A month later... where is Lisa? What is your opinion?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

One month into the investigation where do your thoughts lie? What happened to Lisa?

• I have no idea whatsoever

Votes: 39 8.9%
  • I am on the fence (meaning I have some thoughts one way and some thoughts another)

Votes: 95 21.7%
  • I think DB is responsible

Votes: 176 40.2%
  • I think JI is responsible

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • I think both parents are responsible

Votes: 67 15.3%
  • I think someone else familiar or known to the family is responsible

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • I think a stranger is responsible

Votes: 12 2.7%
  • other

Votes: 4 0.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it looks like a person carrying something over his left shoulder. The important thing, when you're dealing with something as vague as an enhanced image such as this one, is to stick with the generalities.

Correction: I meant right shoulder, not left. My apologies for the confusion.

I found this to be really interesting; so much so that I put the enlarged image into Photoshop and did a couple of enhancements. The first is a side-by-side of your enlarged image as it appears, and the same image with the custom sharpening feature in Photoshop used, with default settings. The second is the sharpened image with the application of contrast using the contrast feature. I do honestly believe that this person is carrying something across his right shoulder.

It looks like an alien holding a ready to be roasted chicken to me. Is this a Rorschach test? :crazy:

I have been gone for a few days, I come back to read and see a post that I go to quote and can't. I think the "blob" could be a troll. just sayin

Suppose it could be a bunny, but have not heard anyone reporting a missing bunny but did hear about a missing neighbor dog which was linked to JT and of course Lisa Irwin. White blob by a gas station that has a line of trees said to be by the bar named One Eyed Jacks---except the gas station by One Eyed Jacks has no line of trees, it's on a corner.

I thought the missing dog (Callie) was recovered at the pound the same day (Monday 10/3) as she was taken. Lisa was reported missing on Tuesday morning. I couldn't find anything that said when she was recovered, but here is the story. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QK91LdOmE40

Regarding the so-called "white blob" video... As someone mentioned, the FBI has sophisticated software that can possibly enhance the video dramatically.

NASA developed a software package called VISAR that was used by the FBI in the late 90s and early 2000s. I don't know if they still use that particular software but it was pretty impressive at the time. Of course, software only gets better with time so they may have something better now.

I'm not really sure what it is either, although it seems whatever is 'it' is not a part of someone's 'body'. The person is definitely carrying something, but that 'something' could be a baby, a backpack or a bag of potatoes for all we know.

Here is a link to an MSM source of the white blob video: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...station-surveillance-video-in-lisa-irwin-case

A truck drives right past the blob at the end of the clip.

Thanks for the link. I had discounted the blob before I saw the enhanced picture, so it was good to see the actual footage again. I still see nothing important in the video. Even knowing what the person is supposedly carrying, I don't see anything but a blob. If the enhanced picture is real though, then I have to assume that LE has enhanced the video and seen similar things (if not better).

My big question is how and why did LE become aware of this video? I know that the media released it, but LE said immediately that they knew of it. Like the wine-purchase video, I suspect that LE found and copied the video first, and then the owner or manager released (or sold) it to the media.

So, did someone at the station SEE the guy and something caught his attention in retrospect? Or was LE using it to verify someone's alibi? I can't imagine that LE would have just pulled every security cam in the whole area and watched them from 10:30 - 3:30 (or later). That would be a lot of manpower. So why did they zone in on THIS gas station and this guy?

Thanks for the link. I had discounted the blob before I saw the enhanced picture, so it was good to see the actual footage again. I still see nothing important in the video. Even knowing what the person is supposedly carrying, I don't see anything but a blob. If the enhanced picture is real though, then I have to assume that LE has enhanced the video and seen similar things (if not better).

My big question is how and why did LE become aware of this video? I know that the media released it, but LE said immediately that they knew of it. Like the wine-purchase video, I suspect that LE found and copied the video first, and then the owner or manager released (or sold) it to the media.

So, did someone at the station SEE the guy and something caught his attention in retrospect? Or was LE using it to verify someone's alibi? I can't imagine that LE would have just pulled every security cam in the whole area and watched them from 10:30 - 3:30 (or later). That would be a lot of manpower. So why did they zone in on THIS gas station and this guy?
I do know they were pulling video, but I think they were looking for particular vehicles at the time and this 'blob' was just an added bonus. What it means, I dunno. Could be something big, could be nothing. Pulling cams in the IMMEDIATE area is not a big job as there aren't a lot of cameras in the very close proximity. This particular one would be one of the first logical ones to look at around here.

I thought the missing dog (Callie) was recovered at the pound the same day (Monday 10/3) as she was taken. Lisa was reported missing on Tuesday morning. I couldn't find anything that said when she was recovered, but here is the story. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QK91LdOmE40

BBM Why would someone take a dog? What was the motive behind that? If 'someone' would take a dog, taking a baby is not that far a stretch.

Who took the dog? Who took Lisa?

I believe that Lisa was abducted. Was she killed/sold/a trafficking victim?

BBM Why would someone take a dog? What was the motive behind that? If 'someone' would take a dog, taking a baby is not that far a stretch.

Who took the dog? Who took Lisa?

I believe that Lisa was abducted. Was she killed/sold/a trafficking victim?

Do we know that the dog was abducted vs. being picked up because it was running loose? I haven't been able to pin that down. From the clip posted above, I am left to wonder if maybe the "someone" was either playing with the dog or trying to get it to go back to its own yard or something.

I love my pets. They are members of my family and I would fight to the death to protect them. But they aren't humans, and I can't make the leap that someone who would take a dog would also be likely to take a baby. First, there's the obvious that one is human and the other isn't. Second, the consequences for stealing a dog (considered property) vs. abducting a human being are worlds apart (a probable very light sentence, if not probation vs. potentially spending most of one's life in prison).

If someone tortured or killed an animal, I'd be right there with you. We know where that leads. But otherwise, I think it is a stretch to equate the capacity to steal a dog with the capacity to kidnap a human being.

Do we know that the dog was abducted vs. being picked up because it was running loose? I haven't been able to pin that down. From the clip posted above, I am left to wonder if maybe the "someone" was either playing with the dog or trying to get it to go back to its own yard or something.

I love my pets. They are members of my family and I would fight to the death to protect them. But they aren't humans, and I can't make the leap that someone who would take a dog would also be likely to take a baby. First, there's the obvious that one is human and the other isn't. Second, the consequences for stealing a dog (considered property) vs. abducting a human being are worlds apart (a probable very light sentence, if not probation vs. potentially spending most of one's life in prison).

If someone tortured or killed an animal, I'd be right there with you. We know where that leads. But otherwise, I think it is a stretch to equate the capacity to steal a dog with the capacity to kidnap a human being.

Two ways I could see this going is if the dog thief was either crazy or a serious druggie. If crazy then stealing a baby or stealing a dog might be equal in his mind and has some purpose that none of us will ever know.

If a druggie, maybe he tried to sell the dog for drug money, but the buyer wasn't interested - but said he would be interested in a baby. In that case, the druggie could have stalked a house, broken in (especially if he is a skilled burglar), snatched cell phones (which could be useful or maybe sold too) and gotten out of Dodge carrying the baby. Maybe he didn't have a ride, and figured he would call someone to come pick him up, but the stolen phone didn't work, so he had to walk around for a while till he managed to hook up with the baby-buyer. or NOT! We just don't know. ;)

Karmaa, I agree to a point. In all the "what-ifs" in the universe, virtually nothing is impossible. But in this instance, I'd have to first know that the dog was actually stolen. Then I'd have to know that person X stole it. Then I'd still need something other than his being a shady character before I believe he's involved in abducting Lisa.

If it should turn out he stole the phones (no indication of that whatsoever at this point), I definitely would be more suspicious of him. For that matter, of anyone who ends up connected to the alleged phone theft.

I like to think outside the box and consider the possibilities, but I could apply an unending list of what-ifs to so many in this case, especially the mother, and maybe reach wrong or unfair conclusions because of it.

I think we know far less in this case than in others we've followed, and there's been nothing new for weeks. It's hard not to go down the what-if road when we have nothing else to go on. Believe me, I've come up with a few theories that I wouldn't dare post. :innocent:

It would be ever so helpful if LE would debunk whatever they can, but I guess the dilemma with that is that whatever doesn't get debunked would by default be assumed to be factual, possibly making things even worse.

One theory about the dog is that the abductor took it so that it wouldn't bark when the abductor made his/her way through the sprinkler house's yard toward the townhouses.

The dog was MH's and she lives next to the sprinkler house.

One theory about the dog is that the abductor took it so that it wouldn't bark when the abductor made his/her way through the sprinkler house's yard toward the townhouses.

The dog was MH's and she lives next to the sprinkler house.

If that theory was correct, then the kidnapping would have had to be premeditated, since the dog was gone on Monday, and Lisa disappeared on Tuesday (early am).

The other neighbor seems to be saying that she SAW Jersey following the dog around (whatever THAT means - wouldn't that be seen as really ODD - if you saw a grown man stalking a little dog?) and then the dog was missing. It's not proof, for sure - but it's pretty darned suspicious. It was very likely stolen, and not just a wander-off, because it was found over a mile away later that day. A little dog with no history of running off would just not likely go that far, that fast. We don't know if the dog was a perpetual wanderer, but her owner was pretty adamant that the dog was stolen (not just lost) and that Jersey stole her.

If that theory was correct, then the kidnapping would have had to be premeditated, since the dog was gone on Monday, and Lisa disappeared on Tuesday (early am).

The other neighbor seems to be saying that she SAW Jersey following the dog around (whatever THAT means - wouldn't that be seen as really ODD - if you saw a grown man stalking a little dog?) and then the dog was missing. It's not proof, for sure - but it's pretty darned suspicious. It was very likely stolen, and not just a wander-off, because it was found over a mile away later that day. A little dog with no history of running off would just not likely go that far, that fast. We don't know if the dog was a perpetual wanderer, but her owner was pretty adamant that the dog was stolen (not just lost) and that Jersey stole her.

When i watched the video i got the impression that jersey was chasing the dog off ...following it making sure it was going the opposite way from home..IMO thats how i understood it to mean

When i watched the video i got the impression that jersey was chasing the dog off ...following it making sure it was going the opposite way from home..IMO thats how i understood it to mean

Same here.

i hope we get some news soon :( so sad that we haven't needed a MSM thread for a while.

Lisa disappeared on Tuesday (early am)? Really did not know that the time had been established.

Lisa disappeared on Tuesday (early am)? Really did not know that the time had been established.

You are right, that was sloppy of me. I should have said: "sometime between late Monday night and early Tuesday morning", but I guess I figured that everyone would get the idea. The point was that the dog was missing and (presumably) returned before Lisa went missing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plaguedoverlord