they have been telling people the fact that the HODGINS who claim to love her have put her in danger and tht they broke rules saying foster parents cant do what they have make money on her spash her name and face all over the media how is that helpful to her. The only people the H's think about are David and Kim which is probably why he did such a crap job of raising Brandi

And yet here we are 5 years later he is still not arrested she is a straight a student and dcs ont thin being with the hodgins is good for her
http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...n-judge-rules-year-old-stay-nebraska/9182089/
Originally she wanted to visit them but no she doesn't I amsure by now she has found out the lies they have been telling people the fact that the HODGINS who claim to love her have put her in danger and tht they broke rules saying foster parents cant do what they have make money on her spash her name and face all over the media how is that helpful to her. The only people the H's think about are David and Kim which is probably why he did such a crap job of raising Brandi

This post is extremely difficult to read and interpret, due to the grammar, spelling, and punctuation. I'm not sure what the message is, or what to respond to.

This post is extremely difficult to read and interpret, due to the grammar, spelling, and punctuation. I'm not sure what the message is, or what to respond to.

I posted on night shift, I also saw a post made by you saying go on John Mccaul commit a crime. You stated what the chances of reoffending within 5 years, well he has not done that. It looks like fighting to get and keep his daughter is making him change and be a good father. Something David Hodgin wasn't with his daughter Brandi.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devanport
Back