a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was also truly touched by Chris Hughes' words about what TA would say....I asked my hubby why someone like TA died while others w/ little ambition of changing/becoming better (me) lives. Motherhood wears me out even though being a mom is such a gift. You are never prepared for the challenge it is...having my children I have gained lots of weight and I am so self-conscience of it. I have lost great memories with my children b/c of it. Instead of doing something about it I beat myself up for getting to this point. Travis has inspired me to get active and healthier. I pray that Travis gets justice, the influence he has had on many lives is his LEGACY and JA/DT cannot take that away.

I know I have to forgive and move on as Chris said but I just can't do it until this verdict comes in. Then I can work on that part of myself and I will becuase Chris made it clear why I should and I believe he is right.

Hi Mandy,

I spoke at length with Chris after last night's show and he was afraid people would misunderstand his thoughts about forgiveness, just as you (and I and anyone listening) probably did. Chris WANTS the killer to be convicted of 1st Degree Murder and he WANTS her to receive the death penalty, more for the life she'll lead as a death row inmate than anything.

Chris is "obviously not there yet." But that is his goal for one day...to forgive the killer. As he explained it to me, he felt almost out of body during his closing thoughts as if Travis or Jesus or something bigger than himself was speaking through him. I know his remarks hit me like a ton of bricks and made me realize things about myself that I've been holding onto...completely unaware of the personal damage I was inflicting on myself. I wept for hours in this realization.

In closing, there's no need to forgive this killer today, tomorrow, next week...there's no time frame on foregiveness. Justice MUST be served before some of us may possibly start the process of forgiving. But for our own good, we cannot hang on to the hatred endlessly.

Hope this clarifies Chris' message a bit for you.

Hi Mandy,

I spoke at length with Chris after last night's show and he was afraid people would misunderstand his thoughts about forgiveness, just as you (and I and anyone listening) probably did. Chris WANTS the killer to be convicted of 1st Degree Murder and he WANTS her to receive the death penalty, more for the life she'll lead as a death row inmate than anything.

Chris is "obviously not there yet." But that is his goal for one day...to forgive the killer. As he explained it to me, he felt almost out of body during his closing thoughts as if Travis or Jesus or something bigger than himself was speaking through him. I know his remarks hit me like a ton of bricks and made me realize things about myself that I've been holding onto...completely unaware of the personal damage I was inflicting on myself. I wept for hours in this realization.

In closing, there's no need to forgive this killer today, tomorrow, next week...there's no time frame on foregiveness. Justice MUST be served before some of us may possibly start the process of forgiving. But for our own good, we cannot hang on to the hatred endlessly.

Thank you so much, Michael. You just answered a really big question that I was left with after hearing Mr. Hughes speak so eloquently last night - which was 'exactly when do we need to begin the forgiveness process'?

Again, very well said & thank you.

Someone HELP!!! I have been trying to change my avatar to a ribbon and cannot get it to change. Very frustrating.

I've saved four different ribbons to my computer, but I continue to get a "file failed to upload" message.

TY in advance.

ETA: SUCCESS!!! Thank you!

This is my very first post. I was planning on waiting and have my first post be when the 1st degree guilty verdict comes in but..... I just have to say what an inspiration KCL is and all you wonderful WSers are too. I have been lurking since the awful FL verdict but I really don't think this will be the same. So my 2nd post will be when the correct verdict comes in and Travis and his family can finally get the justice they deserve. :praying:

Welcome! Thanks for posting!:rockon:

Right-Click on picture and "Save Picture As.." Put it wherever you want on your computer.

Go to "User CP" on Blue Bar (To the right of Home)_

Click on "Edit Avatar" on the left...

Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer

Click Browse and select the picture... Open

Click Save Changes and you're done!

:)

Bump for Michael... :seeya:

I don't know where to post this, so I'm just going to post it here:

I have never followed a trial before in my life -- never been that interested. I've never signed up with or posted on a forum before, either. But here I am. And I don't know exactly why or how it happened. I can say that I have learned so much, so much about strength, endurance, courage, and kindness. I've "met" the Alexander family, Juan Martinez, Esteban Flores, Katiecoolady, Chris and Skye Hughes and, most importantly, Travis. I could never have imagined that joining in this collective yearning for justice would have led to some very personal and important lessons for me, but it has. It's Travis, isn't it? He's still out there, still teaching, still setting examples. How miraculous.

And Katiecoolady -- I'm am super impressed by your willingness to put it all out there for others. Everything you've done for the Alexander family, and everything you've done for us on this forum speaks volumes about your kindness and your strength. Something has changed for you, I think? As you so eloquently put it in your posting a couple of pages back? A new sense of boundaries, and of your future and purpose? Travis, again. Indirectly, through others, still working his mojo. Again, miraculous.

And as for the rest of you Websleuthers -- I can't tell you how wonderful it is to read your thoughts and to post along with you.

Okay! I'm done!

Justice for Travis!

Someone HELP!!! I have been trying to change my avatar to a ribbon and cannot get it to change. Very frustrating.

I've saved four different ribbons to my computer, but I continue to get a "file failed to upload" message.

TY in advance.

putting a diagram together for you right now. Stand by...

OMG Chris Hughes was so terrified of Jodi that he and Sky were afraid for their children, that Jodi may try to kill them all, or burn the house down with everyone in it. OMG.

WHY didn't the jury get to hear from them?

I am so glad Sky Hughes told that witch to get the hell out of her home!!! Good for SKY!!!
The mother bear in her was like, ut oh ...not around my kids, no way, get out!!!

I was wondering why Chris and Sky weren't called for the prosecution. Anyone know? Or have a theory?

The show last night was so good. I missed parts, but will listen to the whole thing. Chris is really right on about the forgiveness thing. It can be so difficult. But from what I have found in my life, if you don't forgive you are only hurting yourself. Not always easy!

TY in advance.

BLUE RIBBON AVATARS

have now been added to the default options!

(Thank you Kimster! :bowdown:)

To change your avatar, go to User CP ---> Edit Avatar. The default options will appear. Go to Page 3 and it is the last one.

Easy peasy.

Please bump this post as needed. :tyou:

I just saw this on the general discussion thread. The mods put the ribbon in the default avatar options! :great:

Hi Mandy,

Thank you Michael! I, too, was struggling with the thought. I did understand what he was saying though about not letting the anger dwell in our hearts.

Can you please tell Chris how grateful we are that he shared so much with us? I feel like I know Travis a little better now and was truly touched by how passionately he spoke about his friend. I was a crying mess by the end.

"Upload of file failed". Tried to change avatar to blue ribbon.

ETA: That's crazy, it actually worked, lol!

Nope, no remorse .... No repentance .... Just this ...

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=qLxNbzveMyY

OMG, I hadn't seen that before...that cold hearted witch...if that isn't reenacting what she did to Travis I don't know what is....Chris Hugh's is most likely right about forgiveness....I suspect he is very religious....but, if that witch did that to my Son,Brother or anyone I loved...I'd just let Karma take care of her and never think of her again...

Hi Mandy,

FWIW, my take on Chris talking about forgiveness was that it lets go of the grudge, or darkness, one carries inside. That negative energy holds people back from becoming all one can be. Essentially, forgiveness starts with the self.

If you are one who does not hold grudges, then I see no need to forgive. If this has affected you emotionally, but not personally and without a grudge, then the forgiveness of which Chris spoke does not apply.

TY in advance.

here you go...

Attachments

119.6 KB · Views: 55
Hi guys
I think she was referring to my twitter page. If you go on to twitter search for @theanusofjodi (I know it's crude, but it's really just a fraction of how gross the real defendant is). You can see all of the graphics there.

I'm leaving work now, going to get a bagel and a coffee to break the fast and then heading home to wait for J-U-S-T-I-C-E.

All the best to everyone here.

HA! I LOVEEEEEE your Twitter images!

This is my very first post. I was planning on waiting and have my first post be when the 1st degree guilty verdict comes in but..... I just have to say what an inspiration KCL is and all you wonderful WSers are too. I have been lurking since the awful FL verdict but I really don't think this will be the same. So my 2nd post will be when the correct verdict comes in and Travis and his family can finally get the justice they deserve. :praying:

Welcome Sleuth4thetruth, happy to have you here! :seeya:

I am very much looking forward to your second post, and more after that...

:wagon:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member