a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh My!

I should send you a Haz-Mat lunch container so that Stinky Man cannot contaminate your lunch! :what:

Could he be a transient using the court for a place to rest during the day? :waitasec:

I am sure the other ladies appreciated your well stocked hand bag! :sunshine:

He didn't look like a transient. He had a woman with him, a wife? I keep cough drops, water, ipad, lotion, stuff like that in the lunch thingy. :)

Just want to give a shout-out and welcome to the new members here.

I'm sorry, the welcome blinkies aren't working for me.

So,

WELCOME new peeps. :)

To me it looks like W, MSpec and two pals at least all knew it was coming. I took pic's of my TV but W gives the chin pose signal and then AL is doing that stupid chin pose thing then the blonde practically breaks her neck looking around Donovan who just sat back to see the punch line.
Planned, unprofessional and you better believe if it had been prosecution doing it, nurmi would have woke from the slouch to jump up and ask for a mistrial. MAKES ME SICK.
laughseriessmaller_zps7f7aaf9a.jpg

I've said it once and I will say it again...The judge needs to get a handle on her court room. Overt expressions should get the boot. This isn't a freekin' reality tv show, it's a trial. ALV behaved abhorrently under cross. She should not have been allowed to address the PA the way she did, she should have been admonished to answer the questions, she should have been told to respect the court. Judge...Ah....Judge???

To me it looks like W, MSpec and two pals at least all knew it was coming. I took pic's of my TV but W gives the chin pose signal and then AL is doing that stupid chin pose thing then the blonde practically breaks her neck looking around Donovan who just sat back to see the punch line.
Planned, unprofessional and you better believe if it had been prosecution doing it, nurmi would have woke from the slouch to jump up and ask for a mistrial. MAKES ME SICK.
laughseriessmaller_zps7f7aaf9a.jpg

Just look at the lady to the right of DONO! She should be warned by the JUDGE, that her behavior is unacceptable and that if she would like to attend trial, she will need to "get a handle" on herself. Disgusting.

moo

I just watched the video one of you posted of the hugging, back patting and foolery that went on while the camera was running after trial.

After this horse and pony show it's going to be really nice to get real EXPERTS. Certified, knowledgeable, intelligent experts who will bring this back to the murder. Who will have Jennifer stuttering on cross and Nurmi picking up and putting his pen down 100xs trying to figure out how to question true knowledge.

I am sick to death of these experts droning on about their experience and knowledge then not even putting a tippy toe into the real issue. A monster sitting at the defense table in the costume of a human being, butchered a well loved man in the most heinous way and you better explain why. This isn't about your days in college Alyce. Explain why Travis was brutally murdered in his own home, 1000 miles away from the home of the one who took his life. Travis, the victim. :furious:

I want Juan to wipe that stupid smarmy smirk OFF her face on Monday. She sold her soul to a sex offender defender and used victims of domestic violence to help save the life of a murderer. They all have Travis' blood on their hands.

I understand defense has to bring in experts but these people are over stepping their bounds and making a mockery of the justice system.

I WISH I was near Alyce when she got off her arse and got in Sam's face. She would be attending court on Monday with a black eye and that would be worth all the time in prison I would have to serve. As long as Alyce has a permanent reminder that she had better stay on HER side of the room.

MandyLeigh - Well said!! :rocker:

My favorite part of the day was when he got her to repeat, very loudly, that she couldn't comment on whether Snow White was a battered woman because she knew nothing of the relationship between her and the prince. She is so busted. She didn't even know Travis and is only relying on Jodi's word that he was awful, yet everyone else who knew him says he was a wonderful person.

Please rip her apart Juan. Please please please.
EXACTLY...She thinks she's so damned smart, she basically laid it out for him.

LOLZ

Please forgive me if I am heating up old hash but: I read on an earlier thread and elsewhere that the $250 research fee AVL collected was to "coach" Nurmi in how to cross JA. I believe it went a little further than that.. I see duplicate terminology between AVL and JA and like behaviors on the stand. I think they shared how to slow testimony down, how to attempt to throw Juan off his stride... and I'm sure you smarter WSers can think of more... remember both seemed to find our Juan talked in circles. Please excuse if old rant.

Well, AVL and Jodi mispronounced the word "ameliorate" in the exact same way. They both said "ah-mel-ee-or-ate" instead of "ah-meel-eeorate" I've never heard anyone mispronounce that word and they did it in the same exact way. And they used in describing what Jodi did to soothe Travis after a rage/abuse incident. Coincidence?

Me too. I had hoped she would return to the trial. There is no reason to criticize her, she has a right to attend just like the rest of the public.

She isn't giving interviews (except the one) despite being hounded by the media.

If you believed in JA's innocence and were kicked off the jury by the DA, would you come back the next day?

I really don't think so.

moo

out of left field question, i'm just wondering how big the courtroom is? it seems really tight and personal on tv, but then i see pictures and it looks HUGE!

those ladies should definitely be kicked out, how disrespectful.

i've never seen a trial where the defense experts were so defensive and smart azzed.

oh and another thing i noticed during ALV testimony that nobody (i think) has mentioned, yet i thought it was important was when JM was asking her about who had power in the kingdom, i thought it was a direct hit on her man hating ways by saying it was the king, like automatically his wife would have no power. i know the defense got a side bar for that question and he had to end up saying the king has the power right? i think they knew what he was trying to do. imo.

No, watch what happens after court for the day...there is a pause in the video and then it shows Alice greeting and hugging her partner Gail and a friend.That friend and Gail to my knowledge have not been in court before. You can also see Alice going back and hugging Nouri.

Jodi Arias Trial - After Court, and Juror 5 - YouTube

Even that! The HUUGGG with Nurmi...How ridiculous and inappropriate! They're not in a theatre production. They're in a trial. One is a lawyer and one is an "expert witness". Did Nurmi hug Dr. Dick too? Why even partake in public signs of affection while still in the courtroom? These people have NO understanding of professionalism at all. Can you imagine if JM hugged DeMarte's after her testimony? (For the love of cheese, I know he will not.)

:what:

moo

Hello! Very new, though I have been following and I appreciate everyone's insights and the inside courtroom posts. Quick question, what was it that the judge admonished ALV for reading? I missed that one, and could not find it in the videos. Thanks!

My favorite part of the day was when he got her to repeat, very loudly, that she couldn't comment on whether Snow White was a battered woman because she knew nothing of the relationship between her and the prince. She is so busted. She didn't even know Travis and is only relying on Jodi's word that he was awful, yet everyone else who knew him says he was a wonderful person.

Please rip her apart Juan. Please please please.

I've already quoted you on this one MeeBee but I just can't help myself...I have to quote you again! TOOO funny. I'm sure she still doesn't "get it"! The rolling on the floor guy symbol is not coming up but it's what I would like to insert here.

Thanks for the compliment. I wish I rocked. :)

I'm pretty sure it's D's "friend".

Here's a pic of her, circled in pink. HTH

nmxa9v.jpg

The whole front row looks like one person with different wigs to me.

This just in from FB:

@ Carol Tate-Cannon - It was visible on the wild about trial feed as well. Lots of people observed this very inappropriate and self-serving behavior of making direct contact with the victim's family. Is she OBTUSE? Who does that?

Not obtuse. Arrogant.

moo

Isn't this kinda' what he said when he was negotiating with the Anthony family? Many $$$$$$ later, we saw them on his show!!!!

Wow, that's awful. He should have at least fessed up. Wonder is he doing the same thing now, damage control ?

Just look at the lady to the right of DONO! She should be warned by the JUDGE, that her behavior is unacceptable and that if she would like to attend trial, she will need to "get a handle" on herself. Disgusting.

moo

" Dono" :floorlaugh: ... :truce:

Well, AVL and Jodi mispronounced the word "ameliorate" in the exact same way. They both said "ah-mel-ee-or-ate" instead of "ah-meel-eeorate" I've never heard anyone mispronounce that word and they did it in the same exact way. And they used in describing what Jodi did to soothe Travis after a rage/abuse incident. Coincidence?

I've read that word but um...I don't think I've ever heard someone say that word. Twice in a row?

moo

I didn't think they would. I was actually thinking of the DT doing something they would hope could be used for such.

It was probably a stupid question anyway. I just don't trust the DT at all, and thought at this time, they would do anything they could to get out of there. Esp Nurmi. ALV is supposed to know how to be an expert witness, so what she did was REALLY stupid on her part.

it wasn't a stupid question, i was suspicious of the DT pulling a stunt myself, i wanted to add to my comment as i thought of this as soon as i submitted the reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme