Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #177

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how to get that info from that map; I took the screen cap of a similar version of the map was on 04/04/2021. I wonder if the original version of the story can be found by the wayback app.
You just click the little icon in the upper left corner of the map to open the data:
Untitled-2.jpg
Why has everything in this case been treated like a state secret? This has been going on since Feb 14th, it's not due to some post-arrest gag order. Investigators have been more open about an actual state secret - the murder of Adnan Khashoggi, than they have about this case. All this secrecy lends itself to conspiracy ideation. If you're hiding everything, at some point people will think you are, well... hiding something.

You just click the little icon in the upper left corner of the map to open the data:
View attachment 490680
Why has everything in this case been treated like a state secret? This has been going on since Feb 14th, it's not due to some post-arrest gag order. Investigators have been more open about an actual state secret - the murder of Adnan Khashoggi, than they have about this case. All this secrecy lends itself to conspiracy ideation. If you're hiding everything, at some point people will think you are, well... hiding something.
That's really interesting about the map. It's apparently still updating: 522,921 views.
Could someone have inserted the map into the article without WRTV's knowledge?

IMO the secrecy has been a real problem. The only one I've followed that's been locked down like this one is the Helen Sailor murder/ Andrew Royer exoneration.

The State has no obligation to share any of their evidence against RA with the public, especially phone data. They gave enough information for the PCA and the SW. They are not required to, nor should they, disclose more. Plus there is also a gag order in place that they've respected unlike the Defense who wants to get information out to help craft a narrative any way they can before the trial even begins.

Evil Odinists, sacrificial killings, targeted killings of LE personnel; conspiracies from high level LE (local, state and FBI) all colluding to frame some random innocent man 5+ years later??? It makes no sense to me.

It really is this simple, the State has guarded their case/theory just like any other Prosecutor does. Just because the behavior of this Defense is so off the walls doesn't mean the Prosecution doesn't have enough or more than circumstantial evidence to convict RA IMO. We don't know the extent of the State's evidence period.

Confessions are just one of the things that juries love and it appears there are quite a few made by RA, not counting that HE places himself at the very location at the time of the murders in almost exact clothing identified by the witnesses and Libby's video in Oct 2022. I mean, that's a lot to work with and far from circumstantial.

Always MOO

Very well said @girlhasnoname !

What you wrote helps us stay ground that we are largely only hear the noise from one side of the aisle.

The trial will be where both sides present their proof or rebuttals.

Glad it got moved up but wouldn't at all be surprised it gets delayed from May.

That's really interesting about the map. It's apparently still updating: 522,921 views.
Could someone have inserted the map into the article without WRTV's knowledge?
I wondered about that too, but the map is legit. It apppears in archives back to Dec 2020, and the footnote places the map all the way back to 2017.

Untitled-1.jpg

I was just thinking about that bullet again. I don’t have the details on the SW for RL’s place. Was there any mention of that bullet and the possibility of finding a weapon on RL’s property that used the same kind? TY in advance :).

I was just thinking about that bullet again. I don’t have the details on the SW for RL’s place. Was there any mention of that bullet and the possibility of finding a weapon on RL’s property that used the same kind? TY in advance :).
I scoured that SW and never found any reference to a .40 SW firearm. But I might have missed it.

Guns was one of the items listed; they knew he owned guns because one of his women told LE he carried.
No specifics are listed however.

There's a lot we haven't seen from RL. I'd like to see the return plus chain of custody in the sw. It's possible that there's an interview that could be obtained through the FOIA.

Last edited:
The State has no obligation to share any of their evidence against RA with the public, especially phone data. They gave enough information for the PCA and the SW. They are not required to, nor should they, disclose more. Plus there is also a gag order in place that they've respected unlike the Defense who wants to get information out to help craft a narrative any way they can before the trial even begins.

Evil Odinists, sacrificial killings, targeted killings of LE personnel; conspiracies from high level LE (local, state and FBI) all colluding to frame some random innocent man 5+ years later??? It makes no sense to me.

It really is this simple, the State has guarded their case/theory just like any other Prosecutor does. Just because the behavior of this Defense is so off the walls doesn't mean the Prosecution doesn't have enough or more than circumstantial evidence to convict RA IMO. We don't know the extent of the State's evidence period.

Confessions are just one of the things that juries love and it appears there are quite a few made by RA, not counting that HE places himself at the very location at the time of the murders in almost exact clothing identified by the witnesses and Libby's video in Oct 2022. I mean, that's a lot to work with and far from circumstantial.

Always MOO
They are under an obligation to share it with the defense team, though. And they're not doing it. Or being extremely choosey with what they are turning over.....why?

I scoured that SW and never found any reference to a .40 SW firearm. But I might have missed it.
Thanks! I just found and read Nikkole Robertson’s details to support the SW and what I found most interesting was this:

“Logan’s physical build is consistent with that of the male suspect videoed by LG on the Monon High Bridge Trail.”

I wish I could stand RL next to RA and see how they measure up. I doubt there’s any comparison at all. JMHO

They are under an obligation to share it with the defense team, though. And they're not doing it. Or being extremely choosey with what they are turning over.....why?
Just for clarification my post said "obligation to share with the public". Absolutely the State has an obligation to turn over any and all pertinent Discovery to the Defense, not just something the Defense speculates they have, imagines they have, or has heard rumors they have, etc. I'm not sure what they haven't provided?

The Defense also has an obligation for Reciprocal Discovery as well, which they haven't even attempted to provide when NMcL filed his Motion To Compel Discovery a few weeks ago. The Defense IMO, truly doesn't know what they have or for long they've had it. They even admit that in the Footnotes in the 1st of their 3 Memos in support of Franks. They are unorganized, ill prepared, played the MST card and ended up jumping the shark IMO.

RA would have been better off IMO sticking with S&L, who could have paid this murder trial and preparation some real attention. This Defendant is entitled to a competent and vigorous defense, which I have not seen from R&B from Day 1.

JMO

Guns was one of the items listed; they knew he owned guns because one of his women told LE he carried.
No specifics are listed however.
One thing about many locking block handguns like Glocks, Berettas and the Sig P226 - caliber conversions are super simple. A 9mm P226 can become a .40 SW in less than a minute, and there would be no paper trail for it.
So it makes sense to me that no caliber was specified in the SW.

One thing about many locking block handguns like Glocks, Berettas and the Sig P226 - caliber conversions are super simple. A 9mm P226 can become a .40 SW in less than a minute, and there would be no paper trail for it.
So it makes sense to me that no caliber was specified in the SW.
So wouldn't they be looking for any kind of a gun that will shoot .40 caliber?
If he had a Glock, would they have taken that?

Here's a good explanation of geofencing for anyone interested.
Emerging Tech and Law Enforcement: Geofences - Lexipol.
Looks like geofencing could soon be a thing of the past.

On December 12, 2023, Google announced substantial changes to how and where it stores users’ Location History data. According to the company’s public release, Location History information will be transitioned from storage in centralized databases to being encrypted and saved on individual users’ devices. The company announced users will be given the option of backing up this data to personal cloud-based storage, where the information would not be accessible to Google. Also, Google will be reducing the default rule for the automatic deletion of Location History data from 18 months to three.

According to Skye Witley, writing for Bloomberg Law, this change “will eventually render the company unable to fulfill geofence warrants, which typically seek to identify anyone with Google accounts who was within a given perimeter during the time of a crime.”

In covering the story for Forbes.com, Cyrus Farivar and Thomas Brewster revealed a “current Google employee … told Forbes that along with the obvious privacy benefits of encrypting location data, Google made the move to explicitly bring an end to such dragnet location searches.”

Last edited:
So wouldn't they be looking for any kind of a gun that will shoot .40 caliber?
Correct, IMHO
If he had a Glock, would they have taken that?
I suspect they took any firearm capable of firing (even if caliber-converted) a .40 SW round. Most likely they seized every firearm RL had for possible toolmark examination.

Here's a good explanation of geofencing for anyone interested.
Emerging Tech and Law Enforcement: Geofences - Lexipol.
Thank You TL45. I read this last night snd found it very informative!
In relation to this case I believe they geofenced a large area including the bridge and location of victims found.
The fact that this only became available in 2016 and is being phased out this year makes Delphi LE very lucky.
I recommend reading for anyone not well versed in geo fencing.

Thanks! I just found and read Nikkole Robertson’s details to support the SW and what I found most interesting was this:

“Logan’s physical build is consistent with that of the male suspect videoed by LG on the Monon High Bridge Trail.”

I wish I could stand RL next to RA and see how they measure up. I doubt there’s any comparison at all. JMHO

I cannot place the two men next to one another for you but can provide a link to a video with RL in it.

It begins with Ron saying, "And this is the gate they left down..."
It's not clear to me who left the gate down, LE of the killer(s).

Screenshot 2024-03-15 112402.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member