A Masterpiece of Misdirection

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ya ....... snarly.

I had not seem the LKL interviews til this year, and I was suprised at how raw the Rs came off,
I don't know what I expected to see, I understand they were in a pressure cooker .... they seemed off kilter.

That's ONE way to say it!

She means the statements the Rs made about THEM. Stuff about how Shirley Temple was more of a man than Bill, just off the top of my head.

Grrrrrr! I didn't know that. That's really upsetting :(

If they wanted to pin the crime on him, though, they should have done their homework before making comments about his sexuality: paedophilia is much less common among homosexuals than among heterosexuals.

Just to re-up in case the people I intended this one for actually decide to have a go at it.

i don't know. But that was not my point. My point is the idea of blaming a foreign faction and someone close is not contradictory, as some would have you think.

My choice of thread title was actually meant sarcastically. As my friend blackadder says, "of course, it's not very clever. But whomever wrote it certainly thought it was very clever at the time." (that one's for you, sophie!)

:) lol. Sorry for late reply, Dave: just catching up properly now.

Well, this one didn't go quite the way I wanted.

I think it sort of got hijacked by the Star Wars RN threads, Dave. Which is a pity since there was some good mileage in this.

I can't remember where we were discussing this so I'll put it here in the hope that it brings people back onto Dave's thread. This note was prepared by someone with knowledge of statistics and, while I am sure there are holes to be picked in it, it does demonstrate some of the amazing work people have put into this case.

Ransom Note Probability: http://gemart.8m.com/ramsey/note/index.html

I think it sort of got hijacked by the Star Wars RN threads, Dave. Which is a pity since there was some good mileage in this.

I don't hold anyone to blame. It's just that there are times when I'm trying to be serious.

I enjoyed reading about the odds by using numbers....Now every way have been done and still comes up PR did write the RN....I don't understand how we have spin doctors in RDI....When really we do have more evidence in our favor.....

And wasn't one of the experts that said he couldn't really exclude PR as the RN writer,One of the R's experts just making sure here...

And wasn't one of the experts that said he couldn't really exclude PR as the RN writer,One of the R's experts just making sure here...

You got it, Ravyn.

Also, the main point of this was to reconcile two different ideas.

I can't remember where we were discussing this so I'll put it here in the hope that it brings people back onto Dave's thread. This note was prepared by someone with knowledge of statistics and, while I am sure there are holes to be picked in it, it does demonstrate some of the amazing work people have put into this case.

Ransom Note Probability: http://gemart.8m.com/ramsey/note/index.html

it's like hitting a 9+ number powerball.from the link:

Conclusion
If you haven't figured it all out yet, we can make it simple for you with the following statement:
The chances that during the next year - a girl between the ages of 5-14 who lives in Boulder, Colorado - will be killed by an unknown intruder who enters her home - and the intruder's handwriting will match nine characteristics in her mother's handwriting are:
[SIZE=+1]ONE in 55 MILLION[/SIZE]

I don't know. But that was not my point. My point is the idea of blaming a foreign faction AND someone close is NOT contradictory, as some would have you think.

Respectfully, it still seems contradictory to me.

I get the general idea of throwing anything and everything, and everyone, at the wall to see what sticks, but beyond that, it makes little sense.

I don't think intelligent people need to spend much time on the likelihood of a SFF plotting the death of a 6 year old. Access Graphics wasn't all that important a company to the US. JBR was unknown outside pageant circles.

More to the point, if the SFF needed a representative, why the housekeeper? What made them think she'd do it? Why would they need her anyway?

The idea that the housekeeper had a role, yet was representing a SFF is preposterous. Better had the RN author gone with one or the other.

From a throw things at the wall and see what sticks perspective, it makes sense, but otherwise it seems contradictory to me.

And I still wonder why the letter came after PR died...So in a way ML could be saying the killer is gone and let the rest that was blamed be....Doubt it but possible....

And I still wonder why the letter came after PR died...So in a way ML could be saying the killer is gone and let the rest that was blamed be....Doubt it but possible....

I believe the letter had nothing to do with PR's death. Instead, there was an ongoing DNA investigation. This being a DNA case and all. There was a DNA study done at Bode where skin cell DNA found on JBR's longjohns matched the CODIS profile. It represents the first match to the CODIS DNA profile ever found.

JBR would be very happy to know her parents were finally cleared publicly. There will always be some die hards.

But when was the longjohns sent to Bode....Before or after PR died...I'm the one that don't trust the media....I have read different dates on this....

But when was the longjohns sent to Bode....Before or after PR died...I'm the one that don't trust the media....I have read different dates on this....
Pretty sure it was in the year following her death.
"In October of 2007, we decided to pursue the possibility of submitting additional items from the JonBenet Ramsey homicide to be examined using this methodology."
http://cbs4denver.com/local/ramsey.jonbenet.dna.2.767137.html

So DA Lacy said more items but the longjohns was the only thing that was used....Now I'm I suppose to believe this intruder just left evidence on the longjohns and not the cord,tape or the garrote.....So Lacy job was to cover the place where JR touched by eye witness accounts....And so the testing came to play cause Lacy would not be in office to much longer....I wonder back then if someone knew Stan Garrett would be running for that office.....Doubt the last part but just curious....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back