a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the jury lottery take place before the closings or does that happen after?

The jury lottery has not happened yet. The judge stated this morning that it will occur in open court, so we'll know exactly who the alternates are. :guitar:

It happens after. They all have to hear all the same information in case they are selected as the jury. (I can't imagine how it would feel to live through all this and then find that you were an alternate.)

It think it must happen after. It will be in open court because the judge talked about that today. Since it didn't happen after she talked about it, I assume it will be the last thing we see before the case goes to the jury.

Katy - maybe you can tell us - ? Is this another brother (in the middle) and another sister (on left side) ??

And I read that this is also a brother - on the right side of pix #3 - right?

And the last picture - is that a brother also behind the lady in green?

TIA! :seeya:

KCL said earlier the man behind the lady in green is a first cousin, the guy w/ the moustache is another brother i think the one who used travis' id during the arrest in riverside. i know the younger girl is also a sister she has come b4, but idk who the man in the grey suit sitting next to travis' brother is - but kcl said sams bf came today, but idk if it is him

Some of my favorite Juan Martinez gems today.

"She's such an ornate liar."

"Alyce LaViolette has a problem with the truth."

"AS SHE SITS THERE WITH A RED NOSE PRETENDING TO BE CRYING!"

ETA:
Sorry about the double post.
The WS server hung and I thought my first comment did not take.

My backup excuse is I was distracted by my excitement over Juan's performance today. :blushing:

LOL!:floorlaugh:

and M&M suggestion #2:
Gopher, Bear, Tiger!

#3:
6'2" exaggeration or lie?

OMG! Juan was so awesome today!
Not only did he show the DT witnesses for what they were, but he made me laugh a lot!:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Yep, we had one defense witness (yesterday) say that an exaggeration was not a lie and a defense witness a few weeks back that said you can tell a lie and still NOT BE A LIAR!! Go figure!!! LOL

KCL I am in such awe of you and Travis's Angels -- what you (and everyone who has donated time/money/gifts) have done for the family.

In a world where we are constantly reminded of evil and the horrible things that people can do to each other, you are a beacon of light and hope in the world.

You give 110% so selflessly. I am truly in awe. You are an angel, but not so in disguise!

YOU ROCK! :rockon:

I'm very happy about this also -- imagine if Juan's closing was interruped for commercials -- too horrible to think about -- also, much sensitivity was shown by NOT showing the family when graphic photos were shown, This is a very CLASSY family and I'm glad that they were treated as such!

FIRST POST!!! You guys are a formidable bunch!!

:seeya: Welcome, Kindl Cat! :seeya:

:heartbeat:

There is a family down with the HLN gang in Arizona. They brought a photo of a family member and a sign about how Juan got justice for them. They were approached and they explained that with a drop of blood and a cigarette butt Juan put the man who took the life of their loved one on death row.

You could see the pain on their faces but I thought them coming out even in tears, being so raw to thank Juan publicly and to try and give support to the family was heart warming.

So I just wanted to mention it becuase they really felt for the Alexander family and came out for Juan and the Alexander family both and hope it reaches them.

PASA! :hug: we are pulling for your family. So happy to see you with the gang. Miss you here very much.

Hi guys,

I'm so freaking beat I'm actually gonna take a shower and hit the hay...although just got a call from some more of my posse who are heading back to the room so they may drag me in to a third wind....;)

What a day.

I can't tell you how really moving it was to sit here with Katie, PASA and Dave Hughes (who didn't get in) in the dark watching the closings all day. Dave would frequently stop and tell us stories of Travis. Although I'd have loved to be in the courtroom in solidarity with the family, it was luxurious to be able to emote (tears were flowing) and talk and express ourselves (ok a double bird did fly toward JA) while the closings were going on.

I thought Juan did a fantastic job. I'll never forget today to be honest.

We spent a few hours on the rooftop and then went over to the HLN Live area and I spoke for awhile with Beth (who said "I really want to hang out with you and have some girl talk" awwww she likes me! :D ). Of course Bill, etc.

I want to be rested for tomorrow as I heard Tanisha asked where I was today so I will show up and be there should they have a seat for me and will be with them. If not we'll wash,rinse,repeat from today and PASA comes back and Angie and others. Of course we have good snacks. :blushing:

This has been such an amazing experience in terms of all the loving connections and bonding that's been going on I can't even describe it in words. There are a continual flow of tears turning in to laughter and "I love yous" all over the place. And as I'm writing this an Alexander sibling texts me asking "How are you doing?". ME? How am I doing? What a family I tell ya!

Ok.....Nurmi tomorrow. Ok but Juan gets the last swing and it will be a mighty one.

I will watch the entire Juan closing again as we were a bit loose at times..honestly if Dave wanted to share a Travis story while it was going on, I put my ears on pause for the closing and focused on him. What an incredibly moving day.

xoxo

Well scratch that bed plan...headed out to meet the Alexanders............I'll sleep once this trial is over. ;)

Thank you KCL and your posse of angels for everything you do for the Alexander family. The love, support, compassion, and unwaivering faith are an inspiration and will never be forgotten.

You remind me of the Alabama song "Angels Among Us".

My thoughts and prayers are with the Alexander family. My heart breaks for them. God must have heard their prayers and sent you, amazing Katie, to help them through this nightmare.

God bless you all.

On HLN After Dark tonight, JVM had a woman on her jury who said there were two Walmarts in Salinas. My first thought was 'oh no.' Then I found on Walmart's Corporate website that the second one didn't open until July 2010. I sure hope Nurmi doesn't try mislead the jury... and that JM already knows this! http://news.walmart.com/news-archive/2010/07/05/community-of-salinas-welcomes-new-walmart

That will be seriously embarrassing if Nurmi tries to say it was the 2nd Walmart that his client returned the gas cans to. HLN seems to think he will bring it up. So, I say bring it Nurmi.

May the Alexander Family have strength and love embrace them tomorrow from start to finish.

Hi guys,

I'm so freaking beat I'm actually gonna take a shower and hit the hay...although just got a call from some more of my posse who are heading back to the room so they may drag me in to a third wind....;)

What a day.

I can't tell you how really moving it was to sit here with Katie, PASA and Dave Hughes (who didn't get in) in the dark watching the closings all day. Dave would frequently stop and tell us stories of Travis. Although I'd have loved to be in the courtroom in solidarity with the family, it was luxurious to be able to emote (tears were flowing) and talk and express ourselves (ok a double bird did fly toward JA) while the closings were going on.

I thought Juan did a fantastic job. I'll never forget today to be honest.

We spent a few hours on the rooftop and then went over to the HLN Live area and I spoke for awhile with Beth (who said "I really want to hang out with you and have some girl talk" awwww she likes me! :D ). Of course Bill, etc.

I want to be rested for tomorrow as I heard Tanisha asked where I was today so I will show up and be there should they have a seat for me and will be with them. If not we'll wash,rinse,repeat from today and PASA comes back and Angie and others. Of course we have good snacks. :blushing:

This has been such an amazing experience in terms of all the loving connections and bonding that's been going on I can't even describe it in words. There are a continual flow of tears turning in to laughter and "I love yous" all over the place. And as I'm writing this an Alexander sibling texts me asking "How are you doing?". ME? How am I doing? What a family I tell ya!

Ok.....Nurmi tomorrow. Ok but Juan gets the last swing and it will be a mighty one.

I will watch the entire Juan closing again as we were a bit loose at times..honestly if Dave wanted to share a Travis story while it was going on, I put my ears on pause for the closing and focused on him. What an incredibly moving day.

xoxo

Well scratch that bed plan...headed out to meet the Alexanders............I'll sleep once this trial is over. ;)

Thank you for sharing! We are all with you and them in spirit! Enjoy the comfort of each other's company.

That will be seriously embarrassing if Nurmi tries to say it was the 2nd Walmart that his client returned the gas cans to. HLN seems to think he will bring it up. So, I say bring it Nurmi.

Of course the rebuttal would be that there were no markings on the receipt to indicate a refund was issued at any store.

On HLN After Dark tonight, JVM had a woman on her jury who said there were two Walmarts in Salinas. My first thought was 'oh no.' Then I found on Walmart's Corporate website that the second one didn't open until July 2010. I sure hope Nurmi doesn't try mislead the jury... and that JM already knows this! http://news.walmart.com/news-archive/2010/07/05/community-of-salinas-welcomes-new-walmart

Several things I can think of regarding Nurmi attempting to "use" this in closings:

This is new "evidence" and cannot come in (applies to false evidence or not), so an objection would be made.

Nurmi never even questioned the Walmart witness, he had no questions at all for her.

Jodi testified that she took the can back to the same Walmart she purchased it from-- the one the witness did the search from.

Juan knows his "stuff" and he probably set Nurmi up, lol. Can you imagine what impression that Nurmi would give the jury if he attempts a lie in closings and gets caught?

Pardon any errors in my post, my puppy is currently "attacking" me and the keyboard.... : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV