Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #179

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If so, that will be on the audio. As soon as he said "Scream..." I'd have taken him up on it and started screaming.
HA!!! I would also but I am older.

A 13 & 14 yr old girl with a threat of him having a gun or even pointing it at them, IMO, would comply and NOT scream.
I would not either at that age.

Last edited:
Do you have links for either? IIRC, he said he was on the bridge, but not at the time the victims were. And no witness has Identified RA as bridge guy, as far as we know.
Feb. 13, 2017 - Allen is on the bridge, according to later interviews
Richard Allen would eventually tell police he was on the trail from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. on this day.
He said he parked at the old Farm Bureau building — which was later confirmed to be the former Child Protective Services building — and saw three girls at the Freedom Bridge.
Allen told investigators he did not speak with the girls as he walked from the Freedom Bridge to the Monon High Bridge.
He also tells police he saw girls on the trails east of Freedom Bridge before going to Monon High Bridge to watch the fish.
Note that Allen told police this information in 2017,
Investigators reviewingpriort'ms encountered t'm narrativefrom an oflicer who interviewedRichardAllen in 201 7. That narrative stated: Mr. Allen was on the trail between 1330-1530. Heparked at the old Farm Bureau building and walked to the new Freedom Bridge. While at the Freedom Bridge he saw threefemales. He noted one was taller and had brown or black ha'ir. He did notremember descrFQtion nor did he speak with them. He walkedfrom the Freedom Bridge to theHigh Bridge. He did notsee anybody, although he stated he was watching stock ticker on hisphone as he walked He stated there were vehiclesparked at the High Bridge trail head, however did notpayattention to them. He did not take anyphotos or video.His cellphone did not list anMI but did have thefollowirtg: MED-256 691 463 100 153 495 MEIDHEX-9900247025797
Above is also in the Affidavit==Page 4

Same here. Odinism isn't on trial. And none of these individuals involved in these questionable organizations mentioned are on trial, unless perhaps we move into whether RA himself might have had some interest in that vein. Many with inclinations towards fringe/cult activity would be secretive about such interests. The reluctance of the D-- even at this point-- to face this trial as a head-on probe into whether their client is BG is astounding, and I seriously don't think the D is going to be anywhere near prepared for the actual trial. All their energies have been poured into derailing it, destroying it, distorting its focus, creating a "bandwagon" effect against its existence, attacking the judge insofar as she opposes them, and beyond. Even the Franks becomes something of interest in that we hear RA was terrified of these Odinite patches worn by prison guards, and these patches in some cases look like designs for funny coffee mugs. Nothing too terrifying there. Will be watching to see the geofence data so we can all rest assured RA was watching his stock ticker as noted in the infancy of the investigation.
One attorney with his dexterity, writing an opening statement, one attorney with his mind thinking of and making assertions that make sense and with his mind ensuring the assertions fit the facts.

Sure - but so far as far as I can see there is no evidence against BH, and the only evidence against EF is his confession. Mr Click has a theory of the case, but actually no evidence that connects his suspects to the crime. That is probably why they never had probable cause for a search for example.
On top of the fact that he stated he that he quit investigating BH and all in July.
Yet he didn't retire until December.
Why didn't he follow through with his investigation for the next 6 months ??

Ferency, who was a Terre Haute police officer with the - and he was also an FBL Joint Terrorism Task Foree member, and Detective Kevin Murphy, who was Indiana State Police detective, who was also a FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force member.
Q And what kind of things were you doing in terms of investigative support? 9 A 10 Q II
A Conducting interviews and trying to gather evidence
Over the course of how long did you do that?
Roughly three years. I began providing assistance approximately June of 12 2018, and ceased when Detective Ferency was shot and killed in the line of duty 13 July 7 of 2021
Q State your name for the record. My name is Todd Click Spell your name, if you would. C-L-I-C-K, first name is Todd, T-0-D-D. What do you do for a living? l am currently a parole agent with the State of Indiana. What did you do prior to that?
Iwas a police officer with the Rushville Police Department.
How long did you do that?
A little more than 20 years, from February 6th of 2001, and then I retired 24 December 31 of 2021
RECORD OF PROCEEDINGS AT HEARING ON MOTION TO DISMISS HELD MARCH 18, 2024

Nice! Thanks!

AT&T
Subscriber Information: 7 Years
Call History: 7 years
Tower Locations as they related to Call History: 7 years
SMS Content: Not Available
Tower Dumps: 7 years
Range to Tower (RTT) Data: 180 days

If RA was using ATT in 2017 I suspect he used it until his arrest. That could be a huge part of the prosecution's case.
I don't see anything relating to retaining information about turning the device on & off, or using airplane mode.

@layer here are previous tech threads re: the phones/location data. To answer your question about airplane mode, which I don’t think I answered in these-yes, location via sim data (which you would subpoena the phone company for) would still work on airplane mode. Airplane mode only turns off Wi-Fi and cell services, airplane mode doesn't turn off GPS. Hope this helps. Thank you for looking up the phone companies!

The sim data would not pick up any location information if the phone was off.
Post in thread 'Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #175'

Factory reset, digital forensics
Post in thread 'Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #175'

Sim data/subpoena/location

Step by step easy data recovery available for free on Linux
Post in thread 'Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #176'

Edit: to add subject of each comment.

Last edited:
@layer here are previous tech threads re: the phones/location data. To answer your question about airplane mode, which I don’t think I answered in these-yes, location via sim data (which you would subpoena the phone company for) would still work on airplane mode. Airplane mode only turns off Wi-Fi and cell services, airplane mode doesn't turn off GPS. Hope this helps.
What I was wondering is this - how could anyone have records of when a device was turned on and off, into and out of airplane mode, date and time specific... from 7 years ago, no less? What method would be used to store such device usage info, where would it be stored, for what purpose, and by whom?

The girls advised after encountering the male they continued their walk across Freedom Bridge and the old railroad bridge.
I'm having trouble following this narrative. Is this suggesting that they encountered BG after the murders, on his way out, and then they continued on across Freedom Bridge and Monon High Bridge? What time was that?
NOPE-- you have that backwards.
The girls were walking to Freedom Bridge to "go home"
NOT towards the Monon HIgh bridge where Libby and Abby were.

Interviews were conducted with juveniles, and They advised they were on the MononHigh Bridge Trail on February 13th 2017. They advised they were walking on the trail toward Freedom Bridge to go home when they encountered male walking from Freedom Bridge toward the Manon HighBridge. described the male as "kind of creepy
As posted in my past post

Interviews were conducted with juveniles, and They advised they were on the MononHigh Bridge Trail on February 13th 2017. They advised they were walking on the trail toward Freedom Bridge to go home when they encountered male walking from Freedom Bridge toward the Manon HighBridge. described the male as "kind of creepy
That sounds like the girl someone saw being interviewed on TV with short blond hair. Not sure it has ever been relocated.

NOPE-- you have that backwards.
The girls were walking to Freedom Bridge to "go home"
NOT towards the Monon HIgh bridge where Libby and Abby were.
OK, I just realized you were replying to me. Doh.
Help me understand the quote:
The girls advised after encountering the male they continued their walk across Freedom Bridge and the old railroad bridge.
After... they continued...
Maybe we're talking about different witnesses.

OK, I just realized you were replying to me. Doh.
Help me understand the quote:
After... they continued...
Maybe we're talking about different witnesses.
I thought you were talking about the 3 girls who saw BG

Interviews were conducted with juveniles, and They advised they were on the Monon High Bridge Trail on February 13th, 2017. They advised they were walking on the trail toward Freedom Bridge to go home when they encountered male walking from Freedom Bridge toward the Monon High Bridge. described the male as "kind of creepy" and advised he was wearing "like blue jeans.

So the girls were walking AWAY from Monon HIgh Bridge at the Freedom Bridge/parking to leave and they encountered BG walking FROM Freedom Bridge toward Monon HIgh bridge trails as they left.
Basically, they passed him as they were leaving and he was entering.

Last edited:
I thought you were talking about the 3 girls who saw BG
3 girls... 2 girls... all I know is I was replying to this:

photographs included a photo of the Monon High Bridge taken at 12:43 p.m, and another one taken at 1:26 p.m. of the bench East of the Freedom Bridge. She advised after she took the photo of the bench they started walking back toward Freedom Bridge. She advised that was when they encountered the man who matched the description of the photograph taken from Victim 2's video, described the man she encountered on the trail as wearing a blue or black windbreaker jacket. She advised the jacket had a collar and he had his hood up from the clothing underneath his jacket She advised he was wearing baggy jeans and was taller than her. She advised her head came up to approximately his shoulder. She advised said "Hi" to the man and that he said nothing back. She stated he was walking with a purpose like he knew where he was going. She stated he had his hands in his pockets and kept his head down. She advised she did not get a good look at his face but believed him to be a white male. The girls advised after encountering the male they continued their walk across Freedom Bridge and the old railroad bridge.

3 girls... 2 girls... all I know is I was replying to this:

photographs included a photo of the Monon High Bridge taken at 12:43 p.m, and another one taken at 1:26 p.m. of the bench East of the Freedom Bridge. She advised after she took the photo of the bench they started walking back toward Freedom Bridge. She advised that was when they encountered the man who matched the description of the photograph taken from Victim 2's video, described the man she encountered on the trail as wearing a blue or black windbreaker jacket. She advised the jacket had a collar and he had his hood up from the clothing underneath his jacket She advised he was wearing baggy jeans and was taller than her. She advised her head came up to approximately his shoulder. She advised said "Hi" to the man and that he said nothing back. She stated he was walking with a purpose like he knew where he was going. She stated he had his hands in his pockets and kept his head down. She advised she did not get a good look at his face but believed him to be a white male. The girls advised after encountering the male they continued their walk across Freedom Bridge and the old railroad bridge.
Hmm.. I think the article you are getting this from is mixed up.
I am quoting from the affidavit about the girls

I dont remember another set of girls in affidavit, but maybe I missed something.

Hmm.. I think the article you are getting this from is mixed up.
I am quoting from the affidavit about the girls

I dont remember another set of girls in affidavit, but maybe I missed something.
I know, I wish they would just give names or Juvie #1, #2 etc. This is a nightmare to try to keep track of. This is where the quote I was responding to was, no idea where it originated.

What I was wondering is this - how could anyone have records of when a device was turned on and off, into and out of airplane mode, date and time specific... from 7 years ago, no less? What method would be used to store such device usage info, where would it be stored, for what purpose, and by whom?
RSBM

What I was wondering is this - how could anyone have records of when a device was turned on and off, into and out of airplane mode, date and time specific... from 7 years ago, no less?

The information MEID (noted in the SWA) provides is mainly added when the phone is built. It doesn’t include any information about the name or address that the phone is registered to, or the number on the SIM card. There is some information about network and location that is transmitted by the MEID number but only locally BUT this data resets every time the phone turns off.

Sim data includes location data you can subpoena the phone company for, but it will include the data from before the phone is turned off/then back on. This data would be available for a certain amount of time (usually companies only store this data for so long), and would only include data (like GPS/location/etc) from when the phone was ON or on Airplane mode. If the phone is off there would be no data transferred.

Theoretically, you could deduce the phone was off or the battery dead during times the phone wasn’t transferring any data. But that doesn’t tell you anything except the phone was off or dead. There’s no way to deduce whether something nefarious was going on during the time the phone was off or not. At least not technologically, from the phone.

….from 7 years ago, no less?

I think it is very doubtful. The FBI has some of the best forensic recovery tech, which I don’t know much about. But the phone company only keeps data for so long, and the phone company will not just give out the sim data, LE would have to subpoena the phone company within the amount of time the phone company keeps this data.

What method would be used to store such device usage info, where would it be stored, for what purpose, and by whom?

Sim data would be stored via the phone company, for numerous reasons, if you mean the data itself?

If you are asking how LE specifically would store this data, ideally on something more reliable than a DVR that records over the data. An external HD. A private server with IT people, shared through something like Dropbox, for example. Ideally the investigators on the case are crowdsourcing the data, therefore, could individually save it also (which would be smart IMO, because you don’t want to lose important information/potential evidence in a homicide case).

Let’s say the Unified Command has important data, they could upload to Dropbox and each person could make a copy of the data and save on their computer, an external HD, etc. LE could technically “clone” a phone with a warrant or permission with some type of cloning software, which would save the cloned phone’s data. This would be more common in PDs that are larger and have more funding, but I am positive the FBI has cloning software, and I believe they are typically happy to help smaller PDs with stuff like this when asked-especially when crimes against children are involved.

(AJMO, from my understanding.)

Apologies for the tl;dr nerd rant, did I answer your questions?

I know, I wish they would just give names or Juvie #1, #2 etc. This is a nightmare to try to keep track of. This is where the quote I was responding to was, no idea where it originated.
the old railroad bridge is the Monon HIgh Bridge. He was walking FROM Freedom bridge towards the trails and MHB.
The were leaving Freedom bridge to go home.

1712200933869.png

Gah, mystery solved. The poster cut off the end of the sentence. LOL
The girls advised after encountering the male they continued their walk across Freedom Bridge and the old railroad bridge over Old State Road 25.
I'm assuming that's a different bridge, closer to town. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flimflam