Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #177

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't there also a man close to the family, so maybe a very early searcher, who asked RL if he could look on his land? Did RL mention that on camera?
...when I came home one of the neighbors asked for permission to come back here and search for the missing girls and that’s the first time I heard anything about it,” Logan told News 8 in February 2017.
Source

I'm still days and days behind, but I got the Cliff Notes from reading when I have had time - I understand a bunch of YouTubers have sent letters to the judge etc - and I'm just wondering, what do people expect might happen at court on Monday?! I read somewhere that some people think the D team will be removed (again), that they could be arrested and led out by LE etc.... ???
My opinion is defense will be sanctioned for the leak. All of it needs to be on record . To me there is only two acts of contempt:the crime scene photo leaks and perhaps ongoing discovery leaks. Whether it can be proven it was intentional, gross negligence or otherwise is yet to be tested. The press release and accidental email were before the gag and protective orders so technically not contempt. Just shows pattern of unethical behavior.
I don’t think the will be DQ’d because it conflicts with the speedy trial. That road is conveniently blocked. RA made his choice and absent of him requesting new attorneys they will take him to trial.
Bigger picture. State of Indiana needs to have evidence on record and tested in court.
Depending on the outcome tomorrow will determine what criminal or civil actions will be coming against which parties in the near future.

My opinion is defense will be sanctioned for the leak. All of it needs to be on record . To me there is only two acts of contempt:the crime scene photo leaks and perhaps ongoing discovery leaks. Whether it can be proven it was intentional, gross negligence or otherwise is yet to be tested. The press release and accidental email were before the gag and protective orders so technically not contempt. Just shows pattern of unethical behavior.
I don’t think the will be DQ’d because it conflicts with the speedy trial. That road is conveniently blocked. RA made his choice and absent of him requesting new attorneys they will take him to trial.
Bigger picture. State of Indiana needs to have evidence on record and tested in court.
Depending on the outcome tomorrow will determine what criminal or civil actions will be coming against which parties in the near future.
I think you're right. She can't really remove them and adhere to speedy trial - and the date has been set for that. I wonder though, why no cameras / electronics (including watches?) in the court room?

If proven, i think they'll just be told off and get a fine. it will be more serious if it could be shown there was a course of intentional leaks - not just the photos 'stolen' by MW

I've tried to stay away from all of this drama because I think it's just easier to see what comes out in the hearing but I listened to 5 mins of murder sheet yesterday because it came up by chance at the end of my podcast queue on my run and i couldn't be arsed to stop and change it. FWIW, they are saying that it is obvious someone has been briefing select defence friendly youtubers for some time now. That's also been clear to me ever since DH made his own youtube podcast appearance back in november last year. MS speculated that DH, as the lawyer of the lawyers, is not covered by the gag.

My wild speculation is similar. i.e. they got burned by MW, so now they message via their attorney surrogates who appear to be 'very familiar with the defence thinking"

It's probably why the gag order is pointless.

I think you're right. She can't really remove them and adhere to speedy trial - and the date has been set for that. I wonder though, why no cameras / electronics (including watches?) in the court room?
My layman’s opinion is to prevent grandstanding, theatrics and sound bytes.
To keep court room decorum formal and respectful to all parties.

If proven, i think they'll just be told off and get a fine. it will be more serious if it could be shown there was a course of intentional leaks - not just the photos 'stolen' by MW

I've tried to stay away from all of this drama because I think it's just easier to see what comes out in the hearing but I listened to 5 mins of murder sheet yesterday because it came up by chance at the end of my podcast queue on my run and i couldn't be arsed to stop and change it. FWIW, they are saying that it is obvious someone has been briefing select defence friendly youtubers for some time now. That's also been clear to me ever since DH made his own youtube podcast appearance back in november last year. MS speculated that DH, as the lawyer of the lawyers, is not covered by the gag.

My wild speculation is similar. i.e. they got burned by MW, so now they message via their attorney surrogates who appear to be 'very familiar with the defence thinking"

It's probably why the gag order is pointless.
If JG allows Hennessey to speak his piece, I think we will learn that someone’s been leaking evidence to prosecution friendly podcasters LONG before MW took those pics and sent them to RF who sent them to MRC who sent them to MS and many others. I don’t think Baldwin had anything to do with it other than not having his “war room” secure. MW is solely responsible for what he did and THAT is where the blame should fall. It is unfortunate, I think, that MW’s trial date comes after this contempt hearing.
JMHO

If JG allows Hennessey to speak his piece, I think we will learn that someone’s been leaking evidence to prosecution friendly podcasters LONG before MW took those pics and sent them to RF who sent them to MRC who sent them to MS and many others. I don’t think Baldwin had anything to do with it other than not having his “war room” secure. MW is solely responsible for what he did and THAT is where the blame should fall. It is unfortunate, I think, that MW’s trial date comes after this contempt hearing.
JMHO
In the meantime, can you even imagine if this defense team knowingly read and quoted from an ex parte motion filed by the prosecutor? It would be anarchy. Jmo.

Arrest.
Arrest in error.

Pardon me dear CC Clerk, would you care to elaborate what Order for Warrant of Arrest that was you found mixed in today's stack of Delphi Motions? :rolleyes:

moo
^^ Quoting myself quoting the docket Thursday. ^^

I moved 1/4 of my Monday chips after those docket entries. :oops:
Moved another 1/4 of my Monday chips w/ Hennessy's last memo and SJG's decorum order. :cool:

(that "decorum" thing that read more "draconian", "defensive" to me) o_O

odds just FWIW & MOO "at the moment". :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The only thing I can recall is the taped interviews of BH and PW that were apparently recorded over. These interviews were conducted within the first week following the murders. Handwritten records exist, but it’s just not the same.

The issue is, IMO, hand written records do not compare to actual video, especially when someone has an agenda to support his/her own narrative of an event. It appears Holeman distorted the truth when interviewing Jeffrey Turco (professor of occult religions). In fact, it was SO distorted, I would call it an outright lie. Hopefully, this will be addressed at some point. As well, one doesn’t get the “feel” of the interview from notes, the non-verbal communication as well as intonation by the subject being interviewed. Also, you don’t get to see how the interviewer is acting. All chummy or how Holeman interviewed RF, the things he insinuated and what we know took place shortly thereafter. JMO

I’d LOVE to see a video of EF’s interview too!

Also PB interview for my 2 cents of curiosity. Would love to see exactly what all is "missing":rolleyes:

JMHO

right although that is mostly whataboutism

the Defence are liable for their own conduct. it isn’t a defence that someone else also leaked.

anyway hopefully it will be over with shortly.

It is absolutely accurate. It was two days later, I remember it well. It was almost the same time the BG photo first appeared on 2-15, and I was sitting here looking at RL, then BG, then back to RL. It felt like a slam dunk at the time.
This is from the local TV station; it was posted online on Feb 16, 2017. It shows RL and another guy inside the crime scene tape.

Are you sure that is inside the taped off area of the crime scene? At 0:50 it appeared to me they were outside the area taped off. Outside of the crime scene tape?

Perfect example of how people see the same thing differently, I also remember watching this and thought they were standing outside the area the girls were found. One of us would be correct but that would not mean the other is lying. KWIM?

Are you sure that is inside the taped off area of the crime scene? At 0:50 it appeared to me they were outside the area taped off. Outside of the crime scene tape?

Perfect example of how people see the same thing differently, I also remember watching this and thought they were standing outside the area the girls were found. One of us would be correct but that would not mean the other is lying. KWIM?
In the Fox59 video you can clearly tell they are inside the crime scene tape.

I think his defense attorneys want the crime scene read as "where the bodys were found" but the bridge is also the crime scene.. I do wonder if it's a little misleading about the geofence.

SNIPPED FROM AN OLD ARTICLE:

"Cellphone data also revealed Logan to be in Delphi and near the Monon High Bridge where the girls went missing on the afternoon of their disappearance."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay