A month later... where is Lisa? What is your opinion?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

One month into the investigation where do your thoughts lie? What happened to Lisa?

• I have no idea whatsoever

Votes: 39 8.9%
  • I am on the fence (meaning I have some thoughts one way and some thoughts another)

Votes: 95 21.7%
  • I think DB is responsible

Votes: 176 40.2%
  • I think JI is responsible

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • I think both parents are responsible

Votes: 67 15.3%
  • I think someone else familiar or known to the family is responsible

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • I think a stranger is responsible

Votes: 12 2.7%
  • other

Votes: 4 0.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I climbed back up on the fence and here I teeter not because I don't believe she may have been complicit but I'm beginning to sense others may also be covering up for whatever happened and I want to know why.
Either way I think mission is accomplished, drag feet and procrastinate long enough for what evidence there is to dissipate.
I don't have much faith in LE, LE should have given dad a LDT, their response seemed slow and they should have interviewed the boys.

I don't see this case concluding at the moment, just another one of our babies lost to lies and self interest.

me too.. and the recently overturned earth in the backyard.. along with what LE said today.. that they had recovered evidence of value to the investigation during their searches.

Can you link me to the overturned earth please. First time I hear there was overturned earth in the backyard. Thanks! :seeya:

But why would dad want to cover up the death of his own child? What would be in it for him?

Deborah could "have something on Jeremy" and has threatened to rat him out if he doesn't do what she wants. I apologize for sounding synical, but DB comes across as the playground bully from whom most would run at the first sign of trouble. jmo

Thanks! Reading that article just made me very sad. We really need to ask ourselves what in the world happened? The parents were so cooperative and then it all went down hill. Why?

But before the affidavit was released, a statement issued by Short's office insisted the parents had no role in the disappearance and disputed claims that the parents aren't cooperating with police. The statement said the parents have consented to "unfettered access" to their property and allowed police to take hair and other samples.

"They have taken all calls from detectives, and answered questions posed again and again," the statement read. "In the initial hours of the investigation, they tolerated accusations, volunteered to take polygraph examinations; continued to work with detectives even after the interviews turned into pointed accusations."

I still feel that DB has a lot more info than she is telling. I do not believe she was 'drunk' or at least to the point of passing out, etc. Whatever happened to that beautiful baby was covered quickly by her. (dog hit on her carpet)...and then looking at areas in the backyard several times? At this point I feel she had some help in that area: either JI or her brother? I pray I am wrong and little Lisa is found safe somewhere.

I also hope I'm wrong on this....I am so afraid this will end up a 'cold case' :( As with Caylee, but the time she was found, she was so deteriorated that there was no evidence. I live downstream from the river and it is muddy and flows quickly. IF someone made it to there with her?? I'm still wondering tho if she wasn't hidden briefly in the shed and then when the opportune time came, someone (maybe even DB herself) may have taken her and hid her elsewhere?

Regardless of my very mixed emotions, I'm praying that Lisa is in the safest spot for her....that may be with God.

I don't think that anyone had a chance to hide any body after LE became involved, I am sure they have been watched very closely. I think the body did go in the river and that it will never be found. I think the case is going to go cold unless a body if found or someone breaks. I don't know how long the media is going to stay there in MO but it won't be much longer and then I see this becoming icy.

The fact they never called Tim Miller tells me alot. I think that river looks very very fishy to me.

Tim Miller was here 4 years ago on the Jessie (& Chloe) Davis case. I think this "mystery benefactor" offering the reward, should have gotten a search & rescue team like Equusearch before a PI & lawyer from out of state, imo.

I didn't realize how close the river was until these videos from a fellow WebSleuther, indepmo - [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152627"]Link[/ame] - Post #1 is short version through neighborhood, Post #9 is a response to another member asking about the river. - Also included are where LE has searched 3 times and the dumpster fire.

Then there is People magazine 10/31 news stand edition, HLN tidbits & all the different timelines - back on the fence.

The new local lawyer, [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7318201&postcount=120"]MSM 11/4 thread [/ame]~pg#5, post#120 by Dr Fessel~ has been contacted and said no statements until the end of next week, :waitasec:Lisa's 1st birthday is next week.

Since first reading this case, I felt it could be a casual acquaintance of the family and that someone inside the house or another family member / friend knows what happened or where Lisa is.

For those of you following closely, have there been press conferences (since the first one) and/or statements, and how does DB sound? Is she pleading for whoever took her daughter to take care of her, feed her this, and not that, because she likes this, not that; asking whoever took her daugther to make sure she sees a dr, because she's sick; asking whoever took her daughter to sing this song, or do that thing, that brings her daughter comfort? Is she pleading for her child's return? I am not able to keep up with "media" side of this, so I don't know the answers to these questions. Knowing that would help me make a decision.

Thanks!
OG

Maybe so he wouldn't lose his son to his ex? If he was being very aggressive about custody of his son, I would think anything that might jeopardize that custody, he would cover up. I think that would be enough to motivate him to cover his own child's death. The court system is usually harder on dads than it is on moms.

I'm just not seeing that. I've never been through a custody battle, but if his girlfriend caused the baby's death while he was at work, I don't know why the courts would take his son away from him.

It seems to me that the urgency to call 911 for help during that crisis moment would outweigh a sudden fear that he would lose custody of his other child.

His behavior right now is odd, I admit that. I just don't think he helped cover up his baby's death.

Thanks! Reading that article just made me very sad. We really need to ask ourselves what in the world happened? The parents were so cooperative and then it all went down hill. Why?

I suspect DB has lied to LE from the beginning, so I cannot in anyway say I think she has been cooperative ever... Still don't know what to think about JI and/or his involvement but IMHO he hasn't seemed to be too cooperative either...JMHO..

Not necessarily. Wasn't Laci's body weighted down? So o/t, I know..

Im just guessing but 150 lbs or so vs. 30-40 lbs and a small body inside a canvas duffle bag? Also Scott did not take into consideration how that part of the ocean flowed and it took Lacy right back to the shore. I dont think this fast flowing deep river acts the same way but im just guessing?

I suspect DB has lied to LE from the beginning, so I cannot in anyway say I think she has been cooperative ever... Still don't know what to think about JI and/or his involvement but IMHO he hasn't seemed to be too cooperative either...JMHO..

If you read what the statement from LE said, they repeatedly answered questions and it seems they gave them access to the house so again, what happened to spark this feud between parents and LE?

Unfortunately, I think that Baby Lisa has been deceased since the night she “disappeared” and I think LE knows that. I believe DB accidently killed Baby Lisa in a drunken stupor/blackout and is now trying to cover her tracks with the assistance of JI.

Has it been stated what kind of anxiety medication she takes and how much? I read that she takes it every morning, so I doubt it’s Xanax or something similar, those types of meds aren’t usually taken on a daily basis unless the person has extreme anxiety. I’m guess it’s something more along the lines of Buspar, which you do have to take on a regular basis to keep it in your system. The reason I ask this is because it has been mentioned several times that DB’s state of intoxication could’ve been due to her drinking while taking an anti-anxiety medication but the effects are very dependant on what type of medication it is. Alcohol and Xanax can definitely cause extreme intoxication and blackouts. On the other hand, drinking while on a med like Buspar doesn’t really have much of an effect. I can speak from personal experience, I’ve taken both types of these meds and have drank on both. I became extremely intoxicated in a short time when I was on Xanax, blacked out and couldn’t remember anything to next day. With Buspar, I didn’t experience anything out of the ordinary.

I believe someone stated she is on Effexor....and you should never consume alcohol on anti-depressants or anti-anxiety meds. I was once on Zoloft and drank....I have no idea how much i consumed, I have no memory of finishing my first drink but have heard that I was quite lively (definately not myself). Sorry I don't have a link for the Effexor but I heard it here on Websleuths.

I am on the fence, but I really don't think Debbie or Jeremy had anything to do with Lisa's disappearance. I think that making a decision without all the facts is pointless and can be serious bad juju if you are wrong. It's better to give people the benefit of the doubt until there is proof that they did something. Once it's proven, the gloves are off, but till then, I don't want to take a chance on heaping more bad vibes onto people who are already hurting. JMO

What we know as facts:

Baby Lisa is missing.
Parents refuse to cooperate with LE.
Parents refuse to let their sons be questioned regarding the evening Baby Lisa disappeared.

So whether or not DB and/or JI had anything to do with the disappearance, they certainly don't seem to be concerned enough to want to get answers, IMHO.

If you read what the statement from LE said, they repeatedly answered questions and it seems they gave them access to the house so again, what happened to spark this feud between parents and LE?

Since the home belongs to JI, (I think that's been said to be the case), would DB even have a say on whether or not LE could have access to the home?

I think BL is dead. I think we have not heard enough about how sick Lisa was and this disturbs me. Babies can die from a cold with a cough. Babies can also die from over the counter medication, especially if it contains a cough suppressant. Was baby Lisa getting medication for her cold? Did she see a doctor for it? Was she vaccinated from birth? Was it just a cold?

I suspect LE didn't buy into what DB was attemting to sell them..
In reference to myself I am not going to put the blame on LE in this case... IMHO.. LE is doing everything within their power to find out what really happened to this child...IMHO..DB doesn't want to answer the hard questions, and doesn't want the truth revealed.. So IMHO thats whats has happened between the parents and LE.......JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl