A & E - Anthony Parents Speak 5.28.18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry, I clicked on the wrong buttons, tryin again:

I always thought that that scenario occured because Lee was expected to confess the sexual molestation but he could not bring himself to do it. He was supposed to lie on the stand as they surely agreed on he would but when the time came he broke down and just ended up naming the pregnancy as a reason, a filler. Remember how JB repeatedly asked him is there something else? It was clearly to see, at least to me that his thoughts were someplace else, he could not go with a major lie that is and probably he was in the state of a breakdown, too.

Also, I am fairly sure that they all know what happened, Cindy, George and Lee, they know.

You're right. Baez even talked about it. He wanted Lee to claim that his parents thought that Caylee was his child and that's why they kept him in the dark about her pregnancy or some nonsense like that.

It was really noticeable because Baez kept pressing him on it. Then he seemed to get fed up because Lee was just crying and refusing to answer the question the way he wanted, so he stormed over to Cheney Mason and whispered with him for a little while. Mason said something like, "I guess you have to let it go then" and Baez was forced to conclude that line of questioning.

There was an actual article where Baez admitted to this, but I can't find it and I've spent the last half hour looking for it. I'm fuming again.

Lee was a horrible witness. The prosecution had to drag every answer out of him like they were pulling teeth.

As for Baez... I still hate him more than all the Anthonys combined. I don't know how anyone can buy his crap and use his nonsense as anything resembling a map to reasonable doubt. He was incompetent throughout the trial and he left gigantic gaping holes in his theory of events. He offered no explanation of how Caylee got in the woods and gave lame excuses for why Casey's car began to coincidentally smell like death right around that same time. He first claimed that there wasn't a body in the car and then tried to make George look nefarious for going to retrieve it from the tow yard.

How did they reconcile that? Did they decide that George snuck into the tow yard and planted Caylee's body there and then left it there for a couple days while he pretended not to see the tow notice? Then he snuck into the tow yard again to retrieve it and decided to then dump it in the woods a couple of blocks behind his house? Except, oh wait, Casey was texting people about the smell of death in it right before she abandoned it.

Anyway, Baez just threw a bunch of stuff at the wall like a toddler to see if it would stick. Then he claimed it was chocolate cake and it seems the jury got on all fours and feverishly licked up the lie residue that was dripping onto the floor.

Those jurors must have had minds like sieves.

Last edited:
Wasn't there also something about Lee, something about one of the law enforcement type of guys that said "Lee knows what he did"? Or wait, maybe that was about Casey's laptop coming up with a bluescreen, that he deliberately wiped it clean, maybe that's what that comment was about. Still, I have this nagging feeling that something was said or implied that Lee was getting immunity for some information he either had, or gave up, gosh it's been so long I feel like I've forgotten so much.

I believe the conversations that happen in the home between George and Cindy are much different than what is said on the tv screen. George is pretty open with is real feelings but Cindy is still trying to repair her daughter's rep. I don't think for one second that Cindy believes Casey is innocent. She just can't say it to the public and never will. If she had more mental capacity, she'd be able to say "I never thought she was capable of doing what she did" and leave it at that...but she can't.

You're right. Baez even talked about it. He wanted Lee to claim that his parents thought that Caylee was his child and that's why they kept him in the dark about her pregnancy or some nonsense like that.

It was really noticeable because Baez kept pressing him on it. Then he seemed to get fed up because Lee was just crying and refusing to answer the question the way he wanted, so he stormed over to Cheney Mason and whispered with him for a little while. Mason said something like, "I guess you have to let it go then" and Baez was forced to conclude that line of questioning.

There was an actual article where Baez admitted to this, but I can't find it and I've spent the last half hour looking for it. I'm fuming again.

Lee was a horrible witness. The prosecution had to drag every answer out of him like they were pulling teeth.

As for Baez... I still hate him more than all the Anthonys combined. I don't know how anyone can buy his crap and use his nonsense as anything resembling a map to reasonable doubt. He was incompetent throughout the trial and he left gigantic gaping holes in his theory of events. He offered no explanation of how Caylee got in the woods and gave lame excuses for why Casey's car began to coincidentally smell like death right around that same time. He first claimed that there wasn't a body in the car and then tried to make George look nefarious for going to retrieve it from the tow yard.

How did they reconcile that? Did they decide that George snuck into the tow yard and planted Caylee's body there and then left it there for a couple days while he pretended not to see the tow notice? Then he snuck into the tow yard again to retrieve it and decided to then dump it in the woods a couple of blocks behind his house? Except, oh wait, Casey was texting people about the smell of death in it right before she abandoned it.

Anyway, Baez just threw a bunch of stuff at the wall like a toddler to see if it would stick. Then he claimed it was chocolate cake and it seems the jury got on all fours and feverishly licked up the lie residue that was dripping onto the floor.

Those jurors must have had minds like sieves.

Agree with you in everything. No way to tell if another jury would have found her guilty or not but one thing is true, as JA told in this interview, they simply did not want to find her guilty. The evidence were more than enough. It was clear as day. Normally I would distance myself saying things like this but I have watched the trial and this is the only conclusion I see (even without the fool-proof suffocation search). Only one person had the opportunity, the means and motive. Probably she had plans for her parents, as well.

PS.: JB was amateur-hour, agree but also, I am strongly convinced that this jury would have acquitted Casey Anthony, no matter her defence. I use the word inept, to stay in good manners in writing - but my blood boils really just even while thinking about this all.

I've always believed the jury felt put upon, which Judge Perry encouraged by going above and beyond to accommodate them with nights out, the dessert lady, etc. I think when the pinheads got the case, they had one goal, which was to get back to Pinellas County stat, and the quickest route back was to ignore the evidence, say the state didn't provide its case, acquit the murdering witch, and quickly board the bus back home. Lazy, entitled, and eager to get home after all that "heavy lifting" they did serving on the jury. Pfft.

I have wishes for George and Cindy.
I wish that Cindy would stop being so awful to George, or, I wish that George can find the strength to straight up leave her.
At this point, 10 years later, they are still suffering with each other.
I blame a lot of that on Cindy.
I wish that they would buy a boat.
To live on.
Spend time with nature, and realize that their bond as a couple is stronger then their screwed up daughter.

Life is short. Do not let Anyone destroy yours.

Yeah, sorry, I guess I'm just mean and all of you are much nicer than I am. I still think they deserve their pain over how they've handled this situation. I still remember all that finger pointing they (especially Cindy) did. From what someone wrote in their earlier post, Cindy is still doing it. She was probably accusing Jesse of making the foolproof suffocation search.

And when did they respect other people's pain? Cindy left Tim Miller that nasty voicemail accusing him of stealing money, threatening him and bringing up his dead daughter just because he decided they should also start looking for a body. Remember how she banned Jesse and Richard Grund from Caylee's funeral by sending them notarized letters informing them they would be arrested if they tried to attend?

I do have a little sympathy for George. He does appear to want to speak the truth. I think he could probably start healing and come to terms with this if he got out of that toxic relationship he has with his wife.

I've always believed the jury felt put upon, which Judge Perry encouraged by going above and beyond to accommodate them with nights out, the dessert lady, etc. I think when the pinheads got the case, they had one goal, which was to get back to Pinellas County stat, and the quickest route back was to ignore the evidence, say the state didn't provide its case, acquit the murdering witch, and quickly board the bus back home. Lazy, entitled, and eager to get home after all that "heavy lifting" they did serving on the jury. Pfft.

Yes, exactly. Someone mentioned the prof jury in major crime cases, like this. Could be a solution.

I have wishes for George and Cindy.
I wish that Cindy would stop being so awful to George, or, I wish that George can find the strength to straight up leave her.
At this point, 10 years later, they are still suffering with each other.
I blame a lot of that on Cindy.
I wish that they would buy a boat.
To live on.
Spend time with nature, and realize that their bond as a couple is stronger then their screwed up daughter.

Life is short. Do not let Anyone destroy yours.

Well George did buy a boat to search for missing children with.

It's a shame that they seem to have backpedaled. They sounded almost sane in this interview back in October of last year. Cindy was at least trying to blame everything on Casey's seizures and not some unknown mystery person who really made the suffocation searches.

Casey Anthony: Parents say grandson saved their lives

I guess it's a process.

Lee has the right idea though if he does indeed have nothing to do with Casey because he doesn't want to expose his family to her. Casey is undeniably toxic.

Last edited:
I used to live in Pinellas Park, FL about 11 years ago. My roommate was, and still is, a well-known stand-up comedian in the area. This weekend he performed his show at a local comedy club and tonight he posted about it on his Facebook page. This is what he posted:

"Coconuts asked me not to name the parents that were in the audience at my Friday night show. Chances are they have Google alerts for their daughter's name and it would be a shame if they felt betrayed and uncomfortable to go out to a comedy show in the future. Worse yet would be if they might misconstrue that I was saying anything negative about them. They were genuinely warm and kind to me. So I will not mention them by name, and I will delete any comments that mention them or their daughter by name.
Having said that, let me tell you, it isn't very often that you have a very recognizable, grey haired father of an Orlando woman who was acquitted of murdering her daughter in the audience.
I recognized him while talking to them from the stage. For a fleeting moment, I considered reacting to who he was, but decided that nothing good could possibly come from that. It would do nothing but make him uncomfortable and create tension with the rest of the audience. Instead I allowed them to remain, just George, and his lovely wife of 38 years, Cindy.
I will admit that during the middle of my set, I lost the attention of a party of 13 for a joke or two. They told me, after the show, that they had also recognized George, and were texting google images to each other. Even the waitress at the end of the night said that she was really close to telling the couple that they looked really familiar and she was glad she didn't.
Leaving the show, George and Cindy told me they had a very good time. He told me that they really needed to laugh and thanked me.
I went home cringing about the references to rotting corpses and finding dead bodies that I had done in my set. But I found some comfort in the fact that no matter what I talked about on stage, nothing probably made them more uncomfortable than Bill Bull Ohse bragging about how wonderful it is to have a granddaughter.
I'm just glad Catherine Maloney wasn't there to do her bit about how horrible it is to look like their daughter."

That recent interview and licensing fees for photos must have paid VERY well. I'm sure the first thing they did with the money was to pay their mortgage up current, and then they even had enough left over for a night of dinner, drinks and a comedy show! Who says crime doesn't pay?

I think deep in her heart Cindy knows Casey is responsible (either through neglect or something she specifically did) for Caylee's death, but if she says so she loses all chance of ever regaining a relationship with Casey. She had kept all the texts between her and Casey and when she talked about the few times they've spoken over the past ten years I could tell how much she longs to be able to talk to her regularly.

I don't have children so I can't say for sure how I would feel in Cindy's shoes. Would I still love my child if she committed murder? Yes. I wouldn't understand it or condone it but I'd still love her. Would I still love my child if she caused the death of my grandchild? Would I want to have a relationship? Maybe so, simply because I don't know if I'd be able to stop loving my child no matter what.

The moms of serial killers, Ted Bundy's mom for example, loved them til the end even though they couldn't understand or quite believe their child was a monster. And maybe the guilt of thinking, "Did I cause my child to be this way?" won't allow them to let go.

As a mom I would most definitely say whatever it is I felt I needed to say to keep my daughter out of prison but then she'd be taken to the nearest psych ward and I'd spend my life savings trying to get her cured of whatever mental illness brought us to that moment. I'd also never show my face on tv again.

Cindy knows whats up - she knew before she dialed 911.

I feel like when people judge Cindy, they forget there's all the years that existed before Caylee's murder that fuel the crazy words that come out of her mouth. She loved Casey for 20+ years like she loved Caylee and no one can deny she loved Caylee - that's apparent with both Cindy and George in the little play area they made for her in the backyard and all the nice things they bought for her room etc. Cindy can remember giving birth to Casey, teaching her to walk, feeding her bananas, riding a bike with her, buying tap shoes, her first crush on a boy, going on the merry go round ....all the normal things parents do with their kids. That same cute little girl couldn't have possibly killed her child - it's completely unfathomable to Cindy. Though she knows it to be true, she can't accept it. Sue Klebold (Columbine) has an amazing Ted talk (it's online) that touches on loving her son even though he killed all those children in his school. She doesn't know the murderer that we all know...she knows someone else and she doesn't want to be ashamed to love him. Because he was her beloved son. Cindy doesn't know the murderer either...The problem with Cindy is that she hasn't gone on with her life, neither of them have. Cindy is an open wound and instead of coming to terms with it all, she's hiding behind denial.

I just cannot help but feel sorry for Cindy and George Anthony.
It is almost like the movie "The Matrix".
Where you see your life, one way, only to discover that it is all a ruse.

Yes, I feel sorry for both of them.
For Casey Anthony? No.
What a nightmare daughter she is.

And. Still continues to be.
For me. I would consider a daughter like Casey Anthony...dead.
Period.
Life is too short to let anyone-including one of your children destroy it.
I believe in boundries.
There are certain boundries that you are not allowed to cross.
One of them, is accusing your father of rape to attempt to get off of a murder charge.

Nope. Cindy allowing this, makes my blood boil.
George, being so weak makes me want to slap him.

That's all.

Until Cindy lets go of what she thought was reality and this perfect, “normal” life she thought she had, she’s never gonna be able to move on and let go. Even before Caylee was born, they all lived in this fantasy world. It just makes me so mad that even now she’s still making excuses for her disgrace of a daughter. I know she doesn’t want to see her only daughter as a murderer, but it’s reality. Casey killed Caylee. There’s no ifs/ands/but’s about it. She was tired of being a parent, and she was jealous of the relationship that her parents had with Caylee. It’s not hard to see that once Caylee was born, all C and G’s love went to that little girl. While I understand Cindy’s longing of having a relationship with Casey, it just isn’t plausible. Casey, in the end, got everything she wanted. No more kid. Killing said kid and getting away with it. The freedom to do whatever she wants. And yet in all of it, because G and C can’t seem to move past all of this, Casey still has control over them. She knows that as long as she dangles a bone in front of Cindy, that she has control. She knows her mom wants a relationship with her and she will do whatever she can to keep her mom at an arms length away. It’s all about control for both women. And that’s driving Cindy insane. She has no control over Casey anymore. None. Zilch. Nada. And for a control freak like Cindy, THAT is what’s killing her. Not that she MISSES Casey per say, it’s that she can’t CONTROL Casey. And she’s losing control over George. The moment that George started to realize Casey WAS the bad guy, everything started slipping for Cindy. And she’s trying her damnest to keep her claws in.

Ok, so she can't admit that Casey killed Caylee for whatever reason, whether it is because she wants a relationship with her (why?) or she doesn't want to admit that her daughter is a murderer (tough). But, who is in Caylee's corner? Who is going to stand up and say "Casey is a murderer, she deserves every bad thing that happens to her and I will hate her for the rest of my life for killing my Granddaughter". Neither of them, apparently. It's all well and good clinging onto a relationship with your daughter, and not wanting your kid to go to jail, but isn't there a time where you have to admit that your child is the devil, she did awful, terrible things and she does not deserve love from us (not me, but her parents).

Until Cindy lets go of what she thought was reality and this perfect, “normal” life she thought she had, she’s never gonna be able to move on and let go. Even before Caylee was born, they all lived in this fantasy world. It just makes me so mad that even now she’s still making excuses for her disgrace of a daughter. I know she doesn’t want to see her only daughter as a murderer, but it’s reality. Casey killed Caylee. There’s no ifs/ands/but’s about it. She was tired of being a parent, and she was jealous of the relationship that her parents had with Caylee. It’s not hard to see that once Caylee was born, all C and G’s love went to that little girl. While I understand Cindy’s longing of having a relationship with Casey, it just isn’t plausible. Casey, in the end, got everything she wanted. No more kid. Killing said kid and getting away with it. The freedom to do whatever she wants. And yet in all of it, because G and C can’t seem to move past all of this, Casey still has control over them. She knows that as long as she dangles a bone in front of Cindy, that she has control. She knows her mom wants a relationship with her and she will do whatever she can to keep her mom at an arms length away. It’s all about control for both women. And that’s driving Cindy insane. She has no control over Casey anymore. None. Zilch. Nada. And for a control freak like Cindy, THAT is what’s killing her. Not that she MISSES Casey per say, it’s that she can’t CONTROL Casey. And she’s losing control over George. The moment that George started to realize Casey WAS the bad guy, everything started slipping for Cindy. And she’s trying her damnest to keep her claws in.

Yeah. Cindy was in denial long before Casey killed Caylee. She knew Casey wasn't working and stopped George from confronting Casey about the fact. Casey was stealing thousands of dollars from her and she did nothing about it. Casey stole from her mother and sick father and Cindy did nothing to stop her. What she did was warn Casey's friends Casey was a sociopath, say toxic things to Casey like calling Caylee a mistake and belittling her, and (if the rumors are to be believed) strangle Casey rather than allow Shirley to call the police and report her after Casey stole from them a second time.

What Casey never had to face were consequences for her actions. They knew that Casey probably shouldn't have custody of Caylee and they handled it with nothing more than impotent threats that it seemed Cindy had no real intention of following through on. She was just using them as leverage to keep Casey under her thumb.

Caylee was probably in danger from the minute that Cindy threatened to take custody of her away from Casey. Giving Cindy custody and taking off would have been the easy thing to do, but male eraser killers would rather murder their wives than simply divorce them. They do not want to concede any of their assets to the person they've targeted as being in the way. They don't want to share half of everything they own, they don't want to lose the esteem of their in laws or take a hit to their reputation.

Casey wasn't going to let Caylee have Cindy and George's love and everything else that she felt that she herself deserved while she got kicked to the curb.

Cindy knows Casey is guilty of throwing that baby away- and she has always known it and hated Casey for it, her anger was palpable, she just can not bring herself to admit she gave birth to a monster.

What’s worse is that I don’t think she gave birth to a monster...she created the monster herself as she raised her!

I feel like Caylee was a “do-over” for Cindy and maybe for George. I believe they loved her for herself but she was also someone who could grow up to be the daughter Casey failed to be. They diverted all their love and attention to Caylee while their relationship with Casey continued to be ugly and contentious and enabling. And there definitely seemed to be a tug-of-was for control of that poor baby. Cindy probably had some fair reasons for wanting to win. Casey just could not bear to lose to her mom.

For some reason I don’t have a quote button today but responding to the post about the comedy club: is that comedian saying he did bits that referenced rotting corpses and murder and that the Anthonys claimed they had a good time??!! JFC.

Also if my son killed one of his children and lied and showed no remorse for it and otherwise careened through life like a sociopath, you’d better believe he would be dead to his dad and me.

Last edited:
I feel like Caylee was a “do-over” for Cindy and maybe for George. I believe they loved her for herself but she was also someone who could grow up to be the daughter Casey failed to be. They diverted all their love and attention to Caylee while their relationship with Casey continued to be ugly and contentious and enabling. And there definitely seemed to be a tug-of-was for control of that poor baby. Cindy probably had some fair reasons for wanting to win. Casey just could not bear to lose to her mom.

For some reason I don’t have a quote button today but responding to the post about the comedy club: is that comedian saying he did bits that referenced rotting corpses and murder and that the Anthonys claimed they had a good time??!! JFC.

Also if my son killed one of his children and lied and showed no remorse for it and otherwise careened through life like a sociopath, you’d better believe he would be dead to his dad and me.

BBM. This. all of this. Yes.

There is nothing George or Cindy could do to stop their daughter from killing the baby. They tried everything they knew, but she is a psycho.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back