A PHOTO OF JMK in Georgia on 12-25-96 !!!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am the official picture-taker of my whole family....those under my roof and extended. I've always been the one out of all of them that had the more decent of all the cameras at a family gathering. Therefore, out of 100 photos I can probably find myself in maybe 5 or 6 of those 100 photos.

The first 6 years of married life I dutifully got back my pictures from K-mart or Gemco and placed them lovingly in a photo album and using a felt-tip pen titled the top of each page of the album with the date and maybe a notation about what the pictures were about.
Somewhere going into the 7th year of marriage and the 4th child, photos got developed (well, most of the time) but there was just no time to place them in order in an album. I would get the pictures back in a tall paper envelope and inside that envelope were two other envelopes....one contained the developed photos and the other contained the negatives. When I would get those envelopes of developed photos they went wherever they fit....drawers, shoe boxes, moving boxes, under sofa cushions, stuck in a bookcase between a couple hundred books.

In my tenth year of marriage my mother gave me her large hope chest. Perfect! I spent a day gathering up all the photos all over the house and attic and piled them in the hope chest. No rhyme or reason, just piled and packed in there and closed the lid.

Back in 2002, my sister decided to get crafty and got into scrapbooking and stamping. There were photos she wanted that I had. It was a huge task to now put all the photos together by year as I had removed many of the photos from the original envelope to make more room in the hope chest.
I would find Photo A and once we established that it was of a certain year; of Christmas of '88, we'd take note of what all the kids in the photo were wearing then go about looking for all the photos that matched. Even if there wasn't a Christmas Tree or other Christmas decoration in the photo, we could tell it went with the others because of the clothing of all the kids in the photos. We'd do the same for birthday photos...there was at least one photo of the cake and people surrounding the cake were wearing certain clothing.

All this to say, it's not hard to match up photos to the year they were taken once you have the first one as a reference. It's much less time consuming than I thought it would be. So, what's the hold-up with MK's x-wife...unless, there is no photo?

And yes, unfortunately I'm still as UNorganized today as I was back then.:eek:

Does every family take pictures every Christmas year?

I have 3 children and three grandchildren and only have pictures of my kids from 4 Christmas's. There is not a picture of my ex or me in existance with a Christmas tree or package.

Maybe how often families take pictures depends upon social status or what people where you live commonly do. But, my experience is that someone with the kind of background in the community where JK grew up might be with his family on Christmas and still not be in a picture.

JDB, Patsy never said she heard an actual scream. She said she had "flashbacks" of JonBenet screaming--but she never heard any actual scream. A neighbor heard a scream (probably JonBenet, you would think) that night, but no one in the house heard anything or woke up--according to their testimony.

Jolynna, my husband's family takes NO photos. They do not seem to believe in cameras.

My family, on the other hand--even the spouses--are camera fiends. I have one picture of the picture-takers at Christmas--there are FIVE of them, faces obscured, cameras clicking.

Jolynna said:
Does every family take pictures every Christmas year?

I have 3 children and three grandchildren and only have pictures of my kids from 4 Christmas's. There is not a picture of my ex or me in existance with a Christmas tree or package.

Maybe how often families take pictures depends upon social status or what people where you live commonly do. But, my experience is that someone with the kind of background in the community where JK grew up might be with his family on Christmas and still not be in a picture.
The strange thing here is that someone submitted a videotape from 8/24/92 to the National Enquirer which shows JMK with family members. And there is another video of him sitting with a guitar, singing. So, with that in mind, one would assume there would be photos since he wasn't "camera shy".
:)

Jolynna,
Some families are not picture-takers. No big. If it weren't for me and a couple other family members with their little Instamatics, there wouldn't be any photos to preserve our little family history and nobody else feels the need or can understand why it's important to me. I feel the need. Why? Dunno. *shrugs shoulders icon here*

When my husband's niece passed away at 13, I wanted to create a little collage of pictures of her growing up, in a frame to sit next to the guest book at the funeral home.
It was a lesson in frustration trying to find someone with pictures of her! Her parents, her Godparents, her Aunts and Uncles, between all of them we came up with a total of 13 photos (4 of those were from my own stash) and two of those couldn't be used.
It's just not a big deal in my husband's family to take pictures.

I like pulling out a picture of my daughter when she was 7 standing next to her birthday cake and comparing it with a photo I have of my Granddaughter (my daughter's daughter) when she was 7 standing next to her birthday cake.
Every once in awhile I'll have one of those melancholy days and slowly flip through my albums as I take a leisurely stroll down memory lane.
Others in my family don't find it fun at all, in fact, they find it rather boring to pour through old family photos.
It's whatever trips yer trigger. Neither is right or wrong.

Texana,
I have one picture of the picture-takers at Christmas--there are FIVE of them, faces obscured, cameras clicking.
This is Perfect! I am going to steal it from you and do it the next family gathering...three Instamatics and my little digi cam. Hey, at least I'll be in a couple of the photos. Thank you!!!

As I said, I have Christmas pictures of my kids for 4 different years.

But that doesn't mean they were not with me or their dad any of the other years we did not take pictures.

Not being in a picture over a particular Christmas can be for reasons other than camera shyness. I wasn't in any pictures because I took the pictures. My ex wasn't in any because I thought the kids were cuter.

It seems that different people do not all celebrate holidays the same way. And that we perceive whether or not it is unusual for a man to not be with his family on Christmas day or for there not to be a Christmas picture based on our own experiences.

Which means that potential jurors should be asked about their family's Christmas customs as part of their screening, maybe????

shoe_horn said:
I say this because we all that the DNA is crap. It contaminated and degraded. We all know that the DNA on the underwear (previously shiped as wrapped) could have been from factory worker at the underwear manufacturing plant.
If they can run it through the database every week, it isn't degraded. End of story.

LovelyPigeon said:
Not I. I don't think the DNA is crap. There are enough markers to be included in the CODIS data bank, where the minimum required is 10 markers. The still-unidentified male DNA in the Ramsey case is potentially excellent evidence against her murderer.

The male DNA found under JonBenét's fingernails is also consistent with the male DNA found in blood spots in her panties.

I think the presence of male DNA under a murdered, sexually assaulted child's nails and in blood on her underwear is related to the crime.

Just the highlighted part, LP. I have never heard this before. I'm sure you can provide a source, though. Thanks.

Thats our Elberthe for you! I like that ;}

Scandi

SleuthingSleuth said:
Well, photos aside...the prosecution still has to actually place him in Boulder themselves.

Even if Karr wasn't with his family on Christmas in 1996...he could have laying in some field dead drunk for all anyone knows.

However, I still don't know why his family would be so insistent he was with them, if in fact he was not.

And as well...according to Karr, it wasn't a "one fly up and fly back down" scenario...he places himself in Boulder a full 3 days before the day of the murder.
Someone has come forward stating that he was on a bus at xmas time between Boulder and Denver and recalls a strange man who he thinks resembles Karr. Caught part of it on CNN. This person states he asked the guy for a light for a cigarrette and the guy gave a weird response. The man also states he has told the police about this. It will be interesting to see if others can recall him being on the bus and if the bus line has any record of Karr buying tickets. This would eliminate the Karr family xmas scenario if true.

first off i'd like to say wow! great sensationalistic headline to get readers lol. you got me, i thought a picture was found.

secondly, if someone could indulge me with some info, what source of male dna could have been mixed with jonbenet's tiny speck of blood on her panties. would this be saliva, skin, semen, sweat? anyone know exactly what the source was, or rather IF the source was identified.

maybe she was a chimera. had two sets of dna lol. no that's bad i'm sorry. poor taste. been up too late and i have a morbid sense of humor. i should just erase this whole paragraph. i'm frustrated.
emotbanghead.gif

as for the pictures. crazily enough all our 1996 pictures were taken by one person who owned the camera, their family was there too, but they aren't in one photo. so who knows.

SherriRN said:
Someone has come forward stating that he was on a bus at xmas time between Boulder and Denver and recalls a strange man who he thinks resembles Karr. Caught part of it on CNN. This person states he asked the guy for a light for a cigarrette and the guy gave a weird response. The man also states he has told the police about this. It will be interesting to see if others can recall him being on the bus and if the bus line has any record of Karr buying tickets. This would eliminate the Karr family xmas scenario if true.
you know. i don't know how someone could have such a good memory of another person they were on a bus with 10 years ago. three years ago i took a hellish trip across the states back to canada, and i've tried to block out some of the people on that bus. i don't think i would really be able to remember anyone. i can picture them, but they've generically melded in with other people in my mind over time. that guy either has a great memory or is an attention seeker.

MistyM said:
you know. i don't know how someone could have such a good memory of another person they were on a bus with 10 years ago. three years ago i took a hellish trip across the states back to canada, and i've tried to block out some of the people on that bus. i don't think i would really be able to remember anyone. i can picture them, but they've generically melded in with other people in my mind over time. that guy either has a great memory or is an attention seeker.

He reported seeing the man after hearing about JBR's death Christmas '96 and then called to remind police of the tip he had provided years earlier after seeing Karr's arrest on TV these past few days. So it's not like he just now showed up for the first time. Here's a link:

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4946895,00.html

Even if a photo showed up of JMK with his family, sitting in front of a Christmas tree with a sign saying 1996, it would not exclude him. Ask me if my husband has ever missed Christmas with me, and I will tell you a big emphatic "Of course not!". Our big celebration is on Christmas Eve with church, the big dinner, and the kids opening presents later. Christmas morning, the kids open their "Santa" presents, we have a big brunch, hubby buids a fire, and the kids play with their new toys all day. I usually end up falling asleep on the couch.

HOWEVER, I just remembered earlier tonight, that he has left us to go visit buddies later in the day. I think nothing of it as we have already celebrated Christmas. He is not neglecting us in any way. So, if someone were to ask me, I would say "He's always with us on Christmas."

I don't know how the Karr family celebrated, but if it is anything remotely like my family, he could have left Christmas day, and she would remember that he was there for Christmas.

Just my two copperheads. :)

EasyGruuvin said:
Perhaps John drugged his family so they would sleep for two days like his first wife said he did to her, so they would believe he was with them at Christmas but he wasnt really? Food for thought...
And you don't think that when the wife wakened up and realised they'd missed two of the most special days of the year that she'd smell a rat... moreso that she'd still remember this happened a few years later?

SherriRN said:
No it wouldn't. The family can positively ID Karr. The bus station guy cannot. The family alibi is stronger.

If he took a bus from Atlanta to Colorado, he'd be away for even more days than if he'd driven.

MistyM said:

Since he reported it at the time of JB's murder, that may have cemented the memory. The fact that he felt compelled to report it at the time tells me that the guy he reported was truly weird in some way, truly left a suspicious imprint.....the fact that the tipster felt compelled NOW to call the police back and remind them of the earlier tip is just proof to me that the weirdo left a lasting impression.

Does anyone know where that POI drawing came from? Could it be the man from the bus station who worked with LE to come up with the drawing? IMO, the drawing DOES resemble John Karr.

Good Morning Kgeaux.

Do you mean the drawing instigated by the psychic?

When my grand kids were babies, my dau and sil left their celebration with his folks Christmas afternoon. With two babies they found it easier to drive all night and would arrive at my house the day after. I looked at all my pics and every one of them is marked Christmas 19xx - although they were taken anywhere from the 26th thru new years. I even have pics of my kids taken at my ex's parents house - I took them to visit a few days before Christmas. They are also marked Christmas 19xx. And some of the pics were not taken in for development for a month or more due to lack of dollars so the date printed on them may be Feb or Mar. And I am camera shy so there are many years no one has a pic of me attending any family function.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18
Back