A message to us from Rosemont Farms

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope Heather checks back into this page. I also hope she 1) fully documents the garbage thrown out on offending sites; 2) fully documents how that garbage affected her ability to advertise; 3) fully documents any loss of business due to her inability to advertise; and 4) finds a good libel attorney.

God bless you and your farm Heather. I am so sorry for what you are having to go through.

It's sure refreshing to have someone come out, tell the honest truth, and defend their innocence with a rational explanation of the minimal connection they have to this case.
I'm glad WS is being proactive in supporting this woman and her family's struggle to clear their reputation in the face of all the wild speculation out there.

I am sorry to hear that you have been effected by this case in this way. Hopefully the one who IS responsible for Kyron's disappearance will stand up and do the right thing to end this madness which has encompassed so many innocent people.

Hugs:rose:
Jo Ann aka miabellamoure

My heart goes out to you and your family. I am so very sorry to hear that these vicious and completely baseless rumors have been thoughtlessly created, spread and in turn affected your entire family and the generations worth of blood, sweat and tears that you all have put into running your farm.

The very thing that you all used in a positive way of advertising has been twisted and turned into speculation, then innuendo, and ending in bold faced lies that have negatively impacted you. For this I too am sorry that your family and business are having to deal with..

I hope that your words of truth continue getting out there and to the ears and eyes of those who have said and spread these hurtful lies may your words set them in the way of truth to no longer take part in spreading and further breeding the negativity that the hateful thrive on...

You and your family will be in my and my family prayers and may the Lord turn this into years of prosperity for you all..

Stay strong and a wonderful family such as yours will only grow stronger, more fruitful, and all the more wise for this heartache you are presently enduring..

I snipped the entire quote to save space; it is well worth reading!

Heather, I am so sorry you've been dragged into this mess and in such a tenuous manner.

Unlike your family, I came to farm living relatively late in life; I knew I wanted to live on a farm by the time I was eight years old but it took another 30+ years to make it happen.

I live in the midwest and we're kinda different from people on either coast. But some things, I believe, remain the same. Out here in the big sky states, we're big on keeping our mouths shut and our heads high.

What I have learned is that my neighbours care. I am sure your neighbours care as well. You may not see what they do, like the guy down the road who gives the media reporter the "are you INSANE???" stare before turning away without a comment on your family. Or the lady who tells her church group that she has always found your kids charming and well brought up, so she is sure all that stuff in the news is just wrong.

And eventually, this too shall pass. There will be scary moments, there will be moments full of frustration, maybe even a few moments of tears carefully hidden from the kids. But you will get through this.

And if Oregon farmers are like midwest farmers, in ten years or less you'll be laughing heartily over all the city folk who never realised that pigs are omnivores.

They'd faint if they knew what chickens like to eat. <<<LOL>>>

Please note that I have been in email communication with Heather for a few days now. She has been verified. We went back and forth about her posting this information. She was hoping the rumors would go away on the internet, but they are not.

She came to Websleuths because we are a class act and she felt she could trust us not to start more rumors. I am very proud of all of you for making her feel we could keep our heads on straight! :grouphug:
So?
It is best to try and ignore adverse comments and rumors.
I know it is hard to do but, otherwise a person can go crazy with anger and all that goes with it.
I blame a certain [unusual person] for it all really...:innocent:

I'm more of a reader than a poster, but I totally understand how rumors can get out of control, all it takes is one. I live in Central Oregon and was raised in Portland, I have known of your farm for awhile. Just want to say so sorry, your family has become part of this. I hope you can get past this and only wish you and your family the best. I pray for Kyron to come home safe to his family everyday. Unfortunately, I feel we will not learn the whole truth until Kyron is found.

What a sobering experience for everyone. I am so very sorry that this family has had to endure such a thing. Heather's heartfelt explanation and reaching out to WS'rs to help squelch this vicious rumormill will have a undoubtedly have a longterm postive impact for this family farm, IMO! Her words are so descriptive (as well as genuine and kind) of how much the farm means to their family - a true breath of fresh air in this horrible case.

Welcome Heather....

I am so sorry for the pain you and your family are enduring because of unfair rumors.

Thank you so much for posting with us and letting us hear from you.

Hugs!

I've just got one thing to say.

Mmmmmmmmmm bacon.

Thank you, Heather. Many blessings to you and family.

Heather if you are reading here or better yet, join us and post - but, I went to the local harvest link but it looks like all the items in the shop are from other members. I wanted to get something farm fresh from your store to try to help in some small way to make up for your loss - but I can't find anything that is yours :-(( So, hang in there this will be over soon and hopefully so will your life and even the pigs lives!

I think Heather's done the best thing she can do by coming here and getting it straight.I read about her farm the night we heard about Dede,I love family farms.It will all work itself out.

If it makes you feel any better, Heather, I have been closely following this case, through media reports and the discussions on Websleuths, and have not encountered *any* horrible rumors about your farm. Although I do not claim to read EVERY message posted on Websleuths, the most I have seen is speculation about whether, perhaps, your farm was the location where DS was working on June 4. Nothing at all negative about you, your farm, or possible involvement in whatever crime may have been committed.

I am aware, however, that around the internet in general there are wild, outlandish rumors and horrible slander and trashing of individuals based on nothing but people's desire to lash out. So I appreciate your caution about posting detailed information about someone who is only tangentially related to a case.

I hope your customer base will stick with you and all of this stupidity will die down soon.

If it makes you feel any better, Heather, I have been closely following this case, through media reports and the discussions on Websleuths, and have not encountered *any* horrible rumors about your farm. Although I do not claim to read EVERY message posted on Websleuths, the most I have seen is speculation about whether, perhaps, your farm was the location where DS was working on June 4. Nothing at all negative about you, your farm, or possible involvement in whatever crime may have been committed.

I am aware, however, that around the internet in general there are wild, outlandish rumors and horrible slander and trashing of individuals based on nothing but people's desire to lash out. So I appreciate your caution about posting detailed information about someone who is only tangentially related to a case.

I hope your customer base will stick with you and all of this stupidity will die down soon.

Heather, I haven't heard anything anything either. I echo Etilema's sentiments. I hope this dies down and your family can again enjoy your farm and peace and quiet.

Hello Heather,

There is no better way to fight fire than with fire. Words of truth are able to dispel rumor.

You wrote:
>>Our name and address have been associated with horrible untrue accusations...which has led to us losing the ONLY way we advertise through sites like Twitter, Facebook, our blog, Local Harvest etc.<<

I might suggest that you get your fire out there... Twitter, Facebook and Blog the web address to your most complete rumor dispelling document -- if that is here at Websleuths, great... If it is elsewhere, great. If you could pin it up somewhere that people searching you out can find it GREAT!

Along the way of people hitting links looking for you, I sure as heck would make sure that I had something up that told the truth about my farm and the wonderful products to be enjoyed from it. I read one web page where "you" had written about raw goats milk, I believe. I don't know WHAT I would have done if I hadn't been able to find a farmer who could supply me with that 40 years ago when my doctor recommended I find it for my tiny baby girl who was not thriving on other products. There may also be people looking for that to make fresh goat cheese WOAH, did I have the best cheese I ever tasted recently called "Goatman."

So, LEMONADE? When you're given lemons, make lemonade, eh? I'd say that you don't have to lose your advertising! You will probably NEVER have the farm's name aired in so many places across the web. Through your post here, your farm's name has become synonymous with INTEGRITY! You are someone who:

a) wants to get the truth out there AND dispel rumor
b) who has the integrity to call in a tip to Law Enforcement (LE) immediately to help with a case
c) someone who has so nothing to hide that they offer LE to search their property should there be any reason to do so AND OF COURSE THERE WAS NO REASON

Oh...and I might add, someone who CARES so much about little boys that they would let them indulge themselves in the glory of mud play! Some people pay big money to indulge in mud!

Hmmm...does your farm do events? How about a huge "tug of war" with mud in the middle. How about a wonderful pit BarBQue? Charge a hefty X amount per head at the feast, with the profit going to a good cause? -- like maybe to help Desiree and Kaine defray some of the expenses they are suffering as victims of a crime or to an organization that helps find missing children? Hmmm... How about potato sack races through a muddy field :) Then maybe a FireTruck which can spray the muddy ones off -- or a huge geyser for the muddy ones to dance under and wash off?!

My feelings would be that you got thrust into the middle of this through NO FAULT of your own. I think you might use huge wisdom on how you let this be turned for good.

Found something. Not all are Bible readers, some are. I hope not to offend anyone, just sharing something I like:

>>Genesis 50:20 But as for you, ye thought evil against me; [but] God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as [it is] this day, to save much people alive.<<

God can take that which came to us, meant to harm us, and and turn it for MUCH good. YES!

Same here, I have no idea what this is all about.

ah yes... I'll echo the above two posts... I heard very little concerning your farm, didn't ever see your farm's name mentioned. I did see a post that mentioned boy + mud or some such, but didn't think much about it.

OH... And if there can be any laughter for you... I am turning 60 this year. When I was a small child, I remember other little children running around saying:

"Want to hear a joke?"

When you said "yes" -- they merely responded with:

"A boy fell in the mud!"

We would all howl over the thought.

Hello Heather,

So, LEMONADE? When you're given lemons, make lemonade, eh? I'd say that you don't have to lose your advertising! You will probably NEVER have the farm's name aired in so many places across the web. Through your post here, your farm's name has become synonymous with INTEGRITY! You are someone who:

a) wants to get the truth out there AND dispel rumor
b) who has the integrity to call in a tip to Law Enforcement (LE) immediately to help with a case
c) someone who has so nothing to hide that they offer LE to search their property should there be any reason to do so AND OF COURSE THERE WAS NO REASON

Oh...and I might add, someone who CARES so much about little boys that they would let them indulge themselves in the glory of mud play! Some people pay big money to indulge in mud!

Hmmm...does your farm do events? How about a huge "tug of war" with mud in the middle. How about a wonderful pit BarBQue? Charge a hefty X amount per head at the feast, with the profit going to a good cause? -- like maybe to help Desiree and Kaine defray some of the expenses they are suffering as victims of a crime or to an organization that helps find missing children? Hmmm... How about potato sack races through a muddy field :) Then maybe a FireTruck which can spray the muddy ones off -- or a huge geyser for the muddy ones to dance under and wash off?!

I absolutely love this idea, and I think you should serve LEMONADE at the event. Call it "When Life Slings Mud at You, Make Lemonade" or something like that, but wittier. :winko:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back