A year since Haleigh vanished (psych profiles of those who surrounded Haleigh)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
unfortunatly, allot of women think more of the new men in their life than their children from a former man...............I see it everyday.........

jeepers creepers.......just look at the number of cases that have happened since Haleigh disappeared where the mother chose a boyfriend over the safety of her children. YIKES!

Are they gonna fall back on the "Jack Lester is from Texas" stuff? He married Teresa when she was 17 yrs old, right here in Putnam County. I'm willing to guess they met while she was in high school... at Crescent City High School. [hmmm, Crescent City sometimes = N.O.LA, is that the missing cajun connection?]

Furthermore, it appears Jack and all of his brothers live right down there in South Putnam.

If Ron didn't have his father in his life, I wonder if the fault can rest with someone other than his father. The maternal side of his family doesn't seem to like letting anybody outside of their nuclear family raising the offspring.

In case anyone missed these articles, Angel Who Cares posted them in the media thread. I found them to be pretty interesting.

Underlined=Sub-Headlines

Dr Lillian Glass Body & Launguage Expert~ Misty Croslin Dad's Body Language Shows He Loves Misty, Is Devastated, And Warned Misty to Stay Away From That Stupid S***And From Ronald Cummings
Friday, February 5th, 2010 at 6:46 am

Misty Croslin's father Hank Thomas Croslin Sr., 41 clearly has troubles of his own. Last Thanksgiving he was arrested and put in jail, charged with withholding information from a doctor and fraudulently obtaining prescription drugs. He is due in court in February so his future may be as bleak as his daughter's. Soon, he too may be behind bars if he is found guilty.

During the emotional jailhouse visit, Hank gave Misty some sound advice about what to do and not do in jail.

Hank Clearly Loves Daughter Misty
However, after watching the jailhouse tapes of her father, you could really feel his pain and see his anguish in dealing with the fact that his beloved daughter is behind bars.

He said "I love you" to her over a dozen times during the call and used terms of endearment even calling her his beautiful baby girl, " He indicated that he has deep affection for his daughter. You could hear the love he has towards her in his voice and it was consistently gentle and kind.

"I Told You So"

No doubt he may have been referring to his daughter's drug usage or drug dealing when he used the term "stupid ****.".

You could hear the heavy breathing and the sighs of exasperation as he spoke throughout the video. At the end he was so devastated talking to his daughter behind bars, that he broke down and began to cry.

Hank Taking Responsibility for His Role ,Truthfully Admitting He Doesn't Know What To Do, and Knowing Deep Down, He's Lost His Kids
The one thing that impressed me while watching the video visit was that Hank manned up and admitted his role in Misty and her brother's predicament.

............The truth of the matter is that Hank knows that he has lost them both and that is why you hear him sigh and breathe so heavily as a signal of distress, throughout the video visit.

Fatherly Concern and Fatherly Advice
He doesn't candy coat things. He tells her the truth that her can promise her that they are not going to be easy on her. He tells her to not trust anyone and to only talk to her lawyer.

Towards the end of his video visit, he tells her to sit up, so that he can see her. That is when he begins to cry.

Hank Warns Misty Not to Lie About Haleigh
In the video, He tells Misty that she must not lie with regard to Haleigh and that all of this must Haleigh stuff must stop.

Hank Says He'll Always Be There for Misty
No matter how much Hank loves his daughter, will have to deal with the sad fact that he may have lost his daughter for good. He will never be able to tell Misty that he loves her to her face or kiss her or give her a warm fatherly hug because most likely she will never get out of prison.

On a subconscious level, even Misty is aware of this. In her jailhouse visit with her mom Lisa, she leaked out " It sucks man I hope I don't have to be here forever." This leakage of information reveals that deep down, Misty knows that she may very well be in prison forever.

Misty is Going Through Various Stages of the Grieving Process

Throughout her jailhouse tapes, you hear her going through various phases of the grieving process.

There is no doubt that as Misty learns she will most likely never come out of prison, she will go through her anger phase and other phases until she finally accepts her fate. In the meantime, I hope she comes clean and tells what really happened to Haleigh.
*Much More At Link!
Article: http://drlillianglassbodylanguageblo...ilhouse-visit/

Underlined=Sub-Headlines

Dr Lillian Glass Body & Launguage Expert~ Haleigh Cummings Father's Vocal "Tells" in His Jailhouse Interview Show Guilt, Resignation, and Ambivalence Towards Misty
Tuesday, February 2nd, 2010 at 11:31 am
<snipped>
In his exclusive jailhouse interview with Florida Times- Union reporter Dana Treen, Cummings had a lot to talk about. His vocal tells and the content of what he said spoke added volumes.

SIGNS OF REMORSE AND RESIGNED HE WILL BE GOING TO PRISON

His voice appeared strong and definite as Ron seemed resigned to the fact that he will be going to prison by firmly stating "I'm going to DOC (Department Of Corrections). I'm going to prison, no ‘ifs, ands, or buts.'" His voice showed that he clearly knew what was going to happen to him and that he was accepting of that fact.
He also showed remorse at the close of his interview as he said "This is a setback in my life," "When I come out, it will remind me what I should be doing, not what I was doing, or accused of doing."

FEAR OF ISOLATION
In his vocal tone you can hear the uneasiness and extreme discomfort he is feeling while being isolated in jail. His voice reveals his frustration as he graphically describes how it is too much to bear by saying, " nobody on either side, nobody nowhere around, nothing but a hallway."

VOCAL RAGE AS RON LASHES OUT ABOUT ALLEGED PERSON WHO TOOK HALEIGH
Ronald's voice becomes suddenly enraged when he talked about what he would do to the person who abducted his daughter. There is a harsh edge to the tone as he speaks with a bravado and says "It'll be justifiable homicide. I don't care if they get me with unjustifiable homicide. I don't care, if I find out what happened to my youngin' it doesn't matter to me. It'll be worth life without parole or the death penalty or whatever".

RON STILL LOVES MISTY BUT SHOWS AMBIVALENCE AND CONFUSION TOWARDS HER

The most interesting part of his jailhouse interview was when he discussed his former wife and now girlfriend Misty Croslin. .......

On the one hand he says, "There really isn't a relationship I guess, just ex-wife, slash friend." But then at the end of his interview in his final message he said "I want my girlfriend to know I love her."

As further indication of his ambivalence and confusion about Misty he says, "Of course, I want to know if she knows anything. It's hard to believe that she don't know more, but it's also hard to believe that if she did know more she didn't already talk."

RON IS IN DENIAL
While he has shown remorse and is resigned to that fact that he will be spending time in prison, he is obviously in denial in terms of how much time he will be spending in prison.

It could be the major portion of his life- 43 years if he is convicted of all charges levied against him. As further evidence that he is still in denial and has not yet fully processed what has happened to him, Cummings told reporter Treen that the charges are "a setback in my life."

Once he realizes that he may be spending 43 years in prison, he will see that this is not a mere "setback" in his life. It is in essence, the end of his life as he knew it.

WHAT HAPPENED TO HALEIGH?

Several months back on September 18, a letter allegedly written by a friend of Misty Croslin's who was in the Putnam County jail, Kristina "Nay Nay" Prevatt allegedly send to her boyfriend a letter stating that a man named Joe told detectives that Haleigh ingested some Oxycontin and died and accused her and Misty and a man named Greg of being there when it happened. The alleged letter also said Greg put Haleigh into a bag and took her to a pond.

Six months ago, this may have seemed like a far - fetched scenario where someone may have made up those claims to get their 15 minutes of fame, but now that Misty has been accused of prescription drug trafficking, and if she is found guilty, it may seem like a plausible scenario . Of course we don't know for sure.

On the other hand, the way Ron was speaking in his jailhouse interview, it seemed as though he is convinced that someone actually took Haleigh and may have her as he describes what he would do to the person who took Haleigh. But then again, this is the same man who says he "loves" his girlfriend and says " but it's also hard to believe that if she did know more she didn't already talk."
*More at link!

Article:http://drlillianglassbodylanguageblo...g-trafficking/

thx, mad.

While I believe much can be read by experts into body language, pitch/rhythm/speed/etc of voice, and word choices, I do not see the same things Dr. Glass seems to in her analyses.

jmo

eta - link didn't work for me

thx, mad.

While I believe much can be read by experts into body language, pitch/rhythm/speed/etc of voice, and word choices, I do not see the same things Dr. Glass seems to in her analyses.

jmo

eta - link didn't work for me

Try this link: http://drlillianglassbodylanguagebl...-croslin-hank-croslin-father-jailhouse-visit/

Two things I don't agree about is that Ron showed remorse and that he is convinced that someone actually took Haleigh. I do agree with what she said about Hank Sr. though. Maybe because he is the only one that is pleading with Misty to tell the truth and mentions Haleigh.

He also showed remorse at the close of his interview as he said "This is a setback in my life," "When I come out, it will remind me what I should be doing, not what I was doing, or accused of doing."

The way Ron was speaking in his jailhouse interview, it seemed as though he is convinced that someone actually took Haleigh and may have her as he describes what he would do to the person who took Haleigh. But then again, this is the same man who says he "loves" his girlfriend and says " but it's also hard to believe that if she did know more she didn't already talk."

This reminds me of what CS said about Ron isolating her. Marie mentioned it as well, that once CS left with Ronald she didn't hear from Crystal. I wonder why Ronald wants to isolated these young girls? For what reason? I now wonder if there is more to Ron that has not been revealed and it's a scary thought. If he was this way with other young girls, it makes one wonder how he treated his own little girl.

"Snip" http://www.artharris.com/2010/02/07/...croslin-tapes/

Chelsea, and others say it was Ronald Cummings who isolated Misty from them, and corrupted her further.

Hank Sr. said they are all tore up about Haleigh and if she does know anything, want her to tell it.”

I think this jailhouse conversation is psychologically very rich.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1002/12/ng.01.html

MISTY CROSLIN: Oh, DCF came over the other day.

HANK CROSLIN: Huh?

MISTY CROSLIN: DCF come in here the other day to talk to me about Ronald.

HANK CROSLIN: Who?

MISTY CROSLIN: DCF. They asked me about Ronald`s drug habit and about my drug habit and a lot of stupid (EXPLETIVE DELETED).

(CROSSTALK)

MISTY CROSLIN: I said Ronald was a good father. He was a good father. I mean, just because he had a drug habit doesn`t mean he wasn`t a good father.

HANK CROSLIN: He did? You didn`t have -- you really didn`t have a drug problem.

MISTY CROSLIN: I didn`t.

HANK CROSLIN: You just did it every once in a while.

MISTY CROSLIN: Yes, and barely, and I didn`t -- it wasn`t even like that. I didn`t even like pills barely, you know? When I got my prescription, he got my whole prescription of pills because I didn`t take them.

It's interesting that she considers DCF concerns about children's welfare stupid ****. It figures...

"He did?" Is Hank really surprised that Ron had a drug habit? Wouldn't he have been in a position to know, claiming that Ron supplied pills to him, etc.?

And they might as well be geography teachers for all the talk about the river in Egypt... "just because he had a drug habit doesn`t mean he wasn`t a good father."
"you really didn`t have a drug problem." "You just did it every once in a while."
"I didn`t even like pills barely"

FGS! They're in jail for drugs, and they don't have a drug problem...? I guess it doesn't count if you don't like it... I don't think these people would admit to a drug problem if it stood up and bit them on their noses.

Do you think Misty knows what a good father is? Apparently the only father she's ever known is no stranger to drugs himself so would she know the difference between a dad on drugs and one that's not?

ANGEL WHO CARE'S Posted this, on Friday and thought it would fit in here.

Dr Lillian Glass: Misty Croslin’s Dramatic Body Language Transformation From Scared Little Girl to Tough Girl Arrogance
Friday, February 12th, 2010
<snipped>

In a matter of days Misty Croslin has transformed from the crying frightened little girl who tells her momma in a jailhouse phone call,” I want out of here” to a tough jail chick who now brazenly tells her momma in a defiant tone “ I’m not afraid,” adding that she doesn’t care if they give her twenty years. brazenly stating, as she defiantly moves her head back and forth to the right and left, “If they give me 20 years it’ll be OK”. You guys’ll come see me and then I I’ll get out. “

This is the same person who had math issues with figuring out ten percent of 100,000 dollars. It is clear that her math skills are in question once again along with her being in denial. She obviously has no clue what 20 years means as indicated by her flippant tone as she makes this statement.
Let’s see how OK it is once she begins serving her sentence. Her hostile cheeky attitude definitely won’t wash with prison officials, that is for sure. She will no doubt be punished a lot unless she has an attitude adjustment.

MISTY AND HER MOM ARE BOTH SCARED

SHAKING YOUR HEAD” YES” WHEN IT SHOULD BE SHAKING “NO” AS IT RELATES TO HALEIGH

THE DENIAL AND BARGAINING PHASE

NEW PLAITED “DO” EQUALS NEWFOUND INFLATED CONFIDENCE

KISS YOUR WHAT?

WAS HALEIGH SEXUALLY MOLESTED?

DID HALEIGH ACCIDENTALLY GET INTO THE DRUGS MISTY AND RON WERE DEALING AND OD?
Whatever the case, based on the jailhouse tapes in looking at Misty’s body language it seems to me that she knows a lot more than she is revealing!
*Much more at link!

Article:
http://drlillianglassbodylanguageblo...irl-arrogance/

As far as a psych profile, I think Ronald is seriously bipolar with anger issues. Unfortunately, from past experience with someone I know, this is an extremely dangerous combination.

I do think the bipolar diagnosis is overused today, but if you know someone that is truly, severely, bipolar by it's very definition, add in the anger issues, you then have an individual that is subject to explode when you least expect it.

In Levi's interview with Charles Jones, Charles stated that Ron could be your friend one day and the very next day you were his enemy. It just confirms what I have believed about RC for some time now.

~OMO~

As far as a psych profile, I think Ronald is seriously bipolar with anger issues. Unfortunately, from past experience with someone I know, this is an extremely dangerous combination.

I do think the bipolar diagnosis is overused today, but if you know someone that is truly, severely, bipolar by it's very definition, add in the anger issues, you then have an individual that is subject to explode when you least expect it.

In Levi's interview with Charles Jones, Charles stated that Ron could be your friend one day and the very next day you were his enemy. It just confirms what I have believed about RC for some time now.

~OMO~

IMHO. I've know many people who have been diagnosed as being bi-polar, and none of them act like Ron C.. Personally, I doubt he is bi-polar, but IF indeed he is bi-polar that is the least of his problems.JMO

Signs and symptoms of antisocial personality disorder may include:

&#9632;Disregard for right and wrong
&#9632;Persistent lying or deceit
&#9632;Using charm or wit to manipulate others
&#9632;Recurring difficulties with the law
&#9632;Repeatedly violating the rights of others
&#9632;Child abuse or neglect
&#9632;Intimidation of others
&#9632;Aggressive or violent behavior
&#9632;Lack of remorse about harming others
&#9632;Impulsive behavior
&#9632;Agitation
&#9632;Poor or abusive relationships
&#9632;Irresponsible work behavior

Don't know if I should say this without the link, but if I remember correctly it was revealed early on that ron had BP meds on top of his fridge, but did not take them. I think it was AB that stated this. Personally I think he is severely BP and more.

This reminds me of what CS said about Ron isolating her. Marie mentioned it as well, that once CS left with Ronald she didn't hear from Crystal. I wonder why Ronald wants to isolated these young girls? For what reason? I now wonder if there is more to Ron that has not been revealed and it's a scary thought. If he was this way with other young girls, it makes one wonder how he treated his own little girl.

Isn't that generally what abusive partners do? They isolate their victim(s) from any support network, iirc. Total control => the ultimate abuse.

Don't know if I should say this without the link, but if I remember correctly it was revealed early on that ron had BP meds on top of his fridge, but did not take them. I think it was AB that stated this. Personally I think he is severely BP and more.

Has he been diagnosed as being a manic - depressive (bi-polar) or does the BP stand for Borderline Personality Disorder? There is a difference.. And BP meds could also stand for Blood Pressure medicine......JMO

IMHO. I've know many people who have been diagnosed as being bi-polar, and none of them act like Ron C.. Personally, I doubt he is bi-polar, but IF indeed he is bi-polar that is the least of his problems.JMO

Signs and symptoms of antisocial personality disorder may include:

&#9632;Disregard for right and wrong
&#9632;Persistent lying or deceit
&#9632;Using charm or wit to manipulate others
&#9632;Recurring difficulties with the law
&#9632;Repeatedly violating the rights of others
&#9632;Child abuse or neglect
&#9632;Intimidation of others
&#9632;Aggressive or violent behavior
&#9632;Lack of remorse about harming others
&#9632;Impulsive behavior
&#9632;Agitation
&#9632;Poor or abusive relationships
&#9632;Irresponsible work behavior

Ron has all the above.................

I haven't seen a hint of severe depression in Ron. jm :twocents:

Has he been diagnosed as being a manic - depressive (bi-polar) or does the BP stand for Borderline Personality Disorder? There is a difference.. And BP meds could also stand for Blood Pressure medicine......JMO

Hi E
Sorry for any confusion. I was referring to Bi-Polar disorder. I am at my laptop and cannot get into my folders where I saved so much info on this case, so I put in Bipolar and Amber in the search option here at WS and several posts came up about the subject.
To be clear, I am not making excuses for rc's behavior but if he does indeed have a diagnosed mental disorder then using illegal drugs surely is not going to help the situation.

ronald wasn't bounced back and forth: he went to his grandmom at 3 and then went to his mom as a teen. the only bouncing here is how the parent wanted to justify why she wasn't there from 3 to 16.

Do we know why Ronald and his sister spent the majority of their childhood with the grandmother?

Hi E
Sorry for any confusion. I was referring to Bi-Polar disorder. I am at my laptop and cannot get into my folders where I saved so much info on this case, so I put in Bipolar and Amber in the search option here at WS and several posts came up about the subject.
To be clear, I am not making excuses for rc's behavior but if he does indeed have a diagnosed mental disorder then using illegal drugs surely is not going to help the situation.

I agree illegal drug use is not going to help the situation especially if he has been put on medication for a bi-polar disorder however there is &#8220;no clean cut lab test&#8221; to determine a chemical imbalance in the brain.
I'm more inclined to believe he may have been diagnosed as being ADHD when he was younger...Also, his actions lean more toward a Borderline Anti Social Personality Disorder than they do him being Bi-Polar..Lithium is the gold standard in the treatment of bipolar disorder..But that just my opinion...I'm not a psychiatrist, but my oldest daughter is a psychotherapist and I do have some knowledge concerning mental illness. .. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthonyotoole