a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had to make a post, I feel so far away.

I wanted to fast tomorrow but today my body said "HI, I'm going to make you miserable and I won't go away for a while". So, all I can do is pray and dig up money to donate and read this board feeling helpless becuase I can't something, anything more. :sigh:

I am so happy to hear Juan has someone and a beautiful prosecutor to boot. He deserves all the love one can give. I get teary eyed when I think of all that he deserves. :) It's weird. He isn't a football player or a rock star, he isn't getting paid millions upon millions a year but Juan is a fighter, he mine as well walk in wearing camo and medals. All of the justice he has brought to families, it can not be outweighed.

I agree with you about Juan. That lady has a keeper!!! Do not worry about not fasting. We are all united in our thoughts and prayers and that is way more than the Alexander could have ever imagined, they seem so grateful that everyone is supporting them. God sees you. Be healthy! :seeya::seeya: Be safe. We are all on the same team. Justice for Travis.

Kathy,
I looked at your website and then went online to read more. I really have to check this out. MRM sounds wonderful. I went to a massage therapist about two years ago because someone mentioned to me a deep tissue massage and I left in so much pain and it continued for days. I was afraid to go back. I am now
wondering now if the therapist did not know what she was doing or if she did not relax the muscles, or if I should have called her and went back. In any case, I have to check this out locally and find someone who knows what they are doing. This could benefit so many folks, if we all understood it. I think so many people suffer from muscle pain. Mine is pretty much all over but severe in my back and neck. So praise God for what you are doing!

I was diag with CMP in 1998 by Dr Robert Gerwin in Bethesda, MD. It is very painful causing widespread pain.

Many don't know or are misdiagnosed and have a massage by someone who doesn't understand or know about it, doing so can cause more harm than good. I had a very good therapist for many years who knew and understood also had one massage by someone who didn't, awful..

Vallie believe me I've had these same feelings. He held the door open for me one day and smiled and it doesn't take much to get my little heart to melt to a person so I had the same kinds of thoughts you did.

Until I remembered how he's CHOSEN to take out his anger for being stuck with this sociopath and this trial on TRAVIS ALEXANDER so many times and in so many ways. And that kind of cured my virus called "Giving compassionate deference to inappropriate people" that has plagued me my whole life. Compassion is one thing. Deference is another.

Some people DO garner a boundary and a , for lack of a better word, disdain for their actions. He's one of them and so is Alyce LaViolette who most think is ruined now from this trial.

People sometimes have to learn things a very hard way.

Nurmi could have chosen many directions to go in this trial. He didn't have to attempt to destroy Travis in the ways he did. But he chose it. And he went overboard. And he will always be remembered for that.

And his sucky closing argument with his back to the jury.

Stay tuned for an upcoming photo of me watching his closing...you may resonate. ;)

ITA and, to me at least, his decision to play the PowerPoint from the sex call during c/a was deplorable. I don't understand how anyone can show photos of what Jodi did to Travis and somehow try to tie it to that doctored up, horrible piece of video. I hope the jurors were as disgusted as I was.

Sorry for the rant, I just couldn't believe it when Nurmi did that (although I guess I shouldn't be surprised). Back to lurkdom for me :blushing:

OMG~~~ That is so funny. I saw JSS's husband/BF way back in Feb. I am embarassed to say but I thought maybe it was DB :blush: ONLY because he was sitting in front of JA's mom.
Here is my original post, below :blush:

jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #50 *may contain graphic and adult content* - Page 3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

:floorlaugh: LOL that is funny Dmacky! I'm sure JSS and her hubby/BF would understand it was an innocent case of mistaken identity.

Jurors held firm in the Scott Peterson case and IIRC he had alot of family support, friends, coaches, etc.

Judge Alfred Delucchi upheld the jurors recommendation for the DP.

Scott had one coach who couldn't say much for him, his family and NO friends.

FYI jayarohh is busy but we're in a conversation about getting this mug thing happening (if the image will translate well). Will keep ya updated on the particulars. I think it'd be an awesome tribute to Juan Martinez (and he was super tickled about the whole thing too...meaning the graphic--he even said "did I say that really?" and I'm like "there are a whole lot of quips you say I'm sure you're not even aware of but they are being listed" or something like that. ) LOL

Little story to share:
My BF of 9 years is originally from back East where his people all still live. He left to go back there on the 24th of April, and got stuck another day coming back cause the Flights got cancelled (rain dontcha know!).
So, he finally returned this afternoon, me being out in my mud boots doing a proper clean up of the peacock pen, and asked him if he had fun fishing, visiting, the usual........

Holy Cats!!!:shocked2:

Call me a bad influence! He went right into "we watched the trial!" *whatttt?*
Ok, you have to know the players, both he and one of his brothers are Viet Nam vets (Marine and Airforce), they both have PTSD that was finally diagnosed by the VA hospital in the last 15 years and got 100% disability after sucking it up for decades being dedicated employees in their jobs while trying to quietly suffer in silence. Medication and treatment were a God send for both of them. They're both in their 60's, 64 and 65, respectively, and tough as nails.

I got my BF interested in the trial because I was interested in this whole PTSD + fog business, because I also have PTSD. The curiosity was, Wow! PTSD and NO MEMORY?!?!?! How is this possible? And can I have some fog too?!?!?!

So BF has been watching religiously on HLN (I do the streaming). Yes, the TV survived MANY close calls when PTSD was discussed by several choice people I will not name......you can almost guess what happened when the 2 brothers were together watching and pulling up David Lohre's video's on Youtube... but I digress....

Big bro (Steve) had to know just who this "Martinez" guy was and what was the big deal. I have trained my BF well! "Well, he's the Pit bull Prosecutor there in Arizona, he's done 100's of cases in his 30 years and only had 1 that was a reduced verdict. He is the Man! You don't want to be on the wrong end of that guy if you're in court! He's one of Arizona's "Finest!"

So Steve is watching, and "What gives? This guy is just beating up those witnesses!" Don (my BF) "Dude, just WATCH, wait til Nurmi get's up, you'll get it!":rockon:

Needless to say, Juan has another fan in Illinois now, waiting for the verdict watch to start again on Monday. Steve and Don are soooo appreciative that Juan got this PTSD back on the right track. For both of them, and myself, it WAS more than personal. The life of a young man was savagely taken away, and to use a mental illness, such as PTSD, is just beyond the pale.:stormingmad:

I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to send a mug to Steve and his wife, as well as get 2 for our place. As soon as you get it in place, count me in for 4, and another donation to the Alexanders!

Ps. Big bro's Flat screen was dislodged from the wall ONCE......but it survived!!!
...they both wept during Juan's closing argument, but you didn't hear that from me :blushing:

To all of our court observers, all I can say is thank you for all your time and dedication to the Alexander Family and Justice for Travis. Monday can't get here soon enough.

I TOTALLY agree.

What a great group of people on this forum.

Re: graphic design
A PayPal option for a high resolution file would be cool. I do not live in the US but I must get a mug made.

Bless you all. I will not be fasting as Sundays is our Orthodox Easter and we will be at church all morning then we eat our blessed food. We will light a candle for Travis and his family.

it's as stupid as the 'take a gun camping' lie...who in the world would buy a gun to take camping with them because they weren't sure about the men they were gna be camping with? NO ONE....they just wouldn't go...

I think that when the Yreka cops nabbed Jodi at grandma's home with the rental car packed with her "kill kit" (i.e., box of books secreting a couple of knives, and her brand new 9 mm handgun taped inside by the engine), that they may have stopped a potential serial killer after her first trophy kill.

She had invited herself on the camping trip with four guys she hardly knew. They were going to be her next victims out in the secluded wilderness.

I think she had learned a lot after slaughtering Travis. She had stimulated all of her senses with the killing. I'm sure she was covered in blood and felt its warmth, tasted the inevitable blood spatter on her face, heard the sounds of a dying man, saw the horrific sights, and reveled in the smell of fear and death.

Sure, her first attempt was sloppy. But she had time to process the experience and to perfect her future plans.

She thought she was never going to be caught after she had disappeared.

But those darn friendly cops who stopped by grandma's and asked to talk with her while her guard was down ... really put a crimp in her brilliant plans for her new future.

It was on "48 Hours" that she infamously stated that "no jury will ever convict me, and you can mark my words on that!". How deliciously ironic it would be if, after exactly 48 hours of deliberation*, the jury reached their unanimous verdict and convicts her.

* (of course, they'd have to stretch out that 48 hours with some card games and maybe a game of charades) :seeya:

What did you guys think of all the times Nurmi turned his BACK to the jury? We kept yelling at the screen saying "who is he talking to?" (well Katie Wick did lol). This was one of the many things I discussed with Juan Martinez in my deep, long, rambling 5 min conversation I had w/ him yesterday. lol

As the adage goes, he did not want to lie to their face? so he turned his back?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

it's as stupid as the 'take a gun camping' lie...who in the world would buy a gun to take camping with them because they weren't sure about the men they were gna be camping with? NO ONE....they just wouldn't go....JA is one of those people who tell so many lies that it just seems like the 'truth' to them...the whole the battery died lie just doesn't fit with someone who uses their phone alot...you would definitely have a charger (on a trip I have a car charger & a regular charger with me)

I know it's been said by many but let me throw my hat in the ring and say a big thx to KCL, PASA & all the others who have kept us informed, made us feel like we were there & passed on our prayers and hugs to the siblings, family & friends of TA. I've been a member here since S.Peterson's trial but the outpouring of love & community in this case is just so uplifting. I really reminds me that there are wonderful people in the world. JUSTICE IS COMING!

I would have bought a new charger before buying a gas can. Probably cheaper, too.

Scott had one coach who couldn't say much for him, his family and NO friends.

It's been a long time - I remember the family testifying during the penalty phase but don't remember any friends unless the court considers the coach a friend?

Lookin for more info I found this FWIW.

Penalty Phase:

Attorneys for the defense have called 28 witnesses to testify on behalf of Scott Peterson, and another 10 are expected to take the stand before the jury begins its deliberation on Thursday

http://www.legalzoom.com/crime-criminals/murder/scott-peterson-faces-death

Vallie believe me I've had these same feelings. He held the door open for me one day and smiled and it doesn't take much to get my little heart to melt to a person so I had the same kinds of thoughts you did.

Until I remembered how he's CHOSEN to take out his anger for being stuck with this sociopath and this trial on TRAVIS ALEXANDER so many times and in so many ways. And that kind of cured my virus called "Giving compassionate deference to inappropriate people" that has plagued me my whole life. Compassion is one thing. Deference is another.

Some people DO garner a boundary and a , for lack of a better word, disdain for their actions. He's one of them and so is Alyce LaViolette who most think is ruined now from this trial.

People sometimes have to learn things a very hard way.

Nurmi could have chosen many directions to go in this trial. He didn't have to attempt to destroy Travis in the ways he did. But he chose it. And he went overboard. And he will always be remembered for that.

And his sucky closing argument with his back to the jury.

Stay tuned for an upcoming photo of me watching his closing...you may resonate. ;)

Katie, do you remember the day ALV first appeared in trial, so personable & so likable? She connected with the room and it resonated to anyone watching.

People who are kind and decent, who know right from wrong and instinctually choose to do what is right - predicted that surely this woman will be a strong witness for the state - her history, her life's work, her passion is to stand up for the weak and defend the victim.

How unbelievable was it to watch a human being implode, by her own hand and right before our very eyes, in real time? She absolutely did that; paving her own path every step of the way.

If I live to be 100, I'll may never see anything like it again. It's just sickening to stumble across clips of her testifying; I can't click out fast enough.. just one of the many memorable, tragic moments of this nightmare.

I have so much to catch up on WS since I took a hiatus from the intensity of the trial. I was getting too wrapped up in a tidal wave of emotions and feeling impotent at not being able to do anything to help Travis' family and friends during the defense team's slandering of a beautiful soul. Contributing money to help ease expenses for the family is, for me, not enough. Every time I allow myself to think about Travis' last minutes, I am flooded with feelings of great sadness, all consuming sorrow and horror. I still cannot fathom how such hatred and evilness can reside on earth. I now believe that Satan exists.

I'm glad that Travis' family has been scooped up into the loving arms of our Arizona WS's. I cannot imagine how dark this trial would be for them if it were not for KCL and the entire support team. May you all be forever blessed.

Although I have already posted this in another thread, I would like to share it here, my first home on the forum. I have found great comfort in working through my emotions in doing little graphics like this one.

All-Creatures-Great-and-S.jpg

You go go go girlie!!! So proud of you for that!!

I'm a "former" smoker, effective 11/19/12. My last one was the Monday before Thanksgiving. (Never smoked a cigarette I didn't love, that's the truth..) Good for you, you have every right to be proud of that victory! Big hugs & pats on the back from me... :rockon::seeya::rockon:

I had my last cig the morning of 11/12/12 - because I was getting major dental work on the 19th and wanted to be free of the smoking thing. I was a smoker for 36 years, and hadn't had much thought of stopping. Yay for you and the OP-and me too. I still can't believe I live without missing it. Good luck Elle!

Thanks to Katiecool and all our other observers! I love the Juan poster-I have to read back about getting one for a donation. I gave to Travis' fund a while back (the one helping the family now and to fulfill a pet project Travis wanted when alive). But I would be happy to help again, I feel so much for his family and how this is for them.

Now that the Trial is over and we must go outside again. I thought I would post this for the WS ladies.

575534_261030537375646_752109992_n.jpg

Well there is a little instant karmatic (not a word I know) secret about Jodi's money that most don't know and I'll post it AFTER she's convicted/sentenced cuz I just don't want it to get back to her. Remind me to share....just a little paradoxical piece of bird shootage I'm looking forward to enjoying. Not a real bird, a Nancy Grace receiving end kinda bird. lol

"Bird shootage". I love it!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, goodie!! I'll look forward to this post-trial tidbit!!!!

Especially if it is bad news JA. I can't help but feel a little catty about that either. Not a trait I like to see come out in myself.....but it is hard not just wishing her a LOAD of ill will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV