Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #176

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BE just posted another clip from the debut of Crime Nation. It is not new info that RL's former girlfriend previously made claims about RL's abusive behavior, though, I'm still thinking about tuning in. Interested to hear if there will be any new info, but of course, being mindful that RL is no longer around to defend himself. Something's got to give? idk. my thoughts, at this time
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin
@BrianEntin

"I said Oh My God. He finally killed somebody."Tonight on the debut of Crime Nation at 8pm on @TheCW -- we hear from the former girlfriend of Ron Logan.Logan owned the property in Delphi, Indiana where the bodies of Abby Williams and Libby German were found.

I'm asking myself since 2017, why RL's ex-wife defended him so very eagerly on SM against anyone and everyone. One day she stopped, I think. Unfortunately, Idk, when it happened. I would have liked to recognize an explanation for her stopping. But maybe, I'm wrong, and she is still defending him and his character. She should know better, after all she is/was divorced.

When I'm hearing "RL", there is always the naked woman in my mind, who by night on the road cried for help and had disappeared into the dark, when police arrived. Is she alive?

ETA: RL wasn't my poi No. 1, but I had him in my mind as a possible connection between BG and the girls.

Last edited:
In the meantime, anyone who finds it is welcome to post it. (I'm out for the day.)
I still haven't found the document but the article (plus video) below describes some of the things that went on during the 6/15 hearing.
06/15/2023Hearing
Session: 06/15/2023 10:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances -SJ
Session: 06/16/2023 8:30 AM, Rescheduled
[snips]
Gull began the hearing by tabling the discussion on the ballistics evidence, which will now be heard at a different date.

During the first half of the hearing on Thursday, the defense called four witnesses to the stand to give their testimony of Allen’s current conditions and the possibility of moving him to Cass County: Chief Deputy Tobe Leazenby with the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office, Max Baker, an intern for attorney Bradley Rozzi’s office, Gary Lewis from Westville Correctional Facility and Cass County Sheriff Ed Shroder.

Shroder explained that Cass County would have resources available to Allen, including mental health care, and said they had recently added 150 beds to their jail facility.

The prosecution called two witnesses, Carroll County Sheriff Tony Liggett and John Galipeau during the second half of Thursday’s hearing. Liggett testified to the size of his department and their inability to properly house and watch Allen in Carroll County.

Galipeau testified to Allen’s conditions at the Westville Correctional Facility.
Galipeau says there have been no known threats to Allen or the facility since he arrived back in November ...

What hasn't the State supplied to the Defense? They had all the CS photos at the time when they crafted their Memo in support of a Franks Hearing. The D referenced the photos in horrendous detail in the Memo and also referenced 3 evidentiary pictures of the bullet.

The Defense didn't just leave CS photos and discovery documents out and about, they willingly shared access with MW and who knows who else, as admitted by their own words.

What motions filed by the Prosecution were not in the correct manner? Speaking of filing notices and motions the Defense called the State Prosecutor 'Nicholas C. Leland' in all 5 requests for Defense Witness Motions in their upcoming hearing in March. Come on guys, you can't even get the Prosecution's name correct? It's your job.

Comparing the State and Defense in their manner of filing notices and motions is like comparing apples and oranges.

MOO
They, AB's office, also emailed the discovery to a random (well he was in the Defense's email contacts) youtuber who has probably shared it with who knows who.

I wonder how long a judge is allowed to sit on motions. Is six months reasonable.
Her full order is in the spoiler for people who don't want to have to read it.
I've made the following brief summary of her order for myself and to share.
Defendant's Motion for Franks Hearing and associated documents
Filed Sept. 18, Oct. 2 and Oct 3 2023
Denied on Jan 22, 2024

State's Objection to Defendant's Motion to Suppress
State's Second Objection to Defendant's Motion to Suppress (filed ) under advisement,
Filed June 13, 2023
Filed on Sept 25, 2023
Under advisement on Jan 22. 2024

Defendant's Motion to Suppress Fruits of Search of 1967 North Whiteman Drive,
Filed on May 19, 2023
Denied Jan 22, 2024

Defendant's Motion in Limine Regarding Ballistics
Filed June 13, 2023 is
Reviewed and denied without hearing on Jan 22, 2024.

Motion to Transfer (by Labrato)
Filed January 12, 2024
Taken under advisement pending the State's response, if any,
and a hearing to be set.

02/08/2024 Order Issued
Motion to Transfer (by Labrato)
Filed January 12, 2024
Denies the Motion to Transfer without hearing.
Judicial Officer:Gull, Frances -SJ
Order Signed:02/08/2024
01/22/2024Order Issued
The Court, having had defendant's Motion for Franks Hearing (filed September 18, 2023), the Memorandum in Support of the Accused's Motion for Franks Hearing (filed September 18, 2023), defendant's Supplemental Motion for Franks Hearing (filed October 2, 2023), Defendant's Additional Franks Notice (filed October 3, 2023), the State's Objection to Defendant's Motion to Suppress (filed June 13, 2023), and the State's Second Objection to Defendant's Motion to Suppress (filed September 25, 2023) under advisement, now denies the Defendant's Motion for a Franks Hearing. The Court finds the Affidavit submitted in support of the issuance of the search warrant contained information that a reasonable belief existed that evidence of the murders would be found in the defendant's home and vehicles. The Court does not find that the Affidavit submitted false statements or that the Affiant omitted statements with reckless disregard, nor does the Court find that the Affiant intended to mislead the Judge by failing to present information. As the Court has found the Affidavit for issuance of the search warrant was valid, the search itself was reasonable and legal under Indiana law and Fourth Amendment case law. Defendant's Motion to Suppress Fruits of Search of 1967 North Whiteman Drive, Delphi, IN (filed May 19, 2023) is also denied based upon all the pleadings, memorandums, and exhibits previously submitted in support of the request for a Franks hearing. Defendant's Motion in Limine Regarding Ballistics (filed June 13, 2023) is reviewed and denied without hearing. The Court finds the evidence contained in Defendant's Exhibits A and B attached to the Motion is relevant and admissible. The Court further finds the probative value of such evidence is not substantially outweighed by its prejudicial impact, and that the evidence will not confuse or mislead the jury. Defendant's Motion to Transfer (filed January 12, 2024) taken under advisement pending the State's response, if any, and a hearing to be set. State's Motion to Amend Information (filed January 18, 2024) will be set for a remote hearing.
Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances -SJ
Order Signed: 01/22/2024
Ridiculous. How is JG allowed to simply not rule for months on end while a man rots in jail waiting for trial???

I wish the investigators would have explained how the cartridge got from the bridge to the murder scene.
I'm not gun savvy at all.

The first link is direct or you can find it in the linked article.

MOTION FOR LEAVE OF COURT TO SUBPOENA THIRD-PARTYRECORDS
Filed April 20, 2023
Pg 6 [snip]
"Investigators believe Richard M. Allen committed this kidnapping which resulted in the killing of Victim 1 and Victim 2. From their prior conclusions investigators believe Richard M. Allen was the male depictedin Victim 2s video saying, “Guys, Down the hill.” They ‘believe Richard M. Allen was carrying his Sig Sauer Model P26 on that day due to the cycled ‘round matching that firearm was located within feet of Victim 2’s body. They further believe he was carrying the Sig Sauer Model P226 from the audio from Victim 2’s video in which investigators believe they hear the sound of a gun being cycled and one of the victims ‘mentioning a “gun.” Investigators believe after that time Victim 1 and Victim 2 were removed from the bridge by Richard to where their murders occurred."
If the gun already had one in the chamber, that one may be still in the creek somewhere...if RA did indeed cycle it on the bridge? Or if was already load with a bullet in the chamber, he may have caught it...dropped it later...or just re-cocked the gun at the murder scene expelling a different cartridge?

So the keepsake bullet found during SW was the same type as the one found at the crime scene? Perhaps it was the one he cycled at the MHB when he abducted the girls then took home as a souvenir.

Also upon reviewing the items seized during the SW, I see a miniature Katana sword with red tassel was on the list.
Has anyone discussed the anime series “One Piece” that features this sword and its Norse Mythology connection?
Would it be safe to assume RA was a consumer of this series if he possessed replica Katana sword?

Boots, knives and car carpeting: What police seized from Delphi murder suspect’s home
Boots, knives and car carpeting: What police seized from Delphi murder suspect’s home
I thought Katana was a samurai sword? So Japanese not Norse.

I thought Katana was a samurai sword? So Japanese not Norse.
I admit I am not knowledgeable in anime but apparently this particular sword katana with red tassel is featured in a series called “One Piece” and has a lot of Norse mythology in the symbolism and plot line.
This series ran 20 seasons starting in 1999.
Could be a stretch or could be a connection.
Just an example on how there could be Nordic influences from the least suspected places.

Last edited:
I would think the mere act of pulling the gun on them would do that, no??
it’s not uncommon for a criminal to chamber a cartridge to gain compliance of the victim. If the gun isn’t getting the expected results then chambering a bullet certainly will.
If you go on you tube you can listen to the sound of a cartridge being chambered in an Sig P226, then compare it to the audio of “Down the Hill”.
You might notice a very similar sound.

I admit I am not knowledgeable in anime but apparently this particular sword katana with red tassel is featured in a series called “One Piece” and has a lot of Norse mythology in the symbolism and plot line.
This series ran 20 seasons starting in 1999.
Could be a stretch or could be a connection.
Just an example on how their could be Nordic influences from the least suspected places.
Interesting, thanks for the info.
I would think the mere act of pulling the gun on them would do that, no??
Well probably but chambering a round, the sound, is probably going to get two girls, who may be a bit dumbfounded in shock and starting into hysterics, moving as one, quickly. God, it's just heartbreaking to think about, let alone put into words </3

So the keepsake bullet found during SW was the same type as the one found at the crime scene? Perhaps it was the one he cycled at the MHB when he abducted the girls then took home as a souvenir.

Also upon reviewing the items seized during the SW, I see a miniature Katana sword with red tassel was on the list.
Has anyone discussed the anime series “One Piece” that features this sword and its Norse Mythology connection?
Would it be safe to assume RA was a consumer of this series if he possessed replica Katana sword?

I watched the Netflix One Piece live action show this past Summer and never realized til I just looked it up now that there was some Norse mythology that inspired some of it. But it really is a mishmash of biblical and different Asian cultures too. I didn't even know it was an anime created story.

I’m as sure as can be that RA is Bridge Guy. Convicting him for an abduction that resulted in murder should be a slam dunk. He was on the bridge when the girls were and that’s him in the video. A brutal crime follows quickly.

But what the hell happened after “down the hill?” Was it just him all the way? Did he plan this? How were the girls controlled by one man during some bizarre acting out? Did the Antony Shots account figure in how RA knew to be there with his abduction kit? Were there others in the woods? Were they pedos or Odinists? The sticks and blood smears—what’s all that? I almost can’t imagine the scenario after “down the hill.” If I’m a juror in a DP case I want it all to make sense.
There's so much we don't know but the jury will.

New filing (yesterday) from the Defense -
This one is the D's Response to the State re: Motion to Compel Discovery (from the D)

JMHO: Interesting assertions here regarding the process of reviewing Discovery Materials from the State the 2nd time around ... including: Some of the Discovery is new to the D. The D also believes some of the existing evidence is missing from this 2nd Discovery set.

View attachment 484706
View attachment 484707
View attachment 484708
Maybe the old/new D never reviewed it all so there are things that seem new to them now...and maybe the dog ate the stuff that's missing OR the former replacement D never returned it all to the State? Maybe they can ask that youtuber, I think it was said they sent him ALL the discovery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1