A double-decker bus and a passenger train in Canada collided

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe the reason the driver didn't stop was because he didn't hear the passengers yelling- he could have been wearing ear buds and yakking on a cell phone. I hope not- but it's one possible explanation.

if this was the case wouldn't one of the passenger's have come out and said this already ??

if this was the case wouldn't one of the passenger's have come out and said this already ??

I thought the witnesses said that he braked as soon as they yelled but it was too late. That's what I read anyway.

:floorlaugh:
I thought the witnesses said that he braked as soon as they yelled but it was too late. That's what I read anyway.

That is what multiple witnesses have said yes.

I will say riding Ottawa transit every day, I've never seen a driver on a cell or wit ear buds. The biggest distraction I see is the passengers getting chatty, or other drivers doing the same.

Maybe the reason the driver didn't stop was because he didn't hear the passengers yelling- he could have been wearing ear buds and yakking on a cell phone. I hope not- but it's one possible explanation.

I live close to the downtown Ottawa and ride the bus, my sister lives in Barrhaven and we have taken the bus downtown from Fallowfield station and never have I witnessed a bus driver on a cellphone or have ear buds in.

I have witnessed passengers talking loudly, with each other or on their cellphones.

I agree with you,
All the reports are the same...bus not slowing down, passengers screaming for him to stop, brakes engaged but it was too late.

I went out to dinner with my girlfriends last night.
A few live in Barrhaven and like many in the suburbs, they take the bus downtown to work from Fallowfield station.

One of their co-workers was on Rte 76 that fateful morning. She was on the 2nd level of the double decker bus 5 rows from the front. She was thrown violently during impact, she noticed there were only 2 rows of seats left in front of her.
Other passengers helped her try to get down the mangled staircase and what she saw, the bodies, the condition of the deceased and the blood, will forever haunt her.

We don't often praise our emergency responders.
Paramedics, Law Enforcement, Fire Fighters

Thank You to all of you for what you do to help keep us safe.

Here is one story.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/ottawa/Capt+Andrews+voice+calm+recording/8935312/story.html
He was the first firefighter on scene at the fatal collision between OC Transpo bus 76 and Via Rail passenger train 51 near Fallowfield Station. It’s his voice assessing the scene, delivering the tragic news of the multiple code blacks and putting into action a plan that saw the city respond in what many say is the most professional, remarkable service they could have expected.

The voices Ottawans didn’t hear on the 911 recording are those of the countless bystanders, some injured themselves, who did what they could for their fellow passengers. The people who rushed over to help, who then disappeared into the crowd once their good deeds were done.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back