a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That duct tape on his arm has been bothering our group as to WHY is it there. Here in Louisiana we have debated that very question. Men in the room can't come up with a reason and all of them said there is nothing they would find sexual about that. Why put it there? It would have to be quite painful to pull it off and you can clearly see in the shower photos the red mark arcross his bicep. I guess just one more thing to add to the "we will never know" list.

I do believe that one "truth" Jodi has told is the Calorie Bug (or whatever it's called) that she says Travis wore all the time on his right bicep. It makes more sense than duct tape, IMO.

That duct tape on his arm has been bothering our group as to WHY is it there. Here in Louisiana we have debated that very question. Men in the room can't come up with a reason and all of them said there is nothing they would find sexual about that. Why put it there? It would have to be quite painful to pull it off and you can clearly see in the shower photos the red mark arcross his bicep. I guess just one more thing to add to the "we will never know" list.

JA claimed that was the "body bug" he was always wearing to keep track of his weight loss efforts...

BBM

I could be wrong, but isn't it the "body bug" thing he was using for fitness, and not duct tape? :waitasec:

IMO

ETA: GMTA Anita Richman and Bobcat!!

New comer here, but wanted to clear my head about a couple of things...
1. was the check to Travis found at the scene drawn on either of the bank accounts she made deposits to during the trip? (I ask because she seemed very very concerned over it being cashed, think she deposited the cash to cover the check in case things worked out and she didn't have to kill him afterall)
2. I have thought from the very beginning that she shot him in the head after she put him back in the shower, when he was already dead. I also have a strong strong feeling she used one of the throw pillows from the bed, with tassels on it to put up to his head to silence the gun shot somewhat. This would explain those 'rope' type fibers found in the bathroom and on the steps. Any thoughts?

My brother was stabbed one night with his own knife. He was taken by ambulance to the hospital. He left the hospital saying the nurses were laughing at his tattoos. He tried to walk home but was picked up by police thinking he was drunk. They took him to my mom's and she tried to let him sleep it off. When she was unable to wake him we realized he was in a coma. Fast forward six weeks later: we find out he was killed by antifreeze poisoning.

It never even made the newspapers.

I guess that started my interest in crimes. We still don't know whether he was murdered or committed suicide.

What a horrible thing to have experienced with your brother. It is disgusting to read how many professionals ignored your brother. If it was recent I would contact the paper myself.

Katie,
Thank you for thinking of Beth and the beautiful necklace you got for her. I saw her wearing it in court and I wanted to shout out to you that we love you for that.

Katie your taste matches your heart....beautiful'

I've been lurking for quite awhile, but felt I had to register when I read katiecoollady's remarks about JM seating his friend next to her yesterday. I've been on MyDeathSpace for the last couple of months and I have been suspecting that Mr. Martinez either reads the forums or has someone else reading them for him. So, katiecoolady, I'm saying I think he knows what you've been writing about him.

Careful now, don't distract him while he's working on this important case!

well i hope so - it was a thread like this that caused enuff questions to get 48 hrs to pick up a story and get my friends murder case reopened

Katiecoolady: just read the stories for which you provided links about your sister's murder and how you came to be "katiecoolady". I've gained a whole new perspective that magnifies my admiration for you. Here, I thought you were just this cool woman with a lot of free time on her hands who has a "thing" for live trials. You're all that and much more.

I, for one, appreciate more than the limits of our language can convey your insider reporting, because it's unfiltered and real: you get to be where many of us would LIKE to be but can't, and what you write is what our brains would be absorbing were we to be there. Your notes from yesterday were especially riveting.

Here's one exchange we all NEED to hear at least once before this is all over with:
Nurmi: "Objection! Judge, may we approach?"
Judge Stevens: "No. Sit down and shut up. Mr. Martinez, please continue your beat down."
Nurmi: "But..."
Judge Stevens: "I said shut up."
Nurmi: "OK." (takes out peanut butter and jelly sandwich and starts chewing on it).

Hate to rain on anyone's post-JM follow up elation, but: it occurs to me that Jodi Arias wants to die. This, for her, is all a big show. She clearly remembers vividly every single nanosecond of her slaughtering of Travis. She's playing games with people's heads - something even her legions of detractors must admit she is very good at. She knows the jury isn't buying her nonsense. She enjoys the verbal sparring with JM. She is not concerned in the least about piffling little things like perjury, remorse or being liked.

This is the Jodi Arias Show. She sticks to the script that she hopes ultimately leads to a death sentence. She figures it's going to happen no matter what she says or does at this point, so why not have some more fun at Travis and his family's expense with the eyes of the world upon her? She knows no matter what happens this is the last time so many people are ever going to care about her, even if by "caring" we include wanting her to suffer mightily for her crime and subsequent attitude.

Our system of justice has yet to devise a method of submitting this defendant to enough painful physical, mental and emotional torment to truly avenge what she did to Travis Alexander. Our options appear to be the death penalty, which amounts to 15 years of appeals followed by a needle and an eternal nap; or life in prison (preferably without the possibility of parole). That is only an adequate sentence if she is locked in a cold dark cell for 23 hours a day with NO contact from other inmates or visitors from the outside, no access to television, books or the internet and if the walls of the cell are plastered with images from the crime scene.

In either case, the reality of what she did to this man and the yeoman's efforts she has undertaken to continue to "kill" him in her testimony is going to make whatever punishment she receives feel hollow. Be prepared for that.

It IS however going to feel so utterly satisfying to watch Mr. Martinez "choke her out" in the coming days during follow up and rebuttal. He has seemingly been the only one since this whole trial began that has - at least for a few instances - exposed whatever remaining humanity she has in her: getting her to sob uncontrollably while calmly asking her if she was crying during the crime. That clip will be required viewing for every coming generation of prosecutors in training.

I think I have a man crush on JM. I admit it. Either that or I'm just projecting how badly I wish I could have a chance to be the prosecutor at this trial. Not that I have any experience in the field, but I would just like to go all Perry Mason on her. I am certain we haven't yet seen even the BEST of Juan Martinez. His summation will be hypnotizing.

So, katiecoolady, I heart you, too. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication. Your sister would be WAY proud.

well i hope so - it was a thread like this that caused enuff questions to get 48 hrs to pick up a story and get my friends murder case reopened

Never heard of my death space. Went there and couldn't figure out how to read the posts. I didn't want to register unless I knew more. Can you help?

Pasa,
Will you be posting today about your court observations Thursday?

Katiecoolady: just read the stories for which you provided links about your sister's murder and how you came to be "katiecoolady". I've gained a whole new perspective that magnifies my admiration for you. Here, I thought you were just this cool woman with a lot of free time on her hands who has a "thing" for live trials. You're all that and much more.

I, for one, appreciate more than the limits of our language can convey your insider reporting, because it's unfiltered and real: you get to be where many of us would LIKE to be but can't, and what you write is what our brains would be absorbing were we to be there. Your notes from yesterday were especially riveting.

Here's one exchange we all NEED to hear at least once before this is all over with:
Judge Stevens: "No. Sit down and shut up. Mr. Martinez, please continue your beat down."
Nurmi: "OK." (takes out peanut butter and jelly sandwich and starts chewing on it).

Hate to rain on anyone's post-JM follow up elation, but: it occurs to me that Jodi Arias wants to die. This, for her, is all a big show. She clearly remembers vividly every single nanosecond of her slaughtering of Travis. She's playing games with people's heads - something even her legions of detractors must admit she is very good at. She knows the jury isn't buying her nonsense. She enjoys the verbal sparring with JM. She is not concerned in the least about piffling little things like perjury, remorse or being liked.

This is the Jodi Arias Show. She sticks to the script that she hopes ultimately leads to a death sentence. She figures it's going to happen no matter what she says or does at this point, so why not have some more fun at Travis and his family's expense with the eyes of the world upon her? She knows no matter what happens this is the last time so many people are ever going to care about her, even if by "caring" we include wanting her to suffer mightily for her crime and subsequent attitude.

Our system of justice has yet to devise a method of submitting this defendant to enough painful physical, mental and emotional torment to truly avenge what she did to Travis Alexander. Our options appear to be the death penalty, which amounts to 15 years of appeals followed by a needle and an eternal nap; or life in prison (preferably without the possibility of parole). That is only an adequate sentence if she is locked in a cold dark cell for 23 hours a day with NO contact from other inmates or visitors from the outside, no access to television, books or the internet and if the walls of the cell are plastered with images from the crime scene.

In either case, the reality of what she did to this man and the yeoman's efforts she has undertaken to continue to "kill" him in her testimony is going to make whatever punishment she receives feel hollow. Be prepared for that.

It IS however going to feel so utterly satisfying to watch Mr. Martinez "choke her out" in the coming days during follow up and rebuttal. He has seemingly been the only one since this whole trial began that has - at least for a few instances - exposed whatever remaining humanity she has in her: getting her to sob uncontrollably while calmly asking her if she was crying during the crime. That clip will be required viewing for every coming generation of prosecutors in training.

I think I have a man crush on JM. I admit it. Either that or I'm just projecting how badly I wish I could have a chance to be the prosecutor at this trial. Not that I have any experience in the field, but I would just like to go all Perry Mason on her. I am certain we haven't yet seen even the BEST of Juan Martinez. His summation will be hypnotizing.

So, katiecoolady, I heart you, too. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication. Your sister would be WAY proud.

Oh my you made me spill my coffee lol
Lol can ya just hear. Nurmi crying! oh judge why are you de-edifying me like that! I feel like you are being contemporaneous with me ! And that laughing man over (points to Martinez) is annoying me.

Thanks for your great post

P.s
I just recall her saying to one of the shows that interviewed her
She was asked about her smiling in her mug shot! She said something like! Why not! She knew it would be seen on the Internet! So why not!

Which confirms that she is loving the attention! Wether if it was negative or not.

Jose Baez discusses Jodi Arias trial

http://www.kpho.com/story/21551041/...scusses-jodi-arias-trial#.UToieR6HKMs.twitter

(mods, please move if it should be in a different thread) :)

I for one have no respect for this man. It's interesting how he's being put out there as some sort of expert when all he did was get a murderer free in a most despicable and dishonest manner. He can say whatever he wants but I hope no one listens.

Please Nells don't think that I disrespect you. Others may find his interview interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876