A year since Haleigh vanished (psych profiles of those who surrounded Haleigh)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO. I've know many people who have been diagnosed as being bi-polar, and none of them act like Ron C.. Personally, I doubt he is bi-polar, but IF indeed he is bi-polar that is the least of his problems.JMO

Signs and symptoms of antisocial personality disorder may include:

■Disregard for right and wrong
■Persistent lying or deceit
■Using charm or wit to manipulate others
■Recurring difficulties with the law
■Repeatedly violating the rights of others
■Child abuse or neglect
■Intimidation of others
■Aggressive or violent behavior
■Lack of remorse about harming others
■Impulsive behavior
■Agitation
■Poor or abusive relationships
■Irresponsible work behavior

Emeral, you may be right. RC does certainly seem to fit most, if not all of the above symptoms of antisocial behavior. After hearing what CJ had to say on Levi's show, along with bits and pieces we have heard about him otherwise, it certainly seems to fit. If so, I'd say he's capable of just about anything.

As for bi-polar, there are varying degrees IMO. As I stated earlier, I absolutely think it is over diagnosed these days. It could be that RC does have an antisocial personality disorder and he was diagnosed with bi-polar (per statements about the pills, which I didn't realize).

I'm just going by what I know firsthand with my experience with two severely bipolar individuals (I'm talking hospitalization for both), so I'm certainly no expert. I do know that when they hit one of their manic states, they can be deadly. What is strange too, is that they never seem to acknowledge what they have done after an episode. I confronted one with his actions some time later and he said nothing, almost like he didn't hear me. After a long pause, he said he was hungry for Chinese food. WTH?

Regardless, at this point, I'm going to agree with you. It just fits too well.

I just want to add that the LAST thing RC should have in his possession is guns!

Sykes said she saw another side of her grandson's girlfriend in the months after Haleigh vanished, when Cummings, Croslin and Ronald Jr. moved in with her.

"You can't threaten her or do anything to her emotionally or mentally that will affect her," Sykes said. "She doesn't have the ability."

Sykes said even repeated interrogations by investigators had little impact.

"When the sheriff's department was threatening her and doing all their doings and stuff, it didn't faze her," she said.

You know I would sure like to hear an example of this. I don't believe for a second they ever pushed her on anything or threatened her. She is either repeating something Ron or TN told her or she is lying.

You could, of course, be right. The level of dysfunction in these families makes the truth a rare commodity.

However, it is perfectly believable that LE, when questioning the adult who last saw (according to her own statement) a missing child, might threaten her with jail time, being charged with murder, etc. If you have ever witnessed an LE professional doing a mock interrogation, it is very, very intense to be on the other end of the questions. That is why so many people give up and make false confessions. They just want out of the room. and hasn't LE stated, at least implicitly, that they have tried to get Misty to tell what she knows? They don't do that with casual chat.

TN's "they can cast the first stone" goes along with RC's "only God can judge me". Reads: we are Godly people and thus cannot be involved in the death of a child or the cover-up of a child's death. Anytime I hear anyone spouting passages from the Bible, I become immediately suspicious. Hiding behind God and religion.

I think that TN has actually convinced Ron that neither of them (TN & Ron)can be judged for their actions (Haleigh's death and the following coverup) except by God. This appears to be their theme song so to speak and the two of them have probably sworn eachother to secrecy until death. I'm beginning to think that the coverup included sitting Misty up as a babysitter that night so that they could eventually throw all blame on her.

Well, Haleigh was born in 2005. Ron just turned 26. I'm just asking.....is this to imply that Ron was 21 when he graduated high school?

Haleigh was born in August 2003, a couple of months before Ron turned 20.

You could, of course, be right. The level of dysfunction in these families makes the truth a rare commodity.

However, it is perfectly believable that LE, when questioning the adult who last saw (according to her own statement) a missing child, might threaten her with jail time, being charged with murder, etc. If you have ever witnessed an LE professional doing a mock interrogation, it is very, very intense to be on the other end of the questions. That is why so many people give up and make false confessions. They just want out of the room. and hasn't LE stated, at least implicitly, that they have tried to get Misty to tell what she knows? They don't do that with casual chat.

Do you recall Misty walking out of a session with LE the day before she got married. If so you recall her reasons being stated that they weren't nice to her. This was in March - she did not sit back down with LE until August, with a lawyer. Misy has always been treated with kid gloves, when she wasn't she walked.

Do you recall Misty walking out of a session with LE the day before she got married. If so you recall her reasons being stated that they weren't nice to her. This was in March - she did not sit back down with LE until August, with a lawyer. Misy has always been treated with kid gloves, when she wasn't she walked.
Iagree with you. I don't think Misty was necessarily spoiled, (there wasn't much to spoil with), while growing up, but I do think she was 'babied', & learned to use this to manipulate people. There probably wasn't much food in their house, so she learned that saying, 'I'm hungry', got attention, so she still uses it to get sympathy. Donna Brock said that's one of the reasons Misty would call her, & Misty used it again, in a jailhouse call to her mom. When Misty & Ron were fighting @ GGS, Misty called her dad & brother & they both jumped to her rescue'. But then, she turned around & lied, & even put a restraining order against her brother. but no hard feelings, because she later dropped it, so she could move back home. So yes, I'd say that Misty is used to being babied.

so, when Misty doesn't get the exact things she wants to eat, 'she's hungry', & when someone doesn't baby her, 'he's mean'.

The two main characteristics of a sociopath are:

Manipulative and conning.

Copying whisperer's post from another thread because she & I were going way O/T

The eviction is relevant when you take into consideration her homestead is 80 miles from Satsuma....and she has been in that area for a very long time. Thank you LF for finding that most critical piece to this puzzle. I don't think you have ever got the celebration you deserve for finding that record. I think a Party should be thrown for you when this concludes. That piece is VERY important. You are the "Queen of finding the records"

TYVM. I am. [j/k, lol] You are the one who kept the question open.

So now, why did she mislead LE and GVS and everyone else?

I cannot let go of this question. Somebody please come up with some kind of reasoning for it so that I can move on. tia

eta - link to incident report http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/02/13/putnam.pdf

A 1996 study found that over half of runaways reported drug and/or alcohol abuse in the home. Moreover, according to the U.S. Department of Justice, nearly 40% of child abuse cases involved alcohol use immediately before the incident occurred (Read Substance Abuse: “Causing” and “Coping with” Domestic Violence). In SAMHSA’s 2002 survey, the researchers found that households with a parent who abused alcohol were more likely to report “turbulence” than their non-abusing counterparts. The survey defined turbulence as including serious arguments among family members, insults, yelling, and physical abuse. Clearly, children in families with alcoholic or addict parents are at increased risk for neglect and physical, psychological, sexual, or emotional trauma. Specifically, one study found that children of alcoholics were at increased risk for physical abuse whereas children of cocaine addicts were at increased risk for sexual abuse.

Because they have poor, ineffective role models, these children will likely develop behavioral problems that may affect their academic performance, standardized test scores, social interactions, and relationship development. For example, a 1994 study that was published in the American Journal of Drug and Alcohol Abuse found that 41% of parents with substance abuse problems reported that their child was required to repeat a grade in school. The children of addicted parents may also develop any number of mental problems including anxiety disorders, ADHD, and depression. They may also demonstrate low self-esteem or defiance to authority figures such as parents, teachers, and other adults.<snipped>

http://www.edrugrehab.com/the-addict-parent-what-it-means-for-child-development

A 1996 study found that over half of runaways reported drug and/or alcohol abuse in the home. Moreover, according to the U.S. Department of Justice, nearly 40% of child abuse cases involved alcohol use immediately before the incident occurred (Read Substance Abuse: &#8220;Causing&#8221; and &#8220;Coping with&#8221; Domestic Violence). In SAMHSA&#8217;s 2002 survey, the researchers found that households with a parent who abused alcohol were more likely to report &#8220;turbulence&#8221; than their non-abusing counterparts. The survey defined turbulence as including serious arguments among family members, insults, yelling, and physical abuse. Clearly, children in families with alcoholic or addict parents are at increased risk for neglect and physical, psychological, sexual, or emotional trauma. Specifically, one study found that children of alcoholics were at increased risk for physical abuse whereas children of cocaine addicts were at increased risk for sexual abuse.

Because they have poor, ineffective role models, these children will likely develop behavioral problems that may affect their academic performance, standardized test scores, social interactions, and relationship development. For example, a 1994 study that was published in the American Journal of Drug and Alcohol Abuse found that 41% of parents with substance abuse problems reported that their child was required to repeat a grade in school. The children of addicted parents may also develop any number of mental problems including anxiety disorders, ADHD, and depression. They may also demonstrate low self-esteem or defiance to authority figures such as parents, teachers, and other adults.<snipped>

http://www.edrugrehab.com/the-addict-parent-what-it-means-for-child-development

Great link- I think you have hit the nail on the head. And they themselves have apparently become addicts as well- so many of our addict "ism's" mimic anti-social (and other disorders) behaviors. There is no way to know if one acts the way they do because of a disorder or an addiction until the addiction is dealt with.

Emerald I think your opinion is right on target with Ron. I have felt the same way although I will state I do not have much information on bipolar disorder. In my opinion he displays and expresses what looks like ADHD to me with added disorders which is quite common. This would account for his self medication , his dress, and his body language. Someone asked how old he was when he graduated and I have never heard but I don't think he did.
Another marker for ADHD.

Kim , poor ineffective role models are not the cause of ADHD. It is a disability/gift a child is born with and keeps until he dies. They usually do poorly on standardized tests, etc because of their learning differences. They more than likely have high IQs and are gifted in certain subjects. They do tend to self medicate, drop out of school and have poor social relationships. For more accurate information on this subject please subscribe to CHADD magazine. I have four children with ADHD, 4 grandchildren also with ADHD and a daughter studying to be a psychologist. It doesn't have to be a disability in life unless you never get help for your children which I might add is an extremely costly operation in this day and time. It appears to me that Ron never had anyone who could understand or help him. Oftentimes older people think that spanking is the way to discipline a child and we know Ron was raised by grandparents. If they were like the grandparents my children had they would never consult counselours or psychiatrists for behaviors they considered to be wrong, but would have referred to spare the rod , spoil the child thinking.

Now, I'm not excusing Ron for being the [unusual] human he is, but I am just saying there are extenuating circumstances. Thus, Theresa's comment about him having an high IQ, although we all know he has no manners, no empathy, no conscience.

I was quoting an article that stated it can cause ADHD. I don't think I agree with that portion of the article, but perhaps addicted parenting can cause kids to have many of the same traits as ADHD? I've never thought of that before, actually.

IMHO. I've know many people who have been diagnosed as being bi-polar, and none of them act like Ron C.. Personally, I doubt he is bi-polar, but IF indeed he is bi-polar that is the least of his problems.JMO

Signs and symptoms of antisocial personality disorder may include:

&#9632;Disregard for right and wrong
&#9632;Persistent lying or deceit
&#9632;Using charm or wit to manipulate others
&#9632;Recurring difficulties with the law
&#9632;Repeatedly violating the rights of others
&#9632;Child abuse or neglect
&#9632;Intimidation of others
&#9632;Aggressive or violent behavior
&#9632;Lack of remorse about harming others
&#9632;Impulsive behavior
&#9632;Agitation
&#9632;Poor or abusive relationships
&#9632;Irresponsible work behavior

unfortunately this could be any of the Cummings/Croslins family
It must be inherited!!
Poor Haleigh
The whole lot of them are sociopaths IMO

I'm confused..... The article states that Ron fathered three children...... I've only heard of two - HaLeigh and Ron Jr., not to be ignorant (rather new to this case) but does any one know (or can direct me to) information on his third child?

Thanks, Ruby

I'm confused..... The article states that Ron fathered three children...... I've only heard of two - HaLeigh and Ron Jr., not to be ignorant (rather new to this case) but does any one know (or can direct me to) information on his third child?

Thanks, Ruby

I was going to post a link to the original news article, but it is not there anymore. Here is a link to a thread where his other child was discussed.

The child's mother's name is Amber, and IIRC she was involved in the whole 3-day party Misty had shortly before Haleigh vanished.

Ron C's other children ~ Fact, or Rumor? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member