a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same feelings when listening to her testimony. I've watched very little of her on the stand, I had to tune her out. I don't think she's credible. She also used the word "*advertiser censored*" instead of breasts, which should have been used by a professional. MOO
I felt like I was back in the 60's, that should burn my bra and stop shaving my legs. :)

Hubs was on an extended trip so I stopped shaving my legs - big mistake. Trying to go to bed was agony! Stinkin' stubble apparently gets caught in the weave of my bed sheets. Never in my life have I woken up in the middle of the night to perceived ant bites - but it won't happen again!

Drove me nuts!

I just have to say, even IF TA was abusive, which I am not saying that I believe that, but even if he was, the only thing that matters here is if there was premeditation. I know that ALV is going to come up with some nonsense saying that JA was in fear for her life, acted in self-defense and so there was no premeditation, I don't see how the jury is going to believe that. Remember, there is still the gas cans, the stolen gun, and JA's outrageous unexplainable behavior. The defense is trying to paint JA as someone she is not and I can't see how the jury is going to buy it.

No. The only way I think it could cause a mistrial is if 6 or more (all of the alternates) said they saw it and it would influence their judgement.

WildAboutTrial tweeted
"Source is not credible after all, I can't confirm that a juror saw it. Sorry for the false alarm. Will continue to investigate."

I haven't heard from anyone that a juror even saw it, so I'm not worried about it. Beth Karas said yesterday that, as far as she knew, the jury was still intact.

Thinking back to that day I didn't see any of the jurors outside the courthouse.
The whole incident lasted less than a couple of minutes. The media is making it look like it was a half hour interview with hundreds of fans gathered. I think there were 5 or 6. The camera crew consisted of 4 or 5 people IIRC.

Errr, my currency is not shoes - but I was trying to speak to the vast majority!

Nor do I think it's being shallow - I think it's normal behavior - that's what I'm TRYING to say.

normal - if you don't have any integrity

ALV said she spent over 60 hours with JA (I think the number was 66), so that times $250 an hour, and you have $17,000 or more. Plus the time spent reviewing records, which I will bet goes into the hundreds, considering the "plethera" of records, interviews, reports, et cetera. So add that in, plus her testimony, I am guessing this expert has made over $70,000 so far. But I have a feeling we are going to find out.

OMG that backne photo still turns my tummy, but it is what I visualize when I think KC.

Now for today - ummmmmmmm, the only attorney negligence I have seen so far in this case was the day that Mr. nurmi did his adjustment! Feb 28th??? Something like that. If I had the video, I would post it - but I think most of us were equally disgusted by the on camera 'adjustment' and don't need the visual!

Nurmi's adjustment makes me recall the intro and outro clips to MADTV's "Lowered Expectations":
[video=youtube;UIpVTLkyS4k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIpVTLkyS4k[/video]

Think if it this way.... Look at all the people it's keeping working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that were true I am ok with it. But I think it is going to the pockets of Nurmi, Wilmott, Samuels and LaViolette. And that is disgraceful. Yes they should be paid. But they are done. They won't win. So all this was for what?

Isn't HLN calling him a "rock star"? they are inserting themselves into this trial and becoming the story instead of just reporting it ----juan was doing something simple: signing autographs for people who requested it. he wasn't holding a press conference; he wasn't soliciting these people to come up to him. HLN is getting on my nerves and oh yeah, i can't even watch HLN because they have the trial on for five minutes, then "pause' and advertise for 5 minutes. I gave up on them altogether and watch the trial streaming online. I hope HLN doesn't do something stupid and cause a mistrial.

Yes, it's the media who has tagged him a "rockstar". I didn't hear any of the fans or photo takers that day refer to him as a rockstar. The lady with the cane (I see her at trial often) said he was her little firecracker. :)

We are fans of his work, he is doing a good job for Travis. MOO :)

I am still kind of new here and I hope it's okay for me to post this in this thread, (I can't keep up with the other one).

Today was absolutely ridiculous. This DT has nothing they can use to try to spare their client except to manufacture these fables, ask for mistrials, complain that JA doesn't get this or that, or has migraines. This judge needs to get more control over this court room and these proceedings. This has become a big circus.
Juan is not new to these "rodeo's" done by the defense. It seems this is their favorite motion - prosecutorial misconduct. They claim he doesn't give them "information" (with holds it), Surprise attacks witnesses or this latest load of hooey - that he could "taint the jurors" by signing autographs or taking photos with fans. What a load of garbage. They have NOTHING to get their client out of this mess she got herself into so they are going to throw anything at the wall and hope that something sticks.
I don't believe that this jury, (or any rational sane person), will fall for their tactics and quite frankly, I actually do believe that this jury "gets" what really happened and that JA was NOT abused by TA and in fact TA was the one abused.
I know that the CA trial really shook everyone's faith in the justice system. But this isn't Florida and there is so much more evidence of how evil, cruel, maniplulative, and mean JA is and was to TA. There is no way that JM is going to do anything that would cause a mistrial. He's too smart for that. He's been around the block too long and he's fighting for Travis and his family.
The anger we feel needs to be directed where it belongs -- on the DT and JA. I don't think that Wilmott or Nurmi or their "experts" will have a career when this case is over. They have made themselves look like fools with the defense they went with. They are going to lose and their client is going to be found GUILTY and be sentenced to DEATH. I don't even think it's going to take the jurors long to consider her fate and do the right thing.
This 1.4 million that has lined the DT's pockets better last them... they are going to have a hard time practicing law in this state.

JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS and the ALEXANDER FAMILY.
Welcome! We all agree!

I had the same feelings when listening to her testimony. I've watched very little of her on the stand, I had to tune her out. I don't think she's credible. She also used the word "*advertiser censored*" instead of breasts, which should have been used by a professional. MOO
I felt like I was back in the 60's, that should burn my bra and stop shaving my legs. :)

I must have missed the "*advertiser censored*" comment, but I certainly caught the "fanny" one! Oi Vay!

This woman is in my neck of the woods- we live directly across the street from Cal State Long Beach, Dr. Sean Armin- The neurologist whose research she quoted- is my back doctor! Gonna have to ask him about that next time I see him.

Anyway, I hopped on the CSULB page that someone posted for ALV and I have to admit, I am disappointed. She has many accomplishments and is apparently well liked and received by her peers and the community she serves. I, for one, am glad she treats the perps as well as the victims because we all need help.

I have to wonder what guided her to make the decision to believe JA and her defense team, and agree to testify, and honestly she doesn't strike me as the type of person to do this for money- maybe I am naive.

I am going to ask around about her... some of the professors and professors husbands/wives I know who teach at Long Beach State. I'll let ya'all know what I hear.

I hear you. Jury's out for me on the mom/aunt.

I go back and forth on them. There is something hinky about that whole family dymanic. I can't put my finger on it. One day I feel kind of sad for Sandy, the next day I observe her inappropriate behavior and I don't feel bad for her at all.

I wonder if it's she doesn't know how to act/react, she's from a small town and she's thrown into this globally known trial and her daughter is the defendant.
I dunno, but there is something "off", I can't figure out what it is.

Does this man think JM works 24/7? That would mean the AZ taxpayers would really have something to complain about with all the overtime. jmo

I don't think he does much thinking, just reading a teleprompter. I watch that station when Katie Raml is on, but if it's just Steve Irvin I switch. He's got this whiney tone when he speaks, drives me nuts. He's not very bright, stumbles a lot. MOO..

Katie DDJ could replace several of the local newscasters, she's so much better and she's just starting out.
Don't even get me started on Nicole Crites... Sorry to go O/T. She is a sore spot with me. LOL!!

Katieisdoingjustfine.jpg

Also, KCL said watch all of Dr. Drew tonight not just the juror segment!

Are you ladies standing in front of Juan, or is he taking the photo? ;)

BTW, I missed the first half hour of Dr. Drew. :facepalm:

I totally get what some are saying, in regards to the aunt and mom, but being from a 'small town' or not being 'wordly' does not (IMO) take away someones ability for common sense or honesty. I know plenty of small town people who tell it like it is, are strong, articulate, intelligent and have no tolerance for BS, whatsoever. Tell the truth about your daughter or niece and my feelings may change- the whole truth, but until then...

Well, I guess I am calling fowl on that notion. I am not buying it. Any sympathy I had went out the window when the 'domestic violence' purple ribbons showed up on them in court.

I am no longer a big fan of Dr Phil but I agree with his statement that people do things because it works for them (healthy or unhealthy). When someone has years and life experience (I am talking 40 and over) I do agree- to a certain extent- that people do things because it works for them. In other words, they are getting something out of it (the relationship, circumstances, whatever). Now, I am also of the belief that there can be an exception to almost every rule. So, take it for what it's worth- MO and MOO!

I go back and forth on them. There is something hinky about that whole family dymanic. I can't put my finger on it. One day I feel kind of sad for Sandy, the next day I observe her inappropriate behavior and I don't feel bad for her at all.

I wonder if it's she doesn't know how to act/react, she's from a small town and she's thrown into this globally known trial and her daughter is the defendant.

I think the whole gaggle of them are social misfits

I would love to know how much Nurmi and Wilmott are banking. I hope we find out one day.

They should send KY to the taxpayers in AZ.

I had heard (hearsay) that Nurmi is getting $225/hr., while Willmott gets the standard Defense rate of $95/hr. Yeah.

... Now, mr. nurmi if you read here- and if you should find the motivation to write a book after this trial, let me just toss this nugget of wisdom out: Elephants NEVER forget! :seeya: Good day! LOL

What if it was a coloring book?

I must have missed the "*advertiser censored*" comment, but I certainly caught the "fanny" one! Oi Vay!

This woman is in my neck of the woods- we live directly across the street from Cal State Long Beach, Dr. Sean Armin- The neurologist whose research she quoted- is my back doctor! Gonna have to ask him about that next time I see him.

Anyway, I hopped on the CSULB page that someone posted for ALV and I have to admit, I am disappointed. She has many accomplishments and is apparently well liked and received by her peers and the community she serves. I, for one, am glad she treats the perps as well as the victims because we all need help.

I have to wonder what guided her to make the decision to believe JA and her defense team, and agree to testify, and honestly she doesn't strike me as the type of person to do this for money- maybe I am naive.

I am going to ask around about her... some of the professors and professors husbands/wives I know who teach at Long Beach State. I'll let ya'all know what I hear.

She comes across as the type who thinks all women are victims and all men are perpetrators.
Nothing about men being victimized.
Her language would be ok in a casual setting, but in a court of law, and her being a "professional", not so much. :)

Please let us know what you hear about her.

Sorry if this is off topic, but why isn't anyone from Jodies family testifying on her behalf? If, as she claims, she was abused by her parents wouldn't having someone from her family testify to that help her defense?

As long as nobody is disputing those claims, then they stand as "facts", as Jodi swore on the bible to tell the truth. Yeah, yeah, I know ...
If those statements were challenged, then they would need corroboration.

Oh my gosh - that's funny. I never thought about it before but she does look a little like Alice from the BB.

Mark Eiglarsh is one of the few defense attorneys that I enjoy hearing from. Most defense attorneys get on TV and abandon common sense to make a case for a defendant just because they are defense attorneys. They can't even say what comes out of their mouths with a straight face half the time. Unlike them, Mark has a good sense of humor and common sense.

Oh gosh I love Mark and do agree with most everything he says. Don't
Ike any criticism of JM though. But that bit about ALV and the Brady Bucn gave me. Good laugh. So true!

I think she's there because she feels obligated to be there. This is what she can do as a Mother and will do but I see her doing it without any demonstration of motherly love. She seems to be equally devoid or shame and empathy too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member