Abandoned pet becomes award-winning police dog

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

TootsieFootsie

Reaction score

An abandoned stray who was found wandering the streets has now become an award-winning police dog.

PD Buzz was found on the streets of Bradford, West Yorkshire, in August 2021 and although he was mircochipped with his owner's address, they did not want him, which meant the pup ended up at Cliffe Kennels in Barnsley.

But PD Buzz's fate all changed when he started showing his potential as a police dog and within his first 12 months on the force, he assisted officers with 26 arrests, 71 pursuits and 38 searches for missing people.

The once-unloved pooch has done very well for himself, even scooping South Yorkshire Police's Animal of the Year award.

His role on the force is 'fundamental', as he has detained prolific criminals, located people and property and protects his partner in crime PC Ashley Green.

A Malinois... :)
I once had one. Was abandoned too.
He did not jump, he flew...
Cats and hares used to run into his mouth. I don't know how it happened, but it happened every time. And he was the sweetest dog. With thighs like an athlete. He could climb like a goat. Once I had been away and went to pick him up from the kennel. I walked into the building, but the owner wasn't there. Said hi! to my dog and turned around to go look for her. Before I was near the door, my dog was already high UP between the fence and the ceiling. The lady became quite pale when I told her.

The asylum wanted him back, to test him as a police dog. Happens more often with Mallis. No way, I said, he's mine now.

Good luck to you, PC Buzz!

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member